• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
There wont be a new boyband until 1D is done. They broke into the market and establish their fanbase first, everything else will seem like wannabes or copies and even those who are nothing like them like The Wanted seem redundant.

X-Factor will keep trying but lighting can't strike twice

Maybe a girl group? Fifth Harmony on XF US is fairly good.

Its been years since a decent girl group hit the market.

I agree though.....boyband ain't happening.

Nlroh

Did you say something about them being bad dancers?

tumblr_mab4j0v2Ns1rtoyym.gif

tumblr_mab4gxWCdr1rtoyym.gif

Zizbuka

Banned
I didn't want to start a new thread, since there's probably lots of Adele threads around. But since this isn't a 'real' thread.........

I don't keep up on pop music, obviously since I have no idea who these boys are. I've heard the name Adele, never heard a song or saw a picture. Remember reading something about her being too fat, but whatever.

Then I saw a youtube interview, sounds like your typical british housewife....... then she sang the "set fire to the rain" song. Wow, what a voice. I think I have a new crush. If I buy her 19 album will I be disappointed with the rest of the songs, or are they as powerful?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I didn't want to start a new thread, since there's probably lots of Adele threads around. But since this isn't a 'real' thread.........

I don't keep up on pop music, obviously since I have no idea who these boys are. I've heard the name Adele, never heard a song or saw a picture. Remember reading something about her being too fat, but whatever.

Then I saw a youtube interview, sounds like your typical british housewife....... then she sang the "set fire to the rain" song. Wow, what a voice. I think I have a new crush. If I buy her 19 album will I be disappointed with the rest of the songs, or are they as powerful?

She has 2 albums, 21 and 19 but I tend to think that Set Fire To The Rain is her best song. You might want to check more of her music before buying one of the albums.

And lol @ not a real thread.

dA200.gif

Also how on earth does someone not know who Adele is?

Did you say something about them being bad dancers?

tumblr_mab4j0v2Ns1rtoyym.gif

tumblr_mab4gxWCdr1rtoyym.gif

Lol

I think them being terrible at it is part of their charm.

Anyways. Quoting Marius from other thread.
Sales predictions from HDD: http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news09195m01

Take Me Home - 525-575k
Lotus - 75-80k
Paradise - 65-70k

iL5VfhuvhjkCY.gif

WAY more than I expected. My original projection was 300-400k. Which I upped to 450k because I thought that they were bigger with the general public than people expected. If they really land in that range its huge.......I expect the album to sell well throughout the holidays as parents buy for their kids. Should have NO problem passing the 3 million total from their first album world wide.

Now to see if they can replicate Beautiful's radio success with Kiss You.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Its also impressive that they passed the other tween sensation Justin Bieber
even Up All Night had more legs than his latest album

All they need now is another hit single like What Makes You Beautiful

Yeah.... That is my biggest concern. Without radio hits you can continue on hype alone for a while, but not indefinitely. Live While Were Young didn't do as well on radio as I expected (though I was never a huge fan of the song) so I am just trying to stay optimistic.

Should be fun either way.

...hopefully none of the guys self destruct....as is common with celebs.

Nlroh

hauXo.gif

But this is good only if they manage to get another hit song... Since I don't know shit about what's on the radio, I don't know if any of their songs could be a hit.
Last weekend I was in the US and it seemed like the only song they were playing was some awful Rihanna thing.

And... Adele is hilarious on interviews. I don't like her songs, but she's funny.

Ellen interview should be fun....though I really don't expect to see anything new.

Hopefully she puts some good backstage stuff on her website. Sometimes that stuff can be hilarious.

Nlroh

His new haircut is better because he's more recognizable. And I say that thinking from a character design/marketing point of view. Obviously he looks ugly, but he's always been the least charismatic so I don't really care about him.

His new haircut is better because he's more recognizable. And I say that thinking from a character design/marketing point of view. Obviously he looks ugly, but he's always been the less charismatic so I don't really care about him.

All this hate.

Makes me like him more.

Damn u.........

Where is the love?

Xc3gx.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I listened to the bonus tracks and I actually ended up skipping one of them which I didn't do with the album, Nobody Compares does have some redeeming qualities and it might grow on me but aside from that they are trash

tumblr_md76y1iZEH1qmls91o3_250.gif

I listened to the bonus tracks and I actually ended up skipping one of them which I didn't do with the album, Nobody Compares does have some redeeming qualities and it might grow on me but aside from that they are trash

tumblr_md76y1iZEH1qmls91o3_250.gif

9f3HF.gif

<3 Nobody Compares

....and Liam isn't THAT bad looking. Thats a horrible picture I will admit.

Whats next? Sharp knees?

lol, I just dont like him that bald it doesn't work with his face

He needs hair
tumblr_md6vboKum21rq4psfo1_500.gif

I love Louis tho

He does need hair. I think he just wanted to be different.....which NEVER turns out well.
(I actually don't like his cut in that gif much. The do he had during his audition and the one right after X Factor were the best)

<3 Louis. Despite his lack of singing ability.
1b27j.gif

I totally agree with the thread title,

and by agree, I mean shit in each of those One Direction members mouths while listening to a little classic that changed the landscape of music called Sgt. Peppers. It's explosive diarrea too.
with bits of undigested corn

Nlroh

First this wasn't a real thread, now something about explosive diarrhea with undigested corn bits.

What is going on?

BnMpP.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I will be in class, so I wont see it either. Hopefully they perform Little Things and make it climb back up or continue the Kiss You promo

tumblr_mdfn6pUlVi1rpeaxx.gif

"She's Not Afraid" is quite good and they managed to make Louis not sound annoying lol.

tumblr_m0u8k4bxh11rrwhd8o5_r2_5002.gif

Just listened to it again and I agree. Louis doesn't sound at all bad on that song.

I am not 100% sold on the song but still.....its the second best of the bonus tracks on the albums imo.

So my thoughts on Ellen show.

Opening "What Makes You Beautiful" performance at the opening was good.... wish they would have stuck to tracks from the new album.

Niall & Harry looking great......they are also the only single ones supposedly(lol Louis....no one believes you). I like Zayn way more in candids than at actual events....his "made up" look is meh for me.

Interview was super short. Pretty much everything in it had already been shown during teasers which was a let down.

Game had some funny moments with the fangirls feeling up the band.

Ended with "Live While Were Young".

Do they have any events planned around the time Kiss You is hitting? Not sure why they couldn't have thrown that in here.

Top Bottom