• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

Nlroh

I wouldn't expect much from interviews, they always get the same questions.

tumblr_mdjwtr60qP1qfhf86.gif

tumblr_mdjwupi87m1qfhf86.gif

tumblr_mdjw7yh6ES1r7b7qe.gif

I wouldn't expect much from interviews, they always get the same questions.

I know.....still a gurl can dream.

God those gifs....

Was hoping for SOMETHING unexpected though. Whether it was song choice, interview question, etc. This felt so routine.

C4Lukins

Boy bands don't last, there will always be a new group to take the spot of the old, its always been like this and I don't see it changing because the appeal wears off. No one is pretending 1D is going to be here 5 years from now but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy them while they are here, gotta live while we are young.

But what are you enjoying? Is it really the music. If so, why all the pictures of these teenage boys. Why so little talk about the songs themselves. The average age of gaf is in the mid to late twenties from what I have seen, does this music bring you back to 10 years ago? It seems to be the characters or the actual band members that excite a lot of the members in this thread.

Nlroh

But what are you enjoying? Is it really the music. If so, why all the pictures of these teenage boys. Why so little talk about the songs themselves. The average age of gaf is in the mid to late twenties from what I have seen, does this music bring you back to 10 years ago? It seems to be the characters or the actual band members that excite a lot of the members in this thread.

They have fun and catchy music, am I supposed to NOT enjoy fun and catchy songs unless they bring me back to 10 years ago? It's just harmless pop music, I don't get why most people don't understand that. They also have engaging personalities. You don't like watching interviews of your favorite bands?

---------

Marius, Wafflecaaaaakes where are you?!

Ry9dQ.gif

Cloudy

Banned
Listened to this today. It's not very good at all. Nothing memorable like "One Thing". The music style is too similar and their singing isn't that great to begin with. These guys aren't anywhere near the talent level of BSB and 2/5th of N'Sync lol

---------

Marius, Wafflecaaaaakes where are you?!

Ry9dQ.gif

I am here.

Everything is going to be ok.

ONXLf.gif

1D news updates.

Album/Single #1 in UK. Album #1 is US with about 540k in sales.

Harry Styles is dating squints.

Liam Payne apparently may or may not be possibly dating Leona Lewis.

chlamydia from Taylor?? Their dating seems more like some PR shit.

Taylor has a "reputation".

I am not sure as to whether its a stunt or not. They did date in the past......I suppose it could all be a part of Harry's master plan to go solo. I am not sure Taylor would be worth it though.

Nlroh

The two of them have just released an album, they should be super busy with other things, but instead they're dating each other and getting press with some ridiculous headlines like the Taylor moving to London thing. I don't know, I think it's too convenient and stupid to be real.

The two of them have just released an album, they should be super busy with other things, but instead they're dating each other and getting press with some ridiculous headlines like the Taylor moving to London thing. I don't know, I think it's too convenient and stupid to be real.

Yeah probably. Though I assume both of them are on break right now after album promo's, but before they start their tours next year, so they probably have some free time.

Harry is not allowed to cheat on Louis....publicity stunt or not.....

9SIuL.jpg

Bladenic

I thought Taylor was dating Ed Sheeran? And wasn't the Leona rumor old? And wasn't she linked with Harry? And doesn't Liam have a girlfriend?

And why do I care?

I thought Taylor was dating Ed Sheeran? And wasn't the Leona rumor old? And wasn't she linked with Harry? And doesn't Liam have a girlfriend?

And why do I care?
Taylor is loose and easy....news at 11.

lol yeah the Liam thing is a rumor. Only posted because saw some new articles go up.

Delio

So 1D and The Wanted are having a bit of a twitter fight right now. Zayn and Max from both bands are basically going on at each other.

And Perez is joining in on the fun.

tumblr_mdyrzw369N1rcv847o1_500.png

Yeah The Wanted have come off as really desperate for a long time. It seems like from day 1 they were the "other" UK boyband.....no surprised they are pressed.

Nathan is cute though.

Delio

Yeah The Wanted have come off as really desperate for a long time. It seems like from day 1 they were the "other" UK boyband.....no surprised they are pressed.

Nathan is cute though.

Nathan has always been my fav of the group. He seems to not give a crap about the drama and in general stays away from it. I wont say he hasn't made comments here and there.

tumblr_mdyqz6QeZt1rkaiuho1_500.jpg

Yeah he has interesting features without looking harsh imo.

Still can't hold a candle to the 1D guys though.

1b27j.gif
\
All kinds of flawless.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
One Direction – Take Me Home
ibx3Vp3k2ZUVKb.jpg

Opening Comments:Let’s start getting things out of the way. Vocally they are not something impressive but for what they are doing (and their target audience) everything works just fine. I’ll be reviewing this album while taking their target audience into consideration.

This is a fun pop group album. While it doesn't do anything groundbreaking, it just works as it should. The songs are pretty simplistic but catchy, enjoyable and pretty playful for most of the part.

Track List and Scores

1 Live Like We’re Young – Fun and catchy 4/5

2 Kiss You – Like the beat and it has a old school Pop Group vibes in some moments 4/5

3 Little Things- It alright but nothing memorable 3/5

4 C’mon C’mon – I think this might be the favorite on the album. It has the right hooks and beat to be catchy. 4.5/5

5 Last First Kiss – It just works. 3.5/5

6 Heart Attack – Fun and catchy 4/5

7 Rock me – Likable probably the second best 4.5/5

8 Change My Mind – Cute and enjoyable 4/5

9 I Would – As usual the fun, simple and catchy 4.5/5

10 Over Again – Good song which isn’t the usual happier song from them 4/5

11 Back For You – As usual another catchy cute song 4/5

12 They Don’t Know About Us – Its enjoyable but just that 3.5/5

13 Summer Love – Best slow song on the album. 4.5/5

14 She’s Not Afraid – More of the usual catchy happy songs. Its sounds more of the same. 3.5/5

15 Loved You First – It’s enjoyable but it’s nothing new to be honest. 3.5

16 Nobody Compared – Good, cute and catchy as usual. 4/5

17 Still The One – Usual catchy song but this one it’s weaker than the others tho. 3/5

Closing Comments: The album mostly follows the same formula which can make things feel and sound a bit repetitive, it simply works for the intended target and its pretty inoffensive compared to other things on the radio

OVERALL SCORE: 4/5

Thanks for the review Pupi!

When tracks first started leaking for the album I thought I liked Up All Night more overall.....

However, I just went back for a listen through of UAN and I really having a hard time getting through some of the tracks. Take Me Home has a lot more going on imo .

Also...Little Things still sucks. I passionately hate that song. People being so generous on scoring it. 1.5/5 from me.

Nlroh

I'm starting to like Little Things. I decided I won't care about the lyrics anymore, it's obvious I won't find poetry or masterpieces in pop music.

Meh. I think that even if you completely ignore the lyrics its still a very disposable track.

Also...this gif is driving me nuts today.

ixxtgYj3MLziT.gif

They both are obviously enjoying themselves.....I need to find the source vid.

Edit: Oh just noticed Live While Were Young passed 100 million views on youtube. Pretty good considering it didn't ever get a lot of radio airplay.

Twitter brings out the worst in everyone.....Still I think its all in good fun overall.

itor2L2Mhy76W.gif

Also in the last week all the boys launched their own solo youtube channels. Hopefully we get some decent vids posted.

Edit: Also saw the X Factor "Kiss You" tease......please, please, please do not let the music video be based on that shit.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Take Me Home opened with 1+ million sales WW
which brings their total album sales to 4 million

but I expect Take Me Home to outsell Up All Night tho

Top Bottom