• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Direction - Take Me Home |OT| The Return of The Kings, The Beatles hew?

Nlroh

tumblr_mdpakjic171rhw718o1_500.gif

After listening to this for quite some time, my favorite songs in no particular order are:

Last First Kiss
C'mon C'mon
Kiss you
Summer Love

tumblr_mdpakjic171rhw718o1_500.gif

After listening to this for quite some time, my favorite songs in no particular order are:

Last First Kiss
C'mon C'mon
Kiss you
Summer Love

Hrm....after a week or so here are mine.

Summer Love
Nobody Compares
Kiss You
Over Again
Still The One

A couple growing on me: They Don't Know About Us and a Back for You.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Mine

1. "Live While We're Young"
2. "Kiss You"
3. "Little Things"
4. "C'mon, C'mon"
5. "Last First Kiss"
6. "Heart Attack"
7. "Rock Me"
8. "Change My Mind"
9. "I Would"
10. "Over Again"
11. "Back for You"
12. "They Don't Know About Us"
13. "Summer Love"

Yearbook Edition Bonus tracks
14. "She's Not Afraid"
15. "Loved You First"
16. "Nobody Compares"
17. "Still the One"

The last 2 have grown on me so much they are quickly becoming my favorites
and I still haven't listen to the Target ones

I cant at how much I listen to this album it has easily become one of my favorites of the year
iHxwcU8fHOvoe.gif

Mine

2. "Kiss You"
3. "Little Things"
4. "C'mon, C'mon"
5. "Last First Kiss"
6. "Heart Attack"
7. "Rock Me"
8. "Change My Mind"
9. "I Would"
10. "Over Again"
11. "Back for You"
13. "Summer Love"

Yearbook Edition Bonus tracks
14. "She's Not Afraid"
15. "Loved You First"
16. "Nobody Compares"
17. "Still the One"

The last 2 have grown on me so much they are quickly becoming my favorites
and I still haven't listen to the Target ones

I cant at how much I listen to this album it has easily become one of my favorites of the year
iHxwcU8fHOvoe.gif

Really the only songs I don't like are Little Things, Heart Attack(borderline), and Loved You First.

Very excited. Hopefully they don't delay it too long. My guess is they will give it till after Christmas.

Just listened to the Target Bonus Tracks.

ibh0Tx0lyvfmo5.png

Review:
Irresistible - 3/5
Fairly generic song. Has some similar sounds to other tracks on the album but has a different tempo. Not a bad track but nothing I would get overly excited about. One of the more "filler" songs I have heard from them but I can enjoy it.

Magic - 2.5/5
I sense a theme coming on. Both tracks thus far are essentially taking the essence of a song they are already known for and setting it to a different beat. Nothing special here........kind of a cliche track at this point.

Truly, Madly, Deeply - 4/5
Similar overall vibe to Little Things but a much different execution. The best track of the three imo. Still has a few cringe worthy lyrics....but I tend to get over those after a few listens. Solid....but not spectacular.
Edit:Listened a few more times and really like it...bumped score.

In conclusion. Pretty much what you would expect. NOT worth buying another copy over though. All three are slow to mid tempo...an upbeat ditty would have been very welcome.

markot

Banned
I love that a thread about a band has more pictures then talk about music in it >.<

Srsly, do you people even realllllllllly like their music? I mean, if they sounded like fran drescher running through cactus fields naked, would it matter?

I love that a thread about a band has more pictures then talk about music in it >.<

Srsly, do you people even realllllllllly like their music? I mean, if they sounded like fran drescher running through cactus fields naked, would it matter?

Hate to break it to you but almost every post on this page is about the music.....continue with your delusions though, its cute.

Stay pressed and wishing you fav's were worth posting pics of.
2rxGC.gif

markot

Banned
Would you have bought their albums if they looked like

300px-Thief_-_Radiohead.jpg

And sounded like... well what one direction sound like? ( I mean I might have just for the novelty factor!)

Also.

I google 'bad boy band' for pictures, and its like nothing but one direction >.>

Face it, you are listening with your eyes, not your ears.

Would you have bought their albums if they looked like

300px-Thief_-_Radiohead.jpg

And sounded like... well what one direction sound like? ( I mean I might have just for the novelty factor!)

Also.

I google 'bad boy band' for pictures, and its like nothing but one direction >.>

Face it, you are listening with your eyes, not your ears.

Glad to hear your opinion that other people cannot legitimately like anything you don't like. Lends a great deal of legitimacy to your argument. I do love their music....as do many others. I know its hard to wrap your head around.

Not going to lie....looks/personality don't hurt. Its part of the industry...a certain level of attractiveness is usually required to take off.

I would say that people are no more attracted to young boy bands for their looks than other people are repelled by the same thing. One Direction could be making the greatest music of all time and hipsters here on gaf would still hate them for being young, attractive, and popular. How is that any different? (obviously not true for everyone)

zATTJ.gif

You and legit arguments don't mesh well do they?

She is NOT a part of the music scene. Never had a single. Never charted on pop charts. She is there for novelty factor and to buy albums for 50+ mothers. If anything she is popular BECAUSE of how different she is. (Though TBH her popularity is near nill at this point...albums not selling much.)

Not even slightly relevant other than for the lulz factor.

markot

Banned
My point is 95% of the appeal of one direction and bieber have to do with their looks and only their looks.

Theyre not even as talented as Britney spears, and she used to be the poster child for shallow pop.

My point is 95% of the appeal of one direction and bieber have to do with their looks and only their looks.

Theyre not even as talented as Britney spears, and she used to be the poster child for shallow pop.

You are so full of shit lol.

I don't think you know the first thing about them.....you just see popular young people and throw out labels and generalizations.

1D are miles ahead of those others you listed in terms of musicality (playing instruments etc) and vocal ability.....this is fact.

9VmX3.gif

Music is allll about the hearing. Thats why we wear earphones not eye... phones.

This is true....but it is interesting that whenever called out on a lie/distortion you go off on some distracting tangent.

You say no music discussion is occurring....I point out the WHOLE page was music discussion.

Silence.

You ask if we REALLY like their music. I say yes. You respond with essentially "too bad you don't really like it because I say so". Essentially writing off any opinion other than your own.

Wha?

You accuse us of listening with our eyes. I say thats part of the reality of the pop music scene...however, that doesn't make everyone with looks bad. You respond with a troll Susan Boyle post.

Srsly?

You claim they are at Brit/Bieber levels of talent...no......BELOW that level....which is verifiable untrue. (not to mention that its a good thing popgaf is asleep with your brit comments lol)

oops time to change the subject

Then some stupid thing about eyephones.

So here is my question. Do you have ANYTHING to contribute other than taking wild ferocious dumps all over any possible legit discussion because you want to hide that fact that you HATE anything popular or hip?

Nope?.....move along please.

i7ujGzU1OzLbr.gif

YASS Waffles DRAG THEM TO THE PITS OF HELL

i7ujGzU1OzLbr.gif

2rxGC.gif

Very excited. Hopefully they don't delay it too long. My guess is they will give it till after Christmas.

Just listened to the Target Bonus Tracks.

ibh0Tx0lyvfmo5.png

Review:
Irresistible - 3/5
Fairly generic song. Has some similar sounds to other tracks on the album but has a different tempo. Not a bad track but nothing I would get overly excited about. One of the more "filler" songs I have heard from them but I can enjoy it.

Magic - 2.5/5
I sense a theme coming on. Both tracks thus far are essentially taking the essence of a song they are already known for and setting it to a different beat. Nothing special here........kind of a cliche track at this point.

Truly, Madly, Deeply - 4/5
Similar overall vibe to Little Things but a much different execution. The best track of the three imo. Still has a few cringe worthy lyrics....but I tend to get over those after a few listens. Solid....but not spectacular.
Edit:Listened a few more times and really like it...bumped score.

In conclusion. Pretty much what you would expect. NOT worth buying another copy over though. All three are slow to mid tempo...an upbeat ditty would have been very welcome.

Quoting myself since we got sidetracked and apparently we don't discuss "music" in this thread.

Nlroh

Just wow. Saying that brain dead britney has talent...

I didn't know there were some "Target bonus tracks". How does this work? What is Target and Japan doing to get special bonus tracks?
I want to listen to those songs!

zc0uG.gif

Just wow. Saying that brain dead britney has talent...

I didn't know there were some "Target bonus tracks". How does this work? What is Target and Japan doing to get special bonus tracks?
I want to listen to those songs!

zc0uG.gif

They are up on youtube. Fairly easy to find. :)

Target is really pushing the album which is probably why they get a special edition.

Whats this about Japan?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Japan basically got all the bonus songs on their Yearbook Edition

while for us it got split between Target and The Yearbook Edition

The Target thing reminded me that Japan usually gets bonus tracks, and I've never understood why. I don't know if they got bonus for Take Me Home... uhm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Take_Me_Home_(One_Direction_album)#Track_listing

Japanese bonus tracks.

Fuck that :(

Now I have to do ANOTHER review.....lol.

At minimum you should listen to Truly, Madly, Deeply. The song grows on me each time I listen to it. It does everything I WISH Little Things had done.

Japan basically got all the bonus songs on their Yearbook Edition

while for us it got split between Target and The Yearbook Edition

Ah coolio.

i have never ever seen so many kindagay.gifs from a band...is it a british thing?

probably, I know an American boyband wouldn't act like them

or maybe its something else
8f70c6ea.gif

Pretty much this.

Though imo it's now a part of their persona that they play up a great deal......it drives the fangirls nuts. Its also a nice contrast to Bieber who seems to go out of his way to look as straight as he can possibly be (though he does a terrible job) which is important because they have a very similar target audience.

So whether they are actually gay, just British, genius businessmen, or some combination.....whatever they are doing is working out well for them.

Edit: Oh an this for those who don't read popgaf regularly. Two week total of 700k+

LX8aV.jpg

Delio

I see waffle is holding down the castle as always. Love yah lots. BTW my fav tracks are

2. "Kiss You"
3. "Little Things"
4. "C'mon, C'mon"
5. "Last First Kiss"
6. "Heart Attack"
7. "Rock Me"
8. "Change My Mind"
9. "I Would"
10. "Over Again"
11. "Back for You"
13. "Summer Love"

Out of these I only really love 1,2,4,7,8,10 and 11.

Although tbh I care for the entire album much more than the first one. I actually listened to both back and back and I REALLY see the improvement in the second album.

I see waffle is holding down the castle as always. Love yah lots. BTW my fav tracks are

2. "Kiss You"
3. "Little Things"
4. "C'mon, C'mon"
5. "Last First Kiss"
6. "Heart Attack"
7. "Rock Me"
8. "Change My Mind"
9. "I Would"
10. "Over Again"
11. "Back for You"
13. "Summer Love"

Out of these I only really love 1,2,4,7,8,10 and 11.

Although tbh I care for the entire album much more than the first one. I actually listened to both back and back and I REALLY see the improvement in the second album.

I agree. I now think it is far superior to their first outing. Great stuff.

<3

You should post more!

Delio

From both albums or just this one? If from just this one then Rock me. I dunno why but I really love the feel of it. Kinda gives me old school vibes.

From the first I'd choose One thing. Still my fav from the first next to Stole my Heart.

Interesting.

For me its Over again (or Nobody Compares if bonus tracks included).

From the first its Making the Same Mistakes (Up All Night #2 just because its so fun).

For me any song that reminds me TOO much of another song it annoys me. Which is what keeps Rock Me down off the top. Same with Stole My Heart and Loved You First.

Delio

Interesting.

For me its Over again (or Nobody Compares if bonus tracks included).

From the first its Making the Same Mistakes (Up All Night #2 just because its so fun).

For me any song that reminds me TOO much of another song it annoys me. Which is what keeps Rock Me down off the top. Same with Stole My Heart and Loved You First.

Over again is lovely tho I cant hate on that. I kinda wondering why they didnt add some tech like beats into this new album. Seems like everyone is jumping on that kick right now.

Over again is lovely tho I cant hate on that. I kinda wondering why they didnt add some tech like beats into this new album. Seems like everyone is jumping on that kick right now.

You
and anyone else without Target album
need to get your hands on Truly, Madly, Deeply. Its cheesy yes.....but I am in love with it for some reason. Brings the emotional wreck fangirl out in me.

Go. Now. Listen.
AOGSt.gif

I don't like it... Sorry Wafflecakes but I'm starting to doubt your flawless taste.

Pft.

ibjKW8CzMgt1Wc.gif

Doubters be damned.

Also NEW NEWS.

tumblr_me9ueuwECg1ra1ly1o1_500.png

Should be fun. I generally enjoy their interviews....though American hosts ask the most damned generic questions.

Update: Oh also they are apparently releasing a "fragrance".....meh.

tumblr_mebu7h6hnV1qm2m3wo1_250.gif

They have dolls, fragance, accesories, movie, what's next???

I don't even want to think about it.......marketing/product gimmick's aren't my thing.

Also I need to choose an avatar. I like the one I have now but I am not sold on it. Made a shitton. I will post a few.

8Ca8Y.jpg
H8T6Z.jpg
BQQ0w.jpg
rdvaE.jpg

0VTAq.jpg
SxuZu.jpg
05IyG.jpg
2XyFE.jpg

kf3Vj.jpg
x0Pon.jpg
Q1vOD.jpg
fhRXs.jpg

May just cycle through them until one sticks.

Top Bottom