• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
smoker for next nakama. surprised the strawhats never got an ex-marine crew member. they are getting an ex-warlord as a crew member.

Tizoc

So crazy theory-
What if
WHAT IF
this arc concludes or eventually there'll be
a Buster Call? I know it may seem to belittle all the ish that happened during this arc, but it'd be a rather interesting twist :p

jbug617

Banned
So crazy theory-
What if
WHAT IF
a Buster Call? I know it may seem to belittle all the ish that happened during this arc, but it'd be a rather interesting twist :p

I think we are all expecting to see Kaido to end the arc.

OP GAF can you help me out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1IA5E30dMI

So here is this MAD opening for OP but there is some footage he uses which I haven't seen before and it doesn't look like it is photo-shopped

of course I read the manga and know that all these characters don't appear in Dressrosa but could someone tell me where the original footage came from like maybe a game opening

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So crazy theory-
What if
WHAT IF
There is nothing left to destroy!

So crazy theory-
What if
WHAT IF

I don't think Fujitora would allow such a thing..... even though he already tossed a meteorite recklessly on top of citizens under a birdcage ;P

Dugna

Didn't they JUST now bring down the factory to stop the shipments to Kaido?
I don't think he knows he is going to miss the next shipment

Wasn't the events of punk hazard basically broadcast to all who cared about the underworld's business though? So Kaido gets the gist of what might be happening after stuff like Doffy's fake resignation and such. That and Kaido could easily show up at dressarosa like Big mam did looking to secure Caesar, the straw hat crew remaining on dressarosa have been there longer then expected because of how luffy decided to just beat the crap out of Doffy.

Wasn't the events of punk hazard basically broadcast to all who cared about the underworld's business though? So Kaido gets the gist of what might be happening after stuff like Doffy's fake resignation and such. That and Kaido could easily show up at dressarosa like Big mam did looking to secure Caesar, the straw hat crew remaining on dressarosa have been there longer then expected because of how luffy decided to just beat the crap out of Doffy.

How much time passed between Punk Hazard and Dressrosa, though? Even in One Piece is takes time to get from place to place. Not a lot of time, but some time.

Dugna

How much time passed between Punk Hazard and Dressrosa, though? Even in One Piece is takes time to get from place to place. Not a lot of time, but some time.

Then how did Big Mom end up at dressarosa? I'm pretty sure she ended up there because of what she saw at punk hazard, unless the reason stated just totally passed by me.

Nope. Spoilers and TOC has dried up the past few months after Jump pushed their deliveries back a day or so.
One possible one might have just shown up. Looks like Oda's style.

Pic of Doffy's Glasses broken showing his eye.

Edit: Awwwww darn it. Looks like it's fake. Damn what a good fake it is. Props to whoever made it. Real spoilers should probably be out in a few hours now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm so behind, is the flamingo arc over and is there any new crew member?

Real spoilers out now. Seems like a snore fest to me. Break next week :/
redon_AP

- Chapter 789: "Lucy!!"
- Violet try to fight with Doflamingo but he uses his powers and makes Violet fight with Rebecca.
- Luffy will can fight in 10 seconds, a massive countdown starts in all Dressrosa.
- Gatz encourages people to stop Doflamingo, he pierces Gatz's stomach.
- When Rebecca is about to kill Violet, Law uses Shambless and change Violet with Luffy.
- Rebecca: "Lucy!!".

No chapter next week.
Shanks is on the cover page.

Rebecca should just stay out of the way. She's useless. At least Luffy is back. This Arc is dragging on way to long now.

Dartastic

No chapter next week? Come the fuck on. This arc needs to enddddddd. Does anyone have a list of how long each arc has taken from start to finish?

I wanna get off Mr. Oda's Wild Ride
aight fuck this time for a re-read. I'll check back in in a month or two when Luffy and Doflamingo are ready to finish things

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I can't believe this arc might just reach 100 chapters. It's already the longest arc yet with 90 chapters (previous record was Skypeia's 66) and we are only 4 chapters away from this being the longest story saga yet (current record is Water 7's saga of Davy Back + Water 7 + Enies Lobby at 139 chapters). So it's not too surprising that this arc is starting to get the same common complaints Skypeia gets.

Dressrosa is where I gave up any last remaining hope Oda would do something halfway decent involving female characters.

OP has never been in a position where getting worse at it was an acceptable option, yet here we are.

Nibel

...I don't know man.

Like I get that DoFla is a huge deal in the One Piece world, but this arc feels more and more like old bubblegum. The last panel of Luffy is nice, but yeah, of course Oda has to make him rescue another damsel in distress. It's kinda lame at this point, and I still think the whole Viola/Rebecca thing was totally unnecessary.

And who knows if it will end next chapter? This seems to be forever. :<

Nightbird

You know whats the worst thing?

It might not be over after DoFla is down. There's a Chance that they will need to head out to rescue the rest of the Crew from Big mom.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
You know whats the worst thing?

It might not be over after DoFla is down. There's a Chance that they will need to head out to rescue the rest of the Crew from Big mom.

Well of course they have to address the Sanji situation...and everything resulting from the Dressora battle. Taking out DoFla doesnt magically solves all issues they have with the Marine, Yonkous and Co.

The battle interactions between DoFla and Luffy were fine its just that everything around it slowed down the momentum.

...I don't know man.

Like I get that DoFla is a huge deal in the One Piece world, but this arc feels more and more like old bubblegum. The last panel of Luffy is nice, but yeah, of course Oda has to make him rescue another damsel in distress. It's kinda lame at this point, and I still think the whole Viola/Rebecca thing was totally unnecessary.

And who knows if it will end next chapter? This seems to be forever. :<

Oda's absolute trash at female characters.

He was never good at that whole thing, but I'm starting to feel he's getting progressively (and rapidly) worse at it.

Nibel

Oda's absolute trash at female characters.

He was never good at that whole thing, but I'm starting to feel he's getting progressively (and rapidly) worse at it.

Yeah; I mean I don't have a problem if any artist uses tropes and shit, but he does this so fucking often. Rebecca was introduced as a warrior and you see almost none of it; everybody is relying too much on Luffy. If he would have cut the Viola/Rebecca bit it would have been a better chapter. Because he seems unable to create a good scene with those two which is quite a shame.

It's really weird since he nails so many other things so unbelievably perfect.

a9Jz8Dz.png

dafuq

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I really hope we get word that after the break its a double sized chapter or colored or something to indicate that this fight is wrapping up.

Nightbird

Well of course they have to address the Sanji situation...and everything resulting from the Dressora battle. Taking out DoFla doesnt magically solves all issues they have with the Marine, Yonkous and Co.

The battle interactions between DoFla and Luffy were fine its just that everything around it slowed down the momentum.

That's exactly the problem I have. Oda might have built up a bit too much here. Ever since they arrived in the new World up to today, everything had to do with Doflamingo. And by the looks of it the Aftermath of beating him might also be a bit long. I just want a Break from all this. Just like they went to Skypia after beating Crocodile. This is what frustrates me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh look, no chapter next week. Called it.

I don't see why people are complaining about Rebecca. Even through the shitty translation I could see that Doffy was controlling her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom