• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I wonder if Machvise will be the one Burgess steals a devil fruit from. He's the only one who's devil fruit hasn't been named or fully explained, plus there is the whole tanoki tail mystery. Something is being set up there for later.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Make a fucking "One Piece Spoilers" thread if you're all gonna post un-spoiler-marked reactions to this shit every week. Otherwise kindly tag 100% of spoiler discussion/response until the chapter is released.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Which spoilers are you guys talking about ?

Hope we get to see Sanji and Co. asap.

Jigolo

Sorry guys my bad. My post was pretty spoilery based on my previous posts in this thread. Will edit it out.

Sabo was awesome and wreck burgess rather easy it seems.
Also Fuji has fuck over the WG very good this chapter .
There is no way they can cover up what happen here .

RagnarokX

Wait, so they actually let the news out that Luffy and Law took down Doflamingo and the truth about Doflamingo? Wow. I thought they'd try to cover it up like Crocodile, but the marines on site saw fit to spread the news asap.

Nibel

Wait, so they actually let the news out that Luffy and Law took down Doflamingo and the truth about Doflamingo? Wow. I thought they'd try to cover it up like Crocodile, but the marines on site saw fit to spread the news asap.

Kaido not gonna be happy about this

RagnarokX

Kaido not gonna be happy about this

World Government not gonna be happy about this. Fujitora's probably gonna need a new job.

Wonder what they'll do with Doflamingo. The Celestial Dragons wanted him dead because he had some kind of secret they didn't want the world to find out. They'll probably be happy to have him at their mercy.

This was fuji plan all along and why he was so hands off this arc when it comes to doing stuff.

I think
Fujitora's attitude is what gets the Marines to split from the world government entirely and become, in essence, their own state

ffdgh

Mad Sabo is best Sabo.

So basically, Fujitora activated his trap card. No way for there to be a cover up this time lol.

Edit: Just realized baby 5 is the only member of the family to escape getting arrested/seriously hurt. Nice....

Anteater

Good to see Burgess getting wrecked.

I wonder if we'll get to see more of doffy. I wonder if Fujitora has any plans for him since it doesn't seem like he's handing him to the government yet.

Nightbird

It's funny, during the whole Arc Fujitora seemed like he was useless, but that one Chapter completely redeemed him.

I like him again

360pages

This chapter was pretty good despite not being super action oriented. Plus the World Government can't hide it, they were useless and Luffy and Law saved the day.

dabig2

This chapter was pretty good despite not being super action oriented. Plus the World Government can't hide it, they were useless and Luffy and Law saved the day.

Yeah, save the day from one of their boys. They even gave him CP0 and I wonder if people are going to talk about his Celestial history too. Like who all knows that? He was talking kinda freely about it so I guessed a few know it and wouldn't really keep it hidden. It's just further government hypocrisy revealed aka jackpot for the Revolutionaries, who are now starting to make a presence...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It's funny, during the whole Arc Fujitora seemed like he was useless, but that one Chapter completely redeemed him.

I like him again
This is only tangentially related, but aside from Akainu I love how all the admirals are total unassuming oddballs until they actually do something.

Makes me wonder what Ryokugyu will be like.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm gonna make some time to read Dressrosa, perhaps all of One Piece post timeskip, because I really haven't felt any of these arcs as much as I feel I should have.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm gonna make some time to read Dressrosa, perhaps all of One Piece post timeskip, because I really haven't felt any of these arcs as much as I feel I should have.
One Piece is best read in large batches.

Frog-fu

Banned
One Piece is best read in large batches.

I'd say that goes for all manga.

I'll probably come around to reading it all again at some point. I do want to watch the Thriller Bark anime adaptation first though. I will never come to exact terms with how much I love that damn arc. It's easily top 5 if not my outright favourite.

aechris

I'd say that goes for all manga.

I'll probably come around to reading it all again at some point. I do want to watch the Thriller Bark anime adaptation first though. I will never come to exact terms with how much I love that damn arc. It's easily top 5 if not my outright favourite.

You're going to want to skip it in the anime then, ha. It's painfully slow.

So is that going to be a recurring theme or is that just the translation I read? Sao said he doesn't care, but Ace won't forgive you" as if the fruit has Ace's spirit/will attached to it.

Sabo joins the crew confirmed! How is he going to have no more regrets unless he's always around Luffy.

dan2026

I feel like One Piece is just getting painfully slow these days.

A lot of Dressrosa could of been trimmed and was pretty extraneous.

Yep, that was pretty clearly Fujitora's intention the whole time. He probanly could've stopped Doflamingo himself, or with the marines he had on hand, but he was purposefully making the job harder because he was playing the long game and aiming for a higher goal.

It'll be interesting to see what Ryokugyu is like, given that he was also an outsider taken into the Navy as part of the post marineford draft. I mean, part of me feels like he meet be more on Akainu's side just to balance out the marine power factions, but another thinks that if that were the case, wouldn't he have been a Marine from the start?

Next week is the week we've all been waiting for...

Sabo was good, Fujitora was great. Wonder if the WG will punish him? Maybe they;ll focus their ire on Doflamingo.

Either way, it seems like a major shift in WG support is about to happen, maybe even the trigger for the "Great War" between the WG and the rest of the world.

This chapter proves that the marines can exist without the WG and has been a running theme with many characters (Smoker, Aokiji etc.)

Wonder what side BB and his crew would be on, seeing as it seems both Luffy and the Revolutionaries would be against the WG.

Kain

After Aokiji (who I think is with the Revolutionaries) Fujitora is the coolest Admiral so far. Fuck Akainu and Kizaru, such scumbags.

Now we just need to wait for Sanji and his girlfriend Big Mom to come home xD

SolVanderlyn

Watch the next arc be a tangential story to Dressrosa, where Sanji, Nami, Brooke, Chopper and newfound allies wreck Big Mom. Sanji's bounty is increased and they meet Luffy and co. at Zo for serious shit to go down.

I'm a huge Sanji fanboy, so I really want him to do something besides be ridiculously thirsty all the time post timeskip. Let the third member of the monster trio shine.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Issho is the man. I hope we see much more of him in the future.

Sabo won't fall for your childish tricks Burgess.
I love how Koala is basically the "Nami" of their group. Trying to keep Sabo in line but it's always a futile task.

Also, people shouldn't call this a "nothing" chapter. The Transponder Snail transmissions of Dressrosa will have MAJOR consequences.

Lunar15

It's funny, after Aokiji left, I kind of assumed the marines would get worse, but this makes it seem as though they're getting better. I know the idea is that Fujitora is an outsider and is therefore different, but it is a little weird, thematically speaking. Interested to see what Oda does with it.

As for this chapter, I think it has pretty big ramifications, but I'm curious as to when we'll see the fallout of that. I still personally think that we're moving towards Revarie, and this will be a good time for them to talk about the role and necessity of the Sichibukai moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom