• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It'd be cool if Burgess was dead, but we know that isn't the case. Just embarrassed.

However, his knife seems to affect Devil Fruit users, (unless it was just invisible haki coated) which is pretty cool.

Yo Luffy's bounty is going to skyrocket again

Yep. Wonder about the other strawhats though. I could see Zoro getting a big increase, and maybe Usopp finally getting a bounty with his own name, but I'm not really sure about the rest. I guess Franky beat Pink, so he might get an increase as well

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fujitora was pretty genre savvy. He realized that this arc was an Alabasta repeat and plotted to ensure the government couldn't cover Dressrosa up too. That's probably what he was talking about to Sabo during their fight and why they stopped fighting.

Of course, Fujitora is now obligated to capture Luffy and the other pirates. We didn't see them this chapter but I doubt they were smart enough to get out asap (plus we know how much One Piece loves long goodbyes). Hopefully the dwarves snuck them out to Green Bit, though I'm not sure how you sneak out a giant.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I want the arc to end then they cut back to Sanji's story. We get some dialog with the speakers off-panel, then end the chapter with a full-page shot where Sanji is sitting in Big Mom's throne room, the other straw hats flanking him, Big Mom wrecked in a corner somewhere, and all of her minions at his feet with the biggest DO-DO-DON ever.

Then "how we got here" is told as a flashback as a mini-arc.

I want the arc to end then they cut back to Sanji's story. We get some dialog with the speakers off-panel, then end the chapter with a full-page shot where Sanji is sitting in Big Mom's throne room, the other straw hats flanking him, Big Mom wrecked in a corner somewhere, and all of her minions at his feet with the biggest DO-DO-DON ever.

Then "how we got here" is told as a flashback as a mini-arc.

I honestly don't think Sanji and his group actually fought Big Mom or her crew. My impression when they left is that Sanji was just planning to send some cannon fire or something along those lines to draw their attention and lead them away from Dressrosa. It never seemed like Sanji was actually planning to put up a full on battle with them

Also, Sanji is never, ever going to beat a Yonkou. Hell, I don't think Luffy will beat a Yonkou in a solo fight until Blackbeard or Shanks.

This is the chapter we should of got last week, that first panel... oh well.

Fujitora slightly redeemed in my eyes, good shit.

Burgess with those shots, ice cold. It's clear he thinks about Ace's death everyday, and has had so much regret of not being at Marineford, I still want to know why he wasn't there.

Sanji next please. Let him be the focus regarding Big Mom.

Taborcarn

Sanji couldn't defeat Big Mom in a fight anyways, since he'll never attack a woman (And we've already seen evidence that this applies to ugly women as well)

True. He still has all these secret Newkama recipes learned during the timeskip, so we need to see him bust some of those skills out. Or was that only in the anime filler?

Burgess with those shots, ice cold. It's clear he thinks about Ace's death everyday, and has had so much regret of not being at Marineford, I still want to know why he wasn't there.

I think it's a combination of their childhood vows to live their own lives and have their own adventures, and (over)confidence in Whitebeard's ability to rescue him.

True. He still has all these secret Newkama recipes learned during the timeskip, so we need to see him bust some of those skills out. Or was that only in the anime filler?

I think it's a combination of their childhood vows to live their own lives and have their own adventures, and (over)confidence in Whitebeard's ability to rescue him.

Newkama recipes are canon, and we actually have seen Sanji use one at the end of punk hazard

pelicansurf

That's probably a good one too. Maybe instead of the Sanji-on-throne, we just get Sanji happily setting the table for her crew and they're all buddies.

It would only be happily if there are some hot girls. If not, it would be more begrudgingly.

Awesome seeing Sabo take down Jesus Burgess. Sabo is the best. Interested to see what the Revolutionaries do next. I imagine now that we know Sabo is alive and working for them, we'll start to find out more about the army and possibly Dragon.

Fujitora seems like a genuinely good guy too. Does he even know how corrupt the WG really is?

Next chapter I hope Strawhats go back to the Sunny and shit really does hit the fan.

edit: I'm stupid, Fujitora obviously knows and that's why he did that lol

I've been looking at this image... (if it counts as a scan I'll take it down)

dsbm1kV.png

I hope Oda makes those new, nameless characters important down the line. Their designs are really cool and they obviously rank highly in Shanks' crew due to standing in the front row like that. Also notice how they number nine, the same number as Luffy's crew.

And on that note, the prospect of Usopp meeting Yasopp (and Yasopp getting any real development at all) is way more exciting than Luffy reuniting with Shanks.

Guy on the far right looks a lot like Barty

COINCIDENCE???????

probably

You mean Dressrosa Bart? Because I thought it looked like Jean Bart, the slave captain Law and the crew picked up.

yeah Bartolomeo

Spiky teeth and eyebrow ridges. I can see some resemblance to the other guy too though.

I wonder what's going to happen to Cavendish and Bartolomeo now though. I hope Oda keeps them around, I like them. Maybe the Strawhats will go to Rommel at some point.

yeah Bartolomeo

Spiky teeth and eyebrow ridges. I can see some resemblance to the other guy too though.

I wonder what's going to happen to Cavendish and Bartolomeo now though. I hope Oda keeps them around, I like them. Maybe the Strawhats will go to Rommel at some point.

It feels like all the other major pirates in the new world have a fleet of ships. I've been assuming that more than a few people we met in this arc are going to join the strawhat fleet, or help start one. Some of these characters are too good to just forget but then it's going to take some creative writing to not have every single arc after this take forever because we have to touch on all of the new side characters.

Grexeno

It feels like all the other major pirates in the new world have a fleet of ships. I've been assuming that more than a few people we met in this arc are going to join the strawhat fleet, or help start one. Some of these characters are too good to just forget but then it's going to take some creative writing to not have every single arc after this take forever because we have to touch on all of the new side characters.
It's really quite simple. Luffy probably doesn't want anything to do with having a fleet following him around.

It's really quite simple. Luffy probably doesn't want anything to do with having a fleet following him around.

that probably won't stop some from doing it anyway though. Luffy didn't want any of the gladiators following him either but they just did it lol.

Luffy might not want it now, but it would come in handy when he fights Blackbeards fleet.

I imagine we'll see some of the more important side characters again, namely Bartolomeo, Cavendish, and possibly Chinjao.

MCD

Good thing Sabo isn't weak sauce or else that petty taunt would have killed him just like dumb ass Ace.

Grexeno

I don't think they will. Now that Doffy is out as well, it looks like Fuj's goal of getting rid of the Warlords could happen. Shame as Buggy just signed up.
It certainly won't happen immediately though. And remember there's still a Warlord we haven't seen.

smurfx

get some go again
I don't think they will. Now that Doffy is out as well, it looks like Fuj's goal of getting rid of the Warlords could happen. Shame as Buggy just signed up.
fujitora came to the island to revoke law's status as a shichibukai. anyway law only joined because he was making a plan to take down doflamingo.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think this made me hate Sabo more than anything. Why did Burgess have to look like such a chump? :/

Wait what ? Sabo is Top Tier and fights on Admiral level of course someone like Burgess is nothing to him. Ace alone was enough to take out the whole BB Pirates with the exception of Teach...sure the core BB members will have improved over the years as well, but you cant close this kind of gap.

Just shows that BB and Co. still overestimate themselves if he thought he could send someone like Burgess and obtain Aces fruit.

smurfx

get some go again
burgess is going to end up with a top tier fruit and that will put him back in contention.

Wait what ? Sabo is Top Tier and fights on Admiral level of course someone like Burgess is nothing to him. Ace alone was enough to take out the whole BB Pirates with the exception of Teach...sure the core BB members will have improved over the years as well, but you cant close this kind of gap.

Just shows that BB and Co. still overestimate themselves if he thought he could send someone like Burgess and obtain Aces fruit.
BB probably thought burgess could take down diamante and hell i believe so too. don't think he ever thought the revolutionary's army number 2 or luffy would be there.

Chariot

Fujitora was pretty genre savvy. He realized that this arc was an Alabasta repeat and plotted to ensure the government couldn't cover Dressrosa up too. That's probably what he was talking about to Sabo during their fight and why they stopped fighting.

Of course, Fujitora is now obligated to capture Luffy and the other pirates. We didn't see them this chapter but I doubt they were smart enough to get out asap (plus we know how much One Piece loves long goodbyes). Hopefully the dwarves snuck them out to Green Bit, though I'm not sure how you sneak out a giant.
He still can pull something whacky like announcing loudly: "I was searching for thes strawhats, but it appears that I didn't see any of them!"

pelicansurf

He still can pull something whacky like announcing loudly: "I was searching for thes strawhats, but it appears that I didn't see any of them!"

This could happen, but the apology and all that other stuff going on almost indicates that they know where Luffy was/is, that they allowed it, etc.

I mean, it could just happen like it always does, but I'd like to see repercussions!

Law and Luffy's bounty are going to skyrocket.

I think Fujitora will make the case for the abolishment of the Shichibukai, and Akainu and Kizaru will listen since they don't seem to be too fond of it either. Which means Law's bounty will go up way higher, and Hancock will no longer have anything holding her back on supporting Luffy. Doflamingo and Law are out.

I also didn't expect for Sabo to beat Burgess off screen (which is lame) so I guess he is stronger then I thought.

Grexeno

Law and Luffy's bounty are going to skyrocket.

I think Fujitora will make the case for the abolishment of the Shichibukai, and Akainu and Kizaru will listen since they don't seem to be too fond of it either. Which means Law's bounty will go up way higher, and Hancock will no longer have anything holding her back on supporting Luffy.

I also didn't expect for Sabo to beat Burgess off screen (which is lame) so I guess he is stronger then I thought.
Remember that the World Government has authority over the Warlords, not the Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom