• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZerker12

Reading these comments makes me want to see the chapter even more. Although Mangapandas translations can leave a lot to be desired, does anyone know when they release their translations.

Qurupeke

What a chapter. Things are already stirring up. I hope the next arc is going to be Kaido. Also, it's finally confirmed that Kuzan went to Blackbeard. I can't wait to see more of this.

KageZero

Huh i didn't know that kuzan was working for bb. That's a major thing also nice to see akainu stepping up against the wg a bit.

Nightbird

Damn, so it's confirmed now that Kid is out for Shanks Head, and right now the whole world is basically after Law/Luffy.

Do you guys think Zorro can fight Fujitora by himself?

Spinx

Of course Kid's alliance had to go after the only decent Yonko. I hope he loses his other arm.
KuGsj.gif

No. Fujitora was playing with Sabo, Zoro is nothing to him.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Huh i didn't know that kuzan was working for bb. That's a major thing also nice to see akainu stepping up against the wg a bit.

Well ...it wasnt mention before this chapter. So at this point we will just have to wait until he betrays BB.
Damn, so it's confirmed now that Kid is out for Shanks Head, and right now the whole world is basically after Law/Luffy.

Sure...but i dont think he would win at this point.

Of course Kid's alliance had to go after the only decent Yonko. I hope he loses his other arm.
KuGsj.gif

No. Fujitora was playing with Sabo, Zoro is nothing to him.

Kidd is fucked if he goes after Shanks.

And no - Zoro isnt nothing to him and Fuji wasnt playing with Sabo...they were both on the same level with him looking a bit better near the end.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nah, i wasn't expecting him to win, but rather to hold him off until they can escape.

Yeah thats what im expecting as well....Zoro should be able to hold him off for a bit. This clash might be the motivation he needs to improve further in the next Arc...so far hasnt been tested.

Kater

Banned
Fujitora handing over Luffy and Law to Akainu? That's "what he wanted to hear"?

He is so vague about his plans.

Great build-up chapter but damn, the wait for the next few chapters will be hard.

Kornflayx

Great chapter, but please don't try to build any theories on this godawful translation. This is a chapter where the official Viz release is the best way to go (I mean it's always the best way, but here especially)

Lol, he actually drew Killer eating noodles through his mask. I remember back in an SBS ages ago, someone asked if Killer wore his mask while eating too and what he ate, and Oda responded with a quick drawing of Killer eating noodles. And here it is, sticking with it, haha.

Nibel

50% of me during reading the chapter: "DEAR LORD WHAT WHAT"

Other 50% of me during reading the chapter: "This translation is messed up"

Raonak

Banned
That's some messed up translation, but goddamn what a fantastic chapter.
Great to see the supernovas again, XDrake is with kaido. interesting....
If kaido's underworld broker is indeed lucci, then I think all the CP9 zoans are with kaido, but are secretly allied with Xdrake to take kaido down. Them all being ex marine and all.

and the cigar suit guy is with big mom, which is interesting. He talks about ceasar.
I get the feeling sanji and co have somehow become friendly with big mom (the most hilarious way would be if sanji got on her good side with his cooking)

Kid allience with shanks. He's gonna get so fucking REKT. strawhats and kid pirates are bound to fight eventually, so this is a good catalyst.

Fujitora is awesome.

Oda is so fucking good at this type of worldbuilding.

That was an amazing chapter.

Akainu is scarred up, more than I thought he would be. Fujitora continues being one of the more interesting characters through his philosophy. Isshou feels less bound by the World Government and cares little of keeping face. It's such a contrast to Sakazuchi's absolute control over the image of the Marine's being a powerful and justice keeping force. Seeing the ripples of Doflamingo's fall slowly ebb out and effect the nation's tied to him is fascinating. We now know that Kidd's alliance is targeting Shanks which must be a fairly risk move unless something has happened to him in the last 2 years.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Holy fuck this translation is terrible. Gonna wait for the better one before I give my thoughts.
Though I think the ending implies that there's going to be a big fight between Sakazuki and Issho. Much like his fight with Kuzan.

Harmen

Sooo, this translation did not make a lot of sense at times.

And I am very glad Fujitora is finally showing some reason and passion. The way he acted made no sense at times, but thankfully that was his actual plan. Do we think Fujitora is actually going after Luffy/Law? (if the case, the revolutionaries can help out to create an opening for escape). Or will he be another Admiral that chooses to confront Sakazuki? (or both?).

I'm surprised noone here is bringing up Capone, since he seems to actually be a third member of the Law Strawhat alliance. Granted the translation is pretty shit. It's worth noting on that front that according to spoiler provider and translator Aohige from APF that Capone referred to Luffy and Law as "Nakama" in Japanese

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm surprised noone here is bringing up Capone, since he seems to actually be a third member of the Law Strawhat alliance. Granted the translation is pretty shit. It's worth noting on that front that according to spoiler provider and translator Aohige from APF that Capone referred to Luffy and Law as "Nakama" in Japanese

Really, well that changes a lot.

Lunar15

I think he might be referring to Luffy and Law as nakama in that they're all supernovas. Or because he captured Ceasar? Not sure.

Also, I expected Kaido would be fedual japanese themed. Lines up with Wano.

Really, well that changes a lot.

If you look at the panel where he appears he's also on Big Mom's ship. He also mentions bringing Caesar back, but the translation out kind of shits that up. That said, there is also the possibility he's on Big Mom's side and is talking to Sanji, and he was saying "your Nakama" rather than "My Nakama"

Harmen

I think that was more in the sense of being a fellow pirate of the 11 supernova's. But who knows.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

The translation is shit

Could be referring to the worst generation

Lunar15

He mentions Caesar, and if you look closely he's on Big Mom's ship, so that seems unlikely.

To be honest, between the awful translation and the fact that the site can't load for shit, I honestly couldn't tell anything that was going on. It's so bad that it might be enough to make me never go back there and use the other guys.

Nibel

One of the best chapters and one of the worst translations. If it wasn't for Oda's brilliant pacing and panels I wouldn't know what's going on. I know MP tries to be fast but this is just ridiculous; makes me anticipate and appreciate official translations way more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom