• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffdgh

Alright the other translation is out so that sorts a few issues out.

So...who exactly is above the 5 old guys? The celestial dragons?

Seems like fujitora is done with the navy.

I love that Bonney simply appears to be drifting around the New World stealing pizza whilst the rest of the Worst Generation are allying/opposing the Yonko.

Lunar15

Sakazuki is saying that CP-0 acted out of the command of the celestial dragons, not the Gorosei. Even they were bypassed.

Also, are we able to infer who Tsuru was meeting with? An inspector? Someone eating crackers?

Kreed

One Piece 793:

Seeing Smoker still trying to improve the marines/succeeding through talking to Fujitora was nice. It would be great if by the end of the series Fujitora ends up becoming the Fleet Admiral. I almost forgot CP0 was on the island. I wonder if they and Fujitora will make a move together against the Straw Hats and Law or if CP0 will leave now that Doflamingo was dealt with.

All the reactions/updates on different characters was nice of course. I'm glad to see Bonney got out of custody too (I was disappointed originally how the only female rookie captain got captured), although it would have been nice to see how she did it.

Seeing all these rookies/groups in alliances now, I guess the Law and Luffy alliance is going to last a while longer or at least until Kaidou is dealt with.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's better.
Yeah, it's likely the one above the Five Elder Stars are the Celestial Dragons.
Seeing Sakazuki call them out was great though.
We got a Supernova update! Bonney is going around the New World stealing pizza thanks to her age powers. Urouge is up in the sky getting a mysterious visitor. Capone seems to be part of Big Mom's crew now (or if Aohige's translation is correct, an ally of the Straw Hats & Law). The Kid/Hawkins/Apoo alliance is going after Shanks (and Killer is able to slurp noodles through his mask). Drake is still serving Kaido, and we got a peek of his location.

The last scene makes more sense too. It sounds like Issho will quit the Marines too. This whole arc will tear the world apart.

CP0's left the island before the Bird Cage went up. Otherwise we would have seen them fighting.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Maybe the one "above" the gorosei is whoever that guy in the hat that Doflamingo was talking to about killing Moria. Maybe he's some celestial dragon official or leader.

Lunar15

I think you guys are reading a bit too much into the "above the gorosei" line. Sakazuki is just saying that the Gorosei are as much of a face as the Navy is in relation to the Celestial Dragons. It's an insult. They're discussing the incident where Doflamingo fooled everyone by saying he stepped down whereas in reality he never did. Sakazuki is frustrated because he got played, but when the Gorosei tell him to watch his tounge, he insults them by saying even they didn't know what was going on.

I'm guessing their must be a council for the Celestial Dragons with a possible leader.

Also, I don't see Fujitora quitting the Marines. He wants to change the world government from the inside.

Nibel

I think Drake being part of Kaidou's group was just a fan theory before, right? Glad to see the hints Oda dropped were true. It's crazy how often Kaidou's name drops and we still haven't seen anything of him or his reaction to this.

Kuzan being part of Blackbeard's group was a shocker to me; I didn't know about it or at least do not remember something like this being teased, you guys seem better with that. And now Fujitora seems to leave the Marine as well, dude has balls of steel.

So, what is Capone's role? Is he part of Law's alliance?

Grexeno

I'm wondering who showed up to see Urogue.

I think Drake being part of Kaidou's group was just a fan theory before, right? Glad to see the hints Oda dropped were true. It's crazy how often Kaidou's name drops and we still haven't seen anything of him or his reaction to this.

Drake joining up with Kaido was outright confirmed at the end of Caribou's cover-story.

Also, it looks like Capone is just after Caesar. I don't think he's part of the Luffy-Law alliance.

Harmen

That's better.
Yeah, it's likely the one above the Five Elder Stars are the Celestial Dragons.
Seeing Sakazuki call them out was great though.
We got a Supernova update! Bonney is going around the New World stealing pizza thanks to her age powers. Urouge is up in the sky getting a mysterious visitor. Capone seems to be part of Big Mom's crew now (or if Aohige's translation is correct, an ally of the Straw Hats & Law). The Kid/Hawkins/Apoo alliance is going after Shanks (and Killer is able to slurp noodles through his mask). Drake is still serving Kaido, and we got a peek of his location.

The last scene makes more sense too. It sounds like Issho will quit the Marines too. This whole arc will tear the world apart.

CP0's left the island before the Bird Cage went up. Otherwise we would have seen them fighting.

Yeah, which is also why Oda made the Gorosei stress that the Navy is just the frontline of the Governent I think. The navy has lost Kuzan, Garp, Sengoku and Fujitora on top of a part of their (or now all?) warlords. Which makes it seem there is quite the power imbalance, with factions like the revolutionaries, emperors, supernovas etc. all opposing them.

Also, I think we have yet to see the prominent/powerful celestial dragons. With this much power, they are bound to have figures amongst them that aren't as useless as those shown so far.

There's that and the flag we see in the panel before is Big Mom's flag

Ah, yes, the flag makes it absolutely clear.

Kuzan being part of Blackbeard's group was a shocker to me; I didn't know about it or at least might not remember something like this being teased, you guys seem better with that. And now Fujitora seems to leave the Marine as well, dude has balls of steel.

Capone is apparently with Big Mom.

The wild card is Jewelery Bonney. Maybe she does join the strawhats later...

So reading the MS translation, when Akainu says "So am I to believe that it was a direct order from people above all of you", to me it seemed more sarcastic and accusatory than an indication that there are actually people above the Gorosei. It seemed like he was saying that as they're the highest power in the WG, the order could only have come from them, unless there was some secret power even higher than them He was basically pointing out they had to be the ones who went along with Doflamingo's plan

Grexeno

Didn't Bonney was captured by the Marines? Can't remember who...
At least now we know what her powers are --- aging.
She got captured by Blackbeard, and then got taken in by Akainu. And then she escaped offscreen and has been doing her own thing since the timeskip.

Lunar15

As stretched out as Dressrosa was I still find One Piece's conclusions massively rewarding.

Oda never disappoints in this regard.

The final page of this chapter is so incredibly badass. Fujitora is on fucking fire. "If our credibility was compromised by the admission a single mistake, then it never existed in the first place."

Kreed

I didn't get Fujitora quitting from that scene. Plus there's nothing stopping Fujitora from going after Luffy and Law right now so he would still be following Akainu's orders (these arcs usually end with Luffy running from someone anyway).

And was there a scene indicating CP0 left the island or is that just a guess? CP0 suddenly showing up would definitely be something Oda would do (with or without an explanation on how they avoided Bird Cage).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I didn't get Fujitora quitting from that scene. Plus there's nothing stopping Fujitora from going after Luffy and Law right now so he would still be following Akainu's orders (these arcs usually end with Luffy running from someone anyway).

And was there a scene indicating CP0 left the island or is that just a guess? CP0 suddenly showing up would definitely be something Oda would do (with or without an explanation on how they avoided Bird Cage).

Just a guess.
Significant time passed between Robin seeing them walking in the street and the Bird Cage going up. It's very likely they left.

So reading the MS translation, when Akainu says "So am I to believe that it was a direct order from people above all of you", to me it seemed more sarcastic and accusatory than an indication that there are actually people above the Gorosei. It seemed like he was saying that as they're the highest power in the WG, the order could only have come from them, unless there was some secret power even higher than them He was basically pointing out they had to be the ones who went along with Doflamingo's plan

Got it. Thanks for pointing that out!

No, it makes a lot more sense with your interpretation. And there are only so many power level tiers I can take in this series lol.

Ok, just wanted to make sure it was clear since I'd been bringing up a bunch of stuff from Aohige's translation, and thought maybe someone might've missed that it wasn't me who did them

Grexeno

Well, Akainu made it quite clear that simply trying to get Law and Luffy was not acceptable. He has to succeed.

360pages

I didn't like this arc, but damn I actually like where this is going. For once Akainu is in a tight situation and the world will actually know what the Strawhats did.

Well, Akainu made it quite clear that simply trying to get Law and Luffy was not acceptable. He has to succeed.

I don't even think that matter since i don't think he has the power to fire him.
In this chapter Akainu got told off by the gorosei and then a admiral not a good day for him lol .

Yes? We had a whole arc about multiple Pirates escaping.

Not from The Red Dog they didn't. I don't think she would have gotten away. It's much more interesting if they set her free for some reason. We don't have much reason to believe either though.

Kreed

If you mean during the war he had no choice since shanks was there and it was fleet admiral orders .
Plus he was more concern about luffy than anyone else.

I mean the Marines/the World Government system for handling criminals in general, not Akainu directly.

Not from The Red Dog they didn't. I don't think she would have gotten away. It's much more interesting if they set her free for some reason. We don't have much reason to believe either though.

If Akainu was personally watching over her I'd agree with you. But all the marines/prison? Her powers make it very easy for her to fool people. She'd just have to turn 5 and someone would probably let her free thinking they captured a child by mistake.

Oh snap, Fujitora! Pretty awesome chapter, learning all bout the effect Doffy's beat down from Luffy and Law in the whole world. Akainu looks better with the beard and always funny to see Den Den mushis having the same face as their callers. Why are the other worst gen alliance going after Shanks? Also, why does Doffy go under the name Joker, now that I think about it.

Oh snap, Fujitora! Pretty awesome chapter, learning all bout the effect Doffy's beat down from Luffy and Law in the whole world. Akainu looks better with the beard and always funny to see Den Den mushis having the same face as their callers. Why are the other worst gen alliance going after Shanks? Also, why does Doffy go under the name Joker, now that I think about it.

It's his underground black market name. He's a funny guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom