• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

inb4 it's lucci's long lost dad that also happens to have a scar in the shape of the world government's logo and is the leader of CP0

lmao Toei

Probably to make it look less like Lucci, who it obviously is. CP9 will be relevant later, I fully believe that.

In that same scene you can see Pekoms and Tamago about to call Big Mom, so she's probably very upset at Doflamingo and Luffy and that's why she showed up at Dressrosa

Y'know I can actually see where they got the moustache from.

uz48M7b.png

But this is him again, with the alcohol.

564935-15.png

It's Lucci.

tumblr_nlkexq46Oc1tmqo5mo1_500.jpg

Y'know I can actually see where they got the moustache from.

uz48M7b.png

But this is him again, with the alcohol.

564935-15.png

It's Lucci.

tumblr_nlkexq46Oc1tmqo5mo1_500.jpg

it's totally him

I actually did not see this coming. I'm legit surprised, but that definitely does seem like it could be Lucci. Never even crossed my mind.

looks like i noticed something useful for once

I dunno guys.

564935-15.png

That little point on the right side of his face kinda does look like a moustache.

it looks like part of his hair to me

plus lucci could have grown a moustache

RomanceDawn

I've been certain it was Lucci since the first shadow was seen.

I can't imagine they'll fight either. At least not a full on round 2 as we could imagine it. One Piece almost never works that way. I suppose the closest we got was Buggy in Logue Town and Smoker in Punk Hazard. Even then circumstances wouldn't even allow a true rematch. I am almost certain the same will be true for CP9.

Oda is very good about treading over old territory with familiar villains. Sure we'll see Eneru again but what ever happens with him will be much more complex than him simply returning more powerful than ever to get his revenge in a 20 chapter fight.

I'm not saying the Straw Hats will not fight a reformed CP9 or God Eneru but defeating them as some sort of end goal to an arc will not happen again in this story, I can just about guarantee that.

If it is indeed Lucci, I really hope he's still fighting for "justice"/world government/marines.

Reminds me of that old cover story of what happened to CP9 after the events on Enies Lobby. They got wanted by the World Government or some such, didn't they? And the last we saw of them was them on an island. Was the more context to it? Sure, they failed, but they're still extremely strong and could still be of immense use to the WG.

Chariot

If it is indeed Lucci, I really hope he's still fighting for "justice"/world government/marines.

Reminds me of that old cover story of what happened to CP9 after the events on Enies Lobby. They got wanted by the World Government or some such, didn't they? And the last we saw of them was them on an island. Was the more context to it? Sure, they failed, but they're still extremely strong and could still be of immense use to the WG.
Yeah, WG is a the point where they just should take what they can get to stay relevant.

Grexeno

Not likely. Spandam put all the blame for the Enies Lobby disaster on them, and sicked the World Government on both them and the CP9 training facility. Now they're after Spandam's head.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont really think that we have time for these sort of rematches in OP anyway...things move very fast in the world and finishing one foe means that they are 2 even more dangerous already waiting.

Whoever got bodied by Luffy and Co. 2 years ago wont stand a change against him after Rayleigh trained him anyway. Still looking forward to see Lucci....i have a feeling that him or CP9 in general might be used to show off some other characters power. Smoker during the last Arc more or less was there to show off that Law and DoFla are on a different level and that he needs to improve if he want to keep up.

Not likely. Spandam put all the blame for the Enies Lobby disaster on them, and sicked the World Government on both them and the CP9 training facility. Now they're after Spandam's head.

That's so silly though. I know this is Oda's story and he's free to creative freedom and it's not like shonen mangas are know for their realism, but that whole thing is so silly. The World Government should totally see CP9 as an asset. They're not useless just because they failed against a stronger opponent.

I've been certain it was Lucci since the first shadow was seen.

I can't imagine they'll fight either. At least not a full on round 2 as we could imagine it. One Piece almost never works that way. I suppose the closest we got was Buggy in Logue Town and Smoker in Punk Hazard. Even then circumstances wouldn't even allow a true rematch. I am almost certain the same will be true for CP9.

Oda is very good about treading over old territory with familiar villains. Sure we'll see Eneru again but what ever happens with him will be much more complex than him simply returning more powerful than ever to get his revenge in a 20 chapter fight.

I'm not saying the Straw Hats will not fight a reformed CP9 or God Eneru but defeating them as some sort of end goal to an arc will not happen again in this story, I can just about guarantee that.

i agree with this.

i made a post in this thread earlier about how i didn't want another straw hat vs cp9 battle anyway. I feel like it would detract from the more current and bigger villains. I don't mind small fights between them though.

Oda brought back Bellamy though and Luffy "fought" him again.

That's so silly though. I know this is Oda's story and he's free to creative freedom and it's not like shonen mangas are know for their realism, but that whole thing is so silly. The World Government should totally see CP9 as an asset. They're not useless just because they failed against a stronger opponent.

They didn't simply fall to a stronger opponent. They fell to a mid-level single ship undersized pirate crew, followed by the island getting obliterated, and then the pirates still got away. That's simply not going to cut it. So they were set up to take the fall and when they resisted the WG put them on a wanted list to hide their embarrassment. The WG does not like being embarrassed.

They're already being replaced by new recruits. CP9 was always disposable and Enies Lobby was too massive a failure to justify maintaining them.

They didn't simply fall to a stronger opponent. They fell to a mid-level single ship undersized pirate crew, followed by the island getting obliterated, and then the pirates still got away. That's simply not going to cut it. So they were set up to take the fall and when they resisted the WG put them on a wanted list to hide their embarrassment. The WG does not like being embarrassed.

They're already being replaced by new recruits. CP9 was always disposable and Enies Lobby was too massive a failure to justify maintaining them.

Yeah it wasn't just a loss to an opponent that the WG knows now, two years later, at the time it was a complete loss at a place long thought impenetrable and the complete destruction of the primary judicial center of Paradise. Not to mention that the only reason the straw hats made it there in the first place was the arrogance of Spandam and CP9, So they are attributable for the failure.

The WG acted completely in character by having them take the fall for Enies Lobby. It wouldn't make sense if they HADN'T. We saw it with Sengoku and Garp after Marineford as well. Failure is met with dismissal or worse.

So long as we're doing hypotheticals Robin could drop Law like a rock if she wanted to. But she doesn't.
Robin could theoretically kill anyone instantly by breaking their necks or even sprouting limbs inside of them and crushing their organs.

Sucks because Oda likes making drawn out battles with epic build-ups but Robin's ability isn't suited for those.

nah the wiki calls it the ope ope no mi

Robin could theoretically kill anyone instantly by breaking their necks or even sprouting limbs inside of them and crushing their organs.

Sucks because Oda likes making drawn out battles with epic build-ups but Robin's ability isn't suited for those.

we don't know if robin can make limbs inside of things. she can't kill Luffy though because he's made of rubber. I also don't think she could kill a Logia user even with Haki. Also anyone faster than Robin could kill her. I guess you could resist her devil fruit by being super strong too.

Have Robin and Brook ever had dedicated battles? I guess Robin got some screen time vs Diamante but I can't think of much else.

So long as we're doing hypotheticals Robin could drop Law like a rock if she wanted to. But she doesn't.

if Law had a room up Robin would be toast

Because Oda wrote himself into a corner with his power so can only use him sparingly/makes him an idiot when it's practical.

haha fair enough

we don't know if robin can make limbs inside of things. she can't kill Luffy though because he's made of rubber. I also don't think she could kill a Logia user even with Haki. Also anyone faster than Robin could kill her. I guess you could resist her devil fruit by being super strong too.

Have Robin and Brook ever had dedicated battles? I guess Robin got some screen time vs Diamante but I can't think of much else.

I know, but theoretically she could if the story demanded it, but I doubt it ever will. And yeah, Logia's obviously would be immune (she tried to attack Crocodile back in Alabasta and he just Logia'd out), but any non-Logia (and there are plenty) would be toast.

Eye-gouging, throat-slitting, neck-breaking, lots of grim applications for her power that we will never see :/ I do wonder if her limbs operate under her usual strength, like if she sprouts an arm it's literally the strength of her regular arm. And if she has to use the Hana Hana pose every time she attacks.

Brook and Robin haven't had a decent one on one in forever. Most of the strawhats haven't. Hopefully the next arc will be more like Enies Lobby cuz I think that was the last time we had dedicated battles where they were actually challenged.

I know, but theoretically she could if the story demanded it, but I doubt it ever will. And yeah, Logia's obviously would be immune (she tried to attack Crocodile back in Alabasta and he just Logia'd out), but any non-Logia (and there are plenty) would be toast.

Eye-gouging, throat-slitting, neck-breaking, lots of grim applications for her power that we will never see :/ I do wonder if her limbs operate under her usual strength, like if she sprouts an arm it's literally the strength of her regular arm. And if she has to use the Hana Hana pose every time she attacks.

Brook and Robin haven't had a decent one on one in forever. Most of the strawhats haven't. Hopefully the next arc will be more like Enies Lobby cuz I think that was the last time we had dedicated battles where they were actually challenged.

I'd always assumed the arms and legs were just the strength of her actual limbs, and when she made a giant limb it was multiplied by whatever factor.

i'd love for the next arc to be like enies lobby, like if they fought big mom or kaido and each crew member took someone on, that would be really cool. I'm not sure if Oda is going to jump into something like that for a little longer though.

I think that The Straw Hats are almost definitely going to the island of Zou now that they beat Doflamingo thought. That's where Kinemon, Kanjuro and Momonosuke were headed, and where Law's crew is. Either that or they're going to have to find a way to escape Big Mom. At the beginning of the Dressarosa arc Law gave Nami a vivre card pointing toward Zou so Nami and the others might have tried to escape Big Mom by going there.

Ugh I just need more One Piece in my life.

I'd always assumed the arms and legs were just the strength of her actual limbs, and when she made a giant limb it was multiplied by whatever factor.

i'd love for the next arc to be like enies lobby, like if they fought big mom or kaido and each crew member took someone on, that would be really cool. I'm not sure if Oda is going to jump into something like that for a little longer though.

I think that The Straw Hats are almost definitely going to the island of Zou now that they beat Doflamingo thought. That's where Kinemon, Kanjuro and Momonosuke were headed, and where Law's crew is. Either that or they're going to have to find a way to escape Big Mom. At the beginning of the Dressarosa arc Law gave Nami a vivre card pointing toward Zou so Nami and the others might have tried to escape Big Mom by going there.

Ugh I just need more One Piece in my life.

Few more hours. I can't even imagine the series ending. It's gonna be epic as shit.

nah the wiki calls it the ope ope no mi

if Law had a room up Robin would be toast

haha fair enough
Because clearly a crowdsourced wiki has more legitimacy than the official translations, mirite

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
I wish they'd update the main post on apforums.net with all the spoilers. I too lazy to dig through the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom