• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I really hope, we get a little flashback to what Sanji and co were doing in that time.

Could be. Also, I really don't know what to make of all the information regarding him. Beaten 7 times? When? And by whom?
There's just so much to speculate in this chapter, I love it.

Well, we know Shanks beat him once when he tried to jump Whitebeard before the war. I imagine Whitebeard himself dealt him one of those defeats, Big Mom as well since the 4 emperors seemed to be in a sort of stalemate power-wise before Whitebeard died. That's one we know for sure and two we can guess at with decent certainty.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I wonder if Kaido's immorality came from the previous ope ope user sacrificing themselves to make Kaido immortal. Would certainly explain why Doflamingo kept bringing it up last arc.

That also means One Piece might use the one plotline Dragonball never made good on: someone successfully wishing themselves immortal

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wonder if Kaido's immorality came from the previous ope ope user sacrificing themselves to make Kaido immortal. Would certainly explain why Doflamingo kept bringing it up last arc.

That also means One Piece might use the one plotline Dragonball never made good on: someone successfully wishing themselves immortal

That would definitely explain it. Damn, that would be a good one and would make Law being involved a lot more relevant to the arc as he just accomplished his goal of beating Mingo.

Well, we know Shanks beat him once when he tried to jump Whitebeard before the war. I imagine Whitebeard himself dealt him one of those defeats, Big Mom as well since the 4 emperors seemed to be in a sort of stalemate power-wise before Whitebeard died. That's one we know for sure and two we can guess at with decent certainty.

Looks like Kaido wanted to fight Whitebeard because he wanted to die? Maybe he believed Whitbeard was the only one capable of killing him, and intervened because he didn't want him to die saving Ace before he could kill him.

What an interesting character....

ffdgh

.....If this is indeed the case, I'm not sure how luffy could possibly beat this guy. Though that does raise the question of wether or not a current ope ope user could potentially remove said immortality.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
.....If this is indeed the case, I'm not sure how luffy could possibly beat this guy. Though that does raise the question of wether or not a current ope ope user could potentially remove said immortality.

Well, Luffy has never killed anyone and I doubt he'd start now. I'm better either Kaido has some kind of plan that can be foiled, like what he might need a devil fruit army for, or he'll be one of those guys that wants to be beaten deep down and finds a way to get Luffy to win--sort of like Thanos in the Marvel Universe.

RagnarokX

I don't think Luffy is going to. They'll fight, of course, but Kaido has heel-face turn written all over him. We don't know a lot about him yet, but this first impression is that he's just a chaotic force rather than an evil force. He'll totally be an ally in the end. Probably all of the emperors will be.

Kid goes after Shanks with Kaido's help, Luffy is after Kaido, so hoping Luffy does meet up with Shanks. It is said that Shanks has the power to slow down time, I'm unsure if this is a devil fruit power or some haki variation, if he slows down time for Luffy to train...... then theres a chance Luffy can beat Kaido cause he sure as hell can't beat him now.

Kornflayx

Kid goes after Shanks with Kaido's help, Luffy is after Kaido, so hoping Luffy does meet up with Shanks. It is said that Shanks has the power to slow down time, I'm unsure if this is a devil fruit power or some haki variation, if he slows down time for Luffy to train...... then theres a chance Luffy can beat Kaido cause he sure as hell can't beat him now.

What am I reading?

cGcljXn.gif

For the One Piece game Shanks has like some red haki & he has the power to slow down time. Here's a video reviewing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=901VUS-4Rv0

It explains why Lucky Roo could move so fast. It has me wondering if Shanks does have a devil fruit and if its a time fruit, it could even stop him from sinking if he was in the water after saving Luffy. Just some speculation.

Others have been saying there is going to be a second timeskip for all this to happen, which I don't see it happening.

For the One Piece game Shanks has like some red haki & he has the power to slow down time. Here's a video reviewing it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=901VUS-4Rv0

It explains why Lucky Roo could move so fast. It has me wondering if Shanks does have a devil fruit and if its a time fruit, it could even stop him from sinking if he was in the water after saving Luffy. Just some speculation.

Fyi, the developers of the game know as little as we do. Oda doesn't share secrets on powers with them. Shanks moveset was up to the imagination of the developers. He most likely does NOT have some kind of time fruit, I think what the devs are saying is that his haki is so strong, it's as if everything else slower down. Of course, I could be wrong, but there are probably character bios in the game that would specify this.

Fyi, the developers of the game know as little as we do. Oda doesn't share secrets on powers with them. Shanks moveset was up to the imagination of the developers. He most likely does NOT have some kind of time fruit, I think what the devs are saying is that his haki is so strong, it's as if everything else slower down. Of course, I could be wrong, but there are probably character bios in the game that would specify this.

You could be right, but Oda did approve of Shanks having the power in the game. Arg Oda get some assistants, stop sleeping for like 3 hours a night, let them draw lets get back to 4 chapters a month.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/194309/20150420/one-piece-pirate-warriors-3-shanks.htm

If I remember correctly before the 4th hokage was introduced to us and we saw his moves, in the video game for ps2 he had rasengan and also the move where he's up in the air and goes down head first with the rasengan leading the way similar to what he did to Tobi. And I think they also revealed Itachi's amatarasu in a game before we saw him actually use it in the manga (the black flames Jiraiya sealed up didn't show itachi actually using the attack).

Nocebo

Hopefully there is a valid reason for why these insanely powerful characters haven't been able to get to One Piece yet. Maybe it requires more than just raw strength and time to find it. Or they just don't care about finding it but it'd be weird if Luffy is the only one who cares about one piece.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Holy Shit - Kaidou is the real deal. Thanks for Oda on delivering on that design. What a beast....yeah he definitely looks like the dude that would wanna take on Whitebeard head on or got DoFla pissing in his pants.

Damn we really are getting near to the endgame....Kidd and Co. are screwed.

You could be right, but Oda did approve of Shanks having the power in the game. Arg Oda get some assistants, stop sleeping for like 3 hours a night, let them draw lets get back to 4 chapters a month.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/194309/20150420/one-piece-pirate-warriors-3-shanks.htm

If I remember correctly before the 4th hokage was introduced to us and we saw his moves, in the video game for ps2 he had rasengan and also the move where he's up in the air and goes down head first with the rasengan leading the way similar to what he did to Tobi. And I think they also revealed Itachi's amatarasu in a game before we saw him actually use it in the manga (the black flames Jiraiya sealed up didn't show itachi actually using the attack).

The hell are you even talking about?

Majukun

oda has all the assistants he wants..problem is,he also want to personally draw every living character or things that move,limiting the assistants to drawq the background..that's why during the marineford war chapters were so short...there were trons of characters in every panel

As soon as I saw the hole with horns.

I instantly thought kaido

Now you made Magellan sad.

That theres been games where character techniques have been revealed before they showed up in the anime or manga. I mean Oda should let his assistants draw and stuff. But not like those weird One Piece party mangas

None of the weird names or words you said have ever been in One Piece though so I still have no clue what nonsense you're talking about, and like the man above said, Oda draws all living beings himself. I also have no idea what this has to do with your Shanks having a time fruit theory, lol.

None of the weird names or words you said have ever been in One Piece though so I still have no clue what nonsense you're talking about, and like the man above said, Oda draws all living beings himself. I also have no idea what this has to do with your Shanks having a time fruit theory, lol.

Oh sorry you're right, I was basing it off Naruto so was thinking One Piece might follow it. Yeah I don't know if its a time fruit or what. We need more info, but we will always need more info. Back to the Chapter arg, I really think Luffy is gonna need more crew mates. I know he wants 10. But I'm just looking at White Beard had like a gazillion crew members. Shanks brought I think 8 or 9 people with him onto the battlefield at Marineford but he had much more on his ship. Blackbeard has got a bunch of people rolling with him as well. I'm unsure about big mom but she does have Capone's crew under her so that's more than the straw hats. Even Roger had a bunch of people on his crew.

Qurupeke

Great chapter. It reminded me classic One Piece so much. That sense of mystery, nonsensical stuff that doesn't make sense and then the GRAND reveal. KAIDO! I expected him to look more like a monster but still he seems pretty interesting. I love his design.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Am i right thinking that Kaidou is pissed at Whitebeard because he died and Kaido thought that he was the only person able to kill him ? He seems to have a so far unfulfilled Deathwish. Also explains why he wanted to crash the Whitebeard Pirates/Marine War - he probably thought he could get killed there lol.

Definitely a interesting character, looking forward to learn more about him and his intention. Nobody introduces Charachters like Oda does - great.

btw. Sanji having a little badass moment was nice to see heh.

IHaveIce

Banned
Hopefully there is a valid reason for why these insanely powerful characters haven't been able to get to One Piece yet. Maybe it requires more than just raw strength and time to find it. Or they just don't care about finding it but it'd be weird if Luffy is the only one who cares about one piece.
We saw in a flashback Roger asking Whitebeard if he wants to hear how to get to Raftel, which implies you can't just sail there without some trick.

I love Kaido's design. Though I have no clue what happened with Sanji and co, either we are due a flashback or Oda forgot to tell us something

The stuff with Kaido was great, the stuff with Sanji was super bizarre we should have just gotten a full chapter on Kaido and next week gotten a chapter explaining wtf happened with Sanji and co.

Kaidou wants to lose to Luffy? His little speech at the end is weird.

Glad that ms scanlation introduces him as hundred beast Kaidou. I love translations that add flavour like that.

Not sure that Sanji is on an island with zoan fruit users. The next island is Zo where Bepo is. Bepo is a beast human who doesn't seem to be a devil fruit user. My guess is that Zo = Zoo = Beastman Island. Equivalent to Fishman Island and birth place of Kaidou.

Just saw the spoilers/images/chapter summary/stuff ... jesus h. christ........

Is it safe to comment on Kaidou without spoiler-tags? I'll do some, just in case ...

Kaidou looks really like Orz with those horns, this can't be a coincidence, they have to be related somehow ... wouldn't it be a fitting irony if Moria used Kaidous' ancestor to make an unstoppable super-zombie with the intention to kill Kaidou ... which said guy can't even do himself?

Man ... Oda ... man ... guy is incredible.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Damn! Kaido is massive.
His inability to die is going to make for an interesting plot line.

Holy crap Sanji and his team exists! Hopefully we get a flashback on how this happened.

Kaidou looks really like Orz with those horns, this can't be a coincidence, they have to be related somehow ... wouldn't it be a fitting irony if Moria used Kaidous' ancestor to make an unstoppable super-zombie with the intention to kill Kaidou ... which said guy can't even do himself?

Yeah it makes a lot of sense now why Moria wanted that huge gigantic monster so it could take on Kaido itself. I think he only wanted a 100,000,000 beli shadow though :/. I'm trying to imagine even if Kid's shadow was in Orz could fair against him, I dunno man. That said IF Moria is still alive in the New World you betcha he's gonna be with Straw Hats to take on Kaido. A shichibukai beaten by Luffy now is gonna help Luffy once again.

These quotes I came across were hilarious.
"Can't wait for luffy to free Doflamingo from impel down to help him save sabo from the marines"
"If Garp is a Hero... then he must share all his meat and booze after he saves the day! What a man!"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's likely Sheepshead and that little girl the Curly Hats were protecting ate SMILE fruits.

Raonak

Banned
holy fuck that chapter was amazingly hype! Seeing sanji and co. and kaido reveal in the same chapter.
Kaido is unlike what i imagined, but really liking it.

God oda delievers again.

Nightbird

Oh deer...

Is that
a girl who ate a reindeer fruit for Chopper to have a love interest?

Coming back to that:
How would this work? Would she be a permanent Character who would sail along the Strawhats and stay out of Battle, or more like a one-off thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom