• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Coming back to that:
How would this work? Would she be a permanent Character who would sail along the Strawhats and stay out of Battle, or more like a one-off thing?
She could stay where she is or do what she does. Look at Usopp.

I don't think a human would fall in love with a reindeer, even if it has a human fruit, lol. That's some beastiality weirdness right there.
You think your white girls are not good enough for Tony because he's mixed? :/

Great Chapter, so fucking good! Though as it's been said, this all "i want to die" shit would be dumb if the guy is a DF user... Just throw yourself to the sea.

Loved Basil Hawkins reaction to the dude. 0 fucks given.

Mendrox

Great Chapter, so fucking good! Though as it's been said, this all "i want to die" shit would be dumb if the guy is a DF user... Just throw yourself to the sea.

Loved Basil Hawkins reaction to the dude. 0 fucks given.

I don't think that it would be stupid if he is really immortal. ;-) He would drop to the end of the sea and wouldn't die at all... like Hidan from Naruto (who got buried and still is not dead)

I don't think that it would be stupid if he is really immortal. ;-) He would drop to the end of the sea and wouldn't die at all... like Hidan from Naruto (who got buried and still is not dead)

I don't know if Oda will try to tie that thematic here, though.
Could make sense if that was the way DD got to know the real power of the Ope Ope no mi.

daveo42

Banned
That was certainly one hell of an awesome and unexpected reveal for Kaido. Seems like the SH Alliance has their work cut out for them if they want to topple him.

Oddly enough, I am way more interested in whatever is going on with the other half of the crew on the crazy sheep island. I miss Brook's, Nami's, Sanji's and Chopper's antics.

Holy shit that chapter.

Kinda sad I had it spoiled that it was Kaidou, since the buildup to that reveal was really, really amazing. The presentation was kind of avant-garde, for Oda at least. Once again, just when I think I can kind of see what's going to happen next, Oda pulls a massive misdirect. I fucking love it.

It was. Had no clue going in and was almost expecting not to get a reveal this week. Even better since I was thinking about all the characters that could fit into both that hole and that rap sheet he had. That lead up to the reveal was totally worth it.

Lunar15

Holy shit that chapter.

Kinda sad I had it spoiled that it was Kaidou, since the buildup to that reveal was really, really amazing. The presentation was kind of avant-garde, for Oda at least. Once again, just when I think I can kind of see what's going to happen next, Oda pulls a massive misdirect. I fucking love it.

Anywho, I guess the whole Big Mom ship reveal was kind of a red herring, as it appears they've gone straight on to Zou... or at least what I assume is Zou. If it is, I wonder if they'll bump into Bepo and the gang.

Lunar15

Luffy gave them a direct order to go to Zou, so either it's Zou or they had to hide on another island to get away from Big Mom. I'd say more signs point to it being Zou.

Kreed

One Piece 795:

Kaidou and his pirates were a nice surprise, as well as finally getting an update on Nami and friends. I'm guessing we'll get a proper flashback on what's going on with the other half of the Straw Hats once everyone reunites. I'm guessing RagnarokX is right about the girl being a potential love interest for Chopper. Looking at the Kaidou pirate Sanji and Brooke took out, I'm wondering if the whole island they are on will have "animal" themes?

Random thought but I wonder if Kaidou has tried drowning himself?

Korosenai

I just read the chapter without seeing spoilers, and that shit was so hype and out of left field. This is the One Piece I love, can't wait to see the Kidd alliance get wrecked before they even begin. Since Kaido yelled out Joker, they're probably gonna be like "uhh... He just got defeated by Straw Hat dude".

Lunar15

I actually see that alliance getting Kaidou's blessing to go after Shanks. I don't think he likes Shanks that much, given shanks stopped him on the way to stop Whitebeard.

You know, that whole series of events confused me: Why did Kaidou want to stop Whitebeard? Was he just trying to take advantage of Whitebeard in a moment of weakness?

I need to re-read the previous chapter but if Kaido was the guy teased standing on the sky island behind Sky Monk... didn't they show Kaido a few pages later with his crew?

Did n't like this chapter on the first read because I really had a hard time with exactly what was happening and where everybody was. I'll try again tomorrow and maybe a different translation.

daveo42

Banned
I actually see that alliance getting Kaidou's blessing to go after Shanks. I don't think he likes Shanks that much, given he stopped him on the way to Whitebeard's war.

I don't think Kaido would really even care if anyone went after any of the other yonkou now. I think the only exception was Whitebeard because of who he was and how much power he commanded.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I actually see that alliance getting Kaidou's blessing to go after Shanks. I don't think he likes Shanks that much, given he stopped him on the way to Whitebeard's war.
Way too soon to tell since we don't know much about him. Shanks doesn't seem like a Pirate who would be hated by anyone. Shanks also tried to stop Whitebeard from letting Ace engage BB, this doesn't mean they hate each other.

And considering how the Redhair Pirates looked when they arrived at Marineford, I don't think they had a big Fight with Kaidou's fleet, if they fought at all.

He will let them go anyway, this is One Piece so they won't get killed or captured.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I don't think a human would fall in love with a reindeer, even if it has a human fruit, lol. That's some beastiality weirdness right there.

I wouldn't be surprised if she is a Smile user.

Also I expect Kaidou to wreck the kidd alliance. Not for any particular reason except they probably attack him over the wrecked ship not knowing who he is and get wrecked themselves.

Korosenai

I need to re-read the previous chapter but if Kaido was the guy teased standing on the sky island behind Sky Monk... didn't they show Kaido a few pages later with his crew?

Did n't like this chapter on the first read because I really had a hard time with exactly what was happening and where everybody was. I'll try again tomorrow and maybe a different translation.
What chapter was that when they showed Urogue talking to Kaido?

Nightbird

She could stay where she is or do what she does. Look at Usopp.

fair enough

You think your white girls are not good enough for Tony because he's mixed? :/

LUTpSiH.gif

Korosenai

Also, let's look back at what Oda said... He said Kaido has been defeated 7 times and captured 18 times. How in the hell has he been captured and defeated that much, and by whom?

Lunar15

Nah, that wasn't Kaidou they showed in the chapter with X-Drake. That was a japanese castle. I think the implication is that X Drake's men were there, talking to Kaidou. I'd guess that since Kaidou was here on the sky island, one of two things happened: Either they were talking to him on the phone or they went to find him to tell him that Doflamingo lost and he simply wasn't there.

Also, let's look back at what Oda said... He said Kaido has been defeated 7 times and captured 18 times. How in the hell has he been captured and defeated that much, and by whom?

Could have been when he was much younger. I think the implication is that he's had a rough life, and that's what's molded him into being the strongest creature on earth.

I also think that the implication of him always wanting to die means that he'll pick a fight with anyone at any time, and he's willing to start wars just to see if he can die in them. That's why he yells out to Joker that he wants to start the biggest war ever.

Syntsui

I'm really disappointed with the way Oda handled Sanji's group, it ruined the whole chapter for me because it really was all over the place and didn't make any sense at all.

I understand that we will get an explanation and probably a flashback, but considering we read this weekly, this shit was whack as fuck.

In regards to Kaidou, he looks awesome but his motivation to die is stupid as fuck. It doesn't matter if he's a user or not, normal humans can die drowned too so... Oda has some explaining to do.

Maybe he thinks it's boring to die drowned? I just can't...

Lunar15

I'm really disappointed with the way Oda handled Sanji's group, it ruined the whole chapter for me because it really was all over the place and didn't make any sense at all.

I understand that we will get an explanation and probably a flashback, but considering we read this weekly, this shit was whack as fuck.

I'd blame that more on translations than anything. I think it's awfully clear what happened. They got away from Big Mom and arrived on this mysterious island to wait for luffy. Nami, Brook, and Momonosuke left the boat to help/find some mysterious woman and ended up getting ambushed by Kaidou's lackeys. Meanwhile, Sanji and Chopper argued with Ceasar about leaving the boat to find Nami's gang.

In regards to Kaidou, he looks awesome but his motivation to die is stupid as fuck. It doesn't matter if he's a user or not, normal humans can die drowned too so... Oda has some explaining to do.

I'd blame that more on the translations

Funny enough, Oda has already teased Kaidou's appearance, or at least his face.

Holy shit, why do I not remember us talking about that at all? Did anyone question who that was?

Im going to assume he can't he be drowned for some reason, with all the torture he went through there's no way the government neglected to try drowning him.

Yeah I just checked again, chapter 793...

You see the tease of someone on the sky island with Sky Monk, which we find out is Kaido... but then a page later X Drake tells Kaido about what happened and he's standing right there as well.

Am I crazy or is that a screw up?

It says that every time hes hung the rope snaps and every time someone try to cut him or pierce him, the weapon breaks, so clearly a supernatural force prevents him from dying, which would also keep him from drowning. I don't find it hard to believe that he always washes on-shore or always floats when in water.

Grexeno

You see the tease of someone on the sky island with Sky Monk, which we find out is Kaido... but then a page later X Drake tells Kaido about what happened and he's standing right there as well.

You're making a mistake on the context of the X Drake scene, most likely. The big shadow we see in it is most likely Kaidou's main base, not the man himself.

Lunar15

No, that's a castle. They're clearly yelling out to the castle, questioning where Kaidou is.

"Kaidou! Where are you?"

It says that every time hes hung the rope snaps and every time someone try to cut him or pierce him, the weapon breaks, so clearly a supernatural force prevents him from dying, which would also keep him from drowning. I don't find it hard to believe that he always washes on-shore or always floats when in water.

Unsure if supernatural or if the implication is just that he's really strong. Do we even know if he's a devil fruit user?

You're making a mistake on the context of the X Drake scene, most likely. The big shadow we see in it is most likely Kaidou's main base, not the man himself.

Ok, that makes sense. I thought it was Kaidou. It looks like his shadow as he is falling out of the sky.

Thanks,

My guess is that Kaidou himself is a beast and like the Fishmen pirates he only normally has beast crew but unlike fishmen he also recruits zoan. I think there is some sort of link there since we know from the Boa sisters than the Celestial Dragons made slaves eat zoan fruits for their entertainment. If he has a fruit I would guess that he has the revive revive fruit that Brook thought he had but he was a victim of a pun and ate the underworld underworld fruit.

Lunar15

I mean, I always kind of assumed he was the strongest Zoan given his name, but we've never actually been told he's a Zoan.

My money was always on him being the dragon zoan. It still might be true, given his scale tattoo, horns, and long, asian moustache. Maybe that's why he can't die either: Dragons are supposed to have good luck and are special.

Bravoexo

Kaido looks like he's based off 'The Rock'.

Anyway, so... what could Kaido be preparing an army of Zoan Smile warriors for? Yet, he attempts a jump off a sky island just to see if he finally gets killed? And he's coming off as not seriously a bad guy, from the vibes off the High Priest encounter and the Kaido crew that Sanji and the others seems to have encountered... Big Mom's crew comes off more menacing...or evil minded, it seems.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Curly Brow Pirates did not disappoint. And are the Mr. Prince glasses back? Seems like they are! And why were those Kaido pirates so intent on finding Kanjuro? Or was "the samurai" referring to Momonosuke?

Nami's new outfit is also great. The first New World version of her I've liked.

Maybe that's why he can't die either: Dragons are supposed to have good luck and are special.

Possibly the "unkillable" character from eastern mythology is Nezha. Nezha was an immortal sent to earth to battle demons, and in his time defeated a dragon with no problem. He is also known for committing suicide to solve a problem but he came back anyway.

Lunar15

Kaido looks like he's based off 'The Rock'.

Anyway, so... what could Kaido be preparing an army of Zoan Smile warriors for? Yet, he attempts a jump off a sky island just to see if he finally gets killed? And he's coming off as not seriously a bad guy, from the vibes off the High Priest encounter and the Kaido crew that Sanji and the others seems to have encountered... Big Mom's crew comes off more menacing...or evil minded, it seems.

I think he's a warmonger. He's trying to build up the biggest war ever so that he can finally find a chance to die. He starts shit just to start shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom