• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
SERIOUSLY HOW THE FUCK IS LUFFY SUPPOSED TO BEAT THAT. DUDE LOOKS LIKE HE COULD TAKE A KING KONG TO THE FACE AND NOT FLINCH

For real, this is the toughest looking motherfucker in the goddamned series. What the fuck devil fruit is he using? He looks like he's half fucking dragon
!

Grexeno

For real, this is the toughest looking motherfucker in the goddamned series. What the fuck devil fruit is he using? He looks like he's half fucking dragon
!
I imagine it actually is a dragon Zoan. It fits with the whole Momonosuke thing.

Veelk

Banned
Dunno why you guys are crapping yourselves. He would be like the 5th giant that Luffy downs over the series and Oz us bigger than him too. He's obviously stronger than any of them, but the series has never made how tough characters look relevant to how tough they actually are. His design is cool tho.

Edit, actually, speaking of Oz, is it just me, or now that we have kaido, does it feel like they might be distantly related? Same horns and stuff. Moria probably saw him and was like "I need me one of those!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I imagine it actually is a dragon Zoan. It fits with the whole Momonosuke thing.

I've been thinking this for a while myself, but he's just so fucking crazy looking. He's gonna turn into the most deadly fucking dragon ever.

Guys...
It's Kaido!

234scDL.jpg

NOT LOOKING NOT LOOKING NOT LOOKING

From reading the summary Kaidio is a suicidal character that looking for a place to die since he bored of life.
Did not expect anything like that .

dabig2

Edit, actually, speaking of Oz, is it just me, or now that we have kaido, does it feel like they might be distantly related? Same horns and stuff. Moria probably saw him and was like "I need me one of those!"

He actually really reminds me of Avalo Pizarro from BB's crew. But clearly more intimidating and badass!

Holy shit at those spoilers
Kaidou seems super badass. Like, he's so invincible he just jumps off a sky island to try and kill himself, but doesn't even seem that hurt afterward. Holy shit this guy is insane

Veelk

Banned
I have to admit, I enjoy Kidd's expediency. He says he wants to go after Kaido, he meets him for a fight the next chapter, whereas Luffy always takes forever to face the final boss. Not that I'm not expecting him to get jobbed by Kaido, but...

Also, has he tried drowning? Especially if he's a DF user, lack of oxygen should kill him eventually.

Edit: fuck, I forgot he's going after shanks, not kaido. Damn. Compliment retracted.

I have to admit, I enjoy Kidd's expediency. He says he wants to go after Kaido, he meets him for a fight the next chapter, whereas Luffy always takes forever to face the final boss.

Also, has he tried drowning? Especially if he's a DF user, lack of oxygen should kill him eventually.

I can't imagine he's not a DF user. Actually reading those descriptions about the attempts of his death made me think his DF would have something to do with the difficulty of him dying. If he is a DF user i hope there's some explanation as to why he hasn't drowned himself yet. Otherwise it would be really stupid

And it says he is the most powerful pirate of the seas. Was he more powerful than Whitebeard or is he the most powerful now that Whitebeard is dead? If he apparently can't die i wonder...

Nvm it says alive. So he's stronger than Blackbeard and Shanks? Damn...

Wow, did not expect to see
Kaido
so soon. Those details prior to
the crash and Kidd alliance meet up made me think he's a D.
Also, they're screwed.

Holy Snaps Holy Snaps Holy Snaps, calling it, Luffy & Law alliance with Red Hair Shanks!

ugh adrenaline from this chap got the best of me. Law still needs to meetup with his crew in Waino. Possible alliance with shanks there? or my first thought is most likely meet Scooper who can help them

Frog-fu

Banned
Eh, I'm disappointed.
I expected Kaidō to be a much more menacing type of character more villainous in nature. I can't picture this guy as that. He strikes me as an idiot, and even if it weren't for that, I think he looks to similar to the giants and gladiators we've seen thus far.

Syntsui

The first part of the chapter is random as fuck and doesn't make any sense at all. It's like we just skipped a whole chapter full of events and everything changed.

I need to understand this, I need answers!!!

RagnarokX

Human who ate the reindeer fruit?

That would be what I said, yes :p

Oda is about to break our hearts, again; only this time his weapon is the adorable love between a reindeer-human and a human-reindeer.

No, it's going to become a spinoff sitcom.

He's a reindeer who ate a fruit that turned him into a human and she's a human that ate a fruit that turned her into a reindeer! What kind of wacky romantic hijinks will these two get into?!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Chapter reaction:

I certainly wasn’t expecting THAT for an introduction to Kaido

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Chapter reaction:

I certainly wasn’t expecting THAT for an introduction to Kaido

I can't say I was either, especially considering what he looks like. That said, it totally fits with how the series portrays the really strong pirates. He reminds me a little of Whitebeard or Shanks, what with the laid-back personality.

Kornflayx

This is MP translation is literally the worst, my god.

But sick chapter, and I love the fact that
Kaido is jealous that Whitebeard was able to die

Also
he's the strongest when going one on one
. That could have some interesting implications for his fight with Luffy and co.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This is MP translation is literally the worst, my god.

But sick chapter, and I love the fact that
Kaido is jealous that Whitebeard was able to die

Also
he's the strongest when going one on one
. That could have some interesting implications for his fight with Luffy and co.

Well no shit,
His favorite hobby is trying to kill himself. He's a monster!

Kornflayx

Well no shit,
His favorite hobby is trying to kill himself. He's a monster!

Yeah, but I think it's interesting that it's specifically said that
he's the strongest when going ONE-ON-ONE. Maybe he has some drawback that makes him weaker in fights against groups.

Welfare

he's the strongest when going ONE-ON-ONE. Maybe he has some drawback that makes him weaker in fights against groups.

A group of strong beings can overcome one strong opponent. Kaido is the strongest individual.

HOLYSHIT

what a suprise seeing the rest of the crew! Where are they, Zou? kaidou isn't there....what happened with Big Mom?!

And it's confirmed that they have connections to "the samurai" like it was foreshadowed! Also, Kaido!!! I have to admit, that was a pretty intense introduction. I'm glad we're getting him into the fold so soon!

Human who ate the reindeer fruit?

This is what I thought too!

Huh...when were Nami and the rest under attack.....then again it's been almost a year since we've seen them so I've forgotten a lot.

The last time we saw them, they were getting chased out of Dressrosa by Big Mom's subordinates.

It could also just be the case that he didn't have any particularly insane superpowers that would let him cause mass destruction like the other "strongest man in the world", Whitebeard.

Kornflayx

The last time we saw them, they were getting chased out of Dressrosa by Big Mom's subordinates.

I really hope, we get a little flashback to what Sanji and co were doing in that time.

It could also just be the case that he didn't have any particularly insane superpowers that would let him cause mass destruction like the other "strongest man in the world", Whitebeard.

Could be. Also, I really don't know what to make of all the information regarding him. Beaten 7 times? When? And by whom?
There's just so much to speculate in this chapter, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom