• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, a LOT happened in this arc. Dressrosa is like if the entire Baroque Works saga happened in Arabasta itself, rather than on the islands before it. Because everything happened in one location it felt like it dragged a bit, but we really got like three or four different major storylines out of this one place.

-Coliseum
-Rebecca/Riku/Kingdom Backstory
-Law/Doflamingo stories
-Fight against Doflamingo Family/Birdcage

You could probably even break those down further if you wanted to.

The Law/Dofamingo flashback and Corazón as a character, both things, were everything i wanted from this arc, tbh. So i can leave behind this Dressrossa saga, satisfied with it :B

Ha! I told you guys that Law and Sengoku would have a chat about Rocinante.
Very solid closure to that bit of blank info that Law was lacking.

Luffy going straight balls out and clocking Fujitora was nuts.
GliYqoE.png

I don't believe this fight will have a victor, if it's even a legit fight at all. Luffy is barely at 100% after his long battle against Doflamingo.
It's admirable and understandable why he can't keep retreating from foes that stand in his way, but a King needs to know if a situation is to his advantage.
Fujitora is still a ways out of Luffy's league, but this is Luffy we're talking about. lol

smurfx

get some go again
Ha! I told you guys that Law and Sengoku would have a chat about Rocinante.
Very solid closure to that bit of blank info that Law was lacking.

Luffy going straight balls out and clocking Fujitora was nuts.
GliYqoE.png

I don't believe this fight will have a victor, if it's even a legit fight at all. Luffy is barely at 100% after his long battle against Doflamingo.
It's admirable and understandable why he can't keep retreating from foes that stand in his way, but a King needs to know if a situation is to his advantage.
Fujitora is still a ways out of Luffy's league, but this is Luffy we're talking about. lol
luffy probably has enough in him to go gear 4th once and use an attack to send fujitora flying back enough to allow them to escape. maybe luffy will do a gear 4th version of his bazooka and that will be enough to send him flying back far enough. although i kinda want to see him blast fujitora off the island entirely for more dramatic effect.

luffy probably has enough in him to go gear 4th once and use an attack to send fujitora flying back enough to allow them to escape. maybe luffy will do a gear 4th version of his bazooka and that will be enough to send him flying back far enough. although i kinda want to see him blast fujitora off the island entirely for more dramatic effect.
I think that is the only way they can escape and what Oda is leading towards since he took all the other Marines out of the picture. I don't think Sengoku would rush over there if he saw Fujitora get blasted like Team Rocket.

If Luffy/Law barely defeated Doflamingo I sincerely doubt a weakened Luffy and Law could take out Fujitora even with help from Zoro.

Luffy and Law never really fought Don in a 2 on 1 fight for any period of time.
After a hit it was back to 1 on 1.
Gear 4 luffy was enough to take on don with law they would have destroy him.
Hell we not fully see what luffy can do in gear 4 cause just King Kong punch beat both don haki attack and defense moves .

But wouldn't knocking Fujitora away and escaping from him right afterwards contradict what Luffy said on the last page?
It seems like he intends to completely defeat him first.

But the power gap is still too wide. An Elephant Gun to the face didn't even make Fujitora flinch.
Plus, he's currently levitating ALL OF THE RUBBLE ON DRESSROSA ABOVE THEM.

This fight is going to be interrupted somehow, but I can't imagine what would cause such a thing to occur.

Grexeno

I still hold that Fujitora is just going to decide "Oh, I was just putting all of this rubble back the way it was," whether that's what he originally intended to do or not.

But wouldn't knocking Fujitora away and escaping from him right afterwards contradict what Luffy said on the last page?

But the power gap is still too wide. An Elephant Gun to the face didn't even make Fujitora flinch.

This fight is going to be interrupted somehow, but I can't imagine what would cause such a thing to occur.

Jimbei shows up with Sea Kings.

smurfx

get some go again

somebody is going to talk sense into luffy and tell him that he can't seriously fight an admiral since that would cause even more destruction to an island that is pretty much wrecked already. blasting fujitora away will at least let luffy get a small victory as he gets to leave on his terms and not running away with his tail between his legs. luffy will no longer be getting out of people's way and instead forcing them out of his way.

I have to say people are underestimating luffy .
He is going to be fighting a yonko in less than 2 months in OP time .
Luffy was beating warlords 1 month after he enter the grandline .
He now coming off 2 years of training with the PK VC and should be able to hold his own vs all the big boys .
Still i don't see the fight finishing .

jbug617

Banned
So I'm playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. Doing Romance Dawn part I can't remember if Luffy really said he only wanted 10 people for his crew in the anime (didn't read the manga from the beginning). He says that in the game though.

Jimbei shows up with Sea Kings.

Oh shit. This needs to happen.

somebody is going to talk sense into luffy and tell him that he can't seriously fight an admiral since that would cause even more destruction to an island that is pretty much wrecked already. blasting fujitora away will at least let luffy get a small victory as he gets to leave on his terms and not running away with his tail between his legs. luffy will no longer be getting out of people's way and instead forcing them out of his way.

Maybe Law would convey that to Luffy, but Luffy's stubborness is still as strong as ever. lol
I still don't even see Luffy sending Fujitora knocked back very far. He just woke up less than a few hours ago.

IHaveIce

Banned
So I'm playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. Doing Romance Dawn part I can't remember if Luffy really said he only wanted 10 people for his crew in the anime (didn't read the manga from the beginning). He says that in the game though.
Nope he says "at least 10 other mates" or something along the lines; he stated that this is his minimum

Seems topical

Only got 25 responses to the survey so far. One would think this thread would have more people :p

Never seen it posted before! I added a response, though the statistics barely even changed with my response, since I love every Straw Hat and almost every arc equally, lol.

I don't know what one arc would be my favourite. Drum Kingdom, Alabasta, Jaya, Water 7 + Enies Lobby, Thriller Bark, Sabaody Archipelago, Dressrosa and so many more are amazing.

Kizaru should be more popular. He's hilarious.

He's my favourite non-Straw Hat, along with Doflamingo and Garp.

Nope he says "at least 10 other mates" or something along the lines; he stated that this is his minimum

Speaking of this, in the Dressrosa arc, it was said that Blackbeard has ten captains under him. Could be a coincidence, but I'm thinking Luffy gets ten crew mates in total under him, and close to the end they all battle one of Blackbeards captains each, with Luffy going for the big guy himself.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Remember, the "10 crewmates" line was written when Oda only planned for One Piece to run 5 years.
Things change.

Jarate

Banned
GUYS GUYS GUYS

WHAT IF UCY GETS HIS OWN CREW AND JOINS THE PIRATE ALLIANCE

Did he say "at least" 11 or just 11? Anyway, I think 11 will be the final since that's also Blackbeard Pirates number.

Jinbei makes the most sense to join the crewduring the next shit gets real pirate war arc

I'm playing the European version right now and he says "at least ten people" in the game.

Lunar15

Regardless of what he said or if Oda intends to change his mind, I really think that for the sake of the story he needs to start cutting it off for crew members. He's already having difficulty juggling all of them as it is.

Syntsui

Regardless of what he said or if Oda intends to change his mind, I really think that for the sake of the story he needs to start cutting it off for crew members. He's already having difficulty juggling all of them as it is.

If anything, he will have a bunch of fodder who can barely fight. Just like Shanks has and WB had.

Chariot

If anything, he will have a bunch of fodder who can barely fight. Just like Shanks has and WB had.
Isn't it said that even his newbies are badasses? He knows the dangers of the grandline, his people are probably all at least on the level of high marine officers. Probably know haki and can swim. It would be possible and cool if the colloseum people would become Luffy's "fodder".

But yeah, Oda is already not really managing the strawhats well because there are too many. Maybe thay is why he split some, so he can focus better on few.

We haven't had a new one since Brook if you exclude Jimbei, so I'd say he "started cutting it off" a long, long time ago.

Kreed

Luffy going HAM. Damn.

Law is way too high in this poll. 2nd place? Over Zoro? Come on now. Though I like that Crocodile is so high. Even beat out Doflamingo in his own arc lol.

Why wouldn't Law be that high? Besides his ridiculous Devil Fruit, he's had almost equal feature time as Luffy the past couple of arcs and Oda has made him look more competent than the rest of the Straw Hats outside of getting double teamed by Doflamingo and Fujitora.

Franky and Brook are really hurting for some screen time.

I loved Franky during Enies Lobby and Brook during TB, but they just need more time in the spotlight imo.

Franky v Senor Pink didn't really do it for me compared to Franky and CP9's interactions.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really didn't like Frank and Senor Pink in the manga but their interactions in the anime so far have been hilarious and they haven't even reached the hard boiled climax to their fight.

mrmickfran

I always thought that if Oda wanted to give Conquerer's Haki to another Straw Hat, it would be Usopp, just to fuck with the fanbase.

RomanceDawn

Remember, the "10 crewmates" line was written when Oda only planned for One Piece to run 5 years.
Things change.

He also said he intended them all to join before they made it to the Grand Line. Jinbe will join and at least one more afterward.

But there could even be another making 12 total, no more after that though. This is not a prediction it's just stuff...

Black Beards crew is being built as the ultimate foil to the Straw Hats, their number is good indication of what we'll see from the Straw Hats.

As for Conquerers Haki, mark my words, Zoro already has it, Sanji will come next with Usopp near the end of the series.

Oda said ussop will always be the weakness member of the SH .
I really don't see him getting CoC but who knows at the end of the manga it won't matter i guess.

RomanceDawn

Oda said ussop will always be the weakness member of the SH .
I really don't see him getting CoC but who knows at the end of the manga it won't matter i guess.

It's all relative. Him able to use CoC doesn't mean he would be physically stronger than anyone else on the crew. Mostly I base my prediction on his lies. He's already broken through the 1st Haki barrier(seemingly before Franky, Nami, Chopper, Robin and Brook) and with the amount of fame he's getting it seems like we are being set up for an end of series CoC display from Usopp. Though because of how physically normal he is he won't be taking out 50,000 goons in a single blast probably ever.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What's the five year mark? Arabasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom