• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I always find it funny how Usopp got screwed over in the 2008 poll because they counted Usopp and Sogeking votes separately. Otherwise he would have been in the top 10 instead of Law. A rare form of in-universe humor carrying over into marketing.

:lol

Only Usopp, only Usopp

I always find it funny how Usopp got screwed over in the 2008 poll because they counted Usopp and Sogeking votes separately. Otherwise he would have been in the top 10 instead of Law. A rare form of in-universe humor carrying over into marketing.

What do you mean? Why would they combine Usopp's and Sogeking's votes?

Veelk

Banned
Law being a strawhat would lessen the character for me, and he's one of the few I think is cool, so I don't want that. I'd rather he not be subordinate to Luffy. He was in an alliance with him as an equal to accomplish a common goal they both shared. Now that that's over, they will probably remain on friendly terms, but there is no reason he should pledge himself just to stay BFF's with him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Law being a strawhat would lessen the character for me, and he's one of the few I think is cool, so I don't want that. I'd rather he not be subordinate to Luffy. He was in an alliance with him as an equal to accomplish a common goal they both shared. Now that that's over, they will probably remain on friendly terms, but there is no reason he should pledge himself just to stay BFF's with him.

Their alliance isn't over yet, they teamed up with the understanding that they'd take out Kaido not Donflamingo. This is only the half-way point for their team up.

Grexeno

Their alliance isn't over yet, they teamed up with the understanding that they'd take out Kaido not Donflamingo. This is only the half-way point for their team up.
Well, going after Kaido was a lie from Law. His real goal was to destroy the SMILE Factory so that Kaido would take out Doflamingo. He never really intended to go after Kaido.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, going after Kaido was a lie from Law. His real goal was to destroy the SMILE Factory so that Kaido would take out Doflamingo. He never really intended to go after Kaido.

Yea, but tell that to Luffy. He's the one that gets to decide when that team up is over.

It was my interpretation that after Kaido finished taking out Doffy and was in a weakened state that Law and Luffy planned to carry out the plan. (Originally)

We still have momonosuke plot and Zou to go anyway.

smurfx

get some go again
i want luffy to hit fujitora with a new attack and send his ass flying off the island. that would be a good way to end this confrontation and not have him defeat an admiral just yet and get some extra fame out of it. of course with fujitora's power he would just float back to the island and let that be the end of their confrontation.

Jigorath

Banned
Luffy going HAM. Damn.

KY8cjiY.jpg

Law is way too high in this poll. 2nd place? Over Zoro? Come on now. Though I like that Crocodile is so high. Even beat out Doflamingo in his own arc lol.

The best part of that poll is clearly that Thatch is in spot #62, lol. That has to be joke votes.

Also that's Oda himself in spot #50 in case anyone missed that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
How is Corazon so low?

smurfx

get some go again
law is going to fight kaido now whether he wants to or not since that's what luffy is planning on doing now. that or luffy switches up his target and goes after big mom if she goes after luffy later on. since law now has what he wanted to all along he might want to partner up with luffy and help him become pirate king. hell he might end up befriending dragon and steering luffy's sights towards the world government.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really wonder how the whole Big Mom thing is going to go down. It's probably either going to be her and Kaido together against Luffy or one right after the other. The Yonko probably have to be out out of the picture soon-ish (sans Blackbeard) to pave way for the Marines to be the final villains of the series.

smurfx

get some go again
I really wonder how the whole Big Mom thing is going to go down. It's probably either going to be her and Kaido together against Luffy or one right after the other. The Yonko probably have to be out out of the picture soon-ish (sans Blackbeard) to pave way for the Marines to be the final villains of the series.
blackbeard has to be making his own move soon. no way the supernovas are the only ones doing big things.

Whitebeard aka the GOAT is too low.

I'm not sure how many votes each person could make (Was it your favorite only, top 3 or what?) But I feel like WB might have suffered from overlapping with other popular characters. I love Whitebeard, but my favorite character is still Luffy, so he'd go first. In a poll with one vote per person, having a distinct fanbase can easily get you a higher position than a character that is more consistently liked, but also has more competition.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't forget Japanese tastes differ, and the polls tend to reflect the more recent arcs. Since Dressrosa was still going, more Dressrosa featured characters took high spots.

The hated Princess Trio places high because Japan loves them.

smurfx

get some go again
i think my fav arc was water 7/ennies lobby. i started reading the manga around the end of sky island and water 7 was the first arc i followed weekly.

SolVanderlyn

i like the way you think. hopefully she joins the strawhats in the next arc.
No idea how this became such a prominent wish among the community, but I totally agree. I wonder what her backstory would be...

Kid probably has a really f'd up past. Just look at the guy. Haha

smurfx

get some go again
No idea how this became such a prominent wish among the community, but I totally agree. I wonder what her backstory would be...

i was like the only bonney for strawhat guy for years at arlong park. if anything people need my permission to join the bandwagon! :p

Jay RaR

tbh as much as I want to see Luffy fight Fujitora I'm still fatigued from being in Dressrosa too long so I hope Luffy finishes his business with the admiral as quickly as possible so the next arc can start.

I miss the other Straw Hats in the story.

smurfx

get some go again
how can fujitora legit stand up against luffy/zoro/law and the others? shit barto's ability can keep everyone safe from being squashed while the big three go after fujitora. zoro didn't really get to show off his new power so maybe this is where he shows off the next level of his swordsmanship. i know what he did against pika was big but not gear 4th kinda big.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

No way, Kid was a total rich kid who got bored and wanted to go out and fuck shit up.

how can fujitora legit stand up against luffy/zoro/law and the others? shit barto's ability can keep everyone safe from being squashed while the big three go after fujitora. zoro didn't really get to show off his new power so maybe this is where he shows off the next level of his swordsmanship. i know what he did against pika was big but not gear 4th kinda big.

If Luffy/Law barely defeated Doflamingo I sincerely doubt a weakened Luffy and Law could take out Fujitora even with help from Zoro.

what if against fujitora zoro unleashes his haoshoku haki? would be a good development and puts him at rayleigh's level.

That wouldn't work against Fujitora and all the marines have retreated. But Zoro is in a tough position if Luffy says he's ready to stand up against a Yonko and he can't even face an admiral.

mrmickfran

I'd say I prefer Saobondy and Alabasta personally. I love Dressrosa, but while I don't hate Rebecca like others here do, I do feel her storyline kind of dragged down the arc
I do feel that it dragged on a bit, but there's so much crazy shit that happened this arc (spoilers):

Buggy becoming a warlord
Fujitora's appearance
Sabo coming back
Big Mom attacking the Straw Hats
Gear fourth
Doflamingo FINALLY going down
Kaido's appearance
Luffy attacking Fujitora.

What a crazy arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom