• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinx

Which was an expected mistranslation of MP. Here's a more accurate translate from Aohige: "He tells Law that Roci didn't save him because he was a D. Don't attempt to give reasoning to the love you received from him. "

fKaoXOj.gif

More loose ends and ending in a big what. If that blows up into ten plus chapters of action then I don't know what's going on any more.

This is definitely a chapter where you have to laugh at the silly pandas and read ms instead.

Kornflayx

I feel like there needs a big infographic every Thursday to not base your theories and discussions of specific scenes on MP translations.

And just so everyone knows, this is the correct translation of the last page: "Why should I run, just because he's an admiral? We're through with that crap 2 years ago!
Whether it's a marine admiral or an emperor it doesn't matter, I need to beat them all to go forward! Otherwise I can't become the Pirate King!!"

MP screwed up big time this week

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Luffy doesn't show his back to the enemy any more.

That Whitebeard influence.

But honestly him "running away" doesnt really fit his position anymore in the narrative. Luffy just took out Doflamingo and is starting battles with Yonkous...would be silly for him to run from enemies at this point in the story. He is a big shot and acting like one...no more backing down.

Which was an expected mistranslation of MP. Here's a more accurate translate from Aohige: "He tells Law that Roci didn't save him because he was a D. Don't attempt to give reasoning to the love you received from him. "

Oh wow, lol. I should've figured.

Speaking of translations, yet another reason to buy the books is the great wording/phrasing used in them. I've compared a few chapters of the books with a few chapters from various online translations and the books always come up on top. The worst translations imo are when they not only mistranslate meanings but also use the Japanese words for "emperor", "seven warlords of the sea" etc. which is just silly.

It's interesting to see Sengoku's side of the Corazon story considering the inner conflict faced by Corazon when being with Law.

Luffy gives no fucks anymore. No way is this gonna be an all out fight from both sides but it'll still be interesting.

I do sincerely wonder if anyone is gonna join Luffy's crew at the end of this arc.

Jigolo

New world is almost an exact copy as grnad line like I've noticed back when Dressrosa began to show it's similarities to Alabasta. When Luffy first took down Croc, a warlord.

Real new world starts now

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

That MP mis translation was so off base.

Kornflayx

LOL best MS translation this week:

"Tell me, is it hard to breath with your head so far up your ass?"

Completely caught me off guard, I'm dying here.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You guys really need to stop reading Pandas. Their translation is so bad that it's memetic, even being used for the Pirate Warriors 3 thread over in Gaming.
Were they the ones that spelled it "Stray Hat Luffy" back in Punk Hazard?

Anyway, great chapter. Loved the closure with Law and Sengoku.
Luffy punched out Issho! Shit's going down! Though it's likely something will happen and they'll still run away.

Syntsui

You know, Fujitora was probably just going to rebuild the island with all that rubble, not throw it at people.

That may build a good excuse to put the Marines as the heros and Luffy as the bad pirate that he is. Also, there is that kidnapping stuff, Marine's PR will be busy later on;

Raxus

I know Oda is probably going to weasel out of the fight (for good reason) but those last panels were pretty hype. This is a great way of establishing Fujitora. Look forward to more stuff from him in the future.

Chariot

Well, Fujitora could be weakend too from the donating and thug legit being defeated by Luffy, even if he tries or he could not try at all and go "Oh no, I am totally defeated, whooo~" with Sengoku and Otsuru just telling Marine HQ that Fujitora was still weak from saving the kingdom and then ambushed by evil Strawhat and his bunch of evil evildoers to save his face.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you guys even look at MP in the first place? Just wait a few hours. The chapter isn't going anywhere.

Also, this was basically me for the last page or two:

5Zs6h.gif

Kreed

I'm surprised people still read MP translations after all this time. I know they are usually first but they are wrong most of the time regardless of the manga and there have been times where they are even missing pages. At the very least read a better quality version of the chapter later.

As for the chapter, it would be nice if Luffy actually does fight Fujitora but I have a feeling he will be interrupted somehow.

Chariot

I'm surprised people still read MP translations after all this time. I know they are usually first but they are wrong most of the time regardless of the manga and there have been times where they are even missing pages. At the very least read a better quality version of the chapter later.

As for the chapter, it would be nice if Luffy actually does fight Fujitora but I have a feeling he will be interrupted somehow.
Yeah, hopefully. Luffy shouldn't be ready yet to face an admiral head on.

Magwik

Banned

I only read MP because MS used to have a ton of redirecting ads on mobile but they fixed it recently

Man God

Non-Canon Member

I read the official release when that comes out. Part of the reason I still do MP is because they can get it so wrong, I find that entertaining as hell.

Kater

Banned
Wait, why does Bastille have his mask? I thought it was destroyed by Sabo earlier? Or does he have replacements?

Also, Law being so cool with just letting Doflamingo live on is really odd. Does he bet on Kaidou finishing him?

Lunar15

That part with Sengoku and Law was great. Oda's so good at those moments. He excels at emotional payoff.

I also really liked the part where Rosinante compared Law's hatred of the world to Doflamingo's. Provided a lot of context for why he'd go out of his way to help Law.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That part with Sengoku and Law was great. Oda's so good at those moments. He excels at emotional payoff.

I also really liked the part where Rosinante compared Law's hatred of the world to Doflamingo's. Provided a lot of context for why he'd go out of his way to help Law.

It's also heavily implied that he's just a nice guy in general and drove all the other non Baby 5/Buffalo/Law kids away on purpose.

Lunar15

I can't get over how well Oda handled Law in the past two arcs. I feared he'd go overboard and shove him into everything because he's so popular, but in the end he gave him a great arc, great characterization, but also didn't make him feel forced. It was a great backdrop for the entire arc.

I can't get over how well Oda handled Law in the past two arcs. I feared he'd go overboard and shove him into everything because he's so popular, but in the end he gave him a great arc, great characterization, but also didn't make him feel forced. It was a great backdrop for the entire arc.

It really makes me wish that Law would be a strawhat, but now I hope for some good fleshing out of his crew and how he came to meet them.

Lexxism

Wow. I didn't know Law got popular.

Law and Ace have always been the most popular non-Straw Hats since their introduction. They're both cool characters that appeal to a lot of people (there are so many female readers who literally love both Law and Ace). Similarly, Hancock has always been extremely popular in Japan (personally I'm not a big fan of that character). Croco got a big popularity boost after his re-appearance. We've definitely not seen the last of him.

Law has that teen angst vote sewn up it's no surprise that he is popular. The kid never smiles and always looks like he wants to get revenge on the world. I think that Naruto had the problem of Sasuke being way more popular than the lead for the same reason.

The real mystery to me is Marco

Chariot

Law has that teen angst vote sewn up it's no surprise that he is popular. The kid never smiles and always looks like he wants to get revenge on the world. I think that Naruto had the problem of Sasuke being way more popular than the lead for the same reason.

Never smiles? He was basically introduced with a smug smile.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Wasn't he popular since he was sitting on that box on the Archipelago? His design and personality is just rad and appealing. Combine that with a decent backstory and you got yourself a super popular character. You want receipts, you get receipts.

I'm surprised Ace popularity is still holding up after all these years.

Lunar15

It really makes me wish that Law would be a strawhat, but now I hope for some good fleshing out of his crew and how he came to meet them.

What? no. Definitely not. No desire to see him be a straw hat from me. Just because a character is cool doesn't mean they need to join the crew, at least in my opinion.

Either way, Alliance is the name of the game in the new world, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around for quite a while.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Marco is a fucking phoenix, your argument is invalid.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Marco just seems like a cool laid back dude...would have a beer with him.

What? no. Definitely not. No desire to see him be a straw hat from me. Just because a character is cool doesn't mean they need to join the crew, at least in my opinion.

Either way, Alliance is the name of the game in the new world, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around for quite a while.

He's fleshed out with such care that it almost makes him seem like crew-status.

Of course he isn't going to be, but I wish that he was and would have no problems with it. I want the Law-Luffy Alliance to continue all the way to the end.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

I always find it funny how Usopp got screwed over in the 2008 poll because they counted Usopp and Sogeking votes separately. Otherwise he would have been in the top 10 instead of Law. A rare form of in-universe humor carrying over into marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom