• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I do think nami being so in tune with the weather may be a form of observation haki.

Edit: And I don't care what oda says, usopp > nami.

Usopp took a 5 ton hammer to the face and invented nami's climatact, Nami's opponents have all basically toyed with her and let themselves be beaten. Usopp's fights have felt legitimate for the most part

Usopp vs. Van Augur is gonna be fucking mental, assuming it happens of course.

Imagine a sniping showdown where they're like miles and miles apart. HNNNG.

hunnies28

I do think nami being so in tune with the weather may be a form of observation haki.

Usopp took a 5 ton hammer to the face and invented nami's climatact, Nami's opponents have all basically toyed with her and let themselves be beaten. Usopp's fights have felt legitimate for the most part

Usopp vs Perona was the goat !

smurfx

get some go again
usopp fights are good because he always has to find solutions to his battles rather than just overpowering the opponent. he's like the batman of the strawhat crew. i guess this is why oda took away choppers brain point since he wants usopp to be the one that fights in this way.

That is far from the truth Nami major fights had her fighting just as hard as ussop .
It's not like Kalifa or Miss Doublefinger were toying with her , nami was just running away during the fights which is something ussop does as well .

Oh boy, I love breaks.

Well for the last 2 years he has taken 9 breaks per year .
This year it might end up being the same or more .
So next year it could be a crazy number depending on what he doing with the movie .
Still i guess it better than him stopping for months .

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It could be worse.

Hunter x Hunter and Berserk fans, I weep for you

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'd don't want everything to be haki. That would just feel cheap.
How is that cheap? The Strawhat are exceptional people, not saying that everyone needs to have a form of Haki but if it makes sense in respect to their skills and feats why not. Haki being somehow used outside of fights could be interesting as well, even if it's unlikely.

Nothing cheap about Haki. Its a evolutionary progress for strong willed and battle proven characters in OP. Haki isn't an automatic win button or anything special in that point of the story. It's more or less expected.

Conquerors Haki should be kept as limited as possible tough.

Chariot

Yes, but can't Nami jsut have good hunch for weather, combine with experience and knowledge instead of some magical haki? It's like giving Sanji cooking haki. Just not needed.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes, but can't Nami jsut have good hunch for weather, combine with experience and knowledge instead of some magical haki? It's like giving Sanji cooking haki. Just not needed.
Of course she can and no one argued that it is needed. Her having it or developing some kind of version isn't cheap at all if explained right... Progress isn't cheap and Haki isn't a magic win button if the character lacks skill or experience anyway.

Her weather knowledge doesn't have anything to do with Haki but the potential to unlock it might be there looking at her shown abilities so far.

Spinx

It's a skill dammit !
LLShC.gif

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Has it ever been explained why there were those frozen people on Punk Hazard?

You know, I just started reading through Punk Hazard (the new Pirate Warriors made me wanna catch up), and was totally wondering that myself---I'm pretty sure you can see one of the goat-men though, so I just think it's like where the failed goons go when Caesar is done with them---like the one Brownbeard pirate who Caesar said he'd heal, and then gassed, I imagine he probably freezes the body to study it later.

Speaking of PH, Brownbeard mentions a Tenryuubito who gave a name to the Dragon---has that come back yet? Any clues on who it was?

RomanceDawn

The frozen bodies stored at Punk Hazard were from experiments done on regular humans. It was something that the government had been working on for an extremely long time. Long before Caesar. Oars and his lineage are a product of that experimentation. The people experimented on don't last long, that's why they are dead and then stored in the freezer. Caesar made it very clear the kids at Pink Hazard were also failed experiments on giantification and would also soon die.

The dragon that was named by the Celestial Dragons has not had that name revealed and that subject has yet to be touched upon again.

Big One

Banned
Does anyone think the reason Kaido is immortal is because of that operation the Ope Ope no Mi can do? Just another theory of course...but I could see Oda tying this in as a way to bring the Kaido arc together with what's built up in Dressrosa and Punk Hazard. Also would give Law the ability and incentive to defeat him, especially if he can reverse the procedure.

Does anyone think the reason Kaido is immortal is because of that operation the Ope Ope no Mi can do? Just another theory of course...but I could see Oda tying this in as a way to bring the Kaido arc together with what's built up in Dressrosa and Punk Hazard. Also would give Law the ability and incentive to defeat him, especially if he can reverse the procedure.

Most likely not. I don't think the operation would have made the chains break during his execution or other things like that. We've only been given some clues that the Operation has been performed on at least 2 people or 2 times. Dr Kureha, the Gorosei, or heck even Blackbeard (if the translations are correct :/) have a much higher chance of the operation being performed on.

Squishy3

I sure hope so. I vaguely remember the same thing being said last year during July/August.
well there was a chapter last month and a chapter came out today... so so far so good. he's contractually obligated to release enough chapters for a volume per year if I remember

and oda didn't direct strong world, he just wrote it. for film z he only wrote the scenario and probably this next one he'll just be providing the scenario again most likely. he'll be involved with the creative process the entire way probably since he'll be helping the writer refine his scenario and answer any questions about it

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't see how Oda working on the new movie will be any different from his current schedule. The pace seems to be 4-5 chapters, then break. That was about the same thing during Strong World and Film Z's production.
And hey, we get more awesome color spreads when this gets close to release. I still hope Funimation dubs it after a few months like they did with Resurrection F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom