• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I don't see how Oda working on the new movie will be any different from his current schedule. The pace seems to be 4-5 chapters, then break. That was about the same thing during Strong World and Film Z's production.
And hey, we get more awesome color spreads when this gets close to release. I still hope Funimation dubs it after a few months like they did with Resurrection F.
don't think we'll be getting a dub of this because of the fact they aren't caught up. the movie will probably have gear fourth in it, since i imagine by the time it comes out they might have reached that point in the anime. (it depends on how much stretching they do like the usopp snipe episode)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
don't think we'll be getting a dub of this because of the fact they aren't caught up. the movie will probably have gear fourth in it, since i imagine by the time it comes out they might have reached that point in the anime. (it depends on how much stretching they do like the usopp snipe episode)

We got a dub of Film Z. "Not being caught up" doesn't seem to be an issue.
Hell, they did Strong World before they released Thriller Bark. Hence the first appearance of English Dub Brook was the movie rather than the show.

Squishy3

We got a dub of Film Z. "Not being caught up" doesn't seem to be an issue.
Hell, they did Strong World before they released Thriller Bark. Hence the first appearance of English Dub Brook was the movie rather than the show.
oh, i didn't know they dubbed film z. i don't keep up with that stuff so yeah

Tizoc

So about Kuina and Tashigi; when will Oda get around to putting focus on Zoro and the swords? I can get them not being the same person, maybe even sisters separated at birth, but it's something that I want to see resolved sometime soon.
Incidentally enough, Oda drew a Kid Tashigi in one of the SBS
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_68
Ctrl+F Tashigi to see her as a child, she's seen wearing glasses.

Also I blame OP Musou 3 for not reminding me of Hina :V

Finally, Oda should have the crew arrive at Sniper Island at one point.

RomanceDawn

So about Kuina and Tashigi; when will Oda get around to putting focus on Zoro and the swords? I can get them not being the same person, maybe even sisters separated at birth, but it's something that I want to see resolved sometime soon.
Incidentally enough, Oda drew a Kid Tashigi in one of the SBS
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/SBS_Volume_68
Ctrl+F Tashigi to see her as a child, she's seen wearing glasses.

Also I blame OP Musou 3 for not reminding me of Hina :V

Finally, Oda should have the crew arrive at Sniper Island at one point.

In an interview with the English Shonen Jump Oda was asked questions from fans. One of them was about Tashigi and Kuina. Oda said something to the effect of, "they just look alike, it's not like they are secretly the same person or anything."

I'm sure it will be touched upon again but i can't imagine it will be some amazing revelation that connects the two. Then again maybe there will be!

In an interview with the English Shonen Jump Oda was asked questions from fans. One of them was about Tashigi and Kuina. Oda said something to the effect of, "they just look alike, it's not like they are secretly the same person or anything."

I'm sure it will be touched upon again but i can't imagine it will be some amazing revelation that connects the two. Then again maybe there will be!

It's been so long, I don't really see the importance of a sudden revelation like that.

Oda always surprises though, so we'll see...

The swerve is that it's just a massive coincidence.

A massive coincidence that
KUINA IS THE FINAL VILLAIN AND INSERTED HER SOUL INTO TASHIGI
Chapter 1000 Reveal:

Zoro: But...why...?

Kuina: I faked my death because I realized I would never take over the dojo. NOW THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE MY DOJO.

What if.

I'm saying what if.

Kuina is actually Kuro, who changed gender thanks to Ivankov, and then turned evil, and as he/she was ready to start pirating as Captain Black, he/she split her soul with the help of Vegapunk, so that she could also live on as Tashigi, who has no memories of past events. It is also likely that she is Luffy's mother, and that Crocodile was her sister, who has also had a gender change. It's also worth mentioning that Coby is actually Kuina's and Crocodile's incest son, who they gave birth to before Crocodile had a gender change.

I have very reliable anonymous sources behind this theory. It's from a Reddit post made ten years ago that has since been deleted but is totally real.

#onepiececommunity

Kuina ate the stairs stairs fruit. What actually happened is that she turned into the stairs and left her body. With the stairs stairs fruit she was able to build a "stairway to heaven" and is now chilling on the moon with Enel. It's clear that In chapter 1240 they will both return together and form a Led Zepplin cover band with Brook. My source is Oda's mum.

Chariot

Kuina ate the stairs stairs fruit. What actually happened is that she turned into the stairs and left her body. With the stairs stairs fruit she was able to build a "stairway to heaven" and is now chilling on the moon with Enel. It's clear that In chapter 1240 they will both return together and form a Led Zepplin cover band with Brook. My source is Oda's mum.
Enels greatest weapon is neither Mantra nor thunder. It's NTR.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Enel is going to come back with the weapon Uranus and an army of moon people, and connect the Fairy Vearth legend to the Void Century in an epic intertwining of plot threads

I'll leave this post here and quote it when it happens

Entropia

No One Remembers
A massive coincidence that
KUINA IS THE FINAL VILLAIN AND INSERTED HER SOUL INTO TASHIGI
Chapter 1000 Reveal:

Zoro: But...why...?

Kuina: I faked my death because I realized I would never take over the dojo. NOW THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE MY DOJO.

"It's actually Tash D. Gi"

Man, I was watching some of the older openings of the anime just now, and I noticed Doflamingo showed up in the 4th opening of all things. That got me curious to see how long ago he was even introduced. Looking on the One Piece wiki, it was as far back as chapter 233. That was over 500 chapters ago. Considering an average of about 50 chapters a year, that at LEAST makes his first appearance 11 years, and that's being generous. When accounting for the amount of breaks Oda has had to take in recent years, plus normal Jump breaks, that puts him closer to being almost 12-13 years old since his introduction as a character. He's been in the series longer than even now-series mainstays like Franky, Brooke, and Law. It just blows my mind. There are young fans of the series who were born after Doflamingo was introduced and are old enough to read the series now. And now he's finally down for the count. It's only now just sinking in how long of a process that's been.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, I remember long ago reading up on One Piece when we were just getting it in America, and learning about the "Shichibukai" during that one chapter where they introduced both him and Kuma (who everyone called "Bear" back then) before they got big.

Of course, I recall there's a rather infamous "Duwangism" of that infamous panel showing the Shichibukai where they've translated the names from Chinese.

Big One

Banned
Since we're posting theories...here's one:

Usopp will be the first to leave the Strawhats.

It'll happen on Sniper Island aka the homeland of his father Yasopp. It won't be on bad terms (more like bittersweet). It'll be a very sad moment.

Usopp will get a very high bounty after Dressrosa, potentially higher than Luffy's. His name will become notorious across the New World and he'll become a famous pirate, even more-so than his father.

He creates a massive crew of various gladiators and dwarves from Dressrosa, samurai from Wano, giants from Elbaf, and snipers from Sniper Island and eventually comes back towards the end to help the the Strawhats in the Great Pirate War.

Not only that but he'll become a Yonkou before Luffy after
Shanks and Kaido die.

Man, I was watching some of the older openings of the anime just now, and I noticed Doflamingo showed up in the 4th opening of all things. That got me curious to see how long ago he was even introduced. Looking on the One Piece wiki, it was as far back as chapter 233. That was over 500 chapters ago. Considering an average of about 50 chapters a year, that at LEAST makes his first appearance 11 years, and that's being generous. When accounting for the amount of breaks Oda has had to take in recent years, plus normal Jump breaks, that puts him closer to being almost 12-13 years old since his introduction as a character. He's been in the series longer than even now-series mainstays like Franky, Brooke, and Law. It just blows my mind. There are young fans of the series who were born after Doflamingo was introduced and are old enough to read the series now. And now he's finally down for the count. It's only now just sinking in how long of a process that's been.

Yeah, Doflamingo had the highest known bounty for years until the New World. It was unthinkable of Luffy one day facing someone that powerful at that point in the story.

Yeah, Doflamingo had the highest known bounty for years until the New World. It was unthinkable of Luffy one day facing someone that powerful at that point in the story.

I always thought he'd be one of the last guys he fought. I thought he'd be the puppetmaster orchestrating the whole thing for his ends.

Glad I was mistaken but, man it's been forever huh, think about it, Alabasta JUST ended when he was introduced.

Big One

Banned
I've always loved Doflamingo's design tbh, even back then. He was just so boss, and Jaya established Oda had big plans for him. I do think Oda's forgotten Bellamy's whole rant about a New Age of piracy as that character doesn't resonate with Doflamingo in the current arc. To be fair we only really know Doflamingo as a tyrant more-so than his piracy so far. There's still a lot of mystery there.

Since we're posting theories...here's one:

Usopp will be the first to leave the Strawhats.

It'll happen on Sniper Island aka the homeland of his father Yasopp. It won't be on bad terms (more like bittersweet). It'll be a very sad moment.

Usopp will get a very high bounty after Dressrosa, potentially higher than Luffy's. His name will become notorious across the New World and he'll become a famous pirate, even more-so than his father.

He creates a massive crew of various gladiators and dwarves from Dressrosa, samurai from Wano, giants from Elbaf, and snipers from Sniper Island and eventually comes back towards the end to help the the Strawhats in the Great Pirate War.

Not only that but he'll become a Yonkou before Luffy after
Shanks and Kaido die.
nobody is ever going to permanently leave the strawhats. In fact, I doubt we'll get something like Ennies Lobby with temporary leaves either. The whole point of Ennies Lobby was to test the crew's bonds and ultimately lead to them coming out stronger than ever

Big One

Banned
nobody is ever going to permanently leave the strawhats. In fact, I doubt we'll get something like Ennies Lobby with temporary leaves either. The whole point of Ennies Lobby was to test the crew's bonds and ultimately lead to them coming out stronger than ever
Yeah but with the Strawhats getting so much support it's prob better to split the crew up into various factions in the final war. Luffy needs a real army to face off against the Marines, Blackbeard, and potentially others as well. Usoop's dream is to become a great pirate and to be captain of his own crew, and I feel the best way to do that is to legitimately split him off at some point and end up allying himself back with Luffy ala the Heart Pirates creating this huge Usopp-Strawhat-Heart Pirate Alliance.

Usopp won't be removed from the story, he'll just be like Law. Captain of his own crew, but still actively involved with the story.

Usopp captaining his own crew WILL happen. It's part of his goal. It's just a matter of when not if.

Luffy and Usopp are also the closest to each other, so he'd trust Usopp to be a great captain to split off the armies they're both going to use against the Marines out of them al. Maybe Zoro as well.

Yeah but with the Strawhats getting so much support it's prob better to split the crew up into various factions in the final war. Luffy needs a real army to face off against the Marines, Blackbeard, and potentially others as well. Usoop's dream is to become a great pirate and to be captain of his own crew, and I feel the best way to do that is to legitimately split him off at some point and end up allying himself back with Luffy ala the Heart Pirates creating this huge Usopp-Strawhat-Heart Pirate Alliance.

Usopp won't be removed from the story, he'll just be like Law. Captain of his own crew, but still actively involved with the story.

Not going to happen. Especially since he's become even closer after leaving the first time. Though I could see the strawhats meeting a pirate captain whose name just happens to be Usopp, or something really similar sounding at least

I've been rereading the whole series, so I have dumb theories/predictions out the ass.

-Van Auger is from Sniper Island.
-Doc Q is a bacteria zoan.
-The seventh shichibukai is Pandaman. He will never do anything in the story.
-Buggy will become a yonko.
-Big Mom will not get a protracted arc where she's the main villain.

RomanceDawn

Usopp does not want to sail the sea without Luffy. Usopp will gain an outrageous amount of followers, that is absolutely certain. As a matter of fact I can guarantee you that each of the Straw hats will be leading massive armies into the final world war. Usopp will not be unique in this aspect but he just may have more direct followers than anyone else. If you think about it he's been gaining followers since Skypiea and it's only going to increase until the number reaches 8,000 or what ever he said during his introduction. It'll probably go way above that too and being that famous I am certain he will gain Conquerors Haki.

Brook: Laboon's family of massive island whales, long arms and rabbid music fans.
Jinbe: Fishmen, Mermen and whale sharks.
Sanji: Okamas and reformed marines.

And well you get the idea. Of course Bartolomeo, Cavendish and many more will be leading their own fleets.

Throw in an ancient weapon for each side in the war(Straw Hats, Black Beards, Government) and you've got the ultimate climax to the series.

Usopp's dream is to be a brave warrior of the sea by the way, not to be a captain.

-The seventh shichibukai is Pandaman. He will never do anything in the story.

This would be pretty fantastic.

Not quite the same, but I've wondered if the warlord system could end up being abolished before we find out who the mystery warlord is (potentially giving them a reason to target Luffy, since his defeat of Doflamingo would have played a key role in their status being taken from them). I doubt it'd happen until Reverie, and that's probably pretty far out, but who knows.

Yeah, I remember long ago reading up on One Piece when we were just getting it in America, and learning about the "Shichibukai" during that one chapter where they introduced both him and Kuma (who everyone called "Bear" back then) before they got big.

Of course, I recall there's a rather infamous "Duwangism" of that infamous panel showing the Shichibukai where they've translated the names from Chinese.
I always thought he'd be one of the last guys he fought. I thought he'd be the puppetmaster orchestrating the whole thing for his ends.

Glad I was mistaken but, man it's been forever huh, think about it, Alabasta JUST ended when he was introduced.

All I remember is that as soon as he was introduced, I knew I badly wanted him to become a main villain. I feel like the best One Piece personalities have big personalities: characters who ambitions and ideals as grand as Luffy, and with a level of menace and malice to counteract Luffy's happy-go-lucky nature. Characters like Arlong, Crocodile, and Enel have been some of my favorite villains in the entire series, and as soon as I saw Doflamingo, I knew he had potential. I'm glad to say that, as uneven as the whole Dressarosa arc was, he completely lived up to and in some ways even surpassed my expectations for him in a "main villain" role. Now once Blackbeard and Kaidou become main villains, I'll be set.

I've always loved Doflamingo's design tbh, even back then. He was just so boss, and Jaya established Oda had big plans for him. I do think Oda's forgotten Bellamy's whole rant about a New Age of piracy as that character doesn't resonate with Doflamingo in the current arc. To be fair we only really know Doflamingo as a tyrant more-so than his piracy so far. There's still a lot of mystery there.

Agreed on the sick design, but I don't think anything Bellemy ever said anything that conflicts with what we know about his relationship with Doflamingo at the time. Bellemy was just some punk pirate who Doflamingo, supposedly on a whim, decided to let use his pirate insignia. All Bellemy saw at the time was that Doflamingo was a man who had the strength to get whatever he wanted. It wasn't until after Bellemy lost to Luffy and actually saw Doflamingo closer to his true self that he changed as a person and understood that even Doflamingo was a man who had ideals and dreams of his own. It's why Luffy and Bellemy can even be friends now, since Bellemy can now understand why people have ideals they have to live by. Even when they're as awful as Doflamingo's.

CNkaRgiUwAAIgvS.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ngH1vdTx4

This is an emotional combination. :_:

TheShah

Buggy is going to have a badass moment, where Mihawk or some shit is going to cover his sword in his strongest haki and still can't cut Buggy. Then Shanks will be like "Don't underestimate members of the Roger pirates" and all Buggy fans will lose their shit.

Tizoc

So I'm reading random chapters of the manga
OP Musou 3 made me want to go re-read the series and I got a question

Who are Hina's subordinates again? I know one of them is Django (well I remembered upon read the chapter), but who's the other guy? My mind's drawing a blank @_@

Who are Hina's subordinates again? I know one of them is Django (well I remembered upon read the chapter), but who's the other guy? My mind's drawing a blank @_@

It's the handsome dude who got beat up in no time flat at the beginning of the Baratie arc. He was trying to impress a girl and Sanji screwed him over and made him look like a fool.

Tizoc

It's the handsome dude who got beat up in no time flat at the beginning of the Baratie arc. He was trying to impress a girl and Sanji screwed him over and made him look like a fool.

I vaguely remember that dude hah. I do remember the guy that Sanji gave food to who was also one of Don Krieg's men though.

Spoilers out for 2 pages.
Let's see...
--------------
Luffy: I kick you--!!!
--
Luffy: I beat you up--!!!
--
Luffy: I kick and beat you up!!!

I attack !!!
-- the head!!!
-- I stamp you out!!!
-- gwaa!!!

Barto: Gya--- At a time like this, and he really hasn't to fight...!!!
Sai: Shall we go helping him!!?

Zoro: It's according to what Luffy's opinion is like, but what's with him? He's fighting a strange fight since then!!!
Luffy (?): Wah!
Luffy: I won't run anymore!!! Hah...
Isshou: Yes, it seems you have a good power to only speak out things...! This will is good, but....!!!

Luffy senpai!!!!!! Oooo man i dont even care we can stay in dressrosa a little longer for this

Edit:
Wth? Lol what is luffy doing is that translation legit? Lmao

Its just someone doing the translation. But yeah he's actually doing that. He's pissed, but something seems off. It's probably, because Fuji is blind lol.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

The other guy is named Fullybody.

I don't think he's done anything important since then---and I think Django isn't even with the marines anymore, because I'm reading Punk Hazard and there's a cover page with him looking disheveled and placing knives into wanter posters? Hina hasn't appeared forever it seems anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom