• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oh yeah I remember the name Fullbody.
Hina was mainly a side character, but I do hope we get to see her again soon.
Heck Hatchan's starfish friend showed up previously in a cover story before he had a role in 2 story arcs.

Oh yeah I remember the name Fullbody.
Hina was mainly a side character, but I do hope we get to see her again soon.
Heck Hatchan's starfish friend showed up previously in a cover story before he had a role in 2 story arcs.

Fullbody and Django meeting and joining forces was actually a cover story mini-arc

CNkaRgiUwAAIgvS.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59ngH1vdTx4

This is an emotional combination. :_:
Fuck.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's spelled Jango. One page of his cover story shows his Wanted Poster and there's no D.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh, you're right...the Cover Art I saw for Chapter 659 who I thought was Jango looking disheveled and out-of-work was actually "Disco", due to the sunglasses I confused them.

BatDan

Oh, you're right...the Cover Art I saw for Chapter 659 who I thought was Jango looking disheveled and out-of-work was actually "Disco", due to the sunglasses I confused them.

Ah yes, the guy that ran the slave auction.
Interesting note, if you go back and read his conversation with Doffy after everything goes crazy, Doffy mentions the "future is in smiles".

RomanceDawn

Ah yes, the guy that ran the slave auction.
Interesting note, if you go back and read his conversation with Doffy after everything goes crazy, Doffy mentions the "future is in smiles".

Doffy's motives and dealings were being alluded to as far back has his introduction. Oda is pretty amazing at just lining things up and then putting them on the back burner until they are ready.

Tizoc

Man Kaku was such a different dude before you know
iF7Leur.jpg

iT'S LIKe a completely different character.

I confess I never expected the CP9 members to be those characters and that was a total mind fuck to me XP

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Lucci is downright evil looking, that's why. Same with Blueno from the Bar and Kalifa. It's Kaku who breaks your heart.

Jay RaR

I do wonder why Lucci learned ventriloquism. For such a serious looking guy and a rather cold personality to have both a cute pet pigeon and teaching it to open it's mouth while Lucci ventriloquizes kinda puzzles me.

BatDan

I do wonder why Lucci learned ventriloquism. For such a serious looking guy and a rather cold personality to have both a cute pet pigeon and teaching it to open it's mouth while Lucci ventriloquizes kinda puzzles me.

Either it's part of his disguise, or he's unable to act like a shipwright in his normal voice.

Dugna

Either it's part of his disguise, or he's unable to act like a shipwright in his normal voice.

Probably couldn't act, I mean his normal voice with his attitude scared people even when he was a kid. So he went for a weird guy who talks through something, so people would think of his whole character mostly as a odd only.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Man Kaku was such a different dude before you know
iF7Leur.jpg

iT'S LIKe a completely different character.

I confess I never expected the CP9 members to be those characters and that was a total mind fuck to me XP

I thought he was going to be the next crew member :/ loved that dude before he showed his true colors

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I suspected Lucci or Paulie at first, then Paulie seemed like a no brainer after the reveal. Never in a million years expected Franky of all people to join. He was straight up the villain of Water 7 before CP9 showed up. They even did an Arlong Park March 2.0 on his house. Robin was a villain too, but she never did anything to the Straw Hats.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The CP9 seemed to have reformed somewhat in their Cover Arc, I think it'd be great if when they return they legitimately act like their undercover selves again.

Holy crap this chapter.

I'm expecting Luffy to pull a Luffy and outright reject them. They'd probably ignore his decision anyway. Lol

Still tho. It's amazing to see how far Luffy has gotten. He's got himself an army.

Also Lmfao at Fuji's laugh face.

I love One Piece

smurfx

get some go again
why are we using spoilers if the chapter is out already?
what about those pirates who consider usopp god? are they gonna follow him as well? what about the whitebeard pirates? you think they will join the alliance as well? i also want buggy to join the alliance. in fact i want to see him get credit for defeating kaidou. emperor buggy will be his next title.

why are we using spoilers if the chapter is out already?
what about those pirates who consider usopp god? are they gonna follow him as well? what about the whitebeard pirates? you think they will join the alliance as well?

The pirates that call ussop god most likely under the seven of them who want to join luffy in a alliance .

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So Luffy's gonna be like the New Era's Roger and Whitebeard? Jeebus.

With these scrubs, maybe the New World Don Krieg. You want real ass followers you gotta go with the Warlord Buggy. He was one of Rodger's trusted crew members! Best Friend of the Emperor Shanks! Liberator of Impel Down!

smurfx

get some go again
So Luffy's gonna be like the New Era's Roger and Whitebeard? Jeebus.
both whitebeard and roger were good pirates so it makes sense for luffy to take on their role. blackbeard will be the dark version of luffy and gather all the evil pirates to him and they will have an epic fight.

With these scrubs, maybe the New World Don Krieg. You want real ass followers you gotta go with the Warlord Buggy. He was one of Rodger's trusted crew members! Best Friend of the Emperor Shanks! Liberator of Impel Down!

I find it hilarious that everyone was agonizing over who would join the crew and then Oda's like;

fTTBLia.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I want a Shanks flashback at some point, from when he was becoming a yonko.

Right now we know so little about his crew. Also he doesn't seem to protect any territories or get as many mentions as the others. But Ben Beckman alone scared off Kizaru at Marineford.

Kornflayx

Oh shit, it's happening

7drHiqr.gif

Amazing chapter. Fujitora the ultimate badass who
took his own eyesight, so he doesn't have to see all the evil anymore.
So good

Chapter 800 will be epic

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
And to think that this all came about from Usopp "defeating" Sugar the first time around. He truly is God Usopp, King of Snipers.

Big One

Banned
If Oda is doing the fleet thing this early I have a feeling Wano will be a war arc ala Marineford but on a smaller scale.

ffdgh

Wow wasn't expecting this to happen so soon. Something big is coming up it seems...

Nice to see the towns folk aren't complete idiots lol.

Big One

Banned
could be where the battle with kaido begins.
Absolutely. He's pretty much telegraphed that shit. Kaido's design even is very Japanese in style.

I also think Jinbe has ties in Wano as well (wears a kimono afterall) so we might get some backstory on him there before he joins the crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom