• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagnarokX

Luffy might turn them down; but then again he didn't turn down Law... And even if he did turn them down it would be sloppy writing to have this development amount to nothing and Oda is better than that.

Chariot

So Luffy's gonna be like the New Era's Roger and Whitebeard? Jeebus.
Yo be fair, he is neither the only nor the first who collects giant sized followers. Plus his crew was tiny anyways.

I qm looking forward to larges scale battle arcs where the strawhats have giant force behind them.

Whitebeard had 43 allied crews. Luffy will be gaining lots more through several arcs. Number of underlings will be the new measurement of power to replace bounty?

Luffy is a lot of things, but he's not stupid, he knew he needed an alliance to take down a Yonko, he knows he needs allies now to take down the world, who he's effectively challenged. He won't be Whitebeard where they directly follow him and his commands, but they'll follow him and act under his banner and liberate islands and territories to be put under his protection, imo.

Zeppu

Luffy will just ignore them so Usopp will step in and will become their captain. That'd put another one of his lies about 2/3s of the way there.

KHlover

Banned
Luffy is a lot of things, but he's not stupid, he knew he needed an alliance to take down a Yonko, he knows he needs allies now to take down the world, who he's effectively challenged. He won't be Whitebeard where they directly follow him and his commands, but they'll follow him and act under his banner and liberate islands and territories to be put under his protection, imo.

Think so, too. To be able to seriously challenge a Yonko Luffy NEEDS a crew. If only to keep their fleet off his back while he attacks the flagship.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That ending was quite hype...it doesnt really matter what Luffy says - they will follow him or work in his name somehow. Just doesnt make sense for Oda to set it up in this Chapter and the whole Arc only for Luffy to turn them down. Characters. Its the best thing Oda can do for Pirates like Bartolomeo who are quite popular with the fans but wont be part of the Main Crew.

I dont see a problem either since they wont be part of the Maincrew.

I find it hilarious that everyone was agonizing over who would join the crew and then Oda's like;

fTTBLia.gif
Hahaha, this. I'm surprised Cavendish agreed.

Was Luffy really pitying Fujitora or waa it an act? I got confused.

No chapter next week meaning 800 is gonna be quite hype imo.

Metal B

Of course, this needed to happen and gives the whole arc a great finish. Know everybody can become part of Luffy's crew and some Rookies will properly join him, too.

I wouldn't be surprised, if Gol. D. Roger also had a bigger fleet, but rejected them as well as his normal crew to protect them from the aftermath.

Holy crap, the Strawhat fleet is finally assembled. Luffy's definitely rising up the ranks now. I'm thinking the mist there is somehow connected to his dad. Also Fujitora's a cool admiral, that pfft face, think Im gonna miss him when this arc finally reaches it end.

So good that Leo is coming. The dwarves are easily one of the best things about Dressrosa.

I wonder how big the Yonta Maria is compared to the Moby Dick.

And Luffy just stops Fujitora's sword with his hand. Laaaame.

Ugh, prepare for more breaks and 13-14 page chapters again.

Yep I think this chap was like 13 pages. No OP next week.

Other than that it looks like that 2ch prediction the straw hats will be the largest group of pirates in the New World is coming to pass.
Pretty sure the WB pirates are on that list to help Luffy as well. And if they do go after Kaidou I def can see Moria allying with the Straw Hats.

Chariot

Hahaha, this. I'm surprised Cavendish agreed.

Was Luffy really pitying Fujitora or waa it an act? I got confused.

No chapter next week meaning 800 is gonna be quite hype imo.
I think it wasn't pitying, in that case he wouldn't hit him at all. Luffy wanted a fair fight, completely ignoring that Fujitora is probably a lot stronger than him eyes or not.

Metal B

Luffy is eventually going to unite all pirates against the wg and/or the revolutionaries at the rate he's going
Not all but many except the bad ones, which will side with Blackbeard. I can't for example see Kid joining the Straw Hat fleet.

If Luffy accept the fleet, i assume, that this will be in the news and encourage other pirates to ally with him as well. Especially after taking down a Yonko some former Whiteboard pirates, Rookies (Bonney, Law, Urouge, X. Drake, Apoo) and Shichibukai (Crocodile, Moriah, Hancock) will properly join him. And to make Usopp lies come true, Luffy will have him manage the fleet, since he is the best strategist and politician in the crew.

Biggest wildcard in One Piece is Enel, who is still in the game and, i guess, found one of the Ancient Weapons on the moon.

I think it wasn't pitying, in that case he wouldn't hit him at all. Luffy wanted a fair fight, completely ignoring that Fujitora is probably a lot stronger than him eyes or not.

I think it's more that Luffy never uses excessive force and didn't know how to fight him. Luffy doesn't just go around killing people who stand in his way.

Chariot

I think it's more that Luffy never uses excessive force and didn't know how to fight him. Luffy doesn't just go around killing people who stand in his way.
Sure, but what I was replying to, he isn't pitying Fujitora. If he would, he wouldn't try to hit him at all and just... not fight or push him back slightly.

hunnies28

Oh that Ussop fleet going to become true! It just has to.

Also, whats this about a bad translation? I never realized there was a good one. Guess I'll never now.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Also, whats this about a bad translation? I never realized there was a good one. Guess I'll never now.

There are 2 scans

The one you wake up to are rushed
The ones you sleep to are fine wine

beardedmoose

Neo Member

I really want to believe this is going to be the case. Making Ussop manage the fleet would be a smart move and would make this situation more believable, given Luffy's crappy ability to order people around.

Here's hoping that Oda doesn't let us down.

upandaway

Well he going to need the numbers when he fighting the yonkos .
Even if you just here about them fighting off screen.
It's not just the numbers either, these guys ended up being stronger than Doflamingo's top people so they're definitely worth something.

I'm hoping for each of the main SH members to get their own mini fleet, and not just put everyone under Luffy.

Kater

Banned
O.O

509b064753374aacea9da27d0730042d.jpg

It finally happened! The big alliance. And Luffy will be their dad as Whitebeard was for his family. Yess!

Also, I can't wait to see the Brogy and Dorry again. Long time since we last saw them.

Kreed

Not really sure what to make of the parent child relationship. Obviously this needs to happen for Luffy to reach true pirate king status, but story telling wise this could be bad news for those of us who enjoy reading about the Straw Hats. We'll have to see how much panel time Oda gives the "children" going forward/how often Oda resorts to splitting up the crew to keep things from getting out of hand with side characters.

Usually the first scanlations of Bleach and One Piece (and the Naruto specials) released and picked up by the manga scanlation sites are done by a speed translation group that are trying to release the chapters before anyone else, so they make tons of translation mistakes because they don't care about quality vs their chapter being picked up by these sites. Later in the day/week you get other scanlation groups releasing better chapters/the official Viz release, but unfortunately many people just read the first one and go about their business until next week.

Lol no, the perspective on that image is all wrong. It's definitely not Thriller Bark-sized, but might be close to Moby Dick.

Really comparing the size of the crew on the Moby Dick to the people in front of the Maria I scaled the Maria way smaller than I could. If the perspective is wrong it's because Oda is messing with us. Luffy is even shocked by how gigantic it is.

Sesha

Gokou Luffy, neat. I wonder if the Whitebeard pirates will end up joining the alliance.

Luffy going HAM. Damn.

Law is way too high in this poll. 2nd place? Over Zoro? Come on now. Though I like that Crocodile is so high. Even beat out Doflamingo in his own arc lol.

Law's meteoric rise to second place isn't surprising. He's a fan girl bait-type character like a lot of Naruto and Bleach characters. Ace still has his usual spot of 5-6th, I see. The fangirls putting in their usual efforts.

Seeing the Supernova be so low makes me wish Oda would do more with them soon. They really should be more significant. And hopefully Law's crew will reappear. Their absence is pretty jarring, and they need to be there to weigh up for the angst of Law's plot and backstory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom