• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Gokou Luffy, neat. I wonder if the Whitebeard pirates will end up joining the alliance.

Law's meteoric rise to second place isn't surprising. He's a fan girl bait-type character like a lot of Naruto and Bleach characters. Ace still has his usual spot of 5-6th, I see. The fangirls putting in their usual efforts.

Seeing the Supernova be so low makes me wish Oda would do more with them soon. They really should be more significant. And hopefully Law's crew will reappear. Their absence is pretty jarring, and they need to be there to weigh up for the angst of Law's plot and backstory.

The more surprising fact is Sanji being so popular after so many months without appearing and years of irrelevance story/fightin-wise.

Sesha

The more surprising fact is Sanji being so popular after so many months without appearing and years of irrelevance story/fightin-wise.

Sanji has a dedicated fanbase. All of the characters who regularly place in the same spot on the pools do, like Ace. Don't underestimate the dedication of Japanese fanbases.

daveo42

Banned
That was quite the bump in crew Luffy's got there. I kind of expected a larger alliance at the end of the arc, but not 5600 crew. Anyone else expecting Luffy to flat out say no right off the bat?

What do you think Oda has, if anything, planned for 800? Still too early for a yonko announcement in my mind.

Magwik

Banned
I hope Oda sticks with it. This is probably the best time to introduce it. Also, Fujitora's laughing face is pure gold

If he was going to save something really epic for 800 it would have been the Kaidou reveal. 800 is probably just going to be leaving Dressrosa or catching up with other characters.

Tizoc

If he was going to save something really epic for 800 it would have been the Kaidou reveal. 800 is probably just going to be leaving Dressrosa or catching up with other characters.

Jinbe should show up in the last pages with a bunch of seakings, join the SH and tells them that the Sea kings are under Luffy's command.

Also we get a quick sneak peak at the new bounties :p

Chapter 799 is not early, lol. We are past the middle of the story by now and Luffy's path from now on is already defined.

I didn't expect a Straw Hat Pirate alliance megacrew until near the tail-end of the storyline, and knowing Luffy's unpredictable nature, that could still happen.

But thanks for your condescending response.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"I am Captain Usopp, I have 8000 followers ready at my beck and call!"
Oda you magnificent bastard.

Yeah they're all following Luffy, but God Usopp is part of Luffy's crew.

At least the people of Dressrosa aren't actually idiots, they knew everything all along.

"Yonta Maria" I see what you did there.

Tizoc

"I am Captain Usopp, I have 8000 followers ready at my beck and call!"
Oda you magnificent bastard.

Yeah they're all following Luffy, but God Usopp is part of Luffy's crew.

At least the people of Dressrosa aren't actually idiots, they knew everything all along.
Thing is...Luffy's an idiot, and Usopp is crafty, once that becomes clear, chances are the armada will just follow whatever Usopp says.
Case in point: THE ISLAND OF NEVER ENDING MEAT IS PAST THIS DANGEROUS TYPHOON.
Luffy: CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!
Usopp: Go back to the previous island

Who do you think the the new crew will follow based on above scenario :V

Lunar15

I love it.

I just fucking love it. I've been waiting for the Straw Hat Army for some time now. I wonder how Law will fall into this. Will be be #8? Or will they just be two allied groups?

They say they drew by lottery but the orders of the numbers is exactly how i would but it strength wise. But man am i hyped!!! I laugh at the people yelling fodder when this arc began

Tizoc

I love it.

I just fucking love it. I've been waiting for the Straw Hat Army for some time now. I wonder how Law will fall into this. Will be be #8? Or will they just be two allied groups?

He'll unknowingly have joined them when he wakes up to get breakfast with the group, get in one of their usual arguments, get out on the deck of the ship, sees the SH army and a shock comes to his mind: I've joined Monkey D. Luffy's crew.
RiP in peace Law's sanity.

Syntsui

I love it.

I think Law is a lock and maybe Jimbe won't be a regular strawhat, but will command some fishmen army.

I love it.

For now Law will probably still act as an equal partner rather than a subordinate I imagine

Ah, there it is!!!!

I feel like I've been waiting for this chapter for a long time since they really need a fleet for the New World. Now, I'm expecting Luffy to start the next chapter by saying "NO!" but someone will talk sense into him.

BOOOO Bart being the #2 fleet captain.

YEAH for Luffy calling out his attacks since he's fighting a blind man : )

Ah, there it is!!!!

I feel like I've been waiting for this chapter for a long time since they really need a fleet for the New World. Now, I'm expecting Luffy to start the next chapter by saying "NO!" but someone will talk sense into him.

the numbers were decided by lottery

Ah, there it is!!!!

I could easily see Luffy say no initially for some really silly reason like "I don't want to be your Dad. I don't even know my own dad" until someone explains it to him in a way he can actually understand

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Here we have it, finally the justification for spending so much time naming and introducing the coliseum entrants. I do like the idea that Luffy tells them all to fuck off, and Usopp becomes the actual fleet leader.

I wouldn't worry about focusing too much on the new people, though, I have the feeling they'll establish the fleet here and then scatter pretty much immediately, only to reform way later.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I did NOT expect the chapter to take a turn like that. I was expecting a huge fight.

Of course there's no chapter next week!!!

This is going to be interesting. Given Luffy's reaction last chapter with refusing to fight, I think he has matured and realized he needs numbers for the shit he's about to get into. He's going to seriously welcome him to the Straw Hat crew and explain in detail their plans.

Lunar15

I think it's just crazy I've been thinking about what Luffy's alliance would be ever since we saw Whitebeard's commanders, and never in a million years would I have thought of the current group of crazies. I love it!!!!

Raxus

Man, I know Luffy is going to turn them down but the thought of a fleet behind Luffy is just so good.

Poor Sanji and company are going to be so lost when they meet back up.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So, are we in agreement that Issho's sword was fed a devil fruit, and it's not him that's the user? 100% of his gravity feats have used the sword, he even called out "Gravity Blade" before bustin that mountain today. One Piece wiki seems to think Issho himself is the user, but I dunnoooo.

ffdgh

Now to wait for law to somehow be roped into the fleet by force. It's gonna happen either way even if it's unofficial lol.

I doubt it's the sword. he was using it while eating ramen.

I just can't can't see Luffy seriously expecting those pirates to call him pops or old man like he was Whitebeard. If he drinks with them they at least have to call him big brother or something but would he accept that. I see this discussion is heading towards using the dreaded N word that is special to One Piece so be careful out there boys and girls.

Lunar15

I wonder if Hancock will ever renounce her Sichibukai status and officially join this alliance? I mean, Oda has to work her back into the plot somehow, she's a super popular character that isn't dead.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So, are we in agreement that Issho's sword was fed a devil fruit, and it's not him that's the user? 100% of his gravity feats have used the sword, he even called out "Gravity Blade" before bustin that mountain today. One Piece wiki seems to think Issho himself is the user, but I dunnoooo.

I've felt that was the case for a while.
Maybe Oda will answer in an SBS soon.

Chariot

Well, OP wiki doesn't know more than we do and him having a devil fruits is of coruse the first thought. I agree though, that it could be very likely that his sword is the fruituser.

I expect a major plot point in Wano or just in the Samurais back story to be about how the sword techniques work separately to haki or devil fruits. Funkfreed actually physically transformed and Brook could use soul solid ice moves just after having his blade sharpened. And speaking of swordsmen Ryokugyu is probably the most epic character we have heard of who hasn't been introduced.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I find it hilarious that everyone was agonizing over who would join the crew and then Oda's like;

fTTBLia.gif

JQNAqwd.gif

Even though it's been predicted for a long time now, I still can't believe it's actually happening. Luffy is getting a fleet, unless he turns them down.

Fujitora also continues to be a fascinating character. I do wonder what event actually pushed him to take his own eyesight however because I doubt it was just on a whim of not wanting to see evil.

upandaway

Fujitora also continues to be a fascinating character. I do wonder what event actually pushed him to take his own eyesight however because I doubt it was just on a whim of not wanting to see evil.
I was gonna say the same thing until he said "well dang I wish I didn't do that so I could look at this pirate", which made me take back my curiosity

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I wonder if Hancock will ever renounce her Sichibukai status and officially join this alliance? I mean, Oda has to work her back into the plot somehow, she's a super popular character that isn't dead.

This alliance can't protect her island (unless they literally camp out there), so I'm guessing no until near the end of manga where it's no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom