• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

I thought the same thing. I always saw him drinking out of mugs with the rest of the crew. Maybe it was just milk.

Well, he did exchange sake cup with Sabo and Ace, and when the first 5 got united they clearly celebrated with Ale/Beer (They even did it above the barrel).

I just think he rarely drinks because that is Zoro´s thing.

SalvaPot

Well, he could just not enjoy drinking alcohol and just does it ceremonial. Luffy is still more kid than adult after all.

I do think he just doesn´t like the taste of it, I myself really dislike the taste of alcohol, I only like sweet ones low in alcohol, like say, Khalua, and only if mixed with milk.

Chariot

I do think he just doesn´t like the taste of it, I myself really dislike the taste of alcohol, I only like sweet ones low in alcohol, like say, Khalua, and only if mixed with milk.
He really looks like a juice boy to me (and that's fine!).

We know Zoro and Nami love drinking cheap alcohol. I suspect Robin and Sanji are more the type that drink wine. Ussop enjoys drinking at parties, but don't drink regularily. Chopper and Brook should definitly not touch alcohol. Although it doesn't matter in the latters case. Franky could drink alcohol, but I guess he is just too cola addicted to do so.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
It goes all the way back to Romance Dawn, when Shanks made fun of him for drinking juice lol

I appreciate that mod post.

Nice! Imo, the volume covers for the last 15 books-or-so have been pretty good. A lot of earlier covers were a bit lazy or too silly when the volume itself was more serious, but they've been well balanced recently. For those who don't read before the volume is out though, the cover contains spoilers as usual, lol.

His and Fujitora's expressions on the cover suggest the scene where they shouted at each other over the denden mushi, I think.

Yeah, definitely.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Awesome cover, but why Akainu on the cover? He wasn't in Dressrosa unless I missed a scene.

Him yelling at Fujitora about putting the folly of the WG on full display and being turned away from bases until he caught luffy?

That scar on Akainu's face... a parting gift from Aokiji right?

Maybe. Could be from something else though. Kuzan lost half his left leg, and got scars all over his body. Maybe they both took permanent damage during that duel, or maybe they were both up against other tough enemies over these two years.

bjork

If Perona was with Moriah for long enough then she would have been immune to marine prosecution from the start so no bounty.

Or she didn't do anything that anybody could pin on her. Maybe she was low key and the marines just didn't know about her at all.

I didn't even consider either of these things, heh. I just got her in the phone game and was reminded of Kuma making her vanish and got curious.

Russ T

Banned
Well she's with Mihawk now, so it'd be odd if she was gone forever.

She did show up in the 3D2Y movie, for what it's worth. I think that's supposed to be canon?

https://www.google.com/search?safe=.....3.4.714.0.N_7Qi0AwOiQ#imgrc=PjHCfXkO-d99nM:

So this handsome devil right here is called a Mink. They used to be hunted for their fur, until eventually they began farming them for their fur and oil. They are a frequent focus of interest for animal rights groups considering they are raised for the sole purpose of their fur usage.

So why am I bringin this up in the One Piece thread? I happened to be re-reading Saobody Archepelago again, and in chapter 501, Sanji is given a listed by Duvall covering the various races that are listed for sale in the slave auction. We see humans, dwarves (revealed in Dressarosa to be the Tontattas tribe), Longarms, Longlegs, Giants, etc. One of the races listed there is "Mink".

Compare the face of a Mink to the girl that the Twirly Hat crew were trying to protect. They are pretty similar. I'm guessing Zou is home to the Mink race, and the girl is a Mink. We may also be delving into some dark territory with an entire race of people being farmed for Kaidou

Edit- Sorry, image wasn't loading on GAF. Left the link for a picture, anyway

Chariot

She's obviously Zoro's end game love interest for the "married ever after" stuff.

Also Moirah hasn't come back yet so when he does she does I think.
Tashigi am cry.

Then again... he is used to handling three blades at once ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sorry

smurfx

get some go again
wonder how many people in rogers crew had kids. kinda surprising we don't see other pirates who are related to them.

Any of ya'll collect figures here? Got Sabo and Koala on the way. Glad to see my faith in Sabo returning rewarded.

Have three Portrait of Pirate figures. (Bon-Chan, Soge-King and Brook pre-timeskip). Considering getting a Chopper one and will definitely get a Buggy if released.

The Banpresto buggy looks really great too.

bjork

I feel like OP gets some really awesome figures, but after seeing some of the stuff my old boss used to pass off as legit, I have a hard time justifying spending money on stuff I can't authenticate.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Watch there be a Buggy Jr, but his hero is Shanks.
This would be hilarious

Also it would be super easy for the story to throw another "I was on Roger's crew" character at us. We only know of four and two of them were cabin boys.

I feel like OP gets some really awesome figures, but after seeing some of the stuff my old boss used to pass off as legit, I have a hard time justifying spending money on stuff I can't authenticate.

My general stance on this is that if it looks good and is a decent price, I don't really care at all if it's legit =p. It's there to sit on my shelf and look cool. I'm not super interested in claiming that I have a real one as a conversion piece

I mean I get where you're coming from, but that's my take, at least =p

bjork

My general stance on this is that if it looks good and is a decent price, I don't really care at all if it's legit =p. It's there to sit on my shelf and look cool. I'm not super interested in claiming that I have a real one as a conversion piece

I mean I get where you're coming from, but that's my take, at least =p

I'd be down with a decent price, yeah. Just wasn't seeing that when I was looking around, heh.

I'd be down with a decent price, yeah. Just wasn't seeing that when I was looking around, heh.

I just look on Mandarake or AmiAmi if something is out of stock. Good prices and condition is usually well documented. Like you, I am a bit leery about buying on ebay or from other random stores.

bjork

I just look on Mandarake or AmiAmi if something is out of stock. Good prices and condition is usually well documented. Like you, I am a bit leery about buying on ebay or from other random stores.

I never considered it, but I bet the figure thread is a good place to ask if something seems fishy, as well.

bjork

Oh, haha, sorry, looking at your later responses, I see you're talking about purchasing stuff online, and actually making sure it's a legit purchase. My bad!

Yeah. Generally speaking, most of the shops that would even carry OP stuff have blind boxes and I kinda doubt there are fakes of those. But I remember the boss at my old job bringing in a POP Luffy, so we opened him and put him on the display behind the register. Over time, he bent backwards and the boss was like, "is a fake, of course is bending." But the box and stuff sure looked legit, and he wasn't backing off the real price. I'm kinda glad he went under.

Russ T

Banned
My ideal One Piece figure would just be the whole crew chilling around a table eating a meal, Luffy with a giant piece of meat in one hand, Zoro drinking from a big mug, Sanji carrying out the next course, Brook maybe sitting at a piano.

But that's crazy and will never happen unless it costs like hundreds of dollars. Unless it does exist??

Basically I think "action" poses for anime figures generally look super lame.

bjork

My ideal One Piece figure would just be the whole crew chilling around a table eating a meal, Luffy with a giant piece of meat in one hand, Zoro drinking from a big mug, Sanji carrying out the next course, Brook maybe sitting at a piano.

But that's crazy and will never happen unless it costs like hundreds of dollars. Unless it does exist??

They have some gashapon sets that are based on color spreads, but it's been years since I looked. I think the newest set I saw would've been Skypeia, but surely they've kept making them.

Actually, this is the last one I remember

Russ T

Banned
They have some gashapon sets that are based on color spreads, but it's been years since I looked. I think the newest set I saw would've been Skypeia, but surely they've kept making them.

Ooh that could be neat.

Though I imagine, being gashapon size, they'd probably be super deformed chibi style, which I'm not as into.

Something like this? All the larger figures that I've seen which join together are in action poses.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Anime-one-piece-3-6-cm-6-7cm-Mini-Figure-Set-of-9-pcs-/221176402004

Russ T

Banned
Yeah basically exactly like that but closer to the actual proportions, art style!

Guess I'm gonna have to compromise one way or the other if I want some stuff, huh.

I know it will happen in the end, but the thought of the Straw Hats splitting up for good makes me sad :( I hope there's an epilogue where we see them and their lives as they are old.

smurfx

get some go again
I know it will happen in the end, but the thought of the Straw Hats splitting up for good makes me sad :( I hope there's an epilogue where we see them and their lives as they are old.
i wonder if sanji will ever get with a girl or will he die an old lonely cook. oda's final sanji troll will be nami ending up with zoro.

Squishy3

so you want to steal this from the tokyo tower museum

adfvdlwkj4m1zvyp4oi4.jpg

i wonder if sanji will ever get with a girl or will he die an old lonely cook. oda's final sanji troll will be nami ending up with zoro.
I just can't see the entire ending being about shipping, but if I had to put my bets down I'd say Sanji and Viola would have a thing.

Oxn

I just can't see the entire ending being about shipping, but if I had to put my bets down I'd say Sanji and Viola would have a thing.

Speaking of which, do you think a character will ever leave the crew before the ending of the series?

Like for example Sanji finding the love of his life.

Usopp almost left, and if they had went that way with the story, it would totally be natural. Of course he could always appear back later in another arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom