• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

So what dp you guys see happening first, the stuff with kaido or big mom?
A bit of Kaidou, but ending inconclusive or with Kaidou winning and every getting the hell away and then moving onto Big Mom first while Kaidou... I don't know, goes dying. Maybe Luffy and him fight and Luffy can't kill him and he is disappointed and just throws them out.

Oxn

So what dp you guys see happening first, the stuff with kaido or big mom?

Why not both?

While Luffy is heading off to beat Kaido, Sanji and crew is building relationship with BigMom, and then they join in mid-war to both take down Kaido.

EDIT: I will say this for fear of Veelk jumping in, but you notice that non of the Big Bosses, Luffy have faced are female? Well I dont believe Big Mom will end up being a foe.

Edit 2: Alvida dont count.

EDIT3: Damn the more I think about it, the more I think my theory will be right. Gotta remember this for when it happens.

The war could be Kaidou vs Big Mom. I don't really think that when Kaidou says he is going to start the largest war ever he was talking about Luffy. People don't think that Luffy is that important and he didn't even know about Dressrosa.

Why not both?

While Luffy is heading off to beat Kaido, Sanji and crew is building relationship with BigMom, and then they join in mid-war to both take down Kaido.

EDIT: I will say this for fear of Veelk jumping in, but you notice that non of the Big Bosses, Luffy have faced are female? Well I dont believe Big Mom will end up being a foe.

Edit 2: Alvida dont count.
Why!!! Why!!! U like it dont u!? Lol.
Nah my theory is big mom aint gnna give to shits about lola(if thats her mom) luffy ate her candy and sent her exploding treasure. Capone is with big mom also. So im thinking sanji nd company clashed with them for awhile then coup de bursted out of there,then they wound up on zou(or whatever island) and stuck their noses in affairs the only way the strawhats kno how(hence while kaidos men is after them)

Chariot

Oh, I like the idea of the main event actually being Kaidou vs Big Mom and Luffy not really even getting to any of them. In any case, I don't want him to be on par with any of them yet. I think Kaidou could be a good enemy because he could just get bored fighting Luffy who probably can wail on him for days without much effect.

And yeah, Luffy didn't really fight a woman, mostly because there are so few women of matter in general (really, the best part was with the Baroque Works for that) and those women are never the boss. We don't have many pirate captains. We have like... Alvida, Bonney and some of Whitebeards allies.

Oxn

Oh, I like the idea of the main event actually being Kaidou vs Big Mom and Luffy not really even getting to any of them. In any case, I don't want him to be on par with any of them yet. I think Kaidou could be a good enemy because he could just get bored fighting Luffy who probably can wail on him for days without much effect.

And yeah, Luffy didn't really fight a woman, mostly because there are so few women of matter in general (really, the best part was with the Baroque Works for that) and those women are never the boss. We don't have many pirate captains. We have like... Alvida, Bonney and some of Whitebeards allies.

Dont forget Boa Hancock.

Chariot

Dont forget Boa Hancock.
Oh right. Still, point stands, very few on comparison leaving little room for Luffy to fight them. We could do with a few more women in higher positions that are actually battlefit. I think the last muscular women I remember is Miss Monday. Everyone else was thin enough to break at a gust of win.

We talked about the end-game just last week, I think. I'm still of the opinion that the last battle will be an all-out war with pirates, marine and world government involved, with the world government and the five elder stars being the main antagonist. Blackbeard will be the last pirate for the strawhats to defeat; probably the second last battle, although it could also be in the end-game.

Oxn

You think the new crew that Luffy acquired will be present for his fight with Kaido or end game war?

We talked about the end-game just last week, I think. I'm still of the opinion that the last battle will be an all-out war with pirates, marine and world government involved, with the world government and the five elder stars being the main antagonist. Blackbeard will be the last pirate for the strawhats to defeat; probably the second last battle, although it could also be in the end-game.

Yea but which pirates will be left when that war finally takes place? I think Kaido is out at that point. We will have the top Supernovas (Kid) present, Shanks will be there, and BB. Whitebeard crew better be.

I think end game is Marejoi(sp) and the Goresei(sp), which incidentally ties in with Raftel.

I think all the big players going to get there and then is when the war going to happen .

You think the new crew that Luffy acquired will be present for his fight with Kaido or end game war?

Both but at the end game war luffy going to have even more people like boa , WB pirates etc etc

Yea but which pirates will be left when that war finally takes place? I think Kaido is out at that point. We will have the top Supernovas (Kid) present, Shanks will be there, and BB. Whitebeard crew better be.

In terms of getting to the end goal the only ships we know who can get there are the Sunny and the Oro Jackson. Reformed Roger crew headed by Silvers Rayleigh including Shanks and Buggy a possibility.

Chariot

Let's not forget that Buggy also has people. Really want him to become relevant again. It would be amazing to have the first real enemy, the man who is both clown in appearance and behaviour become someone serious, someone important.

Oxn

Let's not forget that Buggy also has people. Really want him to become relevant again. It would be amazing to have the first real enemy, the man who is both clown in appearance and behaviour become someone serious, someone important.

Important? sure
serious? No

smurfx

get some go again
If you're talking about whitey bay you take that back right now!
zyE56hm.png

nope i'm talking about captain elmy.

smurfx

get some go again
I think end game is Marejoi(sp) and the Goresei(sp), which incidentally ties in with Raftel.
what about dragon? i think he will end up facing off against big opponents too. you got dragon, iva and sabo. who knows who else will end up joining him in the end. kuma might even come back to his senses and return to him. he might be the one that takes down the gorosei if they are fighters. although i'm betting he ends up taking on some unknown world government forces.

Oxn

what about dragon? i think he will end up facing off against big opponents too. you got dragon, iva and sabo. who knows who else will end up joining him in the end. kuma might even come back to his senses and return to him. he might be the one that takes down the gorosei if they are fighters. although i'm betting he ends up taking on some unknown world government forces.

Yea Dragon will definitely be involved.

5 Gorosei?

1 for Luffy
1 for Dragon
1 for Shanks
1 for Rayleigh
1 for Zoro

Big One

Banned
Man...once thinking about it, is this manga 70% completion?

Things that need to be covered:

-Kaidou (in progress)
-Big Mom (somewhat in progress)
-Shanks
-Underworld brokers & Jack
-Elbaf
-Vegapunk
-Mihawk vs. Zoro 2
-Blackbeard
-Enel
-Seventh Warlord
-Aokiji
-JINBE
-Void Century
-Will of D.
-Gorosei
-Mariejois
-Rio Poneglyph
-Akainu
-Monkey D. Dragon
-The Strawhat
-Joy Boy
-Fishman Island's destruction

And many more. How is Oda going to cram all of this into the next few arcs?

Oxn

-Kaidou (in progress)
-Shanks
-Elbaf
-Vegapunk
-Mihawk vs. Zoro 2
-Blackbeard
-Enel
-Seventh Warlord
-Aokiji
-JINBE
-Void Century
-Will of D.
-Gorosei
-Mariejois
-Rio Poneglyph
-Akainu
-Monkey D. Dragon
-The Strawhat
-Joy Boy

Although i agree with you i do think alot of them will be consolidated into 1 arc.

I see this alot, but why do people think Enel will show up again? Maybe i need to rewatch the end of skypiea to see why people think that since i may have forgotten.

Also i feel bad for one piece elderly fans or those who are sick. They really need to try and end it within 10years.

Big One

Banned
Although i agree with you i do think alot of them will be consolidated into 1 arc.

I see this alot, but why do people think Enel will show up again? Maybe i need to rewatch the end of skypiea to see why people think that since i may have forgotten.

Also i feel bad for one piece elderly fans or those who are sick. They really need to try and end it within 10years.
Enel doesn't have to show up but it would make sense to resolve all the stuff revealed in the cover story in some form or another. Plus you know Oda is going to bring everyone back for the Final War.

smurfx

get some go again
i wonder if oda will end up leaving a lot of stuff unrevealed and then come back and make mini story arcs to fill in gaps after one piece ends. i don't think he will end up making a new manga.

bjork

I'm guessing some of that stuff will be condensed and some will be reported through papers or briefly via flashback.

Jinbe could show up with a newspaper explaining who the 7th Shichibukai is, after the crew finds themselves at Elbaf so Franky can do some major repairs on the Sunny or something?

If we see Kaidou next arc, we'll likely see at least some info on Vegapunk, and also the underworld. Perhaps this arc includes Big Mom, or when they cut to Sanji and co, we at least find out what their relationship is with the SHs now.

The Void Century and the Rio Poneglyph go hand in hand, and whenever that's revealed, seeing more of Mariejois and the Gorosei seems to make sense. The Gorosei may know more about the Will of D, or perhaps the poneglyphs explain it.

Then the great war arc, which I'd imagine will involve everyone you've mentioned, and if the Shichibukai agree to fight the SHs, you'll get Mihawk/Zoro 2 there, I guess?

I think Enel is a wilcard "madara tank" kind of thing we are just curious about but maybe he'll never come back. Joy Boy apologized for not keeping his promise and then died so idk what they need to go into there, and I've always considered the "destruction" of Fishman Island to be vague enough that it could imply the destruction of racial tension there and not a physical destruction, maybe.

The hat was Roger's, but is there supposed to be more to it than that? Even so, that's 3-4 arcs at the minimum, so we've got a long ways to go.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Ugh I really don't want another war arc. After Naruto, Bleach, and the war arc One Piece anyway HAD I am warred OUT. All it is is an excuse to have 200 chapters of straight fights between a million minor characters I don't care about. I hope if there is another war arc it all happens off-panel and we only follow the Straw Hats' actions and fights.

And while we're at it, please less huge stretches of arcs where everybody's running. D:

RomanceDawn

-Kaidou (in progress)
-Shanks
-Elbaf
-Vegapunk
-Mihawk vs. Zoro 2
-Blackbeard
-Enel
-Seventh Warlord
-Aokiji
-JINBE
-Void Century
-Will of D.
-Gorosei
-Mariejois
-Rio Poneglyph
-Akainu
-Monkey D. Dragon
-The Strawhat
-Joy Boy

Underworld Brokers - Sheepshead was one of them, if I remember correctly he might have been the one to mention Jack. With Pekoms and Tamago, thats 3 already intermingled with Straw Hats.

Black Bear/Aokiji - Handled roughly at the same time or partially as time goes on. We already know they are working together.

Fishman Island Destruction/Joy Boy/ Will of D/Void Century/Straw Hat/Mariejois/Dragon - These things are super intertwined and separate all at the same time. Expect heavy cross over with each topic.

I guess basically many of these things over lap so well you can bet arcs will revolve around many of these topics all at once. Who even knows if Oda is going to drop something else on us?

Even if the comic is 70% done, the time it takes tell the last "30%" of it could take another 18 years. I think we have at least 10 more years.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
who will be the one to die first? garp or dragon?
Garp because his characterization is done

Although I don't think either will die. If anyone dies from here on out, my money is on Shanks

Tizoc

801 will be published this week right?
I wonder if we'll see the new bounties by then
God Usopp and Luffy should share the same bounty
or God Usopp's could be like 1 or 1 mil Beli higher than Luffy's :V

Magwik

Banned
At this point I feel like Shanks dying would just be a cheap to get Luffy to fight someone or to move the plot forward
If he dies it should be because of Luffys actions, not just by Blackbeard killing him for the lols

Chariot

At this point I feel like Shanks dying would just be a cheap to get Luffy to fight someone or to move the plot forward
If he dies it should be because of Luffys actions, not just by Blackbeard killing him for the lols
Definitely. I still think that Blackbeard don't need to be the one who kill him. There is already plenty of motivation to fight him. No need to throw another corps on his back, it would serve no purpose.

who will be the one to die first? garp or dragon?
Garp, imo. Since Dragon would likely be involved in the story at this point, it would be interesting to see his reactions.
Maybe something within the final arc will give Shank's death more meaning? Obviously it's hard to imagine it at this point.

Big One

Banned
I've been re-reading the series via the colors recently.

ijvS9bK.png

I wonder if the green hair guy was supposed to be an important character of some sort when Oda was planning things early on in the series.

bjork

I wonder if the green hair guy was supposed to be an important character of some sort when Oda was planning things early on in the series.

Maybe it's an early look for Cabaji, even earlier than the sketchbook versions where Zoro is in Buggy's crew?

Veelk

Banned
Question: why do they stick to the specific number of warlords? If they have another war lord they want to hire....well, can't they? Why limit themselves?

Same thing with Yonko. The Yonko aren't a job, they are a title. What happens if another pirate of their level shows up and starts conquering? Are they going to change the name just on that?

cntr

Banned
Question: why do they stick to the specific number of warlords? If they have another war lord they want to hire....well, can't they? Why limit themselves?

Same thing with Yonko. The Yonko aren't a job, they are a title. What happens if another pirate of their level shows up and starts conquering? Are they going to change the name just on that?
Numbering things is pretty common in Sino-Japanese crap. Take a look at the Buddhist canon, and you'll see names like "The Noble Eightfold Path".

In this case, it's about 4 being associated with death, and 7 as a lucky/significant number, from Western custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom