• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Better translation is out.

Edit: Nvm. No it isn't. I'm dumb and was reading the same one again

Magwik

Banned
To everyone saying it's just Sanji being wanted by a woman that would be so uneventful and anti-climactic, especially for it to end on the chapter as it did. We've seen Sanji and co once in the past year, and his bounty got severely shafted, it's definitely not going to be that simple.

RPGamer92

Banned
To everyone saying it's just Sanji being wanted by a woman that would be so uneventful and anti-climactic, especially for it to end on the chapter as it did. We've seen Sanji and co once in the past year, and his bounty got severely shafted, it's definitely not going to be that simple.
How did his bounty get shafted? He got a 100 million increase.

Before it was a fake picture, so maybe they didn't make the connection?

How would they make a better connection from a recent picture? They wouldn't have seen him in years either way if this theory was true. And the sketch was part of the bounty, so they'd need to have printed that stuff BEFORE making the bounty, not after. The only way would be name, but Sanji's name was on both bounties

I think it'd be worse if it was a random revelation with no relationship to what he's been doing off screen personally. This is clearly a segway into filling us in on what happened to his group while we haven't seen them

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Law is one of the most OP
pun intended
characters in the series so far... his bounty should be amazingly high

bjork

It makes sense, then. You'd figure Luffy's would be higher since he's been in the public eye in bigger events, but once it gets to 500 million, there's not much point in going higher. Ace's was, but he had WB backing him and maybe they knew who his dad was as well?

Kreed

One Piece 801:

Since most of Sanji's wanted posters have been gags, I'm going to assume him being wanted alive is another gag too. Probably another case of mistaken identity, but definitely something that will annoy him. I loved the drawing gag from his last poster so I'm hoping this will top that. Otherwise besides the bounty gags I didn't care much about the bounty amounts going up since Oda has long disassociated bounty amounts and the strength of the crew, in addition to Luffy long having crazy bounty amounts vs stronger opponents. They did illustrate the need for Nami and the others to do more next arc, with maybe Zoro, Ussop, etc... taking a step back.

I'm interested in seeing what happens with Captain Jack. Being a Kaidou underling, he "shouldn't" be able to take down the powerful marines on that ship and get Doflamingo, but if Oda really wants to demonstrate a huge gap in power between the Emperors and what Luffy has faced already, that would be the way to do it (although he would be making the Marines seem weaker at the same time considering how powerful some of the marines on that ship are).

Lucci and Spandam being in CP0 lowers my expectations for the group a bit. Unless Lucci is really low on the totem poll, I doubt they will be a serious threat to the Straw Hats in the future vs a minor annoyance.

Overall though lots of good information in the chapter and Doflamingo's goodbye speech was a great way to get hyped up for future stories.

woen

Why, Doflamingo is a completely different kind of character . He was rebelling against the nature of most world nobles in a sense, but was still relying on these connection. Sanji on the other hand would've called all ties to chase his dream and didn't rely even once on his maybe heritage. If anything he would be closer to Sabo.Why would the revolution care? Sabo was a noble too, attacking Sanji for that would be massive hypocrisy.

That would just be Sabo yeah.

I actually like the idea of it being a joke like the drawing.

Lunar15

So Lucci is part of CP-0 along with Spandam? Really? Seems weird considering their cover story, but I guess a lot can change in that many years. Still, using them for CP again seems like a cop-out.

Lucci was pretty boring as a character. I enjoyed his fight, but I'm not terribly interested in him. Then again, it should come as no surprise that characters are returning.

Also, Doflamgino's exclamation about the "Throne Wars" or whatever was one of the most "no shit sherlock" moments. Seemed like a lot of fanfare for something we already knew: "Hey, there's a lot of strong people who want to control the sea!"

On the bounties: Hilarious. I love how Oda continues to posit that bounties are actually kind of meaningless and are moreso used for gags. I like that he updated the pictures though.

Best gag? Bart's ship.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The non-shit translation is taking too long... Screw it.

Great chapter.
Oh snap it's Lucci! I'm sure there's a reason in CP-0 now despite defecting in his cover story years ago.
Dressrosa returns to peace, looks nice.
Doflamingo still getting the last laugh. "When you play the Game of Pirate Thrones, you win, or you die. There is no middle ground"
Oh my god at the Barto Club ship. I was expecting Merry, but that's even better.
New Bounty Hype! Luffy has hit "monster" status with that 500 million. Usopp now the third highest (and well-deserved). Poor Chopper, then again he didn't do anything during Dressrosa. And hey, Sanji no longer has a sketch, but his picture is still goofy. Though the "Only Alive" status is interesting.

It wouldn't make sense for me for Morgan to be Jack just because Oda should be more careful dishing out his real pirate names. Morgan is a reference to the Cpt Henry Morgan from the famous Rum brand.

On the other hand Jack could be referring to Calico Jack Rackham who is one of the most famous pirates of the golden age.

To just conflate two of the most famous pirates into one minor fodder character seems like a bit of a waste.

Anyway Morgan's lower jaw had a brand name and logo. Maybe replacing your lower jaw with a bit of metal is just a popular fashion trend in One Piece.

bjork

It wouldn't make sense for me for Morgan to be Jack just because Oda should be more careful dishing out his real pirate names. Morgan is a reference to the Cpt Henry Morgan from the famous Rum brand.

On the other hand Jack could be referring to Calico Jack Rackham who is one of the most famous pirates of the golden age.

The rum is named after a real dude, arguably one of the biggest pirates ever.

SolVanderlyn

I wonder if Jack has any relation to Captain John? Kind of a stretch, but Captain John was supposedly a very famous pirate in OP history, and Oda did that Oars connection during Marineford so it's not unprecedented...

Kater

Banned
The 'Going Luffy-senpai' is the funniest thing to happen in One Piece for along time!...Amazing.
True, hehe.

tumblr_nv6ddwNVtQ1u6www0o2_r1_540.png

There's being a fanboy and then there's being a Barto.

Deadly

One Piece 801:I'm interested in seeing what happens with Captain Jack. Being a Kaidou underling, he "shouldn't" be able to take down the powerful marines on that ship and get Doflamingo, but if Oda really wants to demonstrate a huge gap in power between the Emperors and what Luffy has faced already, that would be the way to do it (although he would be making the Marines seem weaker at the same time considering how powerful some of the marines on that ship are).
They've still got Fujitora and Sengoku there. Sengoku's 'retired' and all but he should still be strong as fuck.

Kater

Banned
Plus Tsuru is supposed to be a threat too. Doflamingo was always seen running from her in the flashbacks.

No way are they doing a head-on attack and win against the Marine people on that ship.

Kreed

They've still got Fujitora and Sengoku there. Sengoku's 'retired' and all but he should still be strong as fuck.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a "stalemate" of some sort. Maybe Jack getting Doflamingo and doing something impressive against Fujitora before fleeing. But Jack getting outright beaten wouldn't be a great way to hype up Kaidou.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards a "stalemate" of some sort. Maybe Jack getting Doflamingo and doing something impressive against Fujitora before fleeing. But Jack getting outright beaten wouldn't be a great way to hype up Kaidou.

Well Jack just has to save don .
So maybe he has a DF that can help with that sort of stuff or someone is crew .

Bandini

The good translation is taking a long time today... hell, even Toriko is up before it. The low quality site is blocked at my work...

Edit: and it's up lol. Sometimes you just have to complain...

bjork

If I said that Harrison Ford was on the Star Wars posters it wouldn't mean that I thought that he didn't exist until Star Wars was made.

It would be like if you went "It's a reference to Paul Newman from the brand of foods." Worded in a way that implied you hadn't heard of the genuine article. I'm mostly funning you. Mostly.

Big One

Banned
If I had to guess Jack has a DF ability that allows him to go right under the nose of everyone hence his status as underworld broker. Either that or something weird and strange like a Beanstalk Devil Fruit, lol

Either way I think it's clear Jack is a new character and prob antagonist of Elbaf arc due to theme.

bjork

If I had to guess Jack has a DF ability that allows him to go right under the nose of everyone hence his status as underworld broker. Either that or something weird and strange like a Beanstalk Devil Fruit, lol

Maybe he's the one who removed all of the weapons that Lucci was speaking of, too?

Lunar15

The XXX Gym Martial Arts Alliance is so hilarious to me. Oda just kind of realized that he couldn't make all of them representatives, so he just threw them all into one crew that really has no one consistent theme. It's fucking great.

Kornflayx

The XXX Gym Martial Arts Alliance is so hilarious to me. Oda just kind of realized that he couldn't make all of them representatives, so he just threw them all into one crew that really has no one consistent theme. It's fucking great.

The XXX alliance is just every character from Dressrosa that's a knock on real life figures

Russ T

Banned
i just wanna chime in to agree with everyone else

barto club's ship is amazing

it is so beautiful

i want a replica that i can put on my desk right now

Right, because they betrayed Luffy when fighting Dofy

Classic Funk heal turn.

Great chapter. Lots of fun and some good set-up.

Can't wait for the explanation of Sanji's wanted poster.

Either it's a decent joke or I'd guess they think he night know something important.

Big One

Banned
Rogersbase pointed me to this page:

xxFBMcX.jpg

From the beginning of Jaya. Seems Oda has had plans for Sanji for years. Later on even is the first time Sanji revealed he was from North Blue and not East Blue (meaning he ran away from North Blue to become a chef).

This panel seems to hint his storyline might have something to do with his mother or another relative (maybe sister).

If it ends up being a gag i can see the meltdowns happening over at AP.
Either way i looking forward to what oda does with him no matter which way he takes it.

Big One

Banned
If it ends up being a gag i can see the meltdowns happening over at AP.
Either way i looking forward to what oda does with him no matter which way he takes it.
I could see it being a gag, but Oda is notorious for foreshadowing little stuff like this (wouldn't be surprised if there's hints about Zoro's past sprinkled in One Piece we missed as well). Plus I think Oda wants to give all the Strawhats due justice before the series end for some character development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom