• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its his time people!!! "The one that will cause the world government the most trouble
LyyT9KN.gif

Big One

Banned
Just watched a theory video online suggesting that Sanji doesn't hit women due to something happening with his mother. Oda is going to do a spousal abuse backstory, isn't he? ~.~ That panel from Jaya makes it seem like it's likely. Also would give Sanji a reason to run away rather than running away for the hell of it by having an abusive father.

I don't think we ever saw Bonney's wanted poster, did we? She seems to be of some importance to to the WG and Blackbeard doesn't seem like the person to spare people unless it serves a purpose like with Ace. It's possible that she has "Only Alive" on her poster as well.

Jigolo

Rogersbase pointed me to this page:

xxFBMcX.jpg

From the beginning of Jaya. Seems Oda has had plans for Sanji for years. Later on even is the first time Sanji revealed he was from North Blue and not East Blue (meaning he ran away from North Blue to become a chef).

This panel seems to hint his storyline might have something to do with his mother or another relative (maybe sister).
Where is this from.

Lunar15

I'm not gathering anything from that panel. Looks like Sanji is just realizing that some really bad shit went down on the boat.

Marow

This chapter... wow. And the fact you guys brought up that panel from the Jaya arc (loved that mini arc). Would be too good if true.

One thing that particularly struck me reading this chapter is how frightening Luffy comes across in the picture with yonkous, warlords and supernovas. His cold eyes and grin, along with his hand, freaks me out.

Guys

WHAT IF THIS IS GIN RELATED
What about Gin?

daveo42

Banned
Sanji developments are a good thing. I'm also loving the GOD USOPP bounty and the Barto ship. Maybe next week we'll be back to the other group and what they've been doing?

One thing that particularly struck me reading this chapter is how frightening Luffy comes across in the picture with yonkous, warlords and supernovas. His cold eyes and grin, along with his hand, freaks me out.

Heh, maybe that's how Doffy imagines him since he is the one describing the scene.

After Sanji had the sense to open the doors to leave Impel Down, I was hoping he really is a genius and the government thinks he has secret knowledge of something.

Rogersbase pointed me to this page:

http://i.imgur.com/xxFBMcX.jpg[IMG]

From the beginning of Jaya. Seems Oda has had plans for Sanji for years. Later on even is the first time Sanji revealed he was from North Blue and not East Blue (meaning he ran away from North Blue to become a chef).

This panel seems to hint his storyline might have something to do with his mother or another relative (maybe sister).[/QUOTE]

Eh, maybe that page does indeed have some significance later on, but it really seems like a stretch. I always thought it was just him just observing the events and understanding what must've happened on board. Nothing whatsoever on that page hints that anything was related to Sanji.

Big One

Banned
I'm not gathering anything from that panel. Looks like Sanji is just realizing that some really bad shit went down on the boat.
Perhaps. There's other hints in the series of Sanji's importance regardless, I'm just saying perhaps that panel is related to it somehow since Oda does like to sprinkle in little details in the background

Just watched a theory video online suggesting that Sanji doesn't hit women due to something happening with his mother. Oda is going to do a spousal abuse backstory, isn't he? ~.~ That panel from Jaya makes it seem like it's likely. Also would give Sanji a reason to run away rather than running away for the hell of it by having an abusive father.

I would say that sort of background would make Sanji have a rather grim view of women since kids often blame both parents for that sort of thing. Probably be better if Sanji's dad was someone who was clownishly devoted to his mother and that was his role model. Even better if he was born a girl who loved his dad who was devoted to him like that but then he ended up being gender switched by Ivankov and left to work as a cook. That would explain his behaviour better than abusive parents.

L-L-LUCCI IS BACK?!

n5T0Zdl.gif

Is the former CP9 actually a part of CP0? Or are they impersonating them to gather info?

And Spandam is Lucci's udnerling. lol Eat shit, bruh.

Doffy always needs to give an epic speech every few hundred chapters. It's in his contract.

New Bounty Posters! GOD USOPP HAS THE THIRD HIGHEST BOUNTY!
kXH0N3G.gif

Kornflayx

Man, that speech from Doflamingo and Lucci and the bounty posters had me like:

zZKOWHc.gif

But especially Doflamingo's monologue will be remembered for years to come, believe it

Syntsui

I really need a Shanks/Yasopp panel reading these news/bounty increase. They should be laughing while crying tears of joy. Shanks should say something like ''it looks like I'll get my hat back sooner than I thought...''

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
After Sanji had the sense to open the doors to leave Impel Down, I was hoping he really is a genius and the government thinks he has secret knowledge of something.

Oh god damn it I went to re-read the end of Enies Lobby cause of this and I'm literally wiping tears out of my eyes because Merry just showed up. I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to read this fucking chapter before it doesn't do this to me.

Chariot

Why bring back these lame ass characters. They ruined water 7 and enies lobby by being so lame.
What? I liked them, even thought before the reveal that Kaku would join the strawhats in this arc. I think they were great, because they were really good at hiding, what secret agents would do.

Oh god damn it I went to re-read the end of Enies Lobby cause of this and I'm literally wiping tears out of my eyes because Merry just showed up. I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to read this fucking chapter before it doesn't do this to me.

I did the same thing last week. That's why I was thinking of it. I really want Sanji to be only person who really understands what Vegapunk is saying when they meet him.

Squishy3

Well, Aohige said that Lucci was speaking to Kaku on the phone, because he talked just the way Kaku did
I find it hard to believe the jobber-tiers (Zipper-face, YOYOIIIIII) are in CP0 but I can bet Lucci, Kaku, Kalifa and Wolfman (name escapes me) are all in CP0.

I really liked this chapter. It seems like Fujitora really doesn't feel pressed to pursue Law and Luffy, as he called it an endless journey or something to that effect. Doflamingo's monologue was pretty cool, although we've heard the same sentiment before. Nice to see all the new bounties, but I feel like Luffy should be higher up. Interested to see what Sanji's deal is. I wonder who that captain is who wants to get Doflamingo back.

Also, I think it's cool that CP9 (CP0) is back, but I hope they don't become a main villain again because been there done that, but I wouldn't mind seeing them as supporting antagonists. I do wonder how they managed to get back in the WGs good graces though.

Bart's ship takes the cake though. I love how the whole crew is obsessed and not just him.

Guys

WHAT IF THIS IS GIN RELATED

who?

Is that guy with Lucci suppose to be Spandam?

yeah i believe so

tumblr_inline_nv6u2mBaQa1r44aoj_540.png

This son of a bitch.

True, hehe.

tumblr_nv6ddwNVtQ1u6www0o2_r1_540.png

There's being a fanboy and then there's being a Barto.

these panels slayed me

going luffy-senpai

lol

Chariot

CP9 could actually have reasonable power-up just by getting used to their devil fruit powers. They barely had time to experiment with them and could've mastered them during the years that have past.

Zeppu

I'm really curious to see Barto's ship. He told luffy he'd "wet himself" when he sees it. I have a sneaky feeling it's either an homage to the Merry or (more probably) some sort of Strawhat themed ship.

Bart is awesome.

It was super obvious, but: Called it! (on both counts)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom