• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woen

Sanji just being a world noble would be disappointing, we already had a story about them with Doffy, and it wouldn't be much different. Oda, please don't make it too simple.

Sanji just being a world noble would be disappointing, we already had a story about them with Doffy, and it wouldn't be much different. Oda, please don't make it too simple.

My ideal scenario is that this finally drives a huge ass wedge between Luffy & the revolutionaries.

From a writing perspective it always bugged me a bit that Luffy's always had this enormous suggested force as a pseudo-ally (Dragon + a seemingly country sweeping revolutionary army)

If Sanji's not just a noble, but turns out to be outright a tenryuubito I can easily imagine that particular groups (the revolutionairies being the most obvious pick) might want Sanji for their own purposes, seeing him more as a tool rather than "one of luffy's friends".

Even during the timeskip/split arc Nico Robin was fairly suspicious towards the revolutionaries & we know Oda likes hinting at stuff from time to time, so who knows if something fun could be done with that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I've heard the "Sanji is a prince" theory way before this chapter. How do people come up with this stuff years before we get any substantial breadcrumbs for it? I wouldn't be surprised if it's true.

As cool as the return of Lucci is, I hope CP0 isn't just CP9 redux. Some cool new World Government members would be nice.
"Mr Prince"? Aside from his vulgar tongue he carries himself like nobility/royalty/a member of the high class. And we know nothing about Sanji from before his time on a ship as an apprentice. Save for Brook, who is like 90 years old technically, and Sanji, we know about every other crewmember's early childhood/hometown, and their life from before they set out for their dreams or had tragedy strike them.

Chariot

Why, Doflamingo is a completely different kind of character . He was rebelling against the nature of most world nobles in a sense, but was still relying on these connection. Sanji on the other hand would've called all ties to chase his dream and didn't rely even once on his maybe heritage. If anything he would be closer to Sabo.
My ideal scenario is that this finally drives a huge ass wedge between Luffy & the revolutionaries.

From a writing perspective it always bugged me a bit that Luffy's always had this enormous suggested force as a pseudo-ally (Dragon + a seemingly country sweeping revolutionary army)

If Sanji's not just a noble, but turns out to be outright a tenryuubito I can easily imagine that particular groups (the revolutionairies being the most obvious pick) might want Sanji for their own purposes, seeing him more as a tool rather than "one of luffy's friends".

Even during the timeskip/split arc Nico Robin was fairly suspicious towards the revolutionaries & we know Oda likes hinting at stuff from time to time, so who knows if something fun could be done with that.
Why would the revolution care? Sabo was a noble too, attacking Sanji for that would be massive hypocrisy.

Why, Doflamingo is a completely different kind of character . He was rebelling against the nature of most world nobles in a sense, but was still relying on these connection. Sanji on the other hand would've called all ties to chase his dream and didn't rely even once on his maybe heritage. If anything he would be closer to Sabo.Why would the revolution care? Sabo was a noble too, attacking Sanji for that would be massive hypocrisy.

For all we know Sanji's a Tenryuubito, not just a simple noble.

Considering the Tenryuubito are essentially "gods walking amongst the living" that would make a difference.

The Sanji poster's building up to something for sure, I'm just saying it could be a lot of things with how little we know.

Jigolo

Holy shit. Just started the first page and already have to post. My god, he's back.

Edit: omg doffy

2x edit: omg new posters

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Would be interesting if Sanji ended being related to the Gorosei somehow, seeing as how they sit at the seat of power in the world and have done literally nothing for 801 chapters

Kain

I love OP exposition, holy shit.

What's all this talk about Sanji being a Tenryuubito? He could just have some vital information for the Marines / WG or something.

Anyway, about time Sanji got an arc for himself, I'm all down for it. He should be rescued in the end by Zoro so they can have a huge argument xD

That's a really good observation. But would drake be the one who cut off Z's arm and killed his fellow marines as well? He was a rear admiral afterall. I think if he did all that he would of had a higher bounty as a supernova.

Isn't it speculation that his bounty is roughly 620 million berries?

This was a great chapter btw. Ussop continues to be amazing in his feats. I'm surprised by how small Luffy's bounty seems now but I guess it honestly doesn't matter anymore.

Fujitora still chasing the Strawhats will be an interesting angle for sure as I wonder if Zoro will properly face him off. I'm unsure if Lucci is working with the World Government or with Kaido as well. Captain Jack is another party that could work from both angles too.

Yet the most interesting to come out of this happens to be Sanji's bounty. If this rumor going around about him being a prince of sort is true, there might be a really interesting arc coming up considering the lack of a true background to his character.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Until Oda stops doing it I'm going to assume the reason for Sanji's "Alive only" will be something stupid that results in him getting shitted on again.

Morgan is way too weak to be back. He was the first villain. He needs to have been buffed A LOT if thinks he can take out all the marine ships + Fujitora by himself.

bjork

Morgan is way too weak to be back. He was the first villain. He needs to have been buffed A LOT if thinks he can take out all the marine ships + Fujitora by himself.

Coby was a wimp too and he came up quite a bit, and Buggy is a warlord despite being weak. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

On the Sanji tenryuubito idea, shouldn't Doflamingo's past already show that that's impossible. Even if he had been one, it wouldn't matter if he became a commoner he'd have had those rights revoked. Doflamingo got special treatment because he found some huge secret, but Sanji wouldn't be in the same boat

Majukun

On the page that shows the worst generation: what is that on the right side of the word bubble next to shanks?

I wonder if Jack is just Morgan? Looks like he has a mouth covering and we haven't seen him in quite awhile.
juan django had a mouthpiece too

On the Sanji tenryuubito idea, shouldn't Doflamingo's past already show that that's impossible. Even if he had been one, it wouldn't matter if he became a commoner he'd have had those rights revoked. Doflamingo got special treatment because he found some huge secret, but Sanji wouldn't be in the same boat

Not if he was lost at sea...

Oxn

Coby was a wimp too and he came up quite a bit, and Buggy is a warlord despite being weak. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Coby is young, he can buff up. But morgan is already at the age where its difficult to get much further.

Oxn

cactus guy in the coloseum.. now i don't know if I remembered his name correctly.. han juan algo? something like that

Wow maybe youre right. Hes a bounty hunter. What if hes trying to steal doffy back, or maybe capture him then turn him back in for the bounty.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My bet on the Sanji situation is that it's because some powerful woman actually fell for him, and wants to make him her husband or some shit like that
God dammit. This is way too plausible

Metal B

Before being a chef's assistant on that ship?
Who is a chef's assistant with ten? My theory is, that Sanji was the child of a noble family and a total brat. He wished to become a great cook and find the All-Blue. He forced the chef of the Orbit to make him his assistant. Only after the events with Zeff, he changed his behaviour and is ashamed of his past, so completely kept it a secret.

My bet on the Sanji situation is that it's because some powerful woman actually fell for him, and wants to make him her husband or some shit like that
The new Admiral could be a woman and completely in love with Sanji.

Tizoc

Have you seen the face on that poster :p
To add to what you wrote, what if they're actually looking for Duval and mistook Sanji for him :p

Who is a chef's assistant with ten? My theory is, that Sanji was the child of a noble family and a total brat. He wished to become a great cook and find the All-Blue. He forced the chef of the Orbit to make him his assistant. Only after the events with Zeff, he changed his behaviour and is ashamed of his past, so completely kept it a secret.

The new Admiral could be a woman and completely in love with Sanji.

That seems unlikely, given that the chefs were constantly laughing at Sanji and his dream in the flashback

bjork

Coby is young, he can buff up. But morgan is already at the age where its difficult to get much further.

Blackbeard was old when he powered up, too.

yep, him... it was just to say that having a mouthpiece doesn't mean it's Morgan.
also, nobody will surpass luffy in terms of growth.. Morgan was weaker than Luffy at the start of the story.. no way he is now a main henchman of an emperor and even only think to be able to deal with sengoku, fujitora e tsuru

If it is him, he could've gotten a fruit since he was last shown. It's likely not him. But the vauge similarities are there.

Keep in mind the alive only thing only became a part of Sanji's bounty this time. It wasn't there on the original bounty. That's why I think, all things considered, the idea some powerful woman wants to make Sanji her husband is the most likely theory, since it would be someone he met after leaving dressrosa

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Keep in mind the alive only thing only became a part of Sanji's bounty this time. It wasn't there on the original bounty. That's why I think, all things considered, the idea some powerful woman wants to make Sanji her husband is the most likely theory, since it would be someone he met after leaving dressrosa
Before it was a fake picture, so maybe they didn't make the connection?

Hilarious chapter.
That Godsopp bust outside the Colosseum is perfect! Poor Chopper.

And watch Jack be Axe-Hand Morgan and the Strawhats will fight him at Elbaf while he is trying to chop down the beanstalk.

SolVanderlyn

I gottw say the bountie increases please me EXCEPT!! I think franky should be over 100,00 mil he's been putting in work since the new world started.
Yeah, definitely. Didn't like seeing Chopper get shafted a second time either.

Hilarious chapter.
That Godsopp bust outside the Colosseum is perfect! Poor Chopper.

And watch Jack be Axe-Hand Morgan and the Strawhats will fight him at Elbaf while he is trying to chop down the beanstalk.
Jack may or may not be Morgan but that is a great Elbaf theory.

I kinda hope Jack is Morgan so the Coby-Meppo duo gets a chance to shine and take down someone powerful.

Yeah, definitely. Didn't like seeing Chopper get shafted a second time either.

Jack may or may not be Morgan but that is a great Elbaf theory.

I kinda hope Jack is Morgan so the Coby-Meppo duo gets a chance to shine and take down someone powerful.

Chopper just needs to go ape shit crazy in front of an admiral or something at this point it's his only way lol.

I really need to see what the heck is happening with sanji and co it's killing me

Entropia

No One Remembers
Pretty crazy chapter. Wonder what's up with Sanji and only wanted Alive!!

Wonder if/when CP0 will encounter the Straw Hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom