• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's the angry one? This reads like some grounded 12 year old is saying it.

Lol. Why would anyone even get angry over something like this? Silly.

On that note, I never ever get angry over anything these days. Thanks for randomly calling me a 12 year old, but it doesn't really bother me in the slightest.

bjork

Lol. Why would anyone even get angry over something like this? Silly.

On that note, I never ever get angry over anything these days. Thanks for randomly calling me a 12 year old, but it doesn't really bother me in the slightest.

I'm not gonna go dig up post history because it's nearly bedtime for me, but a lot of your posts come across that way. :shrug:

I think you are getting a little too much emotionally invested in this.

Bounties don't represent Strength
It was a joke but why are you guys resorting to calling someone mad and saying ppl are getting emotional? Never seen that type of stuff before in this thread its a debate we're debating saying someones mad or my day is ruined etc seems childish

I'm not gonna go dig up post history because it's nearly bedtime for me, but a lot of your posts come across that way. :shrug:

On GAF? Meh, people who get angry over GAF posts probably should re-evaluate their life a little bit and stop being bothered by what some random people online are saying. Just calm down and enjoy life instead. If anything, direct that anger you have on something meaningful instead. Video games or manga or whatever sure as heck isn't worth getting angry over.

It was a joke but why are you guys resorting to calling someone mad and saying ppl are getting emotional? Never seen that type of stuff before in this thread its a debate we're debating saying someones mad or my day is ruined etc seems childish

Yeah I agree. When I said "ruin your day" I was just speaking figuratively/using an expression.

bjork

On GAF? Meh, people who get angry over GAF posts probably should re-evaluate their life a little bit and stop being bothered by what some random people online are saying. Just calm down and enjoy life instead. If anything, direct that anger you have on something meaningful instead. Video games or manga or whatever sure as heck isn't worth getting angry over.

It's always good to take one's own advice. I wish you luck.

Kater

Banned
Huh...

While Attach managed to take wanted posters' pictures of the Straw Hat Pirates during their attack on Enies Lobby (though Nami's was taken during their time back in Water 7), he failed to take a proper one for Sanji due to several reasons: in one instance, Sanji was showing his heart face while in another he was under the influence of the Awa Awa no Mi, yet another had his face being blocked out by someone else, and in another shot he was being kicked in the groin at that moment. The picture that was supposed to be his was when they got over the Enies Lobby main island gate was taken with the lens cap on.[3] Attach was telling his superior the great troubles he went through to get the picture for Sanji. Due to this, a poorly drawn portrait was used instead.[1]

(source)

So it was said that they didn't want to use the photos of Sanji with the hearts-for-eyes but now they use this one here anyway? Kinda odd and inconsistent.

Attach pls

bjork

Huh...

(source)

So it was said that they didn't want to use the photos of Sanji with the hearts-for-eyes but now they use this one here anyway? Kinda odd and inconsistent.

Attach pls

Maybe after so many failed attempts, they just took what they could get. Besides, he's looked like that most of the time since the timeskip anyway, sadly. So it makes him easier to identify.

Huh...

Attach pls

In the manga, only the thing about the photo being taken with the lens cap on was mentioned, I'm fairly certain. That other info is from One Piece Yellow. Don't know if Oda wrote all of it, but if so either he forgot about it or the marines changed their minds and just went with it in lack of a better option, lol.

Kater

Banned
Urgh, haha.

So the sketch was not really necessary and they should have just went with the photo then. Silly Marine people. That's why they never get stuff done.

Nightbird

May bad then!

I'm pretty awful at detecting sarcasm on the Internet :p

Those new posters.

What the hell is going on with Sanji? Also, that means that Usopp has bounties as both Sogeking AND as God Ussop, right?

I dig Nami and her vain glamour shot picture, and Robin looks really cool in hers.

Reading One Piece makes me feel like a kid again. :D

Those new posters.

What the hell is going on with Sanji? Also, that means that Usopp has bounties as both Sogeking AND as God Ussop, right?

I dig Nami and her vain glamour shot picture, and Robin looks really cool in hers.

Reading One Piece makes me feel like a kid again. :D
Robin,zoros,nami's and luffy bounty pics are my favorites robin and zoro cause it looks badass,nami just straight up looking sexy and luffys carefree pictures always get me

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Am I misremembering or making this up?

When Nami got her first bounty photo she said she was tricked by the photographer and thought it was for something else?

Damn, excellent chapter. Oda can bring the hype when it matters. This actually feels like more of a turning point then the last one.

About the bounties - HOW THE FUCK IS CHOPPER'S BOUNTY 100? I could have sworn Kizaru and Sentoumaru saw his Monster form. Sanji's poster probably actually isn't Sanji since they decided to keep Chopper's joke running. I thought Usopp's would be higher and I was always confused as to why Robin's was so low. She is the most dangerous person in the entire crew.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Enough AGGRESSION, PEOPLE.

Anyway of course Zoro's stronger that Sanji, he's USING SWORDS. Obviously Zoro's got some crazy inhuman strength via various non-sword feats but is he stronger than Sanji physically? Could he kick harder? I doubt that. Though at the same time, I'm sure Sanji can't lift as much weight as Zoro. Arm vs leg strength?

Give Sanji his knives and then we'll have a real fight.

Loudninja

Enough AGGRESSION, PEOPLE.

Anyway of course Zoro's stronger that Sanji, he's USING SWORDS. Obviously Zoro's got some crazy inhuman strength via various non-sword feats but is he stronger than Sanji physically? Could he kick harder? I doubt that. Though at the same time, I'm sure Sanji can't lift as much weight as Zoro. Arm vs leg strength?

Give Sanji his knives and then we'll have a real fight.
Swords have nothing to do with it.

Yes he is stronger physically though that has been proving.

With these bounty increases, I hope we eventually see a reason as to why Bounties exist in the first place. As it is, no one would be able to claim these bounties since the only pirate hunters we have seen are scrub tier. At the point of 500,000,000 like Law or Luffy, that isn't a job for anyone lower then the rank of Vice Admiral to even consider handling.

With these bounty increases, I hope we eventually see a reason as to why Bounties exist in the first place. As it is, no one would be able to claim these bounties since the only pirate hunters we have seen are scrub tier. At the point of 500,000,000 like Law or Luffy, that isn't a job for anyone lower then the rank of Vice Admiral to even consider handling.

It's just for determining power levels and also for the readers to see progress. Like you said, it's pretty much irrelevant since no one will be able to collect the bounty.

I think the marines got everyone apart from Baby 5 who went with the fleet. There were panels with them being locked up if I remember right. Senor Pink meets Mr 2 in impel down cover stories would be great.

Raxus

Another great chapter. I really want to catch up with the other straw hats now. I am agreeing with some other people here. Sanji has royal blood in him and doesn't know it. LOL 200 million for Usopp. God indeed. Poor Chopper. You will earn your bounty eventually.

If it's not representative of strength at all, why doesn't Zoro and Sanji have the same bounties then? I know what you mean, but it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Strength isn't the only factor taken into account when bounties are issued. It's not always as cut-n-dry as that.

Zoro is portrayed and viewed by many as Luffy's second-in-command, so he usually gets the second highest bounty. Zoro also had a reputation in East Blue before he became a pirate.

Sanji's actions are usually done behind-the-scenes or go unnoticed.

Reputation, action, strength, threat level....
All of these things factor into a bounty.

Lunar15

Strength isn't the only factor taken into account when bounties are issued. It's not always as cut-n-dry as that.

Zoro is portrayed and viewed by many as Luffy's second-in-command, so he usually gets the second highest bounty. Zoro also had a reputation in East Blue before he became a pirate.

Oda's desire to keep the rivalry gag between Zoro and Sanji alight...

This time however the bounties are already irrelevant considering the Marines don't know Luffy now has a grand fleet consisting of other pirates with bounties greater than his own(ex. Don Chinjao).

Sanji and Zoro seem to have pretty different roles. Zoro is like the assault who will go all out to take down the hardest opponent. While Sanji is a guardian who always seems to be there to protect anyone no matter how strong the person attacking them is.

This time however the bounties are already irrelevant considering the Marines don't know Luffy now has a grand fleet consisting of other pirates with bounties greater than his own(ex. Don Chinjao).

I think that happens a lot, their information network only goes so far. Imagine if the WG knew that Nico Robin hung out with Dragon of all people for two whole years. #1 and #2 on the "Most Dangerous to the existence of the WG" were buddies. The Gorosei would have a collective heart attack.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So...the Dragon from Hazard Punk that Brownbeard said a certain Tenryuubito named long ago is totally gonna be Sanji, right?

Also I remember this Tenryuubito speculation way back for Sanji---forgot why people thought it originally. The flashback we saw didn't make him seem like he was any richer than, say, the people hanging out at the Baratie. But I doubt Oda really planned out the Tenryuubito back that far though so I can see it.

Also I remember the "Sanji is a vampire!" speculation too...

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Step aside Sanji lovers.

The new monster trio has been decided:

Luffy, Zoro, God Usopp

Sanji now part of the weakling trio.

People have had nobility theories about Sanji since forever. I remember people thought he was going to be Doffy's little brother since they were both blonde and from North Blue.

I think that happens a lot, their information network only goes so far. Imagine if the WG knew that Nico Robin hung out with Dragon of all people for two whole years. #1 and #2 on the "Most Dangerous to the existence of the WG" were buddies. The Gorosei would have a collective heart attack.

I really want to see what Robin did during those two years. She must've met a lot of interesting people and seen a bunch of interesting things. Robin's two-year story sounds more interesting than any of the other characters' stories.

This is what I've been saying all along, lol.

I really want to see what Robin did during those two years. She must've met a lot of interesting people and seen a bunch of interesting things. Robin's two-year story sounds more interesting than any of the other characters' stories.

Yeah for sure. Robin seems like the kind of person who wouldn't talk about it until it came up and mattered. Still sad we never saw the crew tell each other about their experience over the 2 years before FIshman Island started. Nobody even asked what happened to Franky or why Zoro lost an eye or why Brook is so gaudy now

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Bounties are just like DBZ Power Levels, both of them aren't meant to be the be-all end-all and the characters who take them seriously usually lose because of that.

Don't underestimate us Earthlings!

Oda's desire to keep the rivalry gag between Zoro and Sanji alight...
Oda takes his gags very seriously sometimes. For example, the God Usopp stuff is going to be a permanent part of Usopp's repertoire.

The marines' intelligence isn't nigh-omnipotent. They probably won't know about the fleet until a few arcs from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom