• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that happens a lot, their information network only goes so far. Imagine if the WG knew that Nico Robin hung out with Dragon of all people for two whole years. #1 and #2 on the "Most Dangerous to the existence of the WG" were buddies. The Gorosei would have a collective heart attack.

I don't think robin is number 2 on the most dangerous to the existence of the WG list
Hell don was blackmailing them and most likely know more info than robin on certain topics.
Still if luffy was interesting in that sort of stuff ray could spill the beans on everything .

tumblr_nv6dp579gs1rnoltyo2_540.png

tumblr_nv6dp579gs1rnoltyo3_540.png

(゜-゜)
GODA playing us

I don't think robin is number 2 on the most dangerous to the existence of the WG list
Hell don was blackmailing them and most likely know more info than robin on certain topics.
Still if luffy was interesting in that sort of stuff ray could spill the beans on everything .

You know what, you are right. I forgot about Rayleigh. Robin will eventually get his level of forbidden knowledge, and then it's whether or not the first mate of Roger or the sole survivor of Ohana is more dangerous.

Chariot

But Kalifa is the weakest...
Cipherpol is - as far I understood - less about physical strength and more about intelligence. They do assassinations, but there is in any case need for Kalifa's organisation talent and her gender, since none of the others actually can infiltrate where men can't step in.

I bought Vol 21 of the One Piece manga on Google Play and they call Zoro Zolo... is that a warning that I should not buy the rest? How accurate/censored is the translation in them?

I love CP9, I love Rokushiki and I'm glad Lucci's back. I thought he was an amazing villain and he and Luffy had a fantastic fight.

It was really cool to see someone push Luffy to his limits with just raw, physical strength.

Kater

Banned
I bought Vol 21 of the One Piece manga on Google Play and they call Zoro Zolo... is that a warning that I should not buy the rest? How accurate/censored is the translation in them?

I think it's just a minor mistake, no? And they fixed it later if I remember that right.

I need to see Yasopp's reaction to God Usopp.
Yeah, I wanna see that. I hope it will be something emotional. Maybe even a flashback from his point of view!

Yeah for sure. Robin seems like the kind of person who wouldn't talk about it until it came up and mattered. Still sad we never saw the crew tell each other about their experience over the 2 years before FIshman Island started. Nobody even asked what happened to Franky or why Zoro lost an eye or why Brook is so gaudy now

Yeah, I always thought that was off. I'm not sure if we are to assume that they talked about these things off-screen or if we are to assume that they didn't care? Zoro losing an eye will probably (hopefully?) be discussed later as some reveal of sorts, at least. I understand Oda just probably wanted to get going with the next arc at the time but I wouldn't have minded two or three pages of the strawhats catching up with each other.

I figured CP9 would be out to kill Spandam, that was the last we saw of them in the cover story. Also wonder how they worked their way back into the good graces of the WG.

Yeah, I always thought that was off. I'm not sure if we are to assume that they talked about these things off-screen or if we are to assume that they didn't care? Zoro losing an eye will probably (hopefully?) be discussed later as some reveal of sorts, at least. I understand Oda just probably wanted to get going with the next arc at the time but I wouldn't have minded two or three pages of the strawhats catching up with each other.

They talk off screen .
I remember when they were going down to FI luffy and someone else were talking .
Then there also times when certain crew members know about stuff that happen before they join .

They talk off screen .
I remember when they were going down to FI luffy and someone else were talking .
Then there also times when certain crew members know about stuff that happen before they join .

Yeah, I know, they also train and gain new moves off-screen. I was just thinking of all the two years-stuff in particular.

smurfx

get some go again
you know if sanji really is the son of some royal then we will probably find out at the reverie. look for whoever has curly brows and is probably a pervert. would be a nice way to tie the strawhats into the reverie other than being a topic of conversation.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Strength isn't the only factor taken into account when bounties are issued. It's not always as cut-n-dry as that.

Zoro is portrayed and viewed by many as Luffy's second-in-command, so he usually gets the second highest bounty. Zoro also had a reputation in East Blue before he became a pirate.

Sanji's actions are usually done behind-the-scenes or go unnoticed.

Reputation, action, strength, threat level....
All of these things factor into a bounty.

That's how its always been.

Zoro is the only single one dumber than Luffy. He's completely straight forward about having the most skill/power with as little utility as possible. In terms of raw power, he may even exceed Luffy by a tad, though not even close once you factor in everything else.

Sanji on the other hand while being weaker than the two, is far more tactical and intelligent. His moves have been giving him greater utility along the way from swimming to flying.

Happy Sanji could finally be getting his dues. Hasn't done much since Enies Lobby

Chariot

I think Zoro is easily stronger than Luffy from a physical strenght standpoint. Dude is doing nothing but train all day. Of course Luffy can balance the shortcoming out with his devilfruit powers. Although I am really not sure who would win in a serious battle between the two of them right now.

I'm too hyped with this to be able to study or do anything more. Damn one piece delivering the goods like the true king of Jump, forever and ever.

I think Zoro is easily stronger than Luffy from a physical strenght standpoint. Dude is doing nothing but train all day. Of course Luffy can balance the shortcoming out with his devilfruit powers. Although I am really not sure who would win in a serious battle between the two of them right now.

No way is Zoro stronger than luffy from a physical strength standpoint.
In water seven it took zoro using his swords to get out of a chimney .
While luffy broken apart two builds he was stuck between.
Luffy is a monster in physical strength not even counting in his gears .

I think it's just a minor mistake, no? And they fixed it later if I remember that right.

It's not a mistake on their end. Viz stuck with "Zolo" after Volume 5 and has never turned back, trying to match the 4Kids terminology. They got it right with "Zoro" when they first started, but....eh.

The excuse has been that "the volumes were too far in for them to change the name again", but it still doesn't hold up as a valid explanation when there's already an inconsistency with the older and newer edition Viz volume covers.

Luffy trained with Rayleigh.

Zoro trained with Mihawk.

Sanji just ran away from the Okama Way. Just think how powerful he would have been if just embraced them.

I can see it now sanji in real trouble and all hope is lost .
Then he does okama kenpo and truth is reveal , he was capture and he block it out his mind lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's not a mistake on their end. Viz stuck with "Zolo" after Volume 5 and has never turned back, trying to match the 4Kids terminology. They got it right with "Zoro" when they first started, but....eh.

The excuse has been that "the volumes were too far in for them to change the name again", but it still doesn't hold up as a valid explanation when there's already an inconsistency with the older and newer edition Viz volume covers.

That excuse is total bullshit...
Especially when Viz is the only One Piece media in NA that still spells it wrong.

Kater

Banned

Oh damn, lol.

That's a shame.

Yepp. I just want to add though that aside from Zoro being called Zolo, the Viz translation is by far the best English translation you'll find for One Piece.

Viz's One Piece translation is inconsistent in general. It's better than their worst works (Reborn, ick) and I still buy it to support the series, but it can get really...yeah.

Things have gotten better since Steven came on board, but stuff like "Little People" bug me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom