• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

JStkOgz.jpg

Hmm...

Hmm interesting
How did the eng dub do that scene.

Don't forget that Moriah has ties to Kaido too, and Absalom has already been confirmed to be active in the New World. Expecting him to show up during this next arc.

Also, I'll just leave this here.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/e7e9676b799d7c7713367f0a4ceda2e7/tumblr_nth17y7o3i1thl7ceo1_540.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Absalom works for the newspaper now as Absa.

Also dat picture. I approve.

Chariot

With Sanji's luck, it's probably a man or okama.
I wonder if part of his story arc of the grand scheme will be that he is coming to term with Okama and was a very in the closet one all along. His interest of women and disgust of Okama are way too over the top to not be subverted.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I want this "Sanji was royalty/tenryuubito all along" thing to be true SO BAD, I am gonna shit if it just ends up being some lame gag or "Sanji leaned something secret on Zou" or whatever. I love that explanation for how he got from blue to blue, too. Gimme it all!!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I bet a woman falls in love with Sanji and he doesn't like her for whatever reason, like she has some glaring flaw he can't see past. A chef who fights with her hands, someone who disrespects food, someone who hates Zeff for whatever reason. She'd be all Hancock over him and he'd just treat her like he treats Zoro.

I also really want the noble theory to be true. I hope the cliffhanger was hinting at a Sanji centric story arc and not just another gag.

Kater

Banned
I wonder if part of his story arc of the grand scheme will be that he is coming to term with Okama and was a very in the closet one all along. His interest of women and disgust of Okama are way too over the top to not be subverted.
I'd like that. It would be awesome if he got some Okama followers as subordinates as well then.

Attach is supposedly some super-sneaky photograph. :p

I think Zoro's photo comes from when he finished off the dragon, no?

Zoro didn't have his bandana on where fighting the dragon

most of the pictures (baring Usopp) where probably taken when they were at fisherman island

IHaveIce

Banned
But thinking about it, how do you leave the grand line at all? Can you go backwards on rivers mountain?
How did creek leave the grandline

Majukun

But thinking about it, how do you leave the grand line at all? Can you go backwards on rivers mountain?

it's one of the thing yet to be explained
probably the wg just organize some public transport able to go through the calm belt with ships with kairoseki bottoms and paddle

only guys we know that flew from the grand line were kraig and his fleet..and only one ship survived (even though part of it was due to mihawk)

I wonder how Krieg got out, in retrospect. I don't think that was ever mentioned. It must've been through the mountain or possibly if he's fleet was big enough the calm belt, yeah.

bjork

Boats can be rowed in times of no wind. I forget if it was anime or manga (possibly both) but the Merry was rowed out of a calm belt.

Korosenai

Another thing I noticed about the Sanji thing.

Let's look at the World Map:

WR872Un.png

Sanji is from the North Blue, and to get to East Blue you either need to cross Reverse Mountain, go through Fishman Island, or go through Mariejois itself (stated in the manga that's pretty much the only way to cross). You can also climb these massive walls of the Red Line ala manly man Fisher Tiger, which I doubt Sanji did as a child:

vihC82S.png

Sanji was surprised when Nami mentioned Reverse Mountain as a way to get to the Grand Line, as if he didn't even know what it was:

And we all remember this infamous scene from Fishman Island:

This suggest the only way Sanji could've crossed into East Blue, is through Mariejois' jurisdiction.

Sanji crossed through Mariejois to get to East Blue as a child.
He's also got a huge fascination for mermaids. Notice where the mermaids are in comparison to mariejois. Maybe he saw them a lot as a kid before he ran away and it left a lasting impression on him.

Lunar15

I think the idea with the grand line is that it's not IMPOSSIBLE to cross the calm belt and enter it, it's just that it's extremely hard for 90% of the pirates in the non-Grand Line seas, including Luffy's crew when they were starting out.

Our perspective of this world is kind of messed up as we've been in the Grand Line for so long. I think the idea is that the other seas are incredibly normal and ho-hum compared to the nonsense of the Grand Line. The strongest all congregate there. Luffy's crew was just running into complete anomalies like Mermen and Devil's Fruit users in East Blue when it's actually a pretty unusual circumstance.

The other answer is that when Oda wrote about both Zeff and Don Kreig returning from the Grand Line, he hadn't yet figured out how you enter it yet.

I think the idea with the grand line is that it's not IMPOSSIBLE to cross the calm belt and enter it, it's just that it's extremely hard for 90% of the pirates in the non-Grand Line seas, including Luffy's crew when they were starting out.

Our perspective of this world is kind of messed up as we've been in the Grand Line for so long. I think the idea is that the other seas are incredibly normal and ho-hum compared to the nonsense of the Grand Line. The strongest all congregate there. Luffy's crew was just running into complete anomalies like Mermen and Devil's Fruit users in East Blue when it's actually a pretty unusual circumstance.

The other answer is that when Oda wrote about both Zeff and Don Kreig returning from the Grand Line, he hadn't yet figured out how you enter it yet.

East blue is supposed to be the safest sea in the world by far so you can't really use it as a comparison for the other blues. Only in that they are supposed to be between there and paradise in terms of danger. So devil fruits could be way more common and there could be many more dangerous warlike people there who could easily defeat someone like Arlong or Don Krieg.

We do know more about the Sea Kings now. Enough to know that the calm belt isn't really impassable. But it's only been shown as the marines who fairly recently built multiple ships that can reliably cross it. I don't think that Fishman or Mariejois connect anything other than than the two halves of the grand line.

Oda didn't really show much of the reverse mountain as a way of connecting the blues or even leaving paradise but it's supposed to be the main route. But Loguetown was supposed to be a busy port because it was so close to the mountain.

Lunar15

East blue is supposed to be the safest sea in the world by far so you can't really use it as a comparison for the other blues. Only in that they are supposed to be between there and paradise in terms of danger. So devil fruits could be way more common and there could be many more dangerous warlike people there who could easily defeat someone like Arlong or Don Krieg.

We do know more about the Sea Kings now. Enough to know that the calm belt isn't really impassable. But it's only been shown as the marines who fairly recently built multiple ships that can reliably cross it. I don't think that Fishman or Mariejois connect anything other than than the two halves of the grand line.

Oda didn't really show much of the reverse mountain as a way of connecting the blues or even leaving paradise but it's supposed to be the main route. But Loguetown was supposed to be a busy port because it was so close to the mountain.

You forget, however, that the Kuja pirates have operated out of the Calm Belt for ages and had no issues going through it. They just used giant sea snakes to do it. Law was also able to get through it using his submarine in order to reach Amazon Lily. So, it's possible, just difficult to do consistently. Don Kreig could have found a way out, but did so by the skin of his teeth. His crew had been through some shit, not just Mihawk.

Don't forget that Moriah has ties to Kaido too, and Absalom has already been confirmed to be active in the New World. Expecting him to show up during this next arc.

Also, I'll just leave this here.

tumblr_nth17y7o3i1thl7ceo1_540.png

ugh please no, I hate Absalom. Thriller Bark is easily my least favorite arc, until the very end anyway.

Attach is supposedly some super-sneaky photograph. :p

I think Zoro's photo comes from when he finished off the dragon, no?

I thought it was when he "beat" Monet

I wonder if Oda just went "fuck it" and picked whatever images for the wanted posters he wanted, lol.

probably haha

I wonder how Krieg got out, in retrospect. I don't think that was ever mentioned. It must've been through the mountain or possibly if he's fleet was big enough the calm belt, yeah.

nah, by the time he left the grand line his whole fleet was wiped out by Mihawk, he only had one ship left after that. He probably just got lucky, or Oda hadn't come up with the idea of calm belts yet (had they been mentioned at that point?).

You forget, however, that the Kuja pirates have operated out of the Calm Belt for ages and had no issues going through it. They just used giant sea snakes to do it. Law was also able to get through it using his submarine in order to reach Amazon Lily. So, it's possible, just difficult to do consistently. Don Kreig could have found a way out, but did so by the skin of his teeth. His crew had been through some shit, not just Mihawk.

where is Amazon Lily geographically? Can Law make a room extending outside of his submarine?

Also, I can't remember if Vegapunk made kairoseki or not. It's the only reason I can think of why no pirate (barring Shichibukai) would have access to it.

I didn't forget that it's just that this is unique to the Kuja pirates. I think that Raleigh also swam there because he is insane. Don Krieg was not strong enough to deal with sea kings. I guess it's possible that his fleet drifted through the calm belt but there is no reason why sea kings would not notice his ships other than Oda just not caring. It's really not clear if anything can be worked out from Sanji getting from N blue to E without knowing about the reverse mountain. Either he was just not aware what was going on or he was using some fantastic travel method that could be literally anything you can imagine. Like maybe he was abducted by aliens or something.

Lunar15

I didn't forget that it's just that this is unique to the Kuja pirates. I think that Raleigh also swam there because he is insane. Don Krieg was not strong enough to deal with sea kings. I guess it's possible that his fleet drifted through the calm belt but there is no reason why sea kings would not notice his ships other than Oda just not caring. It's really not clear if anything can be worked out from Sanji getting from N blue to E without knowing about the reverse mountain. Either he was just not aware what was going on or he was using some fantastic travel method that could be literally anything you can imagine.

Haha I forgot about Raleigh swimming through the calm belt. Great moment.

Really though, I'm just going to go with Oda not actually thinking through the calm belt when he he wrote the Baratie Arc.

ugh please no, I hate Absalom. Thriller Bark is easily my least favorite arc, until the very end anyway.

I thought it was when he "beat" Monet

probably haha

nah, by the time he left the grand line his whole fleet was wiped out by Mihawk, he only had one ship left after that. He probably just got lucky, or Oda hadn't come up with the idea of calm belts yet (had they been mentioned at that point?).

where is Amazon Lily geographically? Can Law make a room extending outside of his submarine?

Also, I can't remember if Vegapunk made kairoseki or not. It's the only reason I can think of why no pirate (barring Shichibukai) would have access to it.
Kairoseki is naturally occurring. Wiper even had some on sky island. It's just rare and probably difficult to mine and shape

The fact it's the only wanted poster that's ever featured the "only alive" message in all this years has to mean something a lot more important than just a gag. This is probably serious shit.

Can't wait to know about it.

Edit: that newspaper that doesn't show sanji's face is too damn suspicious.

The fact it's the only wanted poster that's ever featured the "only alive" message in all this years has to mean something a lot more important than just a gag. This is probably serious shit.

Can't wait to know about it.
It's going to be both and you'll like it

The noble theory is honestly pretty ridiculous imo, and the "evidence" is just people going back and looking to create a pattern. It's very easy to find stuff that can be construed as evidence if you look hard enough. I think anyone who believes this isn't related to what Sanji's been up to offscreen in the past few in universe days is insane

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

The noble theory is honestly pretty ridiculous imo, and the "evidence" is just people going back and looking to create a pattern. It's very easy to find stuff that can be construed as evidence if you look hard enough. I think anyone who believes this isn't related to what Sanji's been up to offscreen in the past few in universe days is insane
The article that talks about it makes an interesting point, maybe he isn't a noble, but maybe he was a very important/precious Slave to a big world noble. The fact that the minute Sanji gets a real picture he gets an alive only tag is super curious. Up to that point, his poster was a drawing and a picture of the back of his head.

Someone was looking for him.

Also his attitude is totally one of reformed world noble.

I'm just trying to think of what Sanji could have possibly learned in the few days since he left Dressrosa. The first thing that comes to mind is something about one of the Ultimate Weapons (Uranus is the only one we know nothing about I think) or the Rio Poneglyph, but both of those seem pretty unlikely. I feel like this has to be something that has been a long time coming, or Oda retroactively making some story connections.

Bravoexo

I worry about Barratie and the cooks there, especially Red Zeff. I am guessing, he'd know Sanji's secret, if he did have one that mattered to th World Government.

I'm just trying to think of what Sanji could have possibly learned in the few days since he left Dressrosa. The first thing that comes to mind is something about one of the Ultimate Weapons (Uranus is the only one we know nothing about I think) or the Rio Poneglyph, but both of those seem pretty unlikely. I feel like this has to be something that has been a long time coming, or Oda retroactively making some story connections.

It makes more sense that his wanted poster, which now accurately shows what his face looks like, has reached the hands of people who were previously unaware of what Blackleg Sanji actually looks like.

Russ T

Banned

I also, gun to my head, believe it's just related to what he's been doing off-panel, but geez it's not like it's impossible that he's got a secret. That's never happened before in the world of One Piece...

It makes more sense that his wanted poster, which now accurately shows what his face looks like, has reached the hands of people who were previously unaware of what Blackleg Sanji actually looks like.

yeah, so that would have to mean that he was previously wanted as well though, or that he already has some secret, or knowledge or w/e

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The last time they even brought up bringing bounties in alive was Little Garden. Alive bounties are worth 30% more I believe.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That was in Whiskey Peak. But yeah, Oda dropped the ball on bounty hunters after Baroque Works ended.
People always forget about cactus man in the coliseum.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Abasalom is Sanji's long-lost brother.

Think about it...they had a lot in common, and if Sanji is possibly from a royal family, Absalom likewise appears to have potentially hailed from a royal family as well as his picture as a child shows him wearing a hat like Sabo, and his general personality suggest royalty. Interestingly enough, both the childhood picture of Absalom as well as the lion we see in Thriller Bark it's speculated he switched faces with, have a bandage covering one of their eyebrows, presumably a curly one suggesting a common trait of Sanji's family.

If we take that possible foreshadowing Sanji made during Davy Back Fight when he refers to himself as a prince, notice what he's wearing on his head is the same basic shape as Absalom's crown as well.

Devil Fruits are rather mysterious---is it possible that perhaps when one eats a Devil Fruit, some of that power may through some mysterious means manifest itself subtly in blood-relatives? Perhaps when Attach tried to snap a shot of Sanji for the original Wanted Poster, he subconsciously borrowed the power of Absalom's fruit and temporarily turned invisible?

Finally, to bring this theory full circle, note that whoever would be looking for Sanji who knew him as a child would be looking for someone with a RIGHT curly eyebrow, as that's how Sanji looked before the time-skip. If you believe my theory, then Absalom's curly eyebrow would be the RIGHT one. See where I'm going with this? Absalom and Sanji were brothers who both ran away from home and became estranged, neither of them recognizing one another---presumably they also changed their names at some point. Thus, the person wanting Sanji "Alive" is actually looking for Absalom, not Sanji.

SolVanderlyn

What if it turns out Sanji is related to the Void Century somehow? Through his family or otherwise.

I'm getting so hyped that my fav character might be getting an awesome story arc. Please please don't be a gag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom