• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hated by the sea", huh. I wonder if Devilfruits are alien and not native to the blue world.

There are so many crazy ideas about them .
And now that we get ADFs people have even more crazy ideas .
Still it does make you wonder if during the void century they were made or something like that .

Eat a fruit and be banished from a domain. Treasure tree adam, sunlight tree eve. Devil child Nico Robin coming from the Tree of Knowledge in Ohara. He's not really using obscure symbolism.

I expect, if they ever fight them, that the Gorosei have some crazy as fuck powers, like meteor showers more incredible than those from fujitora, something really epic.

Lunar15

Now that we know that Devil's Fruits can reappear after the user dies, I feel confident in saying that Devil's Fruits are tied to the lost civilization that was wiped out by the World Government.

Now that we know that Devil's Fruits can reappear after the user dies, I feel confident in saying that Devil's Fruits are tied to the lost civilization that was wiped out by the World Government.

We've known this for years, and it was really, really obvious from the beginning. How else would there be a book on what devil fruits look like and their abilities? And they would've all run out if they didn't reappear.

bjork

I can't recall if it's been covered, but would Brook have to "die" again in order for his fruit to reappear, or was just the first time enough?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*sees new Viz Jump is out*
*they edit Zoro's name on the poster*
Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh. Why?

Lunar15

We've known this for years, and it was really, really obvious from the beginning. How else would there be a book on what devil fruits look like and their abilities? And they would've all run out if they didn't reappear.

Well, now that we know for a fact. You can say there were theories, but we didn't know shit until the start of Dressrosa. Even Blackbeard's stunt was not necessarily confirmation.

Either way, the point is that I'm guessing that they're connected to the people who lived in that lost civilization. One my "out there" theories is that the Devil's Fruits themselves are Uranus, or rather, the fallout of Uranus.

Also, seeing Lucci again makes me think we'll definitely see Enel again. I used to write him off since he went to, you know, space. But Oda can't resist bringing old villains back and I can't see any reason why Enel couldn't make a return.

bjork

*sees new Viz Jump is out*
*they edit Zoro's name on the poster*
Uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh. Why?

Initially it was the "people might sue because Zorro" nonsense, but now I think it's just a case of it being too late to change it back. Funimation uses Zoro afaik and the phone game does as well, so if there were some lawsuit potential, it would've happened a long time back.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Initially it was the "people might sue because Zorro" nonsense, but now I think it's just a case of it being too late to change it back. Funimation uses Zoro afaik and the phone game does as well, so if there were some lawsuit potential, it would've happened a long time back.

It's actually 4Kids' fault.
They were the ones afraid of getting sued, so they changed it. From what I understand, they were so paranoid about any possible lawsuits due to the show's violence that they covered their asses in more ways than one. Including changing Zoro's name. Viz was forced to follow suit and go along with all their name changes (like Loguetown to Roguetown, which completely ignores the meaning Oda was going for).

Funimation does use Zoro, as does every video game. Viz are the ones stuck in the past.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Shouldn't rain be a major hindrance to Devil Fruit users?

I know Oda says it doesn't, but that's weird it's exempt.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'd like to see at least one Fish Zoan just to see how that'd work. Would they just comically flop around on land since they can't swim?

The power drain is all about being submerged.

Yeah, but it just seems like perhaps rain would weaken the powers too since it's probably pretty salty rain falling on those islands.

Would've been neat if rain was a big equalizer to the Devil Fruit Users---would make Nami more useful, and Dance Powder could have an even bigger role. Come to think of it, outside of the little storms when they're sailing, I can't remember too many rain scenes outside of Lougetown's Climax and the Alabasta plot-point.

bjork

I'd like to see at least one Fish Zoan just to see how that'd work. Would they just comically flop around on land since they can't swim?

Yeah, but it just seems like perhaps rain would weaken the powers too since it's probably pretty salty rain falling on those islands.

Would've been neat if rain was a big equalizer to the Devil Fruit Users---would make Nami more useful, and Dance Powder could have an even bigger role. Come to think of it, outside of the little storms when they're sailing, I can't remember too many rain scenes outside of Lougetown's Climax and the Alabasta plot-point.

She could uh... zap someone with lightning and while they're KOed, drown them?

jbug617

Banned
news that came out earlier today but Namco confirmed that One Piece: Burning Blood is coming out in the West in 2016. Coming to PS4, Vita and Xbox One.

Veelk

Banned
She could uh... zap someone with lightning and while they're KOed, drown them?

He means that she could negate DF powers via weather....

Which, honestly, she still should be able to do. She just needs to make some sort of super rain cloud that pours a metric ton of water instantly. It's stupid and impossible, but that's never stopped OP before, so I don't see why not. Any Battle that takes in an enclosed space, the opponent would have to get creative.

bjork

news that came out earlier today but Namco confirmed that One Piece: Burning Blood is coming out in the West in 2016. Coming to PS4, Vita and Xbox One.

I wonder what's up with Namco and "burning" in their upcoming games?

One Piece: Burning Blood

Crows: Burning Edge

Neither of them have any reference in the series to the subtitle, so I don't get it.

He means that she could negate DF powers via weather....

I was being facetious, chief.

Oxn

Idk about Crows, but Burning Blood imo is a reference to Luffy's Gear abilities, is it not? He pumps blood at a very fast rate through contraction of his rubber body creating steam and fire in Red Hawk's case.

No, it refers to Sabo. Burning is the new fruit he got from his not so blood brother, hence Burning Blood.

bjork

I suppose either of those could be, but the seem kinda fuzzy to me. I guess it could just be a name, or maybe it's a special attack mode or something.

jbug617

Banned
Via One Piece Podcast

CQAeBkVU8AA_2Yc.png

@KKRP2: #PieceTheTweet Spandam looks similar to the guy Doflamingo talked to in 595 about Moria vanishing. One and the same?
https://twitter.com/KKRP2/status/648551359411843072

Kornflayx

But why would it be Spandam, who's definitely an underling in the organization. Who is he to tell Doflamingo that he can't do his job of getting rid of Moria.

Just doesn't make sense to me

Chariot

If I had to meet with Domingo I would send Spandam too. No way I wanna argue with that guy. Spandam can't do anything anyway, might as well be the scapegoat that takes shit jobs like that.

SoulUnison

Banned
I wish those color version were out in print. Would buy them in a heartbeat.

I actually put off getting into the series for *years* until I discovered the digital colored editions.

The anime pacing got so bad that I was just too bored to keep following, and Oda's art in the manga is fantastic, but sometimes it can be so detailed and busy that it's hard to tell what's going on or even what the main focus of a panel is supposed to be. I got frustrated reading certain chapters a half dozen times and still only sometimes having a cursory idea of how things were moving.

It's especially hard to follow fight scenes in the manga, at times, but I've had that problem with all of the Big 3.

It's not an option anymore, but I used to actually just stop reading Bleach whenever a fight scene came up because Kubo does great character art but his fight composition is just a clusterfuck of "things happening." I'd wait to see the scene in the anime where I could make some actual sense of it.

Squishy3

So was going back through when the Broker's were commenting on Caesar's defeat on Punk Hazard.

Chapter 692, page 8. (Bonus maybe Lucci appearance, this was hypothesized way back when if you remember)

65mA4.png

Latest chapter:

1qkNln6.png

Kaido's jolly roger as seen in chapter 795, so Jack is all but straight out confirmed to be a subordinate of Kaido's (Said before by people in this thread but this is the closest to concrete proof and pointing out it's not the first time he's been mentioned) and the Underworld appearance seems to be before Oda solidified Kaido's design.
Ta5v30Y.jpg

hunnies28

So was going back through when the Broker's were commenting on Caesar's defeat on Punk Hazard.

Chapter 692, page 8. (Bonus maybe Lucci appearance, this was hypothesized way back when if you remember)

65mA4.png

Latest chapter:

1qkNln6.png

Kaido's jolly roger as seen in chapter 795, so Jack is all but straight out confirmed to be a subordinate of Kaido's (Said before by people in this thread but this is the closest to concrete proof and pointing out it's not the first time he's been mentioned) and the Underworld appearance seems to be before Oda solidified Kaido's design.
Ta5v30Y.jpg

I just love to read about all this little details that Oda plants and completely fly over my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom