• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah caribou knows about it. if you don't remember he overheard the conversation between robin and king neptune about shirahoshi being the ancient weapon pluton. kaido finding out would probably be best for the story since he is luffy's next target and he is trying to start a huge war and what better way than with shirahoshi who can call sea kings to obliterate entire islands.

ooooooh yeah you're totally right. I just read part of his wiki page, and at the end of his cover story he was carried away by X Drake, so it would totally make sense if Kaidou tried to make a move on Poseidon if Caribou tells him about it.

I'm saying he was traveling around East Blue gathering his crew and going on adventures when Luffy was a kid and hadn't set foot in the Grand Line at that point. 10 years passed between when Shanks loses his arm betting it on Luffy and when Luffy begins his next journey, so plenty of time for him to make the progress in the Grand Line he ended up making.

We know Shanks had been in the Grand Line before. Blackbeard gave him those scars before the series started, and at that point he was still part of Whitebeard's crew, who was presumably somewhere in the Grand Line/New World. There's also no way he was in Roger's crew without having set foot in the grand line before.

We can also surmise that by the time he was in Windmill Town he was already a somewhat notorious pirate since he was having duels with Mihawk, and he had the guts to take on Whitebeard in some capacity.

By this logic, all you need to finish the new world is to travel the calm belt and you are in.

that doesn't mean it's an easy feat though.

By this logic, all you need to finish the new world is to travel the calm belt and you are in.

We know you can get from the grandline to the blues by using the clam belt .
In fact that is how coby got into the grandline .
Still there can be reasons why you can't get to end of the new world that way .
Maybe something blocking your path or seas king more deadly there , the yonko guarding those places etc etc
We have to wait to find out plus it's not easy to do it .

Big One

Banned
interesting. Where would you say a battle with Shanks (not necessarily b/w Luffy and Shanks, but a battle including Shanks) would fit into this? I imagine that Shanks and his crew would fight BB and Crew before Luffy's fleet, due to their history.
Shanks will die before Luffy gets a chance to fight him. Basically it'll be Ace's death 2.0 and a breaking point for Luffy's character.

Shanks will die before Luffy gets a chance to fight him. Basically it'll be Ace's death 2.0 and a breaking point for Luffy's character.

That is not going to happen, maybe afterwards but no way before.
Oda is not going to do the something again plus luffy character does not need a breaking point .

bjork

I'm leaning more towards it being
Shanks' crew beating BB handily and then being revealed as giant villains somehow, there to fight Luffy and crew.

Not exactly sure how. But any other way seems too easy, even for a weekly shounen.

smurfx

get some go again
i actually think blackbeard will end up killing shanks crew but he will somehow be spared. i think shanks will be alive to witness luffy become a great pirate but i don't think he and his crew can stick around for the story to progress and have luffy and blackbeard become the top pirates of the era. plus i see shanks briefly joining the strawhats in the final war vs the world government.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
i actually think blackbeard will end up killing shanks crew but he will somehow be spared. i think shanks will be alive to witness luffy become a great pirate but i don't think he and his crew can stick around for the story to progress and have luffy and blackbeard become the top pirates of the era. plus i see shanks briefly joining the strawhats in the final war vs the world government.
Shanks could just be the new Whitebeard. Just does his thing, no interest in becoming PK.

smurfx

get some go again
Shanks could just be the new Whitebeard. Just does his thing, no interest in becoming PK.
there would always be a question of who is stronger between luffy and shanks. plus there would be the fear of him and his crew making an alliance with luffy. i see his crew basically sacrificing themselves so shanks can live on. of course it would be against shanks wishes but i don't think they would care. kinda like how zoro was willing to sacrifice himself so the crew could go on. i doubt luffy would have approved of his move but zoro did what needed to be done. luffy will prove his superiority to shanks crew not by beating blackbeard but by becoming the pirate king. i don't think luffy is ever going to fight shanks.

wonder if some huge thing will happen at the reverie. i'm counting on it but i wonder how it will go down. if caribou ended up telling kaido about shirahoshi then maybe he kidnaps her and takes her away and gives luffy motivation to take him down. although it's also possible that the world government gets that information out of caribou and charges king neptune with the crime of having an ancient weapon and then puts him and his family in prison and takes control of shirahoshi. hopefully we see some of the real people in power at mariejoa. it's about time we see who is controlling the 5 elders.

There are people controlling the elders? This is news to me.

tumblr_nvcmmhkTqA1tll3umo1_1280.png
http://enkosic.tumblr.com/post/130003473793/another-excuse-to-draw-dragons

Consider me sold on Kaido having a Eastern Dragon devil fruit power.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
yeah caribou knows about it. if you don't remember he overheard the conversation between robin and king neptune about shirahoshi being the ancient weapon poseidon. kaido finding out would probably be best for the story since he is luffy's next target and he is trying to start a huge war and what better way than with shirahoshi who can call sea kings to obliterate entire islands.

I happened to reread this chapter today. He actually says to himself that he wanted to use the captured Shirahoshi and all the stolen treasure to curry favor with a "certain someone." Maybe indeed Kaido!

Chariot

Answer down ?
Like every head of state. They are thd highest authority, but they still depend on the people below them to uphold the power structure. They can't just fuck around with the nobles or the Marines like Obama can't just bitchslap Mitt Romney when he feels like it or Putin can't just teabag his generals. Won't end well.

Like every head of state. They are thd highest authority, but they still depend on the people below them to uphold the power structure. They can't just fuck around with the nobles or the Marines like Obama can't just bitchslap Mitt Romney when he feels like it or Putin can't just teabag his generals. Won't end well.

Okay but they are higher than all the marines .
The only people above them are the world nobles .

I think the Elder Stars definitely have absolute authority over the Marines, but the last chapter we got with Akainu does seem to suggest that the Celestial Dragons have power beyond the Elder Stars.

Chariot

Hey, Akainu was able to vent at least in front of the Elders. Were they absolute, he probably couldn't do that. They need him and they don't decide things just to annoy him. The Elders need him and the Marine and they need the nobles, even if they are the highest official authority. The world nobles aren't officially above the the five, right?

Hey, Akainu was able to vent at least in front of the Elders. Were they absolute, he probably couldn't do that. They need him and they don't decide things just to annoy him. The Elders need him and the Marine and they need the nobles, even if they are the highest official authority. The world nobles aren't officially above the the five, right?

You can get into disagreement with you boss with out getting fired .
Still when Akainu was talking to the elder stars it seem the call about don was made above there head or that is what he thinks.
The 5 elder stars are in control of the WG but the world nobles most likely have there own set of power even above them.
Still someone has to choses the 5 elder stars and if it is the world nobles you can say they above them .

Lunar15

We don't know if Kaidou has a "dragon" fruit yet, but if he does, I wonder if it will tie into Vegapunk being obsessed with dragons and trying to re-create that fruit. Could it be that Kaidou was experimented on as a child, and that's why he's near invincible and cannot die?

We already know there's some connection between Dragons and Wano due to the samurai freaking out about Momonosuke's power. The current prevailing theory is that Kaidou himself is a Dragon. It'll be interesting to see.

Didn't Doflamingo say that the celestial dragons were hiding some pretty big secrets? Even if they have no strong warriors they probably have something that is scary enough to make the marines and elders do what they say. Maybe some sort of ultimate weapon like sprinklers that spray a whole area with salt water.

Truth is the WG\5elder star being above the CD make no sense since the CD came to power 800 years ago.
The CD most likely create the WG \ 5 elder star to do there dirty work .
Marines being the public face and CP being shadow group with what ever else they have .

Chariot

You can get into disagreement with you boss with out getting fired .
Still when Akainu was talking to the elder stars it seem the call about don was made above there head or that is what he thinks.
The 5 elder stars are in control of the WG but the world nobles most likely have there own set of power even above them.
Still someone has to choses the 5 elder stars and if it is the world nobles you can say they above them .
That's why I am talking about answering down.

Didn't Doflamingo say that the celestial dragons were hiding some pretty big secrets? Even if they have no strong warriors they probably have something that is scary enough to make the marines and elders do what they say. Maybe some sort of ultimate weapon like sprinklers that spray a whole area with salt water.
That too. Celestial Dragons probably got the equivalent to an atomic bomb. Maybe multiple things. Too dangerous to be actually used, but also too dangerous to be ignored by the government. Both in form of information and in actual destructive power.
Truth is the WG\%elder star being above the CD make no sense since the CD came to power 800 years ago.
The CD most likely create the WG \ 5 elder star to do there dirty work .
Marines being the public face and CP being shadow group with what ever else they have .
I wondered about the five. How old are they actually? They seem to have something special beyound their rank.

Sprinklers sound stupid but it would be a legitimately good weapon. I'm surprised that they've got all these inventions in the world of OP yet no water guns of sort. Considering how big of a threat devil fruits users are, developing water guns and pacifistas with water supplies should be a priority. I guess it's not happening for story reasons.

I wondered about the five .How old are they actually? They seem to have something special beyound their rank.

I hope we get some more info on them and the CDs because having to wait until we get to void century going to be a long wait .
We get some info on DFs this arc but it feel like it taking forever to get to vegapunk to get the full rundown on them .

Veelk

Banned
Sprinklers sound stupid but it would be a legitimately good weapon. I'm surprised that they've got all these inventions in the world of OP yet no water guns of sort. Considering how big of a threat devil fruits users are, developing water guns and pacifistas with water supplies should be a priority. I guess it's not happening for story reasons.

I thought that the water had to be in certain amount of quantity before it started affecting them. I mean, Luffy fought in the rain before, right?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Vegapunk's implied to be possibly an extraterrestrial, right? His name is probably a star reference and all to the Vega constellation, the cover-story with Enel implied the Karakuri automatons resembling the ones on the moon, and all. Actually I wonder if Vegapunk is perhaps actually a woman given the name?

The other day I thought of a stupid pun where he'd have special high-tech hover boots that ate the Ushi Ushi: Model Bull Devil Fruit and was called Das Bootes. I thought it was clever at the time.

Lunar15

Vegapunk's implied to be possibly an extraterrestrial, right? His name is probably a star reference and all to the Vega constellation, the cover-story with Enel implied the Karakuri automatons resembling the ones on the moon, and all. Actually I wonder if Vegapunk is perhaps actually a woman given the name?

The other day I thought of a stupid pun where he'd have special high-tech hover boots that ate the Ushi Ushi: Model Bull Devil Fruit and was called Das Bootes. I thought it was clever at the time.

Well, we know where he was born and lived, unless he just happened to arrive there from space.

Chariot

I think Oda said in a very early SBS that a DF user has to 3/4 into salt water to be really affected and basically drown to be super useless. I think it was a question about DF-users bathing.

I thought that the water had to be in certain amount of quantity before it started affecting them. I mean, Luffy fought in the rain before, right?

Yeah, it'd be more powerful than rain. Might even be from something stationary so you'd be able to use big amounts, and then have warriors trained with speed to go in and use sea prism stone handcuffs. It'd also be seawater.

I think Oda said in a very early SBS that a DF user has to 3/4 into salt water to be really affected and basically drown to be super useless. I think it was a question about DF-users bathing.

Yeah, it's also showcased in Film Z.

Veelk

Banned
D: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right? Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi? by Crocodile's Mother

O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Fruit users bathing themselves. People who have eaten a Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powers being blocked. Don't you think? ---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing. As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year!
I would imagine plenty of enemies would try to get at him in the shower if they knew that was his greatest weakness.

Impel down was probably not a good experience for him

Fishman Jujutsu relies on water cannon or shower attacks and it's apparently quite effective. This is the sort of high level attack we see Hody or Jinbei use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom