• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishy3

I've got more to say and clear up some things about my post, but I'll save that for after I sleep. (I've changed my mind about that being Kaido shown as watching the Shinokuni demonstration/Caesar being beaten and instead think it's someone we were recently introduced to, albeit very briefly.)

I'm going to go collapse in bed because it's 5am.

Kornflayx

I also like that back on Punk Hazard everyone thought that "Jack" was a broker name like "Joker" but no, the dude is just named Captain Jack, lol

giphy.gif

mrmickfran

If Jack actually manages to get Doflamingo back from a ship with a Vice Admiral, an Admiral, and a former Fleet Admiral on it, I'm calling total bullshit.

Chariot

Well, his crew don't seem to be very sure about this. Maybe he got a fruit that allows him to hit and run in some unexpected way. Or he just fails. Which would also be kinda weird.

Syntsui

This Jack guy is totally going to retrieve Flamingo isn't he? I guess Kaido will kill him as soon as they meet x-x

Also, I thought Lucci and Spandam were CP0, aren't they?

Syntsui

Why would he be?

He was previously a member of CP9, where Spandam was the boss. We've heard no information on who's the leader of CP0. Lucci is clearly in higher rank than Spandam now, but that's all we know.
Spandam calling him boss, and only that. Weird to have hierarchy among CP0 members and not only one boss, considering they are not supposed to be big group like the Marines.

You're right. Didn't recognize the "Gacha". Also in my translation he says "Sir", I take that as Lucci being superior, but not necessary as the boss. Anyone with Japanese skills here to look at the original phrasing?

Yeah, I read that too. Waiting for Viz to see the official translation, but this chapter won't be out in the west for many months to come. In either case, I don't see how there couldn't be multiple superiors and a hierarchy in the CP0. Even in a group of just five people there could be a clear hierarchy with a leader, a second-in-command and three people under them. Even real world companies sometimes have this.

IHaveIce

Banned
It would be disappointing to see CP0 just being CP9 again.. I hoped for new powerhouses.

Also Jack either has a crazy power/fruit that causes him to be so confident or he is just batshit insane.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
All he needs is a time-stop fruit, or a totally-intangible fruit, and he could just walk on there, take Doffy, and leave. So many crazy fruits that would work for extraction.

Chariot

They don't need to know. Imagine, say, that Law is using the room to get Mingo out. Or Absalom slipping invisible on board. As Tathanen says, there could be dozens of fruits that could avoid a fight and still get Mingo out of there. Not everything is about actually overpowering the enemy with physical force. It's something shounen only occasionally show - objectives other than defeating someone.

They don't need to know. Imagine, say, that Law is using the room to get Mingo out. Or Absalom slipping invisible on board. As Tathanen says, there could be dozens of fruits that could avoid a fight and still get Mingo out of there. Not everything is about actually overpowering the enemy with physical force. It's something shounen only occasionally show - objectives other than defeating someone.

Hmm, I wonder if Law would be able to use his ability on someone in sea prism shackles. Regardless, the old marine woman is sitting in front of the cell keeping watch, so they'd know, and Law would have to be on a ship close enough, so the marines' lookouts would see the ship. And Absa would have to get close, so users of observation haki would probably discover him, and even if they didn't, it'd be hard to get him out. I don't think it'd be quite as easy as it sounds.

Oxn

Whatever he has, it will be broken as fuck to stand a chance against Fujitora alone, I'm not even considering Sengoku.

IFFFFFF Jack is the 2nd hand, why shouldnt he stand a chance against Fuji?

Marco and Ben Beckmann stands a chance against Kizaru

Syntsui

IFFFFFF Jack is the 2nd hand, why shouldnt he stand a chance against Fuji?

Marco and Ben Beckmann stands a chance against Kizaru

If he is second in command, yeah he could stand a chance a chance. In regards to a non confrotational rescue, that would be worse for all the ones involved. It would be an inexcusable fuck up that would stain Marines reputation even worse than what happened at Dressrosa. I don't think Oda will choose that route.

I'd rather see Jack stomping everyone than he rescuing Doffy without anyone noticing.

Chariot

If he is second in command, yeah he could stand a chance a chance. In regards to a non confrotational rescue, that would be worse for all the ones involved. It would be an inexcusable fuck up that would stain Marines reputation even worse than what happened at Dressrosa. I don't think Oda will choose that route.

I'd rather see Jack stomping everyone than he rescuing Doffy without anyone noticing.
No. That's would be shit power creep. I rather have him do something sneaky.

bjork

Maybe he's really strong, but he's got a fruit power that he learned to awaken, so he can be sneaky or a beast, depending on the situation.

In the anime its a different person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooBkgnI8wd4

also look at his cuffs they are different.
In the anime Zoro cut steel before alabasta among numerous other mistakes. Oda isn't really that involved in the anime, besides maybe green lighting a df idea as something he isn't already planning on or providing a few designs. And it's entirely possible this is Oda looking back and deciding that guy was Spandam after he decided to bring him back, and that it originally was just some random dude

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Anime also put a big moustache on the top-hat underworld broker guy that's looking more and more like Lucci. They just can't let purposefully-vague characters stay vague. Though I sympathize when they have to invent voices for them.

Anime is irrelevant.

Also if anything, I'm super pumped about all the mythical/Ancient zoans we are going to see in Kaido's crew. Really hope Jack is one of those.

Veelk

Banned
Once Mythical/Ancient Zoans were revealed, they immediately shot up to being the most interesting type of fruit to me. I usually hate how the animal transformations are designed due to OP style, but Marco's Pheonix looks badass and has ridiculously cool powers. And X Drake being a T-rex (or whatever the hell he is) is also awesome.

I hope we get a Fenrir Zoan at some point. Favorite mythological creature of all time.

Squishy3

Alright so legitimately no clue about who that is saying "Tell Jack about this."

It's gotta be some Kaido underling we've never met, and there's not a chance retroactively it's Kaido unless Oda just forgot (like he did when coming up with Trebol being a paramecia) since Punk Hazard and Dressrosa take place within a day or two of each other, so I imagine Kaido was on that sky island while Dressrosa was taking place.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Alright so legitimately no clue about who that is saying "Tell Jack about this."

It's gotta be some Kaido underling we've never met, and there's not a chance retroactively it's Kaido unless Oda just forgot (like he did when coming up with Trebol being a paramecia) since Punk Hazard and Dressrosa take place within a day or two of each other, so I imagine Kaido was on that sky island while Dressrosa was taking place.

Well looking at the various Kaido goons in the Sanji & co. scenes, everyone had horns. It's probably a consistent theme, and that guy's just another Kaido subordinate. Probably a higher-up one. I think Kaido's design was solidified by then, as evidenced by his sneaky appearance in a color spread back during Fishman Island.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom