• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

I'd imagine Dragon ordering all of the commanders back to base has to do with Revarie, but you never know.

Also, did anyone else find it weird that Dragon issued the order through Koala? I'd imagine he would have a second in command.

Lunar15

Burgess wasn't checked by anyone because no one knew he was there. He stowed away on the Revolutionaries' ship and escaped with no one noticing.

EDIT: Dammit, double post.

Chariot

I'd imagine Dragon ordering all of the commanders back to base has to do with Revarie, but you never know.

Also, did anyone else find it weird that Dragon issued the order through Koala? I'd imagine he would have a second in command.
His second-in-command was busy showing off his awesome fire power.

Big One

Banned
Any chance this Ninja is going to be a homage to the Naruto series in some way? Aren't Kishimoto and Oda buds
Nah I'm expecting Raizou is going to do a bunch of stupid and pointless shit the boys will get enamored by, lol. Aka typical ninja stuff like being able to use smoke bombs and pretend to transform into a log.

I swear, if the ninja runs with his arms flapping dead on his back like in every game and anime ever I'll be disappointed if Oda doesn't make fun of it.

jbug617

Banned
airplane.gif

Blackbeard vs Revolutionary Army

I imagine Kishimoto would be like "no, don't do my concept more justice than I did....". He'd say it's cool, but he'd be screaming internally.
Lmao, I can totally see this.
Nah I'm expecting Raizou is going to do a bunch of stupid and pointless shit the boys will get enamored by, lol. Aka typical ninja stuff like being able to use smoke bombs and pretend to transform into a log.
Yeah, definitely this.

I'm wondering though that if Wano is the country of samurai, how does Raizou fit into that dynamic? Gonna be interesting for shizzle.

Dragon is so nonchalant about what Luffy's up to. lol
Things are about to go down at Baltigo between BB's crew and the Revolutionaries.

I wonder if Buggy will target Luffy again when he learns that he took away his S-Class giants.

Veelk

Banned
She was too busy noticing whatever was coming at them.

That or it's a repeat of the punk hazard joke that women don't like awesome things, like robots. But yeah, Robin usually keeps her cool regardless of whats going on.

Also, is that Alvida with Buggy's crew?

Veelk

Banned
Sorry for the double post, but apparently Zou, assuming the New World sea isn't only a couple feet deep, is probably based on the Elephants by Salvador Dali, which is a seriously cool and trippy image

e2d4d5623fe2eb7daf8744d2941646dd.jpg

Squishy3

That or it's a repeat of the punk hazard joke that women don't like awesome things, like robots. But yeah, Robin usually keeps her cool regardless of whats going on.

Also, is that Alvida with Buggy's crew?
Doubt it, Akainu probably has a no-negotations policy with pirates. Remember they tried to sell Bonney to the government too and Akainu showed up tossing lava at them. He'd rather capture them and what they're trying to sell than pay them

Alvida joined Buggy all the way back in Roguetown also

Veelk

Banned
Doubt it, Akainu probably has a no-negotations policy with pirates. Remember they tried to sell Bonney to the government too and Akainu showed up tossing lava at them. He'd rather capture them and what they're trying to sell than pay them

I'm kind of lost as to what the first response is to. The mercenary group?

And I remember Alvida partnering up with Buggy, not joining his crew. All she wanted was to find Luffy again, so I don't know what she's hanging around the joker for nowadays.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

It's Loguetown.
It's derived from Prologue and Epilogue, it's also known as "The Town of Beginnings and Endings" and is the birthplace and execution location of Gol D. Roger

Also, Alvida and Buggy teamed up before Loguetown. It was during Buggy's cover story, after he met Gaimon and got rescued by her.

Big One

Banned
Alvida has been a part of Buggy's crew for ages, lol. Glad to see Mr. 3 stuck with him though.

And god Mohji got so fat, lol.

smurfx

get some go again
So your theory is BB going to feel embarrass and want to kill him .
Well they have been more crazy theories out there i guess .
(because right now in the manga i don't see it being mention that BB is embarrass of him )
i don't see blackbeard caring too much about burgess losing. laffite seems to me like he would be the one to order the hit since he looks like the schemer of the crew. shillew might go along with it since he probably doesn't like weak people. if only laffite and shillew show up at the island then burgess is gonna die. laffite might end up blaming the revolutionaries though. i have a theory though. what if blackbeard tries to make a deal with the world government about the location of the revolutionary headquarters? i figure that would be more profitable to him than weapons. maybe he would want doflamingo in exchange for the info? or maybe some other strong pirate or some devil fruits.

Syntsui

i don't see blackbeard caring too much about burgess losing. laffite seems to me like he would be the one to order the hit since he looks like the schemer of the crew. shillew might go along with it since he probably doesn't like weak people. if only laffite and shillew show up at the island then burgess is gonna die. laffite might end up blaming the revolutionaries though. i have a theory though. what if blackbeard tries to make a deal with the world government about the location of the revolutionary headquarters? i figure that would be more profitable to him than weapons. maybe he would want doflamingo in exchange for the info? or maybe some other strong pirate or some devil fruits.
This. Lafitte and SHIRYU (fuck you Oda =/) are definitely up to something, at least that was the impression I got from their conversation. They are fucked up dudes, you can sense their evil intent just looking at them. I really think they will, not necessarily with BB consent, kill Burgess.

In regards to an agreement with the WG, I doubt that it will happen, as it was already said, they tried that with Bonney and Sakazuki himself went there to capture everyone.

Dugna

I also think Lafitte and Shiliew where going to just pick him up and either kill him depending on Blackbeard's orders because Burgess screwed up. so I think Burgess followed Sabo and the revs so he could go "See I got something out of this whole mess!"

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I reread that part, I don't think there's any ill intent towards Burgess. Especially with the amazing info he's givin.

smurfx

get some go again
In regards to an agreement with the WG, I doubt that it will happen, as it was already said, they tried that with Bonney and Sakazuki himself went there to capture everyone.
blackbeard screwed up that time though. he tried making the deal with the marines instead of the world government. also blackbeard wasn't in a position to really make demands since he wasn't as strong back then. this time around blackbeard would hold all the cards and the world government would have to pay up first before getting what they want.

I don't see any signs that Lafitte and Shiliew have any ill will towards Burgess.
I mean Shiliew said oh he still alive and kicking is something that zoro would say towards sanji or a dark joke robin would make .
Break next week but at least this time i got some games to play .

Korosenai

The revolutionary army has no idea that jesus is there. Jesus stowed away on Sabo's ship, then tried to hide so he could contact blackbeard.

Why would they capture him, bring him back, let him escape, and then not be in a panic trying to capture him? Koala was just casually talking to Dragon, and Sabo was showing off his devil fruit.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The Blackbeard Pirates believe entirely in fate. They would never kill Burgess. Rather they look at his situation as a matter of fate and nothing more

Veelk

Banned
Law's a strawhat in all but name at this point

Luffy is never letting him go

Or maybe Luffy has become a Heart.

But that's essentially the point I'm making. Officially speaking, Luffy and Law, Alvida and Buggy, Kidd Hawkins and Apoo, they might be working together closely enough that they might as well be crew members. However, being part of X's crew denotes subservience to captains authority, whereas an alliance, captains retain their own authority.

Which is why Alvida still hanging out with Buggy puzzles me. All she ever wanted was to get Luffy to go down on her, and Buggy only encountered Luffy once since then, and it wasn't because he found Luffy but because Luffy found him. So whats she doing wasting her time with the joker here.

Or maybe Luffy has become a Heart.

But that's essentially the point I'm making. Officially speaking, Luffy and Law, Alvida and Buggy, Kidd Hawkins and Apoo, they might be working together closely enough that they might as well be crew members. However, being part of X's crew denotes subservience to captains authority, whereas an alliance, captains retain their own authority.

Which is why Alvida still hanging out with Buggy puzzles me. All she ever wanted was to get Luffy to go down on her, and Buggy only encountered Luffy once since then, and it wasn't because he found Luffy but because Luffy found him. So whats she doing wasting her time with the joker here.

Well he is a shichibukai with a large crew. Might as well stick around when times are good.

Squishy3

also the worst part about last chapter's development is we'll never see buggy's reaction face to hajrudin and his crew joining luffy's alliance

Foolworm

also the worst part about last chapter's development is we'll never see buggy's reaction face to hajrudin and his crew joining luffy's alliance

I suppose it's reasonable to assume all of Buggy's S class mercenaries are now part of the Strawhat Fleet?

To be honest, I'm surprised Burgess wasn't detected right away. You'd think with Vertigo being such a top secret location, there'd be detectors on the lookout for spies and whatnot.

By the way, is it just me or does this week's chapter seem really short? I count 12 pages, not including the cover.

Did they not make one of him yet? That seems strange, he's got a unique look and he's round so he should be easy to sculpt. :p
Nope, they haven't made him one yet. I want him and the Supernovas they didn't make like Appoo, Capone, and Urouge.

Also Megahouse can fuck themselves for making Sengoku and Bartolomeo limited. Bart goes for over three hundred right now.

The joke is that women don't care for "silly" things that men find to be absolutely amazing. And it's not really just a "repeat of the Punk Hazard" joke; this is a long-running joke that I believe started in Thriller Bark and has since been in many arcs, like Sabaody and Fishman Island.

bjork

I remember when they were first coming out, I wanted to jump in on that. Kinda glad I missed the boat if it's getting that pricey, heh. I would like to pick up a Perona at some point, still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom