• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Blackbeard is really strange in that he was a member of whitebeard'a crew for like 30 years, yet he never obtained a bounty. Furthermore, before obtaining any devil fruit powers, he was able to kill Thatch, one of the division commanders (although that was probably a matter of stabbing him in the back rather than a straight up fight), and, even more impressive, scar shanks's face. From his fights, he seems rather vulnerable to attack, and not all that skilled at combat, just incredibly tanky.

Then again we've only seen him fight Ace, Whitebeard, and Magellan, all of whom are monsters.

It's hard to get a read on him.

He might have gotten Shank's face through a sneak attack during a larger fight. It would certainly fit with his personality.

Kornflayx

He might have gotten Shank's face through a sneak attack during a larger fight. It would certainly fit with his personality.

No, he literally said to Whitebeard that "it wasn't because I was careless". So he must have been really strong back then too

Lunar15

Supernovas wouldn't make sense anymore since they're no longer up-and-coming. They're in the New World now. Now they're referred to as an event in the past, the "Worst Generation".

Syntsui

I had the same doubt a few months back, but maybe Shanks was not that strong back in the day. He was not even on the Grand Line yet.

Kornflayx

That doesn't necessarily rule out a sneak attack. You can be totally on guard and still get snuck up on.

But even without the fruit Shanks was worried about Blackbeard. If he snuck up on Shanks and just swiped him, why would he explicitly tell Whitebeard that he wasn't being careless and that he should call back Ace. Doesn't make sense to me

I had the same doubt a few months back, but maybe Shanks was not that strong back in the day. He was not even on the Grand Line yet.

Shanks came from the grandline don't forget he was on roger ship .

As for BB say what you want about him but he is a monster even more so now .
He just like luffy who leave thing to chance or luck .

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
But even without the fruit Shanks was worried about Blackbeard. If he snuck up on Shanks and just swiped him, why would he explicitly tell Whitebeard that he wasn't being careless and that he should call back Ace. Doesn't make sense to me

Blackbeard's personality has been shown as that of a guy with a lot of patience, he sat in Whitebeard's shadow until he was ready to make his move. It can be pretty easily explained as a fear by Shanks, that Whitebeard obviously shared as he asked Ace not to go after him, that Blackbeard felt he had become strong enough to strike out on his own, killing a crewmate in the process and not fearing a reprisal from Whitebeard's crew. That says a lot about where he was at that moment and should have been enough to give anyone, with a decent view of what's going on, pause. Their fear was that Blackbeard was far more dangerous than he had been letting on.

Same as Buggy, who is fodder even today as a Shichibukai. Before meeting Luffy, I don't think he went to the Grand Line with his crew.

He would have to be in the grandline because WB talk about him and mihawk duals and i doubt WB was in one of the 4 blues .
This happen before he meet luffy since we know mihawk stop fighting him after he lost his arm .
Plus you forget that WB said everyone was wondering what type of monster took his hand after he came back .
Which IMO would show he was in the grandline already .

The figure is worth more after they kill him

I mean cmon he embarassed a yonko

How did he embarrass a yonko by losing to the second of command to the revs ?
That makes no sense , hell we were introduce to kadio and it was said how many times he lost or got capture .
Don't stop him from being fear or respected

Oxn

How did he embarrass a yonko by losing to the second of command to the revs ?
That makes no sense , hell we were introduce to kadio and it was said how many times he lost or got capture .
Don't stop him from being fear or respected .

You can be feared and still get embarassed

They are not mutually exclusive

By getting completely handled

You know what happen, and many think Burgess is BBs right hand man

Just because he is BB right hand man don't mean he can't get handled.
Plus is not like anyone even really see the fight cause there were to busy running for there lives .

Oxn

Just because he is BB right hand man don't mean he can't get handheld .
Plus is not like anyone even really see the fight cause there were to busy running for there lives .

Doesnt matter what people think, as long as BB feels embarassed thats what matters

But well see if my theory holds true that they are even going there to take him out

Big One

Banned
I still think Blackbeard is going to get his ass handed to him (a first for the series) and will lead to him wanting revenge against the Revolutionaries in the final war and give Luffy even more reason to fight him. Of course this'll be long after Luffy meets his father and bonds with him a bit. Dragon still cares about his son somewhat afterall since he did save him in Loguetown.

So your theory is BB going to feel embarrass and want to kill him .
Well they have been more crazy theories out there i guess .
(because right now in the manga i don't see it being mention that BB is embarrass of him )

Yes, its like youre not familiar with One Piece villians at all

I am familiar with OP villains but i am also familiar with oda writing .
BB is being set up as the anti luffy in many ways but he still care about his crew .
BB believes in fate and luck and he has lost before , don't see him trying to kill a crew member because he lost .
Even more so one that was with him since the beginning .

Take for eg Don is also a OP villain but his main crew members he won't kill them off because they lose .

Big One

Banned
I am familiar with OP villains but i am also familiar with oda writing .
BB is being set up as the anti luffy in many ways but he still care about his crew .
BB believes in fate and luck and he has lost before , don't see him trying to kill a crew member because he lost .
Even more so one that was with him since the beginning .

Take for eg Don is also a OP villain but his main crew members he won't kill them off because they lose .
Yeah I agree with this. Blackbeard isn't going to abandoned his crewmates. Like you said he's pretty much Anti-Luffy in personality as established in Jaya, and he even believes in DREAMS.

Blackbeard prob isn't even all that evil compared to some pirates like Doflamingo or maybe even Kaidou.

Yes, its like youre not familiar with One Piece villians at all

The chance of your theory happening is only slightly less than zero.
KkcQKVF.png

Don't try to pawn it off as if someone else here doesn't understand the series...

bjork

I like that Believe in Wonderland song because it wouldn't be out of place in Initial D, yet it works for OP as well.

He embarassed BB by getting wtfpwnd
I mean, BB doesn't seem like that kind of guy. We already know Jesus is closer to BB than someone like Shiliew and Kuzan. Even in this chapter he calls BB captain in stead of "admiral" and Lafitte corrects him. He's stuck with his crew this far.

If anything, I would think Shiliew would do it unsanctioned.

Oxn

I mean, BB doesn't seem like that kind of guy. We already know Jesus is closer to BB than someone like Shiliew and Kuzan. Even in this chapter he calls BB captain in stead of "admiral" and Lafitte corrects him. He's stuck with his crew this far.

If anything, I would think Shiliew would do it unsanctioned.

No my theory is not perfect. I have quite a few, and the one you mentioned about an unsanctioned attack from Shiliew is one of them as well.

First I have a question, do we even know if BB is on the ship with them heading towards the Rev army?

2nd, I feel my theory is more likely than BB vs Rev Army, cause I really dont see that happening. Its one of those things that gets teased to us but dont really happen, like Doffy vs Kuzan or Fujitora. BB has never attacked the top guys without any sort of upperhand.

In Impel Down, the chaos of the escape made it easy for him to trespass and gain access. In Marineford, he attacked WB as he was already beat up, and even then it wasnt a 1:1.

Just my gut talking here.

No my theory is not perfect. I have quite a few, and the one you mentioned about an unsanctioned attack from Shiliew is one of them as well.

First I have a question, do we even know if BB is on the ship with them heading towards the Rev army?

2nd, I feel my theory is more likely than BB vs Rev Army, cause I really dont see that happening. Its one of those things that gets teased to us but dont really happen, like Doffy vs Kuzan or Fujitora. BB has never attacked the top guys without any sort of upperhand.

In Impel Down, the chaos of the escape made it easy for him to trespass and gain access. In Marineford, he attacked WB as he was already beat up, and even then it wasnt a 1:1.

Just my gut talking here.
I don't think he's with them. It showed two ships and it sounds like each of BB's main crew are in charge of one ship. So Shiliew and Lafitte.

I also find it hard to believe that BB is going to attack the Revolutionaries. It seems like something that's too large-scaled to not involve Luffy and his crew (which it might, if the story takes us there.)

All I can say for sure is that the Revolutionaries arc is definitely going to take place around the Reverie. I could be wrong. We don't know how strong BB has become and we don't know how large or strong the Revolutionary army is perceived to be.

Kater

Banned
Did they really not search Burgess before bringing him to their super-secret base.

Great job, Sabo, Koala and Hack.

So many funny panels too. Loved Robin's and Barto's reaction faces.

Did they really not search Burgess before bringing him to their super-secret base.

So many funny panels too. Loved Robin's and Barto's reaction faces.

Considering that Dragon is asking for the leaders of the revolutionary army, maybe it is intentional?

Chariot

He was behind a rock. I assume he used his last strength to escape somewhere remotely safe. They could easily first reported to HQ before starting unpacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom