• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the fuck does oda have time to watch Game of Thrones?

I was thinking the same thing. He has said for years that he only sleeps three hours per night and some year ago he said that he wishes he could spend more time with his wife, and that he works 20 hours a day, iirc. But I suppose even they must have breaks, they probably have time to watch TV while eating, for instance. And Oda takes way more breaks now than he did a few years ago, so hopefully the man has more time to rest.

It already has.
oHFOofL.png

And where exactly have you been on the internet? lol

Did he reveal this in a Deep Thought?

Greg mentioned it on the OnePiecePodcast. He introduced the show to Oda after he got him hooked on The Walking Dead.

Syntsui

Can't imagine how they will link Zou with the Revolutionary Army arc. The possibility of a full arc without any of the straw hats is interesting though.

smurfx

get some go again
I'm not necessarily sure that Zou gets a full arc. I mean, it could always go that way, but the way things are progressing, I'd say that all the bad stuff has already happened and the main villain, Jack, already left. Sounds more like it's setting up Kaidou if you ask me. Like, the straw hats will do something to convince the minks to join up with them to go after Kaidou.
i did make a prediction that luffy and friends might end up leaving zou and returning. luffy has never had to do that so why not now? perhaps this arc will revolve around kinemon and the reason he came to zou. it might tie into wano which would be luffy's next destination. luffy maybe takes down some of jacks guys or another one of kaido's men at zou and then heads to wano. later on he learns jack returned to zou and returns to help them out.

so many things to respond to, my own fault for reading the chapter late :/

anyway, as a lot of people have said I think this arc is off to a pretty good start. We seem to be getting right into the thick of it. I'm interested to see what's happened to Kin'emon and Kanjuro too, I wonder if they'll run into the enemy first. Nice to see Bepo getting confirmed as a mink too. I loved the interaction b/w Bepo and the other heart pirates and Luffy lol.

I wonder why Luffy wasn't able to sense the guardians and other minks though? Do they have some way to be concealed from Kenbunshoku Haki? If so I wonder if Luffy will pick up on that technique.

Also, does anyone else feel like Luffy is becoming more of an actual person lately? LIke when he said "Traffy is what I call Law", it just sounded kind of adult like and out of character for him. Has happened a couple other times too, and I don't dislike it, I think it's an interesting shift. Unless it's just me picking up on it and its not actually happening lol.

Lol, of course they're not dead, it's not even up for debate. Or, if they are dead, they are only "fake dead" and will get revived/woken up.

Interesting chapter though, I'm eager to read more. I still find it odd how Traffy left his crew on this island, I hope there was a good reason for that. Also, I can't get over how stupid they look with the suits that all of them wear -- all except for Traffy himself. It's like he makes it mandatory to his crew mates to wear this stupid costume but doesn't wear it himself, lol.

Of course they're not dead! Or maybe Oda will throw us for a loop and the crew will get replaced by Minks.

Lol, I don't know why but Law's crew is hilarious to me too. The track suit thing is gold.

I'm liking this Brook theory, it would makes sense depending on the situation they were into. The last panels we've got from them, Sanji was schooling them Kaido minions, maybe someone that they knew was out of their league appeared and they faked their death.

Actually I really like the Brook theory too. It makes a decent amount of sense, and it would be a nice way to showcase Brook's new powers since he's gotten like no screen time, well, ever actually lol.

well,if he is on the level of marco and jozu,he should be slighlty below and admiral..probably doflamingo-level..although in onepiece power levels aren't really set in stone with the various OP abilities one guy can have

Marco is on admiral level imo. His Devil Fruit lets him soak hits from the big guns. He was doing real well against Kizaru. I think Doflamingo is on admiral level too. I guess there are varying degrees of "Admiral level though"

Yo
yo
What if Enel is on the island

would be interesting, and explain the electricity...It would be hilarious if Luffy ran into him and he flipped a shit lol.

I'm loving how much dialogue and focus Robin is getting. She feels like a real presence in this arc so far instead of being a background character.

Actually, I didn't notice it, but now that you bring it up Robin really does feel like a real character these days. She had a decent amount of presence in Dressrosa too though.

This arc is shaping up to be great. Best introduction since New World started, imo. Fast paced, interesting setting, some funny characters (bananas, and Robin is at her best in this arc).

Really getting some Skypiea vibes as well. At first I thought even the giant squid in the cover was the one from Skypiea, but apparently it's the Kraken from Gyojin Island.

I can see Enel returning as well. Oda really likes his returning characters, and the dudes in the moon look like Minks. The Minks using the "electro" thingie might be his doing, I dunno.

And those footprints are totally Drake's.

Didn't even consider that they could be drakes, but now that you said it, I think you're totally right.

Can anyone really touch Enel except for kizaru? He can observe and zap anyone within like a 20km radius. It's not effective against luffy or logias, but if Enel wanted he could always run from luffy and any logias... except kizaru, who is way faster.

I mean if you have Haki I guess you could resist his attacks maybe, but idk if you could catch him. Law could probably get Enel if he could get a room up without Enel realizing.

I'm not necessarily sure that Zou gets a full arc. I mean, it could always go that way, but the way things are progressing, I'd say that all the bad stuff has already happened and the main villain, Jack, already left. Sounds more like it's setting up Kaidou if you ask me. Like, the straw hats will do something to convince the minks to join up with them to go after Kaidou.

People are saying Zou parallels Skypeia so far which I agree with.

However so far the plot of Zou is going very fast-paced, and this is the first time in the series where Luffy is pretty much going into a post-battle world (well, one that is FRESH so to speak). Since half of his crew have been on the island for over a week, half of the arc itself has pretty much happened, without him.

Remember how Skypeia was split into two parts: First was when they went into Skypeia and learned about Enel's rule over it, and Second was when they actually fought the priests.

I think Zou will be structured similarly, but instead of the second half taking place on Zou, it'll take place on Wano.

Luffy already met the guardians of Zou whih outside of a slight skirmish seem to be on good terms with him, so it's unlikely they're going to confront each other.

Luffy probably wants to kick Jack's ass, and if I had to guess he's probably with Kaidou right now, since his damages are likely to take place before he tried to get back Doflamingo. Jack is likely on Wano, with X-Drake's "fresh" clawmarks showcasing that he's currently on Zou.

Here's my theory: Jack is delivering Doflamingo to Wano, X-Drake is the leading guy on Zou, and Zou will be a short arc leading into Wano which unlike Zou will be a battle centric arc (think Enies Lobby). Kaidou rules over the snow island Wano and is mining Liquore there for weapon production in exchange for Doflamingo's SMILEs.

I really like this idea, and how it parallels Skypiea, and I can totally believe this is what will happen. Will they fight X Drake though or just haul ass to Wano? I bet Kinemon will run into X Drake.

I wonder when we'll hear of whether or not Jack was successful at taking back Doffy.

Also, how does Weeble fit into all of this? Oda wouldn't introduce him for no reason right before they got to Zou. I wonder if he'll follow them to Wano, or maybe even find them on Zou.

That's an interesting way of spelling Tinky Winky.

Tinky WInky the gawd

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I mean if you have Haki I guess you could resist his attacks maybe, but idk if you could catch him. Law could probably get Enel if he could get a room up without Enel realizing.

That's kind of what I'm saying. Enel can see you approaching from miles away because of his powerful observation haki (and which is further augmented by his DF). From that point, while you're still beyond the horizon, he can choose to attack you. Or he can retreat at the speed of lightning. And you can't catch him.

Unless you're Kizaru, in which case, you can travel to within arm's length of enel instantly if you want.

Chariot

There are probably dozens of DF that would allow to get Enel, but without magic hax you screwed. Zoro e.g. has zero chance against Enel. This is why I like the more versatile nen system in HxH, way more easy to not fall into this trouble. Same for Narutis system before it turned into just lol magic.

Also, how does Weeble fit into all of this? Oda wouldn't introduce him for no reason right before they got to Zou. I wonder if he'll follow them to Wano, or maybe even find them on Zou.

Not sure about that. It could be how like Doflamingo and Kuma were introduced right before Skypeia.

There are probably dozens of DF that would allow to get Enel, but without magic hax you screwed. Zoro e.g. has zero chance against Enel. This is why I like the more versatile nen system in HxH, way more easy to not fall into this trouble. Same for Narutis system before it turned into just lol magic.

it's not really fair to compare anything to nen though. it's still the most thought out, versatile, and sensible power system I know of.

even Naruto's system didn't compare. It was all random and not based on anything.

it makes it hard because Nen is the kind of system I strive to create for my stories, but I can't figure out a way to do it without just copying it lol.

oops, my inner fanboy is coming out :x

Not sure about that. It could be how like Doflamingo and Kuma were introduced right before Skypeia.

I suppose that's true, but they actively said Weeble was going to hunt down the Strawhats, so I assume he'll be important sooner rather than later.

That's kind of what I'm saying. Enel can see you approaching from miles away because of his powerful observation haki (and which is further augmented by his DF). From that point, while you're still beyond the horizon, he can choose to attack you. Or he can retreat at the speed of lightning. And you can't catch him.

Unless you're Kizaru, in which case, you can travel to within arm's length of enel instantly if you want.

you're banned but I'm gonna respond anyway

I don't really know how anyone else would defeat him lol. KIzaru and Luffy really do seem like the only plausible candidates, but I still think Law could do it. Maybe Doflamingo too if he set up some sort of Haki infused net or birdcage. It's not like Enel teleports or anything, so setting up obstacles would probably work.

bjork

Zoro would just focus and learn to cut lightning.

Imagine Enel vs Crocodile. He would just straight up turn him into glass.

I think that the ultimate counter to Enel would be Diamante. With his ripple fruit he could carry around folded faraday cages and shield himself from Enel possibly also trapping him or controlling his movement.

Oda kind of foreshadowed Weevils' involvement in Zou with his name.

Weevil = zoumushi, or elephant bug
Totally forgot about this.

Haven't really voiced my opinions yet (busy month) but I just LOVE the Robin focus. Why Oda held back on her quirky side I'll never know but these past two chapters have been noticeably better because of her.

The awakened Brook theory would be so damn cool and would almost make me forget the bullshit focus Brook has gotten since the time skip. I hope it's true.

Jack is a mammoth? Ancient type? That would be pretty cool, and it would be interesting to see the animal dynamic between the Minks and the Zoan users of Kaido's crew.

Carrot as next Nakama calling it now and I'm the first one ever to do so.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Totally forgot about this.

Haven't really voiced my opinions yet (busy month) but I just LOVE the Robin focus. Why Oda held back on her quirky side I'll never know but these past two chapters have been noticeably better because of her.

The awakened Brook theory would be so damn cool and would almost make me forget the bullshit focus Brook has gotten since the time skip. I hope it's true.

Jack is a mammoth? Ancient type? That would be pretty cool, and it would be interesting to see the animal dynamic between the Minks and the Zoan users of Kaido's crew.

Carrot as next Nakama calling it now and I'm the first one ever to do so.
No animal people on this boat, please

...except Chopper, he can stay

Acrylic7

nah Luffy woud still rek him

But what if Enel can apply Haki to his Lightning. I don't think we have seen that yet. Black Lightning would be a cool attack.
I'm pretty sure we are going to see something like that where Luffy cant block an attack because its a Logia type attack coated in Haki. Like what if Sabo can make black flames that cant be put out.
eww Naruto Shipuden in my OnePiece :(

Maedhros

Man, I really like the pace of this arc. It's no-nonsense so far. We've already learned a lot, found Law's crew, met our primary allies and learned about one of our primary antagonists.

I really agree. It's nothing like Marineford or even even the last arc. Shit was boring as hell.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Rogersbase was hoping all the commanders of Kaidou's crew would all be ancient or mythical zoans.

He currently thinks Jack is a mammoth zoan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom