• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
latest

Minks or humans? Place your bets people.

i kid, i kid

He's always reminded me of this enemy monster from Okami but I've never really been able to place it. Some lion turtle combo.

Kinda like this: http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lion_turtle

Ah, I've played through Okami several times and now that you mention it, and seeing that image, it does bring a slight memory of such a thing to me.

I should've figured that there's exactly some wacky Japanese creature that is both lion and turtle, lol.

But what if Enel can apply Haki to his Lightning. I don't think we have seen that yet. Black Lightning would be a cool attack.
I'm pretty sure we are going to see something like that where Luffy cant block an attack because its a Logia type attack coated in Haki. Like what if Sabo can make black flames that cant be put out.
eww Naruto Shipuden in my OnePiece :(

can logia users do that though? Idk if you can apply haki directly to your element or if it has to be just on your body. Have we seen anything like it?

plus, even if enel applied haki to his lightning, if Luffy uses his haki he could still potentially block it if his is stronger (which it prbly is)

Totally forgot about this.

Haven't really voiced my opinions yet (busy month) but I just LOVE the Robin focus. Why Oda held back on her quirky side I'll never know but these past two chapters have been noticeably better because of her.

The awakened Brook theory would be so damn cool and would almost make me forget the bullshit focus Brook has gotten since the time skip. I hope it's true.

Jack is a mammoth? Ancient type? That would be pretty cool, and it would be interesting to see the animal dynamic between the Minks and the Zoan users of Kaido's crew.

Carrot as next Nakama calling it now and I'm the first one ever to do so.

Rogersbase was hoping all the commanders of Kaidou's crew would all be ancient or mythical zoans.

He currently thinks Jack is a mammoth zoan.

the mammoth zoan thing is pretty cool, and I like the idea that it matches his ship head. I can get on board with that theory.

also Cloud, I think Carrot would be a cool crew member too haha

I don't think Oda intentionally held back Robin's quirkiness, I think he just started to think of her having a quirky side now

Everyone thinks he's a turtle zoan. Watch him be a turtle mink who ate the lion fruit

Everyone's a mink now!

I like to think Pekoms is just a weirdo human, but he's probably a mink

the mammoth zoan thing is pretty cool, and I like the idea that it matches his ship head. I can get on board with that theory.

also Cloud, I think Carrot would be a cool crew member too haha

I don't think Oda intentionally held back Robin's quirkiness, I think he just started to think of her having a quirky side now

Definitely! But I also said the same thing about Rebecca, and like a fool I had to endure the slow realization for the entire 100 chapter Dressrossa arc. Oh well, might as well call it at first sight again!

And on Robin, we've seen glimpses but I don't think she's ever had this much focus is all I mean.

Definitely! But I also said the same thing about Rebecca, and like a fool I had to endure the slow realization for the entire 100 chapter Dressrossa arc. Oh well, might as well call it at first sight again!

And on Robin, we've seen glimpses but I don't think she's ever had this much focus is all I mean.
I feel your pain brother! Lol

bjork

if we go based on looks alone, Carrot is actually possible as a crew member because she looks unique and not like a Nami clone

But she'd eventually end up drawn to look like Nami anyway. Just give us the Nami deer lady or whatever she is. Sanji animal sex jokes, that's what's been missing.

if we go based on looks alone, Carrot is actually possible as a crew member because she looks unique and not like a Nami clone

As I mentioned before, compared to the other recurring characters in the last few arcs, Carrot doesn't have anything "unique enough" to make her stand out from all the side characters.
Just being a bunny who can jump high and use a paw glove doesn't cut it.

Luffy's comments already shows that he's not that interested in the minks.

tumblr_nwzob0MjXf1uf2bomo1_500.png

NSESN

I just want someone without sad backstory, serously, just a guy/girl that wants to be a pirate
Luffy was like this before sabo was introduced

I just want someone without sad backstory, serously, just a guy/girl that wants to be a pirate
Luffy was like this before sabo was introduced

So Luffy seeing his mentor losing an arm for him doesn't count? >_>

The crew's goals are mainly built or strengthened by the hardships they had when they were younger.
A character who had a normal, easy life doesn't sound very interesting as a crewmember, in my opinion.

The only crew members you're gonna bet are Jimbei, Wadatsumi, and Bonney since she is Luffy's mom. Deal with it etc

what wadatsumi is lame af. Bonney is a ok though.

Yeah Rebecca was a real let down lol. I wonder if there have been popularity polls lately with more votes for Robin and Oda's editor told him to add more of her. Or he just felt like it lol. Either way I like it too.

Carrot also has that cool electricity power and a great design.

I think all the Minks can use that electricity. Or at least the Guardians made mention of how it didn't work on Luffy I think. It's some kind of weapon imo.

As I mentioned before, compared to the other recurring characters in the last few arcs, Carrot doesn't have anything "unique enough" to make her stand out from all the side characters.
Just being a bunny who can jump high and use a paw glove doesn't cut it.

Luffy's comments already shows that he's not that interested in the minks.

tumblr_nwzob0MjXf1uf2bomo1_500.png

True, a Mink probably won't join the crew, unless there's one unique enough from the others.

We probably won't get any more main crew members except Jinbei. Everyone will just join the strawhat fleet and we'll see them occasionally.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Now that I recall, Luffy was very excited when he heard about a ninja.

Raizo for nakama??? +__+

oooh I would like that

and then make him turn evil so luffy spends the rest of the series trying to get him back

say that to his face not on the internet etc

A fleet member at the very least.

Surume was enough to punch out Wadatsumi. We don't need weak sauce fleet members. Give me Surume.

plus San Juan Wolf is way bigger than Wadatusmi

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Monster Chopper will be the one to fight San Juan.

bjork

Surume was enough to punch out Wadatsumi. We don't need weak sauce fleet members. Give me Surume.

plus San Juan Wolf is way bigger than Wadatusmi

Maybe he is a baby and he'll grow bigger, and Jimbei taught him fishman karate. Also maybe he learned haki because why not.

Monster Chopper will be the one to fight San Juan.

Chopper's going to heal the sick dude on the horse, and that guy will turn face and join the SH fleet. Nami will use the stick to summon lightning to kill SJW

LOL

I fully expect this to happen

Maybe he is a baby and he'll grow bigger, and Jimbei taught him fishman karate. Also maybe he learned haki because why not.

Chopper's going to heal the sick dude on the horse, and that guy will turn face and join the SH fleet. Nami will use the stick to summon lightning to kill SJW

If wadatsumi has haki then I would be ok with it.

I would like it if Chopper just healed Stronger, and then Chopper, riding Stronger, fights Doc Q in a battle for the ages.

NSESN

So Luffy seeing his mentor losing an arm for him doesn't count? >_>

The crew's goals are mainly built or strengthened by the hardships they had when they were younger.
A character who had a normal, easy life doesn't sound very interesting as a crewmember, in my opinion.

I disagree, i think the crew is built around the dreams that everyone want to achieve and their friendship.
IMO, someone who had an easy life would be a great addition because he/she would give up his happy and easy life to follow his/her dreams

SalvaPot

I don´t think anyone genuinely expects more crewmates by know other than Jinbe, but I can see them getting more and more allies until they get 8000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom