• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain

I love that the Den den Mushi gets Doffy's glasses.

BTW, Rosinante (it should be Rocinante, but whatever) is kind of an insulting name as it was Don Quijote's horse, but OK.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Great chapter. I love the "natural enemy of god" thing only because it would be funny if that ends up being a reference to luffy's natural resistance to Enel from Skypiea and the Clan of D is actually started by luffy being sent back in time and starting them.

I guess I just like recursive stories.

A bit of info about D, not much, still great to confirm some suspicions about the D Clan. Besides being a double agent, Corazon is still a klutz, lol.

Great chapter. I love the "natural enemy of god" thing only because it would be funny if that ends up being a reference to luffy's natural resistance to Enel from Skypiea and the Clan of D is actually started by luffy being sent back in time and starting them.

They made it pretty clear the god they were referring to was the Celestial Dragons, All I really got from those lines is more confirmation of what most already suspected: The D is related to the ancient kingdom from the void century

Lunar15

So, I take it Oda watched The Departed before this arc.

Corazon is acting as a plant for the Marines in Doflamingo's crew, while Vergo is acting as a plant for Doflamingo in the Marines.

So, what is Doffy's brother's actual name. I got confused when they call him Rosinante and mention there was a previous Corazon. Is Corazon just a nickname for the right hand name?

I'll say the same thing I said last week. There flashback chapters are amazing and yet frustrating because I just want to see Doffy get is ass kicked!

Surprised that Lil Doffy doesn't have the ope ope fruit like we thought. I assume they have someone else use the fruit to cure Law and then they give the fruit to law later.

So, what is Doffy's brother's actual name. I got confused when they call him Rosinante and mention there was a previous Corazon. Is Corazon just a nickname for the right hand name?

I'll say the same thing I said last week. There flashback chapters are amazing and yet frustrating because I just want to see Doffy get is ass kicked!

Surprised that Lil Doffy doesn't have the ope ope fruit like we thought. I assume they have someone else use the fruit to cure Law and then they give the fruit to law later.

Corazon is a title. All of the high officers have titles based around the spanish names for the different playing card suits (Trebol is club, Corazon is heart, Pica is spade, and Diamante is diamond)

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Welp, guess Law's gonna die. The only way they'd never make good on that "the ope ope no mi can make someone immortal if the user sacrifices his life" thing was if it was Corazon who had the fruit, and he used it to save Law. Since it looks like that never happened, they're still gonna have to use that power some day, probably to save Luffy or something like that. No point introducing it otherwise. Bye Bye Law.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Welp, guess Law's gonna die. The only way they'd never make good on that "the ope ope no mi can make someone immortal if the user sacrifices his life" thing was if it was Corazon who had the fruit, and he used it to save Law. Since it looks like that never happened, they're still gonna have to use that power some day, probably to save Luffy or something like that. No point introducing it otherwise. Bye Bye Law.

Or they end up finally finding a doctor and he cures him using the ope ope no mi.

They made it pretty clear the god they were referring to was the Celestial Dragons, All I really got from those lines is more confirmation of what most already suspected: The D is related to the ancient kingdom from the void century

Yeah. I just like to let my imagination run wild with possible twists.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Basically, the D are the ones to stand against the Celestial Dragons. It sounds like they're the descendents of the nation from the Void Century. Awesome!

Poor Law... every hospital is scared of him, and Rosinante just kills them all. Interesting that he's really a Marine.
Of course, this is where Vergo comes in.

I imagine that six month gap is when Doffy hired Sugar and Monet, hence why Law didn't recognize them. Though I'm curious when Vergo beat the shit out of Law.

I do like Rosinante's power, though it does make you wonder where the Op Op Fruit really came from.

Korosenai

Gold roger is luffy from the future. Someome in One Piece has the time travel fruit. Its also why Luffy recruits Raleigh first because he knows how badass he is.

Make it happen Oda.

That would also make Luffy Aces dad.

One Piece 764

Some more info on the will of D and the reason Corazon and Law were so close. I like how despite the tragic back story we never forget that Doflamingo is a terrible person.

002.jpg
vvPn2nS.png

na0rbOj.png

Or it's just a random face Oda stuck there to fill space.

Even if that was the case, it could be that Oda used that as inspiration for Cora's design without the makeup. But I really doubt it was a random space filler, given that Oda could have given us some of the more modern marines if he wanted to like Coby, Helmeppo, and Tashigi if he really needed to fill space.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Gold roger is luffy from the future. Someome in One Piece has the time travel fruit. Its also why Luffy recruits Raleigh first because he knows how badass he is.

Make it happen Oda.

The more I think about this, the more horrifyingly plausible it becomes. There are more than a couple Luffy/Roger parallels.

Luffy inherited his own hat. The hat has no origin in time.

Bandini

Make it happen Oda.

This is funny but I just don't see it happening, one of the main themes in One Piece is "inherited will" and time travel shenanigans would totally go against it.

Chapter 764 - I wouldn't mind another 10 flashback chapters. I want more time with Rocinante, damn it!

Or it's just a random face Oda stuck there to fill space.

Yeah...no...a while back when that first came out there were people who identified the vast majority of faces. Most of them are characters that have appeared in the past. I doubt he would just stuck a random face when he could have just made the existing ones larger

todd360

The more I think about this, the more horrifyingly plausible it becomes. There are more than a couple Luffy/Roger parallels.

Luffy inherited his own hat. The hat has no origin in time.

It's not really plausible. Luffy and gold roger have different personalities.

IHaveIce

Banned
I wonder with all the stuff we find out about the World Government recently the secret/purpose behind the bridge in tequila wolf will be known

ryan13ts

If Corazon really is a Marine instead of just an informer, where to he have the time to join the Marines without Doffy knowing about it? Since they're brothers, I imagine they would have been together this whole time. I think this leads me to believe his statement to Law that he isn't a Marine is true, and that he's just an informant/independent agent who's funneling info to the Marines out of concern that his brother is going to do something crazy one day.

And yeah, Cora not being the Ope Ope no mi user was pretty surprising. Since it's obvious that the fruit is what ends up curing Law, someone had to have sacrificed their life to heal him, so it'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Also, I think it's pretty clear now why Doflamingo kills Cora, since Vergo probably rats him out to Doffy.

One other thing, add the Nagi Nagi no mi to the list of Devil Fruits that I'd never want/be depressed to get. Out of all the amazing fruits out there, you play Russian roulette and get a fruit that lets you make silence. That's almost as depressing as Kaku's Ushi Ushi no mi.

Grexeno

One other thing, add the Nagi Nagi no mi to the list of Devil Fruits that I'd never want/be depressed to get. Out of all the amazing fruits out there, you play Russian roulette and get a fruit that lets you make silence. That's almost as depressing as Kaku's Ushi Ushi no mi.
The Nagi Nagi no Mi would probably be amazing in the hands of CP9

ryan13ts

The Nagi Nagi no Mi would probably be amazing in the hands of CP9

I guess it could have some useful qualities, especially when used for things like assassinations (Which would make it a good pair for CP9) but for the average person, it'd be a pretty lame fruit to get stuck with.

Speaking of DF's, which one would you guys want the most (out of the ones shown so far)? The Doa Doa no mi would probably be my pick, I'd be way too tempted to do stuff like rob a bank with a fruit like that. Robin's Hana Hana no mi would be pretty boss too.

Has a character who didn't join the crew ever gotten a flashback like this and an arc with their conflict as the backdrop?

Could it be happening???????

The Monster Quartet?

Grexeno

Has a character who didn't join the crew ever gotten a flashback like this and an arc with their conflict as the backdrop?

Could it be happening???????

The Monster Quartet?
Vivi? And you'd have to get rid of the rest of the Heart Pirates for Law becoming a Straw Hat to be plausible.

Vivi? And you'd have to get rid of the rest of the Heart Pirates for Law becoming a Straw Hat to be plausible.

Rebecca is this arc's vivi. Law has been around much longer, and his flashback is more extensive. Plus he actually fought the antagonist one on one and saved the strawhats a few times.

So far he's fought Smoker, Virgo, Don Quixote and now is in a team-up against Quixote again.

Feels a bit different. Bepo matters about as much as the Franky family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom