• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Are you thinking Pica? The big stone guy with the high-pitched voice. The cover to Volume 75 kind of makes him look like Burgess.
The body slam guy is Mach Vise.

It's probably Mach vise, forgot that he existed. I recognise Buffalo and Diamante but this guy was striking a pose exactly like Burgess. And I just realised that the guy he was with was the young Machvise was Senor Pink. Pretty funny that he keeps the scarf and sunglasses but the look totally changes.

rouken

Yeah that's pretty great to see all that details, makes the character really unique. No little monet bums me out though.

Also that sunglasses tease by doflamingo

BatDan

Yeah that's pretty great to see all that details, makes the character really unique. No little monet bums me out though.

Also that sunglasses tease by doflamingo

I'm still curious about Monet's comment on Doffy being King of the Pirates
And if she survived

I think she might actually be dead. If not that, then she's been petrified and I'm sure we won't be seeing her again.

Good guys vs Bad guys

Well i'm pretty sure even Moria is still alive somewhere, right? Gin and Don Krieg too.

I'm pretty sure they'll be seen again. Probably in a cover story.
Oda won't forget Vergo and Monet.

cntr

Banned
Bon Clay needs to come back. Hes not dead right even though he got done over a hell of alot

He'll probably show up for the finale -- the way things have been set up, it's likely that everybody who's allied with the Strawhats is going to show up for the final battle, probably against the World Government.

BatDan

Well i'm pretty sure even Moria is still alive somewhere, right? Gin and Don Krieg too.

Doffy confirmed he didn't kill Moriah when talking to the mysterious higher-up. Saying he just disappeared before he could finish him off.
Absalom was likely there to help him.

daveo42

Banned

At least based on the wiki (I'd need to go back to the actual chapter to make sure), but DF already confirmed the death of Vergo after the collapse of the factory at Punk Hazard. Could be a con, but I think even if both Monet and Vergo are alive, it'll be some time before we see them as they also had to content with the petrification gas that was released.

At least based on the wiki (I'd need to go back to the actual chapter to make sure), but DF already confirmed the death of Vergo after the collapse of the factory at Punk Hazard. Could be a con, but I think even if both Monet and Vergo are alive, it'll be some time before we see them as they also had to content with the petrification gas that was released.

Well deaths are never handled as irrelevant as that in this manga, tbh. I'm still sure they'll come back (and i'd be glad about it, loved those 2)

BatDan

She was show split in two, on panel... you don't get much more dead than that. Also Oda hasn't pulled that shit post timeskip. I imagine he will but it won't be all that often..

Split in two? She survived that. She's a Logia user. Zoro could have killed her had he used Haki, but he didn't, instead letting her fear take over.

What happened is that Law gave her heart to Caesar, claiming it was Smoker's. All part of his plan. As a last ditch effort, Caesar stabbed it thinking he would take out Smoker, but he took out Monet.

As for other survivors:
We thought Mr. 9 and Miss Monday were killed by Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine. They show up in the "From the Decks of the World" cover story
We thought Doffy manipulated Sarquiss into killing Bellamy, he shows up just fine in Dressrosa.

It's not just allies that survive, villains too.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Split in two? She survived that. She's a Logia user. Zoro could have killed her had he used Haki, but he didn't, instead letting her fear take over.

What happened is that Law gave her heart to Caesar, claiming it was Smoker's. All part of his plan. As a last ditch effort, Caesar stabbed it thinking he would take out Smoker, but he took out Monet.

As for other survivors:
We thought Mr. 9 and Miss Monday were killed by Mr. 5 and Miss Valentine. They show up in the "From the Decks of the World" cover story
We thought Doffy manipulated Sarquiss into killing Bellamy, he shows up just fine in Dressrosa.

It's not just allies that survive, villains too.

Her heart... It was bleeding she died. You know because of laws ability that notatly still works on Logia's hearts.

Damn what a chapter.
Doflamingo had it bad like Law too.
Plus, we found out Law has a D in his name too?! Cora also speaks!!
Maaaaaan this is getting good.

BatDan

Oh snap oh snap oh snap!
No wonder Law mentioned the Will of the D back in his fight with Doflamingo. This changes a lot.
Corazon speaks! I figured he always could...
Huh, seems Doffy's flashback was pretty fucked up. At first it looked like he was just petty, but when the villagers found out his bloodline, they fucked him up. I don't blame them, the Celestial Dragons get worse and worse every time they're brought up.

Also, what kind of name is Homing? I'm going by Aohige's translation.

Zeppu

Oh God! I can feel it. I think by the end of this arc we'll have some info regarding the D. mystery.

Unless Doffy escapes and we'll have to meet him again in another decade or so, the wrap up of this arc should be amazingly filled with details regarding Celestial Dragons, Marijoa and maybe the Will of the D.

Zeppu

D'aww, Baby 5 being nice to a newly recruited Dellinger.

KZDqqOK.png

ZenTzen

Great chapter , Law being a D is interesting and Don had it rather bad also because of his stupid father .

i dont think his father was stupid, maybe naive, and apparently the only good tenryubito, also, living pratically separated from normal people, without any idea of how the tenryubito are viewed didnt help

anyway,
Law being a D
was a WTF moment for me, cant wait for the next chapter

BatDan

Can anyone remind me what this D thing is again? It hasn't been explained yet right?

No actual explanation yet, but there's aspects we've seen with them.
They're very strong (Luffy, Ace, Saul, Garp, Roger, Rouge, Law, Dragon)
And they smile when they die (Roger, Saul, Rouge, Ace)

There's speculation that Teach isn't a D, but knows the significance and uses the name to try and gain notoriety. Plus, Whitebeard's speech at the end that "he's not the one Roger's waiting for".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom