• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

don't you dare abandon Bepo!

if anything the Heart pirates will be a sub fleet of the strawhats like what will happen to Bart's crew

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
I can't see Law joining the Straw Hats. Aside from having his own crew (and his pride) the Straw Hats already have two swordsmen and a doctor.

An ally pirate crew? Absolutely.

Luffy has so many people in debt to him at this point he could take on the World Gov if he was so inclined.

robox

law's not going to join.

law will take over as the main character of one piece from here on out.

he's already super popular. and once the (always) heart wrenching flashback is done, he'll reach untold heights of popularity. in order to appease the fans, oda will have not choice but to make him the main character going forward.

Has a character who didn't join the crew ever gotten a flashback like this and an arc with their conflict as the backdrop?

Could it be happening???????

The Monster Quartet?

Sabo flashback was more significant but Law seems to have more fans.

Law might die for real in this fight as this could also be seen as a build up for that. You can't say for sure.

Taborcarn

So, I take it Oda watched The Departed before this arc.

Corazon is acting as a plant for the Marines in Doflamingo's crew, while Vergo is acting as a plant for Doflamingo in the Marines.

I just realized how well this analogy works, because it means Jack Nicholson is Joker.

giphy.gif

tumblr_lw1496Jou91qh2jamo1_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Corazon might be the best character OP has seen in a while. Really liking his design and personality.

I just realized something, all the times Corazon did something klutzy and why he never screamed or had those sound effects, it was because he was screaming but he made a mute barrier all those times. And he was always mean to the kids so that they would leave Doffy's crew. Oda, you da best.

wow, me and the wife just watched One Piece Z movie....

what the what?!??!?

Amazing animations and man I wish Z was in the real manga!

almost teared up at the end...

Grexeno

what the what?!??!?

Film Z is great, but the panderingly obvious "male gaze" shots of Robin and Nami annoyed me greatly.

Sabo flashback was more significant but Law seems to have more fans.

Law might die for real in this fight as this could also be seen as a build up for that. You can't say for sure.
I'm honestly afraid that this might happen.

I don't really see the Sabo flashback as focusing on Sabo. It was more about the ties between the three and predominately Ace and Luffy.

But I don't really think Law will join... But I kind of hope he does...

Film Z is great, but the panderingly obvious "male gaze" shots of Robin and Nami annoyed me greatly.
yeah, I was watching it with my wife and felt a little embarrassed. It's like, man, I wish there were more mature adults who were into manga and anime (truly some good storytelling) so the authors wouldn't feel the need to have so many 'fanservice' shots.

I saw Film Z in Blu-Ray, it is a thing of beauty.

But yeah, weird shots of Nami and Robin that is typical of the non-canon One Piece stuff

yeah, I was watching it with my wife and felt a little embarrassed. It's like, man, I wish there were more mature adults who were into manga and anime (truly some good storytelling) so the authors wouldn't feel the need to have so many 'fanservice' shots.

There's a lot of fanservice for women with the sauna scene, so it's equal opportunity at least.

Lunar15

Ironically, they found that most of the people who read one piece in japan are actually over 20.

Oh, mature adults. Yeah, I agree. I feel like one piece was actually pretty good at not going overboard on fanservice, but that's completely shifted in the other direction over the past decade. Such a shame.

Ironically, they found that most of the people who read one piece in japan are actually over 20.

Oh, mature adults. Yeah, I agree. I feel like one piece was actually pretty good at not going overboard on fanservice, but that's completely shifted in the other direction over the past decade. Such a shame.

Compared to most series, One Piece almost never goes overboard with fanservice.

Well... the manga, at least.

I'm honestly afraid that this might happen.

I don't really see the Sabo flashback as focusing on Sabo. It was more about the ties between the three and predominately Ace and Luffy.

But I don't really think Law will join... But I kind of hope he does...

Well it was sort of a bait and switch. It started off as Luffy and Ace as kids but then ended up mainly about Sabo.

Well it was sort of a bait and switch. It started off as Luffy and Ace as kids but then ended up mainly about Sabo.

Not really. It's more like Sabo was a catalyst for Luffy and Ace to become 'real' brothers. They bonded over Sabo's misfortune.
The flashback only really focused on Sabo cause of that role.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Spoilers from redon of ArlongPark

- Title: Minion, the island of destiny.
- Doflamingo told Rosinante that some pirates had Ope Ope no Mi and they wanted to trade it with Marine. Doflamingo wanted to get it before that.
- Rosinante called Sengoku to inform about it. Sengoku was surprised becouse it was top secret.
- Rosinante decided to steal Ope Ope no Mi before trade date and before Doflamingo's plan.​
- Rosinante got Ope Ope no Mi (It's ♡ form) but when he was running away he's captured by the pirates.
- No chapter next week.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fun fact, there are only three arcs that don't end with Luffy defeating the big bad:
  • Captain Morgan arc
  • Impel Down
  • Marineford
I really wish we'd have another arc like that but i doubt Luffy doesn't defeat Doflamingo in this arc.

demidar

Fun fact, there are only three arcs that don't end with Luffy defeating the big bad:
  • Captain Morgan arc
  • Impel Down
  • Marineford
I really wish we'd have another arc like that but i doubt Luffy doesn't defeat Doflamingo in this arc.

You're not gonna count Sabaody Archipelago?

Would it count as a total defeat though, since Kuma basically saved their lives.

daveo42

Banned
Great chapter this week. Corazon's DF seems to have its uses here and there, especially because of his role as an informant on his brother.

only this wrong with this chapter...

is that there's no chapter next week '-(

My goodness, how is the series so consistently good? amazing back story Oda...

Maybe Law will be the one who defeats Dofi after all?

Kater

Banned
Corazon you clumsy fool. Everything went so well and then with a single slip, the tables are turned.

One Piece

This really is giving me The Departed/Infernal Affairs vibes. Also that was some great use of his powers by Corazon

It's a pretty useful DF power if you have to fart but don't want to be noticed, apparently.

Squishy3

So Corazon is obviously from some other entity that isn't the Government, but is probably undercover in the Government for that entity. I see no reason why he'd lie to Law about not being a marine.

Or he just doesn't want Doffy to control the world, as Doffy's plans with the Ope Ope No Mi, despite not being detailed yet, would involve him becoming the head of the World Government, what with it's abilities to put people into different bodies.

So Corazon is obviously from some other entity that isn't the Government, but is probably undercover in the Government for that entity. I see no reason why he'd lie to Law about not being a marine.

Or he just doesn't want Doffy to control the world, as Doffy's plans, despite not being detailed yet, would involve him becoming the head of the World Government.

I think Corazon is pretty authentic. He isn't a member of the marines, but he works with the marines because he's scared of his brother's... instability. Seems to fit the "wants the best for everyone, but somehow makes things worse" archetype that's pretty common.

Or he just doesn't want Doffy to control the world, as Doffy's plans with the Ope Ope No Mi, despite not being detailed yet, would involve him becoming the head of the World Government, what with it's abilities to put people into different bodies.

Maybe because Law was dying and he's a softie? He just lied to comfort him

Tizoc

Of course
Law is a D, I should've seen it coming
Nice flashback mainly because of Corazon.

6ZaZVf.png

Law and Corazon are at Montblanc's castle

Son of a bitch...

I just realized something, all the times Corazon did something klutzy and why he never screamed or had those sound effects, it was because he was screaming but he made a mute barrier all those times. And he was always mean to the kids so that they would leave Doffy's crew. Oda, you da best.

Brilliant, I'm liking Corazon a lot now
shame he's gonna die, can't have a One Piece flashback without someone dieing :V

what the what?!??!?

I need to watch that movie someday...

Kater

Banned

what the what?!??!?

And Z was awesome. I hope Franky will someday get as impressively powerful as Z. He could have his own ship under Luffy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom