• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjork

Severely injured at the very least.

Inb4 his face is marred beyond recognition and nobody can fix it, not even Law and even though his wanted poster now has his face on it nobody will know that he's Black Leg Sanji

What if his face looks like his original poster now

Nobody cares about a dumb old cat!

image.php

Severely injured at the very least.

Inb4 his face is marred beyond recognition and nobody can fix it, not even Law and even though his wanted poster now has his face on it nobody will know that he's Black Leg Sanji

Sanji kicks himself in the face to change his bone structure back to what it was.

smurfx

get some go again
i want my theory of sanji being turned in to the marines by a bounty hunter or even jack to be true so we get more exposure to the reverie. of course that would mean sanji is a lost prince to some powerful country. the reverie should be happening really soon and sanji being there would be cool. he gets to reunite with vivi and we learn more about the celestials. some daughter of a very powerful celestial falls for sanji and she ends up following him around the world. she helps out sanji gain access to various world government facilities and marine facilities.

Veelk

Banned
D: The thing that concerns me is the cover of chapter 614. You see how Makino-san is holding a baby? Does that mean that baby is Makino-san's child?! And does that mean the father is me?! P.N. Dandelion

O: NOT YOU!!! (Shock)

...ah... Sorry. Well--. Seems Makino-san became a mother. She looks very happy. The father is maybe that person-. Yeah, probably that person.

That's the SBS answer.

My guess is a new character will be introduced with the name That Person.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_nwb4fkxEMc1tuuqzpo1_540.jpg

Poor Anime-only people. :(

Until proven otherwise, I'll just assume she and Dadan got married and adopted.

Very progressive of Oda
Well, she hasn't had any real on-screen chemistry with any other character so it could be anyone really.

But it's probably just some character we'll see once and then never again.

Thinking about it, Sanji saying he's leaving the crew would be too much a copy of water7. Nami's probably crying because he was captured or some shit like that.

I'm so ready for Mr.Prince to be back. This is the time oda, do it.

Sanji is probably just locked up in a room full of male Minks that love his stubble, similar to how Nami and Chopper were in that room with the big Mink.

Ugh, another break already!? The pacing of this arc is really great so far.

Next chapter, assuming we learn about what happened, is gonna be definitive.

Veelk

Banned
So does anyone know why the WG hasn't made up some kind of lie about what happened in the void century? Most of the time, when people try to cover something up, they....cover it up with something. Some kind of false pretense of what actually happened.

So does anyone know why the WG hasn't made up some kind of lie about what happened in the void century? Most of the time, when people try to cover something up, they....cover it up with something. Some kind of false pretense of what actually happened.

Seems they've taken the "destroy all evidence, outlaw study of it, and execute anyone who studies it" route.

Over the course of time it seems like they just quietly "erased" the evidence and discouraged the study of history. No need to replace anything if no one is ever going to look. Not sure how many historians there are in the One Piece world, they made it seem like Ohara were exceptional because they were actually interested in the world's history.

Since Ponyglyphs seem to be the only record, there must be something about them that makes them indestructible because I doubt the WG is in the dark about their existence. Or maybe they thought no one alive could read them anyway?

Nibel

Seems they've taken the "destroy all evidence, outlaw study of it, and execute anyone who studies it" route.

I agree and would add that outside of Robin and the people of her past nobody is really looking for the Void century.

Which makes me question.. what if Gold Roger - who knew about the real history - was forced to make up the One Piece so that the age of pirates begins and people focus on that instead of the past?
zoaglkgo8sm2.png

Robin is the only one left who can read the poneglyphs. Most people aren't even aware that there is a void century history, as we saw with nefertari cobra.

Veelk

Banned

That's kind of my point. What does it imply about the government that they would do that? Consider what the consequences of that should be.

The World Government has many, many enemies that want to see it's end. So they observe that the government keeps mum on the subject of the void history. Anybody with eyes can see that they're afraid of whatever information is from there, which would immediately incentivize the WG enemies to go after that information. It doesn't matter what the enemies might think it'd be, the fact that it's something that runs counter to the WG's desire would be enough for people to want to discover it. Anybody with an ounce of appropriate amount of cynicism would easily guess that if it weren't dangerous to the WG, they wouldn't care to remove information about it.

And while the enemies of the WG would want to know it, but neutral or even WG supporters would make use of the gap of information. Suppose that somebody just didn't like someone else. All they would need to do was plant sufficient rumors that the person in question knows the WG secrets. Perhaps they could make a fake Polyglyph (I mean, when the WG found the one in Ohara, as soon as they saw it, they just ordered the buster call. It's not like thy tested whether it was actually one as far as I could tell). Either the WG or an enemy of the WG who is interested in the Polegylph would come in and cause trouble. This misinformation would be a vital weapon, but no one seems to use it.

In comparison to that, setting up some kind of uninteresting cover story would be far more efficient, it seems to me. However, even without the WG actually coming in and imposing some kind of lie, there should be misinformation abound. There were obviously survivors to whatever it is that happened. They might pass the information along to their children. Or maybe people just straight up make things up, either to discredit the WG or just make a name for themselves for discovering the secret. "Oh, yes, I totally found out the secret history guys! Turns out that the lost kingdom pulled the 20 kings trousers down during a party once, so they decided to have everyone killed!" and some would believe it, spread such rumors, rumors would be believed and become 'facts' to all but the most judacious of scholars who actually make it a point to fact check.

The void history is by far the most interesting aspect of OP to me, but I just find the lack of misinformation regarding it to be kind of baffling. If nothing else, history hates as gap. People make assumptions, tell stories, etc. Their credibility doesn't really matter, the point is that this wouldn't just be something people stopped talking about. There should be plenty of misinformation regarding it. Everyone and their mom should think they know what actually happened, just because of how information is dispersed. I find the idea that people actually simply stop and don't make presumptions without evidence to be hard to swallow.

It's unnatural, and it disadvantageous to the WG in any case because people can then make up their own stories that harm the WG. I don't just mean in terms of reputation, I mean the simple fact that it's something their hiding probably put more people on the track of looking for the Poleglyphs than anything else. It would be easy for them to instead just say that there was some kind of world ending event that they stopped and say that the records were lost in the battle or something like that, stopping a great deal of people from thinking there is anything more to that event in the first place.

That's kind of my point. What does it imply about the government that they would do that? Consider what the consequences of that should be.

The World Government has many, many enemies that want to see it's end. So they observe that the government keeps mum on the subject of the void history. Anybody with eyes can see that they're afraid of whatever information is from there, which would immediately incentivize the WG enemies to go after that information. It doesn't matter what the enemies might think it'd be, the fact that it's something that runs counter to the WG's desire would be enough for people to want to discover it. Anybody with an ounce of appropriate amount of cynicism would easily guess that if it weren't dangerous to the WG, they wouldn't care to remove information about it.

And while the enemies of the WG would want to know it, but neutral or even WG supporters would make use of the gap of information. Suppose that somebody just didn't like someone else. All they would need to do was plant sufficient rumors that the person in question knows the WG secrets. Perhaps they could make a fake Polyglyph (I mean, when the WG found the one in Ohara, as soon as they saw it, they just ordered the buster call. It's not like thy tested whether it was actually one as far as I could tell). Either the WG or an enemy of the WG who is interested in the Polegylph would come in and cause trouble. This misinformation would be a vital weapon, but no one seems to use it.

In comparison to that, setting up some kind of uninteresting cover story would be far more efficient, it seems to me. However, even without the WG actually coming in and imposing some kind of lie, there should be misinformation abound. There were obviously survivors to whatever it is that happened. They might pass the information along to their children. Or maybe people just straight up make things up, either to discredit the WG or just make a name for themselves for discovering the secret. "Oh, yes, I totally found out the secret history guys! Turns out that the lost kingdom pulled the 20 kings trousers down during a party once, so they decided to have everyone killed!" and some would believe it, spread such rumors, rumors would be believed and become 'facts' to all but the most judacious of scholars who actually make it a point to fact check.

The void history is by far the most interesting aspect of OP to me, but I just find the lack of misinformation regarding it to be kind of baffling. If nothing else, history hates as gap. People make assumptions, tell stories, etc. Their credibility doesn't really matter, the point is that this wouldn't just be something people stopped talking about. There should be plenty of misinformation regarding it. Everyone and their mom should think they know what actually happened, just because of how information is dispersed. I find the idea that people actually simply stop and don't make presumptions without evidence to be hard to swallow. It's unnatural, and it disadvantageous to the WG in any case because people can then make up their own stories that paint the WG in a bad light. It would be easy for them to instead just say that there was some kind of world ending event that they stopped and say that the records were lost in the battle or something like that, stopping a great deal of people from thinking there is anything more to that event in the first place.

This implies that whatever education system exists on one piece's world, it has "history" as a topic of study, and i'm not really sure about that. Common folks probably don't know about it, damn i seriously don't recall what happened between 1100 and 1200 AC in real life, why should people care or even spread shit about something so irrelevant? That probably explains why they left the poneglyphs there, they could've easily gathered them all and hide them away from the rest of the world...

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I think some of this is due to how long ago it was. What, 900, 1000 years? How many historical mysteries from the year 1000 do we give a crap about in the present day? I kind of feel like the world just lost interest all together (barring isolated instances like Ohara obviously).

Veelk

Banned
This implies that whatever education system exists on one piece's world, it has "history" as a topic of study, and i'm not really sure about that. Common folks probably don't know about it, damn i seriously don't recall what happened between 1100 and 1200 AC in real life, why should people care or even spread shit about something so irrelevant? That probably explains why they left the poneglyphs there, they could've easily gathered them all and hide them away from the rest of the world...

History is inevitably a topic of study. It's a topic of study in almost any culture with an education system. I'd argue that much of OP's world wouldn't have that, but that's not right, what with their technology level allowing mass communication. Outback villages might not have it, but any major city obviously does.

As for you're personal lack of interest in history, you're not in a position where what happened 1200 years ago would be potentially vital to gaining you power and defeating the government that your an enemy of. As I outlined, there is a lot of reason for the people of OP to be interested in the secret history, if for no other reason than because the Gov is interested in you not knowing it.

I think some of this is due to how long ago it was. What, 900, 1000 years? How many historical mysteries from the year 1000 do we give a crap about in the present day? I kind of feel like the world just lost interest all together (barring isolated instances like Ohara obviously).

As mentioned above. How many thousand year old mysteries would overthrow the governments of the world today? Now pretend that your particular government is comprised of fascist dicks and that you're already some kind of rebel that is fighting against them. Find a mystery like that, and see how many people become all too keen on brushing up on their history.

Big One

Banned
I feel like so far that we're reading an arc that's already ended, lol.

I think more or less Oda is going to do is setup the next major storyline: Sanji. Sanji being missing suggests the Wanted Alive thing going to get explained, and if Jack knew about the bounty which is likely considering the bounty was put out likely after Doflamingo was defeated and before the three days spent on Dressrosa, he probably captured Sanji.

I think Jack captured Sanji and Momo, and Brook was left in the forest causing the Minks to think he's a corpse, lol. Keep in mind that there are no plurals in Japanese, so it's likely whenever the Minks mentioned "friends" they might be referring to a single character

Brook I could see maybe his soul was kicked out of his body in battle, and is floating about trying to find his body. Maybe his soul was captured by Jack or one of his subordinates (Geckoh Moria maybe?).

Sanji was captured for his bounty, and Momo was captured cause Kaidou wants him.

I think Nami believes Sanji was dead cause Jack likely had Sanji, Momo, and possibly even Brook's spirit on his ship when he attacked those ships. I think Jack is alive, but his crew was mostly wiped out.

Most of the general public believe that the world government is good. Only the rebellion so far has directly opposed them, and pirates are disorganized outlaws looking to get rich. They justify outlawing study of the poneglyphs by saying that they contain plans for the ancient weapons, which as we saw with spandam doesn't necessarily deter everyone. So they hunt them down as criminals like they did with Robin and the general public believes them.

Veelk

Banned
Most of the general public believe that the world government is good. Only the rebellion so far has directly opposed them. They justify outlawing study of the poneglyphs by saying that they contain plans for the ancient weapons, which as we saw with spandam doesn't necessarily deter everyone. So they hunt them down as criminals like they did with Robin and the general public believes them.

I feel what I'm saying is not getting across. I'm not saying that this would mean that people wouldn't abide by the rules of not pursuing it. What I'm saying is that...

1. this blatant denial of the period without providing an alternative history or even any reason for it's why it's covered up, they make it obvious that it's a huge vulnerability of the government, which logic would suggest incentivizes people who are already against the WG to seek it out, wheras with an adequate cover story, a good deal of them wouldn't even think to go after them.

2. adequate research or not, the rumor mill would provide plenty of stories for what happened in the void century. There should be a wealth of misinformation, for hundreds of reasons from people simply wanting to take advantage of the WG's reaction to possible exposure, to people who just want some claim to fame and happened to be believed. There should be tons of misinformation.

Jigolo

I kind of called it, I guess. I think :s

Thought the Straw Hats were gonna be battered and bloody. But we'll see how Sanji ends up

I feel what I'm saying is not getting across. I'm not saying that this would mean that people wouldn't abide by the rules of not pursuing it. What I'm saying is that...

1. this blatant denial of the period without providing an alternative history or even any reason for it's why it's covered up, they make it obvious that it's a huge vulnerability of the government, which logic would suggest incentivizes people who are already against the WG to seek it out.

And since the revolutionary army is so far the only direct confrontation against them, for all we know that's precisely what they're doing. We don't know much about the workings of the Revolutionary Army.

2. adequate research or not, the rumor mill would provide plenty of stories for what happened in the void century. There should be a wealth of misinformation, for hundreds of reasons from people simply wanting to take advantage of the WG's kneejerk reaction to people who just want some claim to fame and happened to be believed. There should be tons of misinformation.

Maybe there is. We don't know. The story doesn't really take place in conventional locations where there's a ton of chances for people to talk about what they think happened during that time period. Not to mention that most people probably wouldn't give it a second thought. "There's a gap in the history of the world, but no records survive of that time period, oh well."

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's possible that the WG is just extremely proficient at wiping out anyone researching or talking about the void century. Whether they be genuine researchers, liars looking to take advantage, or just normal people making things up casually. They likely have a hard-line stance that even if you're just dickin around, you're a dead man. There are not many (if any) forces in the world that, if the WG pointed all their assets at them, could survive a targeted strike. Buster call, admirals, etc. I feel like misinformation wouldn't survive long enough to spread, and people, knowing the way the WG reacts to ANY discussion of the void, would be extremely reluctant to spread the information even if they happened to hear it.

There's really only one dedicated anti-WG force in the world today, the Revolutionary Army. And I have the feeling they may actually be looking into the void, or have some level of understanding about it. But beyond them, it's taboo enough that I think it just couldn't spread.

Veelk

Banned
And since the revolutionary army is so far the only direct confrontation against them, for all we know that's precisely what they're doing. We don't know much about the workings of the Revolutionary Army.

I consider pirates in general to be that. They don't want to overthrow the Gov on principle, I grant you, but they are their enemies. So they ought to have some vested interest in their possible weakpoint.

Maybe there is. We don't know. The story doesn't really take place in conventional locations where there's a ton of chances for people to talk about what they think happened during that time period. Not to mention that most people probably wouldn't give it a second thought. "There's a gap in the history of the world, but no records survive of that time period, oh well."

I feel like this would have been mentioned if they had some other cover story. The researchers of Ohara mention just trying to find information, not having to shift through any misinformation, which would be there if there was any.

And I fundamentally disagree that that is what people would think. They'd go "Oh, there's a gap in the history of the world but no records? Well, probably X happened. Yeah, that's probably it, X" and then you have a narrative of how something else happened.

It's possible that the WG is just extremely proficient at wiping out anyone researching or talking about the void century. Whether they be genuine researchers, liars looking to take advantage, or just normal people making things up casually. They likely have a hard-line stance that even if you're just dickin around, you're a dead man. There are not many (if any) forces in the world that, if the WG pointed all their assets at them, could survive a targeted strike. Buster call, admirals, etc. I feel like misinformation wouldn't survive long enough to spread, and people, knowing the way the WG reacts to ANY discussion of the void, would be extremely reluctant to spread the information even if they happened to hear it.

There's really only one dedicated anti-WG force in the world today, the Revolutionary Army. And I have the feeling they may actually be looking into the void, or have some level of understanding about it. But beyond them, it's taboo enough that I think it just couldn't spread.

Well, that;s the other thing I find strains credibility. There are obviously survivors of what happened, and they had descendants, and this was obviously a major world event. There's no way the WG would prevent people from talking about it without attempting some kind of mass extinction event. Even Enel didn't know what people were talking about at a distance, just knew of their existence in Skypeia. How would they know that someone is talking about the void century at any given time? Especially with technology as it is now, someone can just post a news bulletin from whatever that they found out about the void history and then run away. Then not only would they have to search the general area, because the guy could be long gone, but also they'd have to buster call dozens and dozens of islands to cover it up. It's impossible without having to kill off just....everyone.

But then again, everyone in Dressrosa somehow agreed to lie to the WG with the strawhat incident. I also find it unbelievable that they'd unanimously act like that, but it happened, so many the WG just had hundreds of thousands of people somehow agree to not say anything. I find that absurd, but...it's One piece. Same thing with Alabasta where Vivi announced to all of Alabasta that she was the strawhats ally, and just a general interview would have the WG discover Vivi's affiliation unless EVERY single person lied about it...which they apparently did.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Well, that;s the other thing I find strains credibility. There are obviously survivors of what happened, and they had descendants, and this was obviously a major world event. There's no way the WG would prevent people from talking about it without attempting some kind of mass extinction event. Even Enel didn't know what people were talking about at a distance, just knew of their existence in Skypeia. How would they know that someone is talking about the void century at any given time? Especially with technology as it is now, someone can just post a news bulletin from whatever that they found out about the void history and then run away. Then not only would they have to search the general area, because the guy could be long gone, but also they'd have to buster call dozens and dozens of islands to cover it up. It's impossible without having to kill off just....everyone.

Well there are a couple assumptions in here. One, that there were survivors of what happened. Consider the poneglyphs, carved in indestructible stone, the sole record of the void. Those that carved them must have known that none of them would survive. It's possible that there were indeed zero survivors, and that the "winners" of the event seeded the world with people freshly that had no ties to those who were wiped out.

Another assumption, though, is that it's just a simple matter of "remembering" the events. We've already seen with Sugar that there exist powers in the world to modify and remove memories from enormous swaths of people. The void century isn't just people not knowing what happened pertaining to that one missing kingdom, it's a worldwide phenomenon. Throughout cultures and histories, a century is missing. This is a bit much for the WG to accomplish simply via fearmongering. It might not be unreasonable to assume that there is a "power" involved here, one that actually "wiped" the information from the world, that whether there were survivors or not, no memories or records of the century escaped this event, sans the poneglyphs. Maybe it's even the third of the ancient weapons.

I consider pirates in general to be that. They don't want to overthrow the Gov on principle, I grant you, but they are their enemies. So they ought to have some vested interest in their possible weakpoint.

People who become pirates don't strike me as people interested in hitting the books and going on archaeological expeditions. Roger and his crew found out what the void century's history was and felt that they couldn't do a thing about it, whatever that means.

I feel like this would have been mentioned if they had some other cover story. The researchers of Ohara mention just trying to find information, not having to shift through any misinformation, which would be there if there was any.

And I fundamentally disagree that that is what people would think. They'd go "Oh, there's a gap in the history of the world but no records? Well, probably X happened. Yeah, that's probably it, X" and then you have a narrative of how something else happened.

The scholars of Ohara were focused on the poneglyphs specifically, not the void century. As for people thinking up something new, just because people have personal opinions about something they assume doesn't mean they just go spreading it about as facts.

Veelk

Banned
Well there are a couple assumptions in here. One, that there were survivors of what happened. Consider the poneglyphs, carved in indestructible stone, the sole record of the void. Those that carved them must have known that none of them would survive. It's possible that there were indeed zero survivors, and that the "winners" of the event seeded the world with people freshly that had no ties to those who were wiped out.

Another assumption, though, is that it's just a simple matter of "remembering" the events. We've already seen with Sugar that there exist powers in the world to modify and remove memories from enormous swaths of people. The void century isn't just people not knowing what happened pertaining to that one missing kingdom, it's a worldwide phenomenon. Throughout cultures and histories, a century is missing. This is a bit much for the WG to accomplish simply via fearmongering. It might not be unreasonable to assume that there is a "power" involved here, one that actually "wiped" the information from the world, that whether there were survivors or not, no memories or records of the century escaped this event, sans the poneglyphs. Maybe it's even the third of the ancient weapons.

What I mean by survivors I don't mean of the Great Kingdom. Even of the army that would later be known as the Marines survived, it's an army. THere would be thousands of 'winners' in it. And I also include the spectators and neutral parties. This is a huge event. The whole world would have seen this. Sheer statics would have atleast a large amount of people who want to talk about it, whether out of sorrow or pride or boredom.

You do have a point regarding the DF powers. It might be there is a supernatural force at play here. That would account for the massive memory loss. That, however, doesn't account for the rumor mill not producing anything though. Please keep in mind: I'm not arguing that the story of the void century would get out. I'm arguing a story, or more likely several stories, would be out there. But everyone seems aware that there is just this gap in history that is a weakness to the WG that no one knows the answers to, but doesn't seem particularly concerned with filling that gap. That's what I find unbelievable. It'd be one thing if there was some kind of cover that everyone bought into because they never thought to question it. The idea that anyone who opposed the WG wouldn't think that this is an obvious weakness to exploit is a different story however. Every group, including the WG itself, has some compelling reason to fill in the gap one way or another. That it's not filled is what I find suspect.

People who become pirates don't strike me as people interested in hitting the books and going on archaeological expeditions. Roger and his crew found out what the void century's history was and felt that they couldn't do a thing about it, whatever that means.

Well, they're very unintelligent pirates then. Here are the facts as the common world knows them: There is a gap in history. The WG is willing to execute on sight anyone who tries to guess at it. I feel the obvious inference (which happens to be correct) is that whatever it is is a major point of vulnerability to the WG. Any pirate that doesn't think that would be a useful thing to exploit is a moron. Say that they have no place to start or look for it, that's fine, if the Pirates just don't have any way of knowing how to even start digging up information on it. But this would be vital utility to any enemy of the WG. Even if it's unusuable, common pirates don't know that. All they know is that the WG has some kind of HUGE skeleton in it's closet they don't want the world to know about. So getting it would give them leverage, regardless of what their particular goal is. There is no reason ANYBODY against the WG shouldn't be interested in this information.

The scholars of Ohara were focused on the poneglyphs specifically, not the void century. As for people thinking up something new, just because people have personal opinions about something they assume doesn't mean they just go spreading it about as facts.

Studying Poleglyphs amounts to studying the void history. At least part of it. As for rumors, that's...precisely what people do. Jumping to conclusions is a remarkably common trait. Most rumors are believed to some degree or another, or else it isn't spread. A partially believed rumor, when it becomes popular enough, is believed. People's lives have been ruined over such misinformation. It happens pretty often.

Didn't Jack's lackies mention about the samurai is not with them? Caesar was the main goal but perhaps they were looking for Momo as well?

On the cover page it looks like everyone is celebrating Luffy's success with his wanted posters being there. I also think Sabo's bounty could have been risen as well since he did fight as Fuji. I see Sabo's hat but the guy on the right is wearing a straw hat. I think they are celebrating BOTH Luffy's and Sabo's activites in Dressrosa.

If we are thinking because Sabo's hat is there and that's his kid then luffy's hat is there too then that must mean................ nope.gif

I think they are celebrating that Sabo is alive as it was confirmed he was alive in Dressrosa. Its similar to this picture which I think they are celebrating about Luffy after the time skip
aM9Rh02.png

Jack MUST have been looking for someone who was with the strawhats, the timing at which he showed up at Zou is too convenient for anything else to be the case. Caesar is the most plausible, but Momonosuke and Sanji also might be targets.

makes sense that they're celebrating sabo is alive, although I'm not sure if anyone from Foosha except Dadan knew Sabo

What if Zou is mostly a flashback arc involving the Curly Brow Pirates? :eek: That would let Jack be the villain while still being eventually defeated by the marines.

I'd be ok with this as long as the pacing remains good

I can't deng this is like 80% chance of what happened. God i hope not. I mean sanji is the third strongest so i don't expect him to look better than zoro nd luffy...but my god. Nosebleeds,put into namis body,cracked bone by vergo,fucked up by viola,wrecked by mingo and now something seemingly happened again. Its painful.

Sanji is strong af. We've only seem glimpses of his new strength so far, so I'm hoping with all the focus on Sanji we'll get a good showcase of his new abilities. Also, Sanji didn't get wrecked by Doffy. The extent of their fight was Sanji intercepting Doffy before he got to the Sunny, and then they escaped.

But im wondering... Would nami be crying that way if sanji was captured since they could always go after him. He left the crew for some reason or he really is dead. If the second thing is the truth then it would be kind of cheap if brook could resurrect him (or anyone else in that case),
Hm this is the first time when i would really want to read spoilers for the next chapter..

Sanji could have faked his own death and went on the run

does your average person know about the void century? probably not...I would join the ongoing discussion about this, but the posts are too long and I don't feel like reading and responding to them right now :/

I kind of called it, I guess. I think :s

Thought the Straw Hats were gonna be battered and bloody. But we'll see how Sanji ends up

How is that calling it haha

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
That, however, doesn't account for the rumor mill not producing anything though. Please keep in mind: I'm not arguing that the story of the void century would get out. I'm arguing a story, or more likely several stories, would be out there. But everyone seems aware that there is just this gap in history that is a weakness to the WG that no one knows the answers to, but doesn't seem particularly concerned with filling that gap. That's what I find unbelievable. It'd be one thing if there was some kind of cover that everyone bought into because they never thought to question it. The idea that anyone who opposed the WG wouldn't think that this is an obvious weakness to exploit is a different story however. Every group, including the WG itself, has some compelling reason to fill in the gap one way or another. That it's not filled is what I find suspect.

Well that's where we go back to my Strong Deterrent theory. That there are no parties, sans the Revolutionary Army, convinced enough of their power vs a full WG strike to attempt to start rumors or any sort, because the WG has shown over the last 900 years or so that they will wipe out any whispers, however false they may be, and anyone whispering them.

smurfx

get some go again
the world government likely has erased the void century from as many books as possible. that means people wouldn't even know about a century being erased as it's not in books. it's easy for them to do something like that since many islands don't have much contact with others. the last 900 years the world government most likely killed many historians and burned all history books with mentions of the void century and rewrote them.

Veelk

Banned
Well that's where we go back to my Strong Deterrent theory. That there are no parties, sans the Revolutionary Army, convinced enough of their power vs a full WG strike to attempt to start rumors or any sort, because the WG has shown over the last 900 years or so that they will wipe out any whispers, however false they may be, and anyone whispering them.

Which wouldn't prevent them from being spread. There are several hypothetical examples of how this could happen. A character dislikes a particular island. So they spread the rumor that they know the void history and it goes like so. The rumor grows, and they leave to go elsewhere. The WG hears about this, so they come in and kill the island. So even people who have no interest in even opposing the WG can use misinformation to their advantage. Misinformation would still happen, specifically because the WG is so intent on keeping it a secret. That said, I find it unlikely because even the WG confirmed there was a polegylph at Ohara before wiping it out. So if they take the time to do that, I doubt they kill people just for discussing it.

But I still say this is impossible. By the time any piece of information gets to a non-stationed island, it would by defintion have to travel atleast one island. It'd be easy to create a rumor at a time where several ships leave a particular island, and have the rumor spread to 4, 10, even 20 islands. Supposing the WG don't get the signal to come do the buster call on those islands immediately, that could exponantially increase to over a hundred in less than a week. Are they going to Bustercall all those too?

The only way they can make it happen is if they have some kind of device to immediately know when the void history is being discussed (which they probably don't as they needed to verify Ohara) and some way in which they immediately respond to it at the very instance it is, which we know they don't. There MIGHT be some kind of DF fruit that has most people around the whole world naturally uninterested in even making up stories about the Void history, but I just don't see how the WG can control information to that degree in a world that essentially is one step away from having the functional equivelent to an internet.

smurfx

get some go again
i wonder if wano people know about the void century. they are isolationist but i'm sure they still had contact with the outside world. the world government has no control there so they wouldn't have been able to erase history there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom