• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Break again, oh well. At least I now know about what happened to Jack. I liked the silly animated giant cat. :3

The two women that are with Luffy are a bit weird, what with the licking and biting and all that. I liked that the Minks seem to be really friendly to the Strawhats unlike what I expected at first but I guess it won't take long for conflict to arrive. I hope we'll learn some more about their lore until then.

Conflict already arrived. We're in the post-conflict cooldown phase of the arc now. It's just that we missed the main part of the arc itself.

Jack wouldn't have known that. He also didn't expect everyone he took to Dressrosa to die with him.
I was just really responding to the first part. Zou only factored into the plans because Law knew Bepo would be welcomed, so it would be a relatively safe place for his crew to be (compared to, well, pretty much anywhere else in the world considering what kind of shit Law was going to be stirring up). Kaido and/or Jack may be familiar with Law's crew or been keeping tabs of the island to know that they would be there, though.

Lunar15

Really, really glad we're not going the whole "animal race hates the human race" route here. That's a trope I've seen a bit too much in a lot of different variations.

Its great that Jack was seeming destroyed...I mean he is obviously crazy, but both those guys could likely have taken him alone...Issho is badass.

Dimmle

Really, really glad we're not going the whole "animal race hates the human race" route here. That's a trope I've seen a bit too much in a lot of different variations.
Yeah, that was a pleasant surprise. It was a very OP handling of the issue.

Loved what we learned about the city on the elephant, it's really creative the thing with the "eruption" and such. Pretty unique.

And well, hope we see Sanji kicking ass soon.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
So now that we have a translation worth a damn...

Who was Jack looking for on Zou? Ceasar? Sanji?!??

Neat that the elephant has an actual name beyond just "elephant." Zunisha.

"Mink" being the term for their fur specifically, also interesting. And dog-lady chasing dat rubber bone, aw yiss.

Jack was told about Caesar back when Caesar's defeat was broadcast to all the underworld brokers.

65mA4.png

We still don't know why Law wanted to go to Zou as part of his plan. Maybe Jack was looking for Law or Caesar since he expected him to go straight there instead of to Dressrosa. There might be a bit of misdirection here since we are told to worry about Sanji we don't think about Caesar or Momo. Also Capone was involved so it's not straightforward at all to work out what is going on.

Why would Jack know Law even planned to go to Zou? Or that the Swirly Pirate Bros ended up there? Assuming Kinemon isn't a double agent, the only enemy character to learn that they were going to Zou was Giolla. And she didn't really have much time to relay that information before being KO'd a 2nd time. Plus, then Jack would need to still find and get to Zou as quickly as Sanji's group did. It's certainly possible but I don't think the Minks would be as overjoyed if the Strawhats were the ones responsible for leading Jack to the island.

That said, Jack may have very well taken Caesar and Momo as a consolation prize after he failed to find whatever he actually came to the island for.

Why would Jack know Law even planned to go to Zou? Or that the Swirly Pirate Bros ended up there? Assuming Kinemon isn't a double agent, the only enemy character to learn that they were going to Zou was Giolla. And she didn't really have much time to relay that information before being KO'd a 2nd time. Plus, then Jack would need to still find and get to Zou as quickly as Sanji's group did. It's certainly possible but I don't think the Minks would be as overjoyed if the Strawhats were the ones responsible for leading Jack to the island.

That said, Jack may have very well taken Caesar and Momo as a consolation prize after he failed to find whatever he actually came to the island for.

Law has been in the new world for two years making connections in the underworld. It's reasonable to assume that what he was involved in was known to Kaidou.

Man this thread is so much better when everyone is chatting about the chapter and getting hyped.

I don't post much in here but for a while I've been having to skip over so many discussions.

On topic:

For people thinking we will get less Sanji after this chapter, there could be the possibility of a flashback showing what happened to him!

ok cool chapter

I'm enjoying the setup for these arcs so far, but damn that cliffhanger. I doubt Sanji is dead though. Most of the things I wanted to say have been brought up already so I'll just go ahead and respond.

Cliffhanger and a week break... :(

And what about Brooke?

who????

I like how Wanda still sorta has a bit of that generic ladyface going on despite having a dog snout.

I like the bunny though, I'd let her cannibalize me.

word

What's with the Mink getting so close to Luffy's face? Is this some kind of 'animal curiosity'?

oh you ;)

As Jack was torturing Wanda, Sanji comes in and saves her. Jack defeats Sanji and takes him away with Caesar. As Jack hears of Doffys defeat, he's intercepted by Big Moms ship. They take away Sanji and Caesar. Remember Big Mom had some sort of tea party going on around the time Jack was is Zou. Sanji might have promised to cook for her if they let the crew reach Zou. Jack then goes on his way to rescue Doffy.

this is an interesting theory, and I think it could work out well if Oda executes it correctly.

One Piece 806:

I'm glad Oda went with the route of Jack being defeated by the marines. While it definitely "de-hypes" him when he eventually confronts Luffy, it would have been "too much" for him to be successful against the marines, especially when Kaidou has to be dealt with, and would have screwed up Oda's power balance too much. I'm also glad Oda quickly reunited some of the Straw Hats. Hopefully this pace continues and he resolves what ever "Sanji is..." is quickly as well (the gimmick ending wasn't necessary IMO, especially with Oda's current break schedule).

I agree, I think it would have been too OP for him to be able to take out the marine ships. I don't think Jack is dead, and I also think we'll see him again. I also agree that the pacing is pretty good, and that the Sanji thing will be dealt with next chapter.

i think it could have worked out if he had done it somewhat differently than others have, but I agree, it's more refreshing to have them accept them right off the bat, and already have the strawhats established as heroes here. I can't tell for sure, but it seems like Zou really is just going to be a lead up arc.

Also, I forget who posted the thing about Jack being chump change like Bellamy, but I also think that would be an interesting take too. It would definitely establish Luffy as a real force to be reckoned with among the admirals and yonkou.

so i just re read it to clarify, and Jack was definitely looking for Caesar on Zou.

Sanji escapes with Caesar and hides him, or takes him with him.

The marines hear about the SMILE from Doflamingo, and hear about Sanji escaping with Caesar from Jack.

The marines want Sanji alive b/c he's the only one who knows where Caesar is.

edit: OR, Sanji was the one Jack was looking for on Zou b/c he had previously hidden Caesar

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
so i just re read it to clarify, and Jack was definitely looking for Caesar on Zou.

Sanji escapes with Caesar and hides him, or takes him with him.

The marines hear about the SMILE from Doflamingo, and hear about Sanji escaping with Caesar from Jack.

The marines want Sanji alive b/c he's the only one who knows where Caesar is.

Sanji on the run? He better hope the marines don't send a sexy lady after him or he's screwed.

This is so depressing..i swear if i seen sanji

A)Beaten and bloodied up
B)Captured
C)BOTH!!

Ima be pissed it's been a shit on sanji fest since the timeskip nd its getting hard to hold a argument against it lol. Oda!! Help me out

Oxn

A)Beaten and bloodied up
B)Captured
C)BOTH!!

Ima be pissed it's been a shit on sanji fest since the timeskip nd its getting hard to hold a argument against it lol. Oda!! Help me out

Dont worry brah, Zoro will come rescue him

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

A)Beaten and bloodied up
B)Captured
C)BOTH!!

Don't worry, it'll be

D) gravestone

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What if Zou is mostly a flashback arc involving the Curly Brow Pirates? :eek: That would let Jack be the villain while still being eventually defeated by the marines.

Didn't Jack's lackies mention about the samurai is not with them? Caesar was the main goal but perhaps they were looking for Momo as well?

On the cover page it looks like everyone is celebrating Luffy's success with his wanted posters being there. I also think Sabo's bounty could have been risen as well since he did fight as Fuji. I see Sabo's hat but the guy on the right is wearing a straw hat. I think they are celebrating BOTH Luffy's and Sabo's activites in Dressrosa.

If we are thinking because Sabo's hat is there and that's his kid then luffy's hat is there too then that must mean................ nope.gif

I think they are celebrating that Sabo is alive as it was confirmed he was alive in Dressrosa. Its similar to this picture which I think they are celebrating about Luffy after the time skip
aM9Rh02.png

What if Zou is mostly a flashback arc involving the Curly Brow Pirates? :eek: That would let Jack be the villain while still being eventually defeated by the marines.

As long as the flashback doesn't go for very long, I'd be okay with it.

Is this the first time Luffy has arrived at an island where the conflict is already over?
Unless Jack pops up at Zou again.

I'd be okay with it if Zoro x Sanji became the first canonical on-board relationship after Zoro realised his true feelings for Sanji during the upcoming high-tension rescue arc.

It'd make OP the progressive piece of manga many of us have yearned for all this time.

Qurupeke

Is this the first time Luffy has arrived at an island where the conflict is already over?
Unless Jack pops up at Zou again.

I guess that's how this arc will go. We'll have a flashback of everything that happened during the last few days, maybe a bit of rest and at the end of the arc Whitebeard Jr./Jack/both of them will appear.

He made an excellent punching bag for Jack. :)
I can't deng this is like 80% chance of what happened. God i hope not. I mean sanji is the third strongest so i don't expect him to look better than zoro nd luffy...but my god. Nosebleeds,put into namis body,cracked bone by vergo,fucked up by viola,wrecked by mingo and now something seemingly happened again. Its painful.

I can't deng this is like 80% chance of what happened. God i hope not. I mean sanji is the third strongest so i don't expect him to look better than zoro nd luffy...but my god. Nosebleeds,put into namis body,cracked bone by vergo,fucked up by viola,wrecked by mingo and now something seemingly happened again. Its painful.

... Well you made your favorite character a jobber, he lost to Gin for a reason.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Sanji is gonna do something awesome, especially if he was captured. He's a master of behind the scenes work

Remember when he infiltrated the sea train by himself and was the first one to fight CP9 and break tekkai?

Or during Enies Lobby when he opened the door when nobody was around?

If he's captured and taken to Mariejois or something along those lines, he's going to do something only someone with his connections/location/status (depending on what his wanted alive poster means) can do. Sanji will be redeemed, you'll see. Even if he was beaten up by Jack.

KageZero

But im wondering... Would nami be crying that way if sanji was captured since they could always go after him. He left the crew for some reason or he really is dead. If the second thing is the truth then it would be kind of cheap if brook could resurrect him (or anyone else in that case),
Hm this is the first time when i would really want to read spoilers for the next chapter..

Oxn

Currently fifth strongest after god usopp

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Just think when Jinbei joins Sanji can go even further down the totem pole. He can fill God Usopp's old role in the weakling trio.

KageZero

Just think when Jinbei joins Sanji can go even further down the totem pole. He can fill God Usopp's old role in the weakling trio.

Even if he joins sanji is at least on par with him. He has not done much after the ts but you are underestimating him way to much. He was a member of the monster trio before the ts and he will remain there until the end of the manga is something major does not happen (like a illness... or him being dead).
There was a reason why at the start of the TS he and zorro took down a pacifist, why was it confirmed that only he and zorro have haki besides luffy.
His fight with vergo was interrupted so we don't know how that would have ended or was he even using armamnet haki at that moment.
Regarding the fight vs doflaming he knew next to nothing of his ability so it's not a wonder he was captured there by surprise. If you want to go that far his first encounter with dofy went better that the first 2 encounter luffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom