• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

This is the longest fucking week ever.

the "I'm sorry" wouldn't have sense in that case
also we are still forgetting that there is one or more corpses

Yeah I feel like people are missing the whole "corpses" part, it could be another gag about Brook but the vibe so far has been suggesting Sanji is "dead" from the last few chapters.

People suggest Sanji was kidnapped by Jack/Kaido's underlings but from the chapter where they fought, they were there for a completely different reason and was looking for the samurai, they even questioned what Strawhats are doing there and calling them intruders, of course that could've changed after they've gone back to report the incident, but I doubt it unless Jack knows something we don't about Sanji, and pirates in general don't give a shit about bounties, they're not pirate hunters. The timing is also a bit tight for Jack to be there, although we don't know the exact timing, I feel that Jack just wrecked some shit, ordered his people to keep searching and left for Doffy about the time news broke out about Doffy being defeated.

The dog Mink specifically fell silent when Luffy said "Good! Sanji could be there!", hinting that something terrible happened to him, if he just left or was kidnapped, she wouldn't have cared as it's not really her business and that they can still get him back. They felt bad likely because they thought someone died.

i proposed that sanji might have faked his own death

but we'll see

I can't wait for the wano arc. I really want to learn how the Samurai have these kind of magic powers.

Police quoted as saying that the practice has to stop due to foreigners being improperly introduced to words like nakama without being told that in every case it translates cleanly to just crew mate.

500px-Sad_panda.svg.png

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'd be pretty bummed if I had to read the VIZ weekly chapters instead of scanlations. The shittiness of them is kind of Key, not having the full perfect experience week to week is what inspires me to buy the volumes. Scanned version gives me the gist, anime gives me it all padded out and sloppy, then finally I buy the whole arc and read it at once with volume corrections and the best translation and clean Oda art and it is the best.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=43329

Haha, holy shit, look what's on Japanese TV! Never thought I'd see this.

I'd be pretty bummed if I had to read the VIZ weekly chapters instead of scanlations. The shittiness of them is kind of Key, not having the full perfect experience week to week is what inspires me to buy the volumes. Scanned version gives me the gist, anime gives me it all padded out and sloppy, then finally I buy the whole arc and read it at once with volume corrections and the best translation and clean Oda art and it is the best.

I actually get this, but at the same time I feel the "luxury" of reading them early has spoiled us too much. It's left a bad taste in my mouth lately even in the case of unlicensed/cancelled series (Gintama).

The good thing about weekly chapters is the speculation, reactions and discussions. I buy and throughly read all the volumes too, and honestly, if it wasn't for forums, I probably wouldn't be reading chapters weekly.

I loled when I read the What The Hell part.

This was totally self aware of them.

What also makes that great is that he calls Maynard an Admiral. He's one rank below, a Vice-Admiral.
Normally MP is bad, but whoever did this was extra baaaaaaaaaad.

Everything about it is so goddamn funny ("what the hell?" being the perfect closer) that I almost exploded with laughter when I saw the panel in the latest Viz volume. If only I wasn't in a public area.

What also makes that great is that he calls Maynard an Admiral. He's one rank below, a Vice-Admiral.
Normally MP is bad, but whoever did this was extra baaaaaaaaaad.
This is the panel that really sells me on that one Reddit guy's claims that MP is fucking with people on purpose

Ussop repeating what the Mink woman said is just further proof to me

I'm talking about being up to date with the series, not the volumes (and even then, with the huge taxes i could never afford them).

Calm down, it'll be alright man.

I mentioned in the very post you quoted that reading digitally is different, I was just responding to you saying that they weren't available period.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Alright, theories for this week?

How about "Sanji was eaten by the elephant."

We're gonna go straight into flashback and get the whole "what happened on Zou" story, we won't know what happened to Sanji for months.

I hope I'm wrong.

Lunar15

Part of me wonders if Sanji's situation is tied to Capone.

Although, right now I'm guessing it has to do with some kind of power Brook has.

Alright, theories for this week?

How about "Sanji was eaten by the elephant."

OK. I'll come up with a far fetched prediction.

I predict that the Mink girl we saw was going to be used as a human sacrifice of some sort. Sanji stepped in and saw the only solution to stop the sacrifice was to offer himself instead. This would be some sort of strange ritual and would lead to Sanji being seen as a miracle worker similar to whole "God Usopp" thing.

I just base this on the setup and character archetypes used in One Piece.

Sanji is really dead and Luffy swears to KILL Jack. One Piece turns into a gritty dark themed mangá.
/s

Then they get on the Sunny and set sail. Oda then releases one chapter every year while they are the boat then switches so some other story with minor characters.

We're gonna go straight into flashback and get the whole "what happened on Zou" story, we won't know what happened to Sanji for months.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'm absolutely positive flashback will start this chapter lol. We might not see Sanji's fate for years!!

Part of me wonders if Sanji's situation is tied to Capone.

Although, right now I'm guessing it has to do with some kind of power Brook has.

Why would Capone have anything to do with it? Unless he somehow managed to follow them to Zou, then they would have escaped from Capone after the Coup de Burst.

Something to do with Brook would be much more plausible imo

Lunar15

Why would Capone have anything to do with it? Unless he somehow managed to follow them to Zou, then they would have escaped from Capone after the Coup de Burst.

Something to do with Brook would be much more plausible imo

Because Capone was tailing them and I assume there was some time passing between when we saw that and when Luffy's team arrived.

It has to be something involving Jack, since Kaidou's crew were engaging the Curly Hats last time we saw them. The only weird thing is the corpses bit.

1) Sanji is critically wounded
2) Sanji was captured, and Brook is critically wounded
3) Sanji awakened his Okama Kenpo and transformed
4) Sanji is actually dead, but there is a way to revive him

Grexeno

Perhaps Kaido's ability is to steal the souls of others, prolonging his life, and making Sanji effectively dead.

Probably not, though. I really have no idea how this is going to go.

If Brooke awakened his Devil Fruit, could it have some effect on other people's souls? Maybe things went REALLY bad and Brooke went Omega with taking his own soul and got Sanji's as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom