• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Spoilers are out already it seems

Took a sneak peak, everyone is chilled out so it seems in the end sanji took away on his own free will.

Meh.
Remember when a spoiler translation said that Law's eyes lit up upon learning there were ninjas on Zou?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
it's been so long

spoilers where are youuuuu need spoilers noooooooooowwww rrrraaggghhh

Total non-sequitur: this is one of the funniest scenes in the series, went searching for a zombie pic and found this instead

maxresdefault.jpg

it's been so long

spoilers where are youuuuu need spoilers noooooooooowwww rrrraaggghhh

Total non-sequitur: this is one of the funniest scenes in the series, went searching for a zombie pic and found this instead
Seeing him say it in the dub made me lose my shit.

Sanji-luffy what do you wanna do with these guys
Zoro- o dont tell me
Luffy-will u join my..
Sanji&zoro-overruled dumbass
(Funi dub)

I don't know if the spoilers are true or not but I thought we had already discussed that Capone was with Big Mom already because of this pic: Also look at the candle cane rales above Capone.
Spmt17z.jpg

Chariot

Chapter is out

still nothing on what happend to Sanji
Did you read the chapter? Right on the fourth page they say they don't worry because he left a note and was neither captured nor killed, concluding that he just left of his own will, voiding most of the theories. It's not the whole picture, but we're not as clueless as we were before.

ffdgh

Finally! That answers many questions...and I assume that's jack at the end? Poor brook lol.
On an unrelated note, the translation is much better than usual.

The fuck is going on? This arc is a mess in terms of story-telling, I have to say, which is a first for One Piece.

Dat new Franky hairstyle though.

The minks are weird. "This is the Dukedom. We have two Kings. Prince Inuarashi and Master Nekomamushi."

Haha yeah. I don't know if the translation is weird or if Oda just throwing around random terms.

Come on, we've been over this a million times. By now you REALLY should know that the early translations don't accurately represent the original text. Unless it's the part about having two leaders that you find weird, which I don't really find to be weird at all. Wait for the official translations.

The minks are weird. "This is the Dukedom. We have two Kings. Prince Inuarashi and Master Nekomamushi."

Yeah...I hope that is just a bad translation...

Also, good chapter, but the interesting stuff didnt happen...We didn't meet the King and we didnt find out about Sanji or the destruction...Too much tease...

Nightbird

Did you read the chapter? Right on the fourth page they say they don't worry because he left a note and was neither captured nor killed, concluding that he just left of his own will, voiding most of the theories. It's not the whole picture, but we're not as clueless as we were before.

Yeah, but thats not much for me. Killing was out of the question for me anyways, so it's actually just being captured that i can cross out now.

Metal B

Interesting, that we now get retrospective storytelling. It's something new for One Piece (Flashback normally were just for character development or motivation). The rest of the crew and the reader together try to get the bigger picture here, which is a good way to tell the story. There is a connection between the countries of Zou and Wano, which will properly be the main theme of this arc. Finally connecting all the dots, since we entered the New World.

Thinking about it, it's kind of crazy, that every arc since the beginning of the New World is somehow connected. There are now three layers in One Piece
1. The overall world (World Government, the Throne War, Revolutionaries, etc.)
2. The New World Odyssey (Punk Hazard Arc => Dressrosa Arc => Zou Arc)
3. And the actual arc

This is properly the new standard for One Piece. Before there was the "The Race to Ace" Odyssey (combining Straw Hat's Separation => Amazon Lily Arc => Impel Down Arc => Marineford Arc => Post War Arc) and the Fishman Island Arc as a connection point. I'm loving it.

KageZero

Yeah, but thats not much for me. Killing was out of the question for me anyways, so it's actually just being captured that i can cross out now.
Lame chapter really... As i assumed sanji left out of his own will but after that ending and a break this is so disappointing

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
And itsnothing.gif

Syntsui

The last few pages made absolutely no sense, fucking garbo pandas, I don't know why I insist. From what I could understand, Sanji was left to hold Big Mom's ship and Jack is an elephant looking for that ninja guy. Is that right?

KageZero

The last few pages made absolutely no sense, fucking garbo pandas, I don't know why I insist. From what I could understand, Sanji was left to hold Big Mom's ship and Jack is an elephant looking for that ninja guy. Is that right?

Partly it seems so. Sanji was protecting the ship but he was also on zou which means he left with the crew as well or later arrived somehow there. He was fighting kaidos crew if you remember from the chapter when they were first shown on zou.

Syntsui

Partly it seems so. Sanji was protecting the ship but he was also on zou which means he left with the crew as well or later arrived somehow there. He was fighting kaidos crew if you remember from the chapter when they were first shown on zou.

You are right, he was there with them. Pretty bad structured chapter setting up the whole Sanji mistery and then no one seems to give a damn.

Majukun

no,sanji arrived with the rest of the crew to zou,we already saw that
all we know is that big mammooth talks,it's highly possible he is jack,but no confirmation yet

The kingdom name is apparently a pun. from https://one-piece.com/special/greg/20151104_0483?l=en
*Dukedom is 公国 or 'koukoku' in Japanese making the full name 'Mokomo Koukoku' which when spoken *sounds* like 'moko-moko koku'; 'moko-moko' is actually an onomatopoeia meaning 'fluffy' and 'koku' means country so essentially it's the 'Country of Fluffiness'. Adowable.

SolVanderlyn

Smoker confirmed for Zou arc? ;D

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Weird how despite the arrest, they were still the first to get the chapter.

Brook's alright! Well, as alright as a bag of bones can be. Yohohohoho
Seems he was corpse and everyone's okay.
I want to see Sanji's "note". Also the Curly Brows arrived after the "Jack Attack" so he wasn't taken. Sounds like another instance of "sabotaging Eneru's ship" or "opening the Gates of Justice". A return to "Sabotage Sanji", haven't seen him in a while.

Jack's a mythical Mammoth zoan.
So there's Sengoku's Human Human Fruit: Giant Buddha Model, Marco's Phoenix fruit, X Drake's T-Rex fruit, and now Jack's Mammoth fruit.

I loved this chapter, i like this story structure its a nice change of pace. This time the strawhats are there after the fact everything went down.

And lol at luffy and franky praising them about escaping big mom that was funny.

Im not worried too much about sanji anymore. He left for a reason this time apparently, and qhen sanji leaves and comes back....he did something epic

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I loved this chapter, i like this story structure its a nice change of pace. This time the strawhats are there after the fact everything went down.

And lol at luffy and franky praising them about escaping big mom that was funny.

Im not worried too much about sanji anymore. He left for a reason this time apparently, and qhen sanji leaves and comes back....he did something epic

like so?
vIMNuof.jpg

smurfx

get some go again

what if sanji comes back with a devil fruit? that might be the final power up that puts him in luffy and zoro's league.

Luigi87

Because of recent discussion (as in last week)...
Clearly the contents of Sanji's note:
I have to go now. My planet needs me.

SolVanderlyn

If Sanji ate the Mera Mera Fruit, would it do anything, or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom