• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I have the feeling Sanji saw his new bounty poster, knew that his secret was out with that "alive" bit, and booked it. Whether to just protect the crew or actively do anything about it, who knows.

Lunar15

I have the feeling Sanji saw his new bounty poster, knew that his secret was out with that "alive" bit, and booked it. Whether to just protect the crew or actively do anything about it, who knows.

Yeah. If you ask me this whole thing is almost exactly reminiscent of when Robin left.

Lucci going full Zoan was cool:

b01045c1a563fe4ffcff810bdd49a4b6.png

I understand that the animal form is usually inferior than being half human and half animal, but it always looked cool to me when they did go full-on Zoan (which they very rarely do; I don't think Jabra went full wolf even once which saddens me).

smurfx

get some go again
the zoan fights might end up pretty boring and similar. if kaido's crew is basically mostly zoans then how is oda going to change things up?

Chariot

It really would be cool if there were heavy trade-offs for the hybrid form, so that zoan users would have switch around perpetually during fights, depending on the situation. Would make it more interesting. At the moment it's just a power-up form for most users.

smurfx

get some go again
The only interesting zoans so far imo has been chopper,marco and cp9(only because they had the six powers tech on top of zoans)
kaido's main crew probably has a ton of mythical zoans because otherwise the fights will end up very similar. luffy already fought a zoan so it will be sorta of a rehash. jack is only going to end up being a stronger version of lucci with his tusks as his animal advantage.

kaido's main crew probably has a ton of mythical zoans because otherwise the fights will end up very similar. luffy already fought a zoan so it will be sorta of a rehash. jack is only going to end up being a stronger version of lucci with his tusks as his animal advantage.
Hm i wonder would a mammoth be a regular zoan?

Kreed

One Piece 807:

The chapter itself was fine and I'm looking forward to filling in more of the gaps in time between when the Straw Hats split up, but like I said two weeks ago it would have been better if Oda didn't go with the cliffhanger ending in the previous chapter because it brought down this chapter due to the "bait and switch" IMO. I was at least hoping for a good gag/something to make the cliffhanger worth it since Oda himself should be aware many of his readers weren't expecting Sanji to be dead.

smurfx

get some go again
it was interesting that the elephant was howling when the intruder alarm was used. then that means it's aware of the minks living on its back? can the minks communicate with it? if they can then the elephant plus the minks would make one hell of an ally if they join luffy's alliance.

RomanceDawn

What's with some of you still thinking the crew doesn't care Sanji is gone? Nami, Brook and Chopper were there when he left, it affected them in a significant way. Something is up and it must be something serious. Luffy and the rest weren't there and are still unclear on all the details, plus the stronger crew mates definitely trust Sanji to take care of himself. It wouldn't be the first time Sanji was off alone and Luffy was like "he'll be fine, he won't die easily".

This was a pretty cool chapter and any of you complaining about not knowing the full reason why Sanji left haven't been reading long enough. It's typical of Oda to slowly drip feed explanations especially when it's something that seems like an entire arc is going to revolve around.

I loved the crew cheering on the efforts of Nami, Chopper, Brook and Sanji. Though Zoro looks like a hater. Just like his fans lol.

Looking back at Wanda's words and reactions. She was cool telling them that their corpse friend/s were at the fortress, it was only when Luffy mentioned Sanji specifically did she get a look of worry. Sanji leaving brought both Chopper and Nami to tears, naturally Wanda understands that is something Luffy and the rest might not be too happy with as well. Many of us figured she was talking about Brook and no one actually died, but I figured there was something more to it.

Under Kaido's command we have:
Tyrannosaurus
Mastadon/Mammoth
Kaido himself, the mighty Dragon... Zord.
All we need now is the Pterodactyl, Saber Toothed Tiger and Triceratops.

There are living dinosaurs like the Tyrannosaurus in One Piece so there are probably living Mammoths. It would likely still be classified as an ancient Zoan.

What's with some of you still thinking the crew doesn't care Sanji is gone? Nami, Brook and Chopper were there when he left, it affected them in a significant way. Something is up and it must be something serious. Luffy and the rest weren't there and are still unclear on all the details, plus the stronger crew mates definitely trust Sanji to take care of himself. It wouldn't be the first time Sanji was off alone and Luffy was like "he'll be fine, he won't die easily".

This was a pretty cool chapter and any of you complaining about not knowing the full reason why Sanji left haven't been reading long enough. It's typical of Oda to slowly drip feed explanations especially when it's something that seems like an entire arc is going to revolve around.

I loved the crew cheering on the efforts of Nami, Chopper, Brook and Sanji. Though Zoro looks like a hater. Just like his fans lol.

Looking back at Wanda's words and reactions. She was cool telling them that their corpse friend/s were at the fortress, it was only when Luffy mentioned Sanji specifically did she get a look of worry. Sanji leaving brought both Chopper and Nami to tears, naturally Wanda understands that is something Luffy and the rest might not be too happy with as well. Many of us figured she was talking about Brook and no one actually died, but I figured there was something more to it.

Tyrannosaurus
Mastadon/Mammoth

There are living dinosaurs like the Tyrannosaurus in One Piece so there are probably living Mammoths. It would likely still be classified as an ancient Zoan.
Where have you been all my life!! Friends!?

smurfx

get some go again
i was a huge fan of sanji until this whole nose bleed business actually started affecting him. guess oda got what he wanted and i stopped being a sanji fan after all the years of shitting on him.

Kornflayx

I still think this next arc will be huge for Sanji fans. He's on his own for now, so he can do his ultimate Okama Kenpo powerup without being seen by his friends.

Everyone will go like this if they see it:

OuQjNsn.gif

@RomanceD

Zoro isn't a "hater", lol. He's just a serious person who doesn't like showing his emotions. He was surely impressed by the skills of Nami and team, but prefers silent acknowledgment. He also likes Sanji (we all do), they're just rivals and constantly argue over each others attitudes. Fun trivia: Zoro has never once in the entirety of the manga referred to Sanji by name.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Tyrannosaurus
Mastadon/Mammoth

I don't think that's going to happen. Oda was born in 1975, he was well into high school when Zyuranger aired.
If anything, he would probably reference Sun Vulcan or Dynaman.

Puruzi

Banned
@RomanceD

Zoro isn't a "hater", lol. He's just a serious person who doesn't like showing his emotions. He was surely impressed by the skills of Nami and team, but prefers silent acknowledgment. He also likes Sanji (we all do), they're just rivals and constantly argue over each others attitudes. Fun trivia: Zoro has never once in the entirety of the manga referred to Sanji by name.

Fuck Mihawk for doing this

Lunar15

Oda's just doing that sometimes annoying thing where he wants to draw a really amazing reveal moment, but also wants to build cliffhangers from week to week.

He has to build up Sanji's exit, but also has to get the reader to get excited for the next chapter over a break. So, he teases the thing, but then holds off the thing until he can do the full flashback that builds it up.

It's so annoying, but it's so Oda. It's leading to either something really cool looking or a really, really big gag. Oda loves setting up both.

ok, so I finally got around to reading the chapter. I didn't really like the pacing, but it was an ok chapter, and next week should be something cool.

If that big elephant was Jack, it seems people were right saying he had an elephant or mammoth zoan fruit. I also wonder if Raizo is stronger than Kine'mon and Kanjuro if Jack is specifically looking for him?

Anyway, I'm interested to see how this plays out. Does this chapter basically say that there are no non-mamamal (or even non furred) Minks? If so I guess that means the possibility of Pekoms being a mink is dropped, although I guess he could be a lion mink who ate a turtle fruit, but idk lol.

I'll read through the thread a little later and respond to other peoples' posts.

Nibel

Another monarchy, eh. Some fantastically drawn panels here and there, and I liked the balance between comedy and story moments. It's cool to see them all interacting with each other again. Not so sure about the pacing though.

@RomanceD

I kinda miss the Zoro humor that was more prevalent early on in the series (like in Little Garden). But yeah, I'm telling you guys that Zoro and Sanji will have an epic bromance moment before this series is over.

I kinda miss the Zoro humor that was more prevalent early on in the series (like in Little Garden). But yeah, I'm telling you guys that Zoro and Sanji will have an epic bromance moment before this series is over.
You know what would be cool? If while the straw hats are leaving zou they see someone standing in the distance..bloodied,beaten zoro gets to him first and says "what the hell happened, you shitty cook?"

Sanji"Nothing at all..you damn moss head"

Pipe dream

Dugna

You know what would be cool? If while the straw hats are leaving zou they see someone standing in the distance..bloodied,beaten zoro gets to him first and says "what the hell happened, you shitty cook?"

Sanji"Nothing at all..you damn moss head"

Pipe dream

wouldn't that mean that Sanji would have to copy Zoro to get a storyline? Nah hope its something way better.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's going to be soooo much Doujin with Brook and the Dog Minks.

Oda is hitting way too many weird fetishes this arc. At least it's not too pandery (yet)

Oh. Scanlations actually came out today?

You guys need to stop reading bad translations from the Panda. It just ends up confusing you.

It appears that the theories that Sanji might getting a solo adventure might be true. He left a letter before leaving and SOMETHING happened before he left that has Nami, Brook, and Chopper worried.
Maybe Jack told Sanji something about his past?

Oxn

Oh. Scanlations actually came out today?

You guys need to stop reading bad translations from the Panda. It just ends up confusing you.

It appears that the theories that Sanji might getting a solo adventure might be true. He left a letter before leaving and SOMETHING happened before he left that has Nami, Brook, and Chopper worried.
Maybe Jack told Sanji something about his past?

Jack was gone before they got there I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom