• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Well, I can't imagine a progression where Wano is after Big Mom
who's to say kaido, wano and big mom won't all merge at one point? nobody said luffy has to get involved with one emperor at a time. what if it ends up being luffy/alliance and the supernovas and whatever alliance they have vs the both kaido and big mom. of course they won't be at one island but the battles might take place around the same time. it doesn't seem like there is much to do in zou at this point. jack is gone and jack might take a while to come back. after the flashback ends luffy might stick around for a bit and then maybe moves on to wano after we find out why the samurais wanted to go there.

Dimmle

Oda could easily introduce any number of wrinkles to the plot that would necessitate another arc before Wano. Don't forget, Drum only happened because Nami came down with an incredibly convenient fever.

Big One

Banned
Eh I really really think Wano is next. Wano has been directly built up for the last three arcs, there's no way another detour is coming up unless it's Reverie or something like that.

We need closure on this Kaidou mega-arc sometime, then Oda can focus on Big Mom.

smurfx

get some go again
i just thought of something. what if wano has an ancient weapon? maybe that is the reason why the world government hasn't tried taking it over. i don't think just having strong fighters would be enough as the world government could always call a huge buster call and destroy the island completely. maybe they don't have one of the 3 ancient weapons but something nearly as powerful.

i just thought of something. what if wano has an ancient weapon? maybe that is the reason why the world government hasn't tried taking it over. i don't think just having strong fighters would be enough as the world government could always call a huge buster call and destroy the island completely. maybe they don't have one of the 3 ancient weapons but something nearly as powerful.
Idk i agree i feel like that government excuse was bogus. Theres no way all these guys on wano are some strong force that scares the government away. Either they are partnered with kaido. Have a weapon like u said. Or they know some important history

smurfx

get some go again
Idk i agree i feel like that government excuse was bogus. Theres no way all these guys on wano are some strong force that scares the government away. Either they are partnered with kaido. Have a weapon like u said. Or they know some important history
i don't think it's kaido because the world government would have taken it over hundreds of years ago but hasn't been able to. they must have something that stops them.

i don't think it's kaido because the world government would have taken it over hundreds of years ago but hasn't been able to. they must have something that stops them.
Something is surely up with wano that's for sure. Not wanted on zou, somethings up with kaido,is people want momo,we still don't know want kinemon and co are on a mission for either

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Something is surely up with wano that's for sure. Not wanted on zou, somethings up with kaido,is people want momo,we still don't know want kinemon and co are on a mission for either

They likely aren't wanted on Zou due to Jack tearing everything up as he looked for Raizou.

Wano is likely very easily defended and filled with strong guys.

smurfx

get some go again
what if there is some power struggle in wano and the sons of the shogun are fighting for the crown? perhaps one of the sons asked kaido for his help and momo is one of the sons? it has been theorized that kinemon and the others might just be his bodyguards and fled wano because kaido and his men were gonna kill momo. it could also be that some lord overthrew the shogun with kaido's help and momo is the son of the shogun. kaido might of only offered his help because that lord is planning on expanding his power and taking over other islands and he know it will lead to a great war with the world government.

smurfx

get some go again
Wano is for sure Kaido's headquarters. He either is the shogun or has deposed/made the shogun irrelevant.
i don't think a nation powerful enough to scare off the world government would allow a pirate to take it over. this is why i think he's partnered with some political figure and that allows him to use wano's power.

KtSlime

Wano is probably an isolated, well fortified, proud, island nation and don't want to be controlled by the outside. It seems to be modeled on Japan, there is no reason to assume much more than that, IMO.

what if there is some power struggle in wano and the sons of the shogun are fighting for the crown? perhaps one of the sons asked kaido for his help and momo is one of the sons? it has been theorized that kinemon and the others might just be his bodyguards and fled wano because kaido and his men were gonna kill momo. it could also be that some lord overthrew the shogun with kaido's help and momo is the son of the shogun. kaido might of only offered his help because that lord is planning on expanding his power and taking over other islands and he know it will lead to a great war with the world government.
Ooo i like this theory. Wano is pretty interesting. Makes you wonder how exactly moriah dug up ryumas grave there.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Absalom was probably Moriah's go-to guy for getting him corpses. He can turn invisible, after all.

Dimmle

So about the Gorosei in the kimono: is there any chance he's from Wano? It would be interesting to start hearing backstory on the Gorosei at this point; they're covered in mysterious scars and affectations.

So about the Gorosei in the kimono: is there any chance he's from Wano? It would be interesting to start hearing backstory on the Gorosei at this point; they're covered in mysterious scars and affectations.

I wouldn't count on hearing their backstory until the last two arcs.

i don't think a nation powerful enough to scare off the world government would allow a pirate to take it over. this is why i think he's partnered with some political figure and that allows him to use wano's power.

11.jpg

It's Wano.

Dimmle

I wouldn't count on hearing their backstory until the last two arcs.

Yeah, I believe that. Their direct involvement in the main plot will probably come along with some significant revelations about the void century, etc, since they as World Government officials seem to have vested interest in keeping that information buried. Oda probably wants to keep that under wraps for a while longer.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There's a theory floating around about Sanji possibly being the son of this guy.

11326130_411266982399930_1406932811_n.jpg

smurfx

get some go again
so who here thinks sanji is going to end up at the reverie? it's coming soon and sanji would tie the strawhats to this important event. plus if something bad goes down sanji might end up being the one who cleans up the mess. i always got the feeling that something bad was going to happen to king neptune after we learned shirahoshi is poseidon.

Dimmle

so who here thinks sanji is going to end up at the reverie? it's coming soon and sanji would tie the strawhats to this important event. plus if something bad goes down sanji might end up being the one who cleans up the mess. i always got the feeling that something bad was going to happen to king neptune after we learned shirahoshi is poseidon.

I like this theory a lot but I'm doubtful about its likelihood. It would be the Sanji-Vivi buddy film of my wildest dreams.

Majukun

one of my old theories was about karibou telling kaidou that shirahoshi is posedon,thus makng him attack the reverie to get her,so this would fit since oda has never made an arc without a strawhat

Sanji should have his own mini arc but only if he teams up with Bonney.

one of my old theories was about karibou telling kaidou that shirahoshi is posedon,thus makng him attack the reverie to get her,so this would fit since oda has never made an arc without a strawhat

Not sure that Fishmen are part of the world government otherwise they wouldn't have so many problems and need to be protected by a Yonko.

Squishy3

Looks good. Should be funny at the very least. At least it's reusing the Foxy Pirates and only introducing a few new characters, so it shouldn't be bad like most "filler" Toei comes up with. Fucking Millennium Dragons or whatever it was. The Caesar Retreival Arc or whatever where the Kung-Fu Penguin came back was decent but that was also only what, 3 episodes?

I guess whatever makes the island negate Devil Fruit powers doesn't turn Chopper back into a reindeer though. Guess he just won't be able to transform into his different forms.

I've realized that in the past two arcs Oda took inspiration for city/architectural design from real world locations

DressRosa was Antoni Gaudí Spanish architecture inspired with its melting looking architecture and colour while the current location Zou looks a lot like Yemeni brick buildings mostly found in Sanaa

Proof?

Antoni Gaudí Spanish architecture...
bmikel_arch_barcelona.jpg

DressRosa...

why I care so much is because I just find it cool in a world building sense and loving unique architecture myself

Edit: I looked it up on-line an realized a bunch of other fans realized it too... especially the gate that the StrawHats pass through in Zou when entering the city is a exact replica of the Sanaa Gate in old Sanaa Yemen

That's pretty damn impressive. I like coming in here to see what you guys find out. Im not very good at history&geography so when i see you guys point out these references it's pretty damm cool

Another OP fan examined it way more correctly

for me at least and other I saw the similarities in basic design but this dude was the guy who literally found secret hidden landmarks scattered through out

It is cool to see these hidden Easter eggs... I wonder if Oda ever went to these places or just researches about them

Another OP fan examined it way more correctly

for me at least and other I saw the similarities in basic design but this dude was the guy who literally found secret hidden landmarks scattered through out

It is cool to see these hidden Easter eggs... I wonder if Oda ever went to these places or just researches about them
I think it's a bit of both honestly research and traveling.

I think it's a bit of both honestly research and traveling.

As you see that Spire in DressRosa and that castle in the distance in Zou are both actual buildings in the real world

in the past Oda had some simple nods to archisture styles as we saw in Alabasta, etc... but they weren't key landmarks

I wonder if in the future we will see more Easter eggs like these

As you see that Spire in DressRosa and that castle in the distance in Zou are both actual buildings in the real world

in the past Oda had some simple nods to archisture styles as we saw in Alabasta, etc... but they weren't key landmarks

I wonder if in the future we will see more Easter eggs like these
Im thinking wano could be easter egg heaven. Given it's based on samurai i think we could see some very nice cultural nods there

Im thinking wano could be easter egg heaven. Given it's based on samurai i think we could see some very nice cultural nods there
your right it will be a treat

Plus if we are going full analysing mode nothing beats some stuff I read online... places like reddit have a recent over the top analysing of the Zou arc already for the elephant meaning

Edit: Then again if you know some history the only right thing about that is Yemen's connection to the year of the elephant

all of these lores and history connections that OP fans put in when analysing this series is bountiful (like the Chinese generals and Dragon being a admiral)..... it would be lol worthy if Oda was just freely writing all of it without any of these regards

SolVanderlyn

The coolest thing about Wano is that we've actually already seen it in Oda's Monsters one shot.

Ryuma killing the dragon is still one of Oda's top tier moments. He even paralleled it in Punk Hazard with Zoro.

Also+zoro+and+ryuma+killed+a+dragon+in+the+_73f21f734320ea17989901368a60a271.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom