• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, it's just ridiculous when some self-righteous arse comes in and throws around bizarre condemnations around with no logic behind them whatsoever, lol.

Yet he says he is not mad o_O

Nope, I just like to call out arses on GAF as I see them.

This argument...

65830e6c51bef0be025f6a5f86549a60.jpg

Kornflayx

What is going on here? Why is everyone getting hot on a freaking message board.

That was a normal Mangastream translation. They even say it on their page, if you want a literal translation, don't read Mangastream

Nah, it's just ridiculous when some self-righteous arse comes in and throws around bizarre condemnations around with no logic behind them whatsoever, lol.

lol so pretty much exactly like what you're doing here and now?

In any event this was a great chapter I'm amazed at how much of a beast Jack is, really put into perspective Kaidou's strength

TheFlow

Banned
I think this makes Shanks even stronger than I realize.

Shanks Crew was apparently able to stop Kaido of the Beasts and end the war at Marineford

Agreed, the Yonkous in general are on another level

When you consider that the only Yonkou we have actually seen in action is Whitebeard and what he was capable of at Marineford it makes you think. Not to mention he was ill, past his prime and got stabbed by an ally which I'm sure must have weakened him a bit before he started to let loose.

What I would give to see Doflamingo tell Kaidou that he can't have smiles anymore and see how fast Doflamingo would be defeated after us knowing Doflamingos strength. I guess we will never know :(

When you consider that the only Yonkou we have actually seen in action is Whitebeard and what he was capable of at Marineford it makes you think. Not to mention he was ill, past his prime and got stabbed by an ally which I'm sure must have weakened him a bit before he started to let loose.

What I would give to see Doflamingo tell Kaidou that he can't have smiles anymore and see how fast Doflamingo would be defeated after us knowing Doflamingos strength. I guess we will never know :(

I think we will get something similar with Kidd's alliance. They're absolutely fucked and it's a good metric to see Kaido's power since they are supposedly similar in strength to Law and Luffy as the Worst Gen.

MCD

Speaking of Zoro, what's with that look he gave to Luffy (?) when he said "errand boy"?

Did he get mad or I'm making shit up?

I think it'll be something like Zoro pushed Mihawk to a surprising degree that he reactively defended himself and slashed his eye. When Zoro gets his epic fight where we get to see his full strength, then maybe we get a flashback to how he used this technique on Mihawk.

Dimmle

The reason why this is even remotely possible is that the characters have gone out of their way not to talk about him missing an eye.
I can't decide how I feel about the Strawhats' refusal to inquire about or disclose any facet of their experiences during the timeskip.

On one hand, Oda has clearly been developing this theme of unwavering humanism despite the past since Nami's story during the Arlong arc. I like that theme. It can be powerful.

However, their friendship is a mythical creature. No group of such close friends could travel for so long without breaching any of those very obvious subjects.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I can't decide how I feel about the Strawhats' refusal to inquire about or disclose any facet of their experiences during the timeskip.

On one hand, Oda has clearly been developing this theme of unwavering humanism despite the past since Nami's story during the Arlong arc. I like that theme. It can be powerful.

However, their friendship is a mythical creature. No group of such close friends could travel for so long without breaching any of those very obvious subjects.

You'd think Chopper, who really doesn't quite get humans or the shonen code and is, you know, Zoro's doctor would have had this talk.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
You'd think Chopper, who really doesn't quite get humans or the shonen code and is, you know, Zoro's doctor would have had this talk.

Maybe they did. While yes, it's possible/likely that the Straw Hats never talked about the timeskip, it's also possible they just did so off-panel. A lot happens in this crew off-panel, like basically all of their training and development of new techniques.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

The crew talk off panel but they don't recap things for new members. Hence why Robin was told about Monster Chopper but not the events of Arlong Park. So we can assume that crewmembers probably know about anything that happened since they joined the crew but not anything before. Unless of course the manga specified that its a secret (prime example being how only Zoro, Sanji, Brook and Robin know what happened between Zoro vs Kuma).

Case in point, on the way to Fishmen Island, we saw Zoro begin telling Luffy what happened during his timeskip before being off-paneled. So we know Luffy knows how Zoro lost his eye and the rest of his timeskip story, and we can imagine rest of the crew knows too.

The only real exception to this is probably Robin, and that's because she is Mrs. Secrecy of Secrets.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Robin is the best. Who knows what sort of shit she knows now and isn't telling anyone while instead fantasizing about cute things/things dying.

There are few Robin revelations that would surprise me at this point. She could be Ace's secret long lost half-sister and I would be like "oh yeah, well of course".

Post timeskip:

"Hey Luffy, you know a guy named Sabo?"

"Ehhhhhhh?!"

"Yeah he wouldn't shut up about you. By the way, he's alive. Oh, and your Dad is awesome in the sack."

Jokes, but yeah Sabo definitely told Robin not to talk about him to Luffy. She says "did you meet Luffy" to him when they meet up in Dresrossa.
I'm more curious as to why she doesn't talk about Dragon. I mean, I'm even more surprised Luffy isn't at all curious about what his old man is like. Maybe he forgot Dragon was a revolutionary lol

NSESN

Post timeskip:

"Hey Luffy, you know a guy named Sabo?"

"Ehhhhhhh?!"

"Yeah he wouldn't shut up about you. By the way, he's alive. Oh, and your Dad is awesome in the sack."

Jokes, but yeah Sabo definitely told Robin not to talk about him to Luffy. She says "did you meet Luffy" to him when they meet up in Dresrossa.
I'm more curious as to why she doesn't talk about Dragon. I mean, I'm even more surprised Luffy isn't at all curious about what his old man is like. Maybe he forgot Dragon was a revolutionary lol

I think Luffy simply don't care about what his dad does

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yep! I'm just saying he's not the first one to do it.

Ahh.

His whole family is just really really bad with secrets aren't they? I wonder what Dragon told Robin and then remember that he wasn't supposed to tell her, because you know he did that shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom