• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a feeling that Nekomamushi might have severely injured that battle, but I didn't expect him and Inuarashi to lose limbs like that. Damn.
We never say his left leg when he was in bed, too. In fact, it explains why he's bed-ridden.

If Raizou was on Zou all that time and he knew what happened to the Mink during Jack's assault, then that would make him a bastard and a coward. I hope that's not the case.

Damn, this chapter got really violent. Jack seems really powerful but if his defeat at the hands of the marines kind of checks expectations of his strength. Unless that just implies how powerful Fujitora is.

Nightbird

"I just want to crucify and chill"

zpSTPq1.gif

Fuck MS. I'm done reading their translations.

This is what the staff said about this:

The literal is more along the lines of: "All I want to do is crucify you and chat with you!"
To chat and to chill, comes pretty close, and it was supposed to be humorous so ended up with what you got there.

It's in the comments section, but you'vegot to scroll pretty far.

ffdgh

Man what a geat chapter. Oda is on a roll.

And yeah...wasn't expecting to see limb loss...yikes. Go figure taking out doffy would save the day in 2 places at once.

Anteater

Should get the cat and dog fixed up with Law's power.

I'm wondering the direction this will lead to seeing that Jack is off the island, unless he comes back, and it seems like Oda might want to take his time revealing the importance of the samurais.

Kreed

One Piece 810:

Have to admit, while I like Jack's design, all the huge characters Oda draws lately have put a damper on how "cool" his reveal would have been normally (I actually enjoyed the mink reveals more in this arc).

The flashback this chapter was fine but I was hoping for more detail in the fighting between Jack and the minks, as well as when the other half of the Straw Hats showed up since we spent so much on Luffy's group during the Doflamingo arc. It seems like everything will be covered in the next chapter flashback wise which is too bad IMO. Though I do understand Oda wanting to keep Jack's fighting abilities from the audience for when Luffy fights him.

I'm still wondering if Oda will have Jack return in this arc. This flashback does make it seem more likely Jack will return to get the Ninja, but with Jack not being able to get Doflamingo I wonder if he would go straight back to Zou or take time to recover. Based on this flashback, Jack definitely isn't the type to give up easily, so I can't see him having lost to the marines without exerting a lot of his strength and power.

Anteater

Ope Ope no Mi doesn't work that way. Plus if they somehow manage to find them, too much time has already passed for them to save the limbs.

hmm didn't Law fix most of brown beard's crew that way? Caesar gave them a mechanical device until Law came and gave them animal bodies, at least that's how I remember it.

edit: oh right they still had their legs, but just couldn't move them

hmm didn't Law fix most of brown beard's crew that way? Caesar gave them a mechanical device until Law came and gave them animal bodies, at least that's how I remember it.

He swapped their lower bodies with lower halves from (presumably alive) animals.

It's been heavily hinted, if not outright confirmed, that Law needs to cut things in his room so he can mix-and-match them.

Sealed

Banned
are you guys seriously upset about 'crucify and chill'? lol it's not that bad

I had a feeling that Nekomamushi might have severely injured that battle, but I didn't expect him and Inuarashi to lose limbs like that. Damn.
We never say his left leg when he was in bed, too. In fact, it explains why he's bed-ridden.

If Raizou was on Zou all that time and he knew what happened to the Mink during Jack's assault, then that would make him a bastard and a coward. I hope that's not the case.

you're telling me that if one of Kaidou's commanders were after you, you would let him take you? Sure, what happened was shitty, but I don't think Raizou is obligated to give himself up for them.

Damn, this chapter got really violent. Jack seems really powerful but if his defeat at the hands of the marines kind of checks expectations of his strength. Unless that just implies how powerful Fujitora is.

to be fair, it was Fujitora, Tsuru, AND Sengoku

Jack would have to be pretty damn powerful to stand up to two Admiral level fighters and a vice admiral level all at the same time. Not to mention he was outnumbered in general.

Kreed

are you guys seriously upset about 'crucify and chill'? lol it's not that bad

It's annoying when you are expecting as much accuracy with what was said in the source material as possible and aren't aware of the "liberties" some translators take with the source. That said this has been par the course with MS translations for years but I guess lots of cursing is more acceptable than social media lingo.

What the hell?

It's a reference to one of those panda translations no one should be reading ever.

you're telling me that if one of Kaidou's commanders were after you, you would let him take you? Sure, what happened was shitty, but I don't think Raizou is obligated to give himself up for them.

I'm saying he should give himself up, but at least lure them away from the island so innocent people don't get caught in the mayhem.

It's annoying when you are expecting as much accuracy with what was said in the source material as possible and aren't aware of the "liberties" some translators take with the source. That said this has been par the course with MS translations for years but I guess lots of cursing is more acceptable than social media lingo.

I've never been a fan of the strong language they repeated use in some chapters.
News flash, MS! Dropping f-bombs doesn't make the manga more mature and adult.

Sealed

Banned

i mean, it's "free" so it's kind of hard to complain

i can understand the sentiment, it just doesn't really bother me as long as I get what's going in

I'm not saying he should give himself up, but at least lure them away from the island so innocent people don't get caught in the mayhem.

it's possible he doesn't even know what happened, and even if he did he would still be risking his own safety by doing that. it definitely would have been good of him to do it, but at the same time it's not like he's obligated.

i'm interested to meet him, and learn why he's so important.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's annoying when you are expecting as much accuracy with what was said in the source material as possible and aren't aware of the "liberties" some translators take with the source.

Well there's your problem, you're expecting script accuracy! It's fansubs, as long as they're successfully conveying the correct events, I'm satisfied. Adding silly flavor to certain lines doesn't hurt anything.

Buy VIZ for accuracy!

Squishy3

Yikes, that chapter was brutal. Have fun putting that in the anime.
The only thing that seems to be a no-no is showing Whitebeard's head blown half off and Law's middle finger, considering we got to see Law's arm chopped off.

It'll probably still be altered a little bit, but I think they'll keep the scene largely intact.

edit: bonus, for some reason law has a thumbnail on the side of his thumb

TheFlow

Banned
You guys don't really have a right to be mad about a small translation error when you are clearly reading it for free.

This chapter was great, I felt so bad for the minks

Squishy3

I just realized we've had a lot of amputations in the last two arcs.
Law's doesn't count because nobody constantly around Luffy is allowed to sustain any serious damage.

If Sanji's seriously injured the minute Luffy comes near him he'll magically be all better. I mean, Luffy's been severely wounded in the chest twice now. I bet if Luffy ate the hit instead of Ace he'd still be alive. He'd just need some meat.

Law's doesn't count because nobody constantly around Luffy is allowed to sustain any serious damage.

If Sanji's seriously injured the minute Luffy comes near him he'll magically be all better. I mean, Luffy's been severely wounded in the chest twice now. I bet if Luffy ate the hit instead of Ace he'd still be alive. He'd just need some meat.

Zoro the Walking Blood Bank says hi.

Sealed

Banned
Jack is stronger than the Dukes, guys. He fought 5 days straight while the Dukes rested half a day everyday.

oh, this is an interesting point. you may be right.

You guys don't really have a right to be mad about a small translation error when you are clearly reading it for free.

This chapter was great, I felt so bad for the minks

it wasn't so much of an error as a liberty i would say, but yeah, i agree with you

Bleach influencing One Piece?

That's crazy tal...wait a minute....

Wait. One. Freaking. Minute.

love it, lol

Lol, no one is mad. I don't get it. You're saying we're not allowed to point out or laugh at a poor translation? Also, some of us do pay for the manga, but still want to read the manga early first so we can join the discussions. Fuck us, right?

Juniors gonna junior.

TheFlow

Banned
Lol, no one is mad. I don't get it. You're saying we're not allowed to point out or laugh at a poor translation? Also, some of us do pay for the manga, but still want to read the manga early first so we can join the discussions. Fuck us, right?

Juniors gonna junior.
Calling me a junior doesn't prove your point, just shows that you are salty at what I said. Please keep it civil if you can't handle opinions ty.

Korosenai

Juniors gonna junior.
Dude, your posts are always so over the top about everything lol.

ffdgh

Ohh so that how that blonde guys leg healed so fast after that battle with vergo and nami not having any lasting scars when she stabbed her arm. Seems legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom