• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealed

Banned
My question is whether Dragon is a goofball like his father and son.

I feel like he has to be, but don't want him to.

i really want him to be lol

i love it when goofballs are in charge

Edit: Wrong threa-...how the hell did I get here?

GODA draws in all souls

I think we will get something similar with Kidd's alliance. They're absolutely fucked and it's a good metric to see Kaido's power since they are supposedly similar in strength to Law and Luffy as the Worst Gen.

I think that Kidd and Allies will probably not fight Kaidou, I think they'll try to join up with him.

Kaidou has no reason to fight them, it's not like they attacked him, or trespassed or anything.

Post timeskip:

"Hey Luffy, you know a guy named Sabo?"

"Ehhhhhhh?!"

"Yeah he wouldn't shut up about you. By the way, he's alive. Oh, and your Dad is awesome in the sack."

Jokes, but yeah Sabo definitely told Robin not to talk about him to Luffy. She says "did you meet Luffy" to him when they meet up in Dresrossa.
I'm more curious as to why she doesn't talk about Dragon. I mean, I'm even more surprised Luffy isn't at all curious about what his old man is like. Maybe he forgot Dragon was a revolutionary lol
Lot of things are annoying, that's why I'm giving it a break. Can't wait to come back, I think when something big happens in this arc.

Lol @ Bish over here!

MCD

Female Law figure painted:

Lrtzdrs.jpg

ViFXVxA.jpg

SmAfoOV.jpg

i really want him to be lol

i love it when goofballs are in charge

GODA draws in all souls

I think that Kidd and Allies will probably not fight Kaidou, I think they'll try to join up with him.

Kaidou has no reason to fight them, it's not like they attacked him, or trespassed or anything.
Why recruit them? I can't see Kidd and his alliance yielding to a Yonko with all the taking down a Yonko talk and the new age stuff. Shanks was their target, but taking any Yonko down would be a big deal.
I'm still trying to figure out how to feel about it
Lami D. Water Law in da flesh

Oda says 2016 is the Year of Sanji.

He said we will learn about the birth of Sanji

That noble theory looking more likely!

The noble theory is honestly pretty ridiculous imo, and the "evidence" is just people going back and looking to create a pattern. It's very easy to find stuff that can be construed as evidence if you look hard enough. I think anyone who believes this isn't related to what Sanji's been up to offscreen in the past few in universe days is insane

We will see...

Sealed

Banned
Oda says 2016 is the Year of Sanji.

He said we will learn about the birth of Sanji

when did he say this?

Why recruit them? I can't see Kidd and his alliance yielding to a Yonko with all the taking down a Yonko talk and the new age stuff. Shanks was their target, but taking any Yonko down would be a big deal.

I dunno, it seemed like they chose Shanks for a specific reason. I just don't see them fighting Kaido out of the blue, and it would be in Kaido's best interest to take out Shanks too so he can get his territory. Not to mention they're unprepared for a fight, currently.

Plus, it would set up a confrontation between the Kidd alliance and Lawffy Alliance

Nightbird

Isn't it more like no chapter this week, then a chapter next week, followed by a two week break, with an early chapter in the week after that?

I think it's Christmas break this week so no Jump for a little while.

3 week break iirc

Isn't it more like no chapter this week, then a chapter next week, followed by a two week break, with an early chapter in the week after that?
Yeah, thought it would be like this. I remember some years we've gotten the late Dec chapter early and then the huge January break.
I dunno, it seemed like they chose Shanks for a specific reason. I just don't see them fighting Kaido out of the blue, and it would be in Kaido's best interest to take out Shanks too so he can get his territory. Not to mention they're unprepared for a fight, currently.

Plus, it would set up a confrontation between the Kidd alliance and Lawffy Alliance
If Kaido is anything like Jack, then I doubt it.
To Kidd's perspective, and it's fucking Kidd who doesn't take any shit, a ship from his fleet is sunk and it looks as though Kaido is directly attacking them. If anything, it would probably be them attacking Kaido first.

If they live, which they probably will, and go after Shanks, then that's probably what will cause the confrontation between themselves and Luffy's alliance.

TheFlow

Banned
Yeah kaido and Kidd alliance working together to kill shanks makes too much sense now.

Luffy vs kidd would be amazing since they are the strongest from the worst generation

Magwik

Banned
Yeah kaido and Kidd alliance working together to kill shanks makes too much sense now.

Luffy vs kidd would be amazing since they are the strongest from the worst generation
Kaido and Kidd take on Shanks while Blackbeard takes on Dragon, maybe forcing Luffy chose which one to save?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Could be Kidd beats Kaido, meaning Luffy never fights him and then goes to stop him from fighting Shanks, who is going after Blackbeard now that the balance of power is upset.

TheFlow

Banned
No way is kaido losing to Kidd. I doubt Kidd could get away with even beating doflamingo

Edit: yeah I can see Blackbeard attacking dragon and kaido attacking shanks happening at the same time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No way is kaido losing to Kidd. I doubt Kidd could get away with even beating doflamingo

Edit: yeah I can see Blackbeard attacking dragon and kaido attacking shanks happening at the same time.

That Kaido/Kidd alliance confrontation exists to hype one of the two up, I doubt they team up. One side is going to get their ass beat.

smurfx

get some go again

i see kidd being way too prideful to team up with kaido. he's teaming up with the other guys but probably seems himself as the one in charge. maybe kaido doesn't even notice them and just goes about his business and leaves. or what if these guys fight kaido for a bit and then he learns of doflamingos defeat and leaves to take care of business. these guys learn what its like to take on an emperor and better prepare for shanks.

i see kidd being way too prideful to team up with kaido. he's teaming up with the other guys but probably seems himself as the one in charge. maybe kaido doesn't even notice them and just goes about his business and leaves. or what if these guys fight kaido for a bit and then he learns of doflamingos defeat and leaves to take care of business. these guys learn what its like to take on an emperor and better prepare for shanks.
I could see this, I really doubt they're going to die yet. Kaido will learn about Doflamingo and will head straight for Luffy or head back to his base of operations to prepare an attack or "the biggest war" that he claims to want to start.

smurfx

get some go again
I could see this, I really doubt they're going to die yet. Kaido will learn about Doflamingo and will head straight for Luffy or head back to his base of operations to prepare an attack or "the biggest war" that he claims to want to start.
kaido demands the marines release doflamingo or face consequences. the marines tell him to screw off and he then attacks the celestials at the reverie. that should be good enough to start a huge war.

kaido demands the marines release doflamingo or face consequences. the marines tell him to screw off and he then attacks the celestials at the reverie. that should be good enough to start a huge war.
It would be epic. 2016 is gonna be a huge year for OP with some Yonko action AND Sanji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom