• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Naruto tribute was pretty heart-warming. ;_;

Dub voice casts that must happen:

Law: Matthew Mercer
Sabo: Vic Mignogna

superman-dad-death-reaction-Kevin-Costner-1387241798Q.gif

Dugna

That smile looks so goofy.

Apropos smile,
I wonder why the fruits are called "Smile".

Could just be a basic reason like "It sounds so nice and happy but it's actually evil" kinda thing. Not sure they would go deep into the reasoning.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Chapter 767 spoilers (courtesy of redon)

- Rocinante appeared and Donquixote Family catched him. Doflamingo asked him about Ope Ope no Mi and Law. Rocinante told him Law ate the fruit and already escaped from the Torikago.
- Buffalo reported that the Marines saved a boy. Doflamingo cancelled the Torikago and asked them to attack the ships.
- Actually Law was hidden inside a treasure box which behind of Rocinante when Rocinante talked to Doflamingo.
- Doflamingo killed Rocinante. Law cried inside treasure box but no one can hear him, thanks to Rocinante's power.
- In the end, Tsuru's ship attacked. Donquixote Family tried to escape. At this moment Law walked away silently from treasure box they took and then cried bitterly.

Kater

Banned
Really tempting spoilers right there. I mean, it's obvious what is going to happen but it's still going to be soul-crushing. 😢

demidar

Haven't seen the spoilers but I'm gonna guess Corazon asks Law to kill and disrespect him (or worse) so that Mingo doesn't kill Law.

Metal B

Interesting. Doflamingo's father and Rosinante are both Celestial Dragons and smile before facing death. Either both are secretly D's and they're actually not named "Donquixote". Or the D stands for Dragon and the D's and the Celestial Dragons are related.

Kiru

So who's Dory ? You only see him briefly, face looks a bit like Bellamy. Some People say it might be X-Drake: "I mean in Japanese Drake is pronounced Doreeku, which could easily be shortened to Dory" Makes sense.

So who's Dory ? You only see him briefly, face looks a bit like Bellamy. Some People say it might be X-Drake: "I mean in Japanese Drake is pronounced Doreeku, which could easily be shortened to Dory" Makes sense.

It's X drake. He's from the north blue, and the x in his name is pronounced "diez" in the japanese versions (And the pirates are the Diez pirates). You can also see the x scar on his chin in this chapter, though it's harder to see in panda's version because the scans are shitty

Kiru

It's X drake. He's from the north blue, and the x in his name is pronounced "diez" in the japanese versions (And the pirates are the Diez pirates). You can also see the x scar on his chin in this chapter, though it's harder to see in panda's version because the scans are shitty

dory2vfqmw.jpg

doryd3p5n.jpg

Now that you mention the scar, clearly visible here, yep.

One Piece 767

mr-t-crying.gif

When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No! When he suffers a disease? No! When he ate a soup made out of a poisonous mushroom? No! A man dies when he is forgotten!

Bandini

I'm at work, so I'll have to wait until I'm home to reread and shed a manly tear, but what a chapter. Looks like the real action will start next week!

daveo42

Banned
Ch 767

We knew Doffy was ruthless, but damn man. Plus, with X Drake showing up this issue, we have a more solid connection between Law, Kaidou, and DF outside of Smile. Next week looks like it'll be the end of flashback. It'll be nice to get back to the task at hand of handing DF his own ass. At least I hope. Dude definitely deserves to be put down at this point.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good version of the chapter is out.

Brosinante man
That first page seems to imply Trebol was the one that awoke Doffy's dark side. I mean, he was always a brat but Trebol is the one to push him towards killing his dad.
This chapter kind of confirms that Dorry is X Drake. Scar on the chin and everything.

Shit... we knew Rosinante was going to die, but that didn't make this any sadder. It sounds like Sengoku found him when he was a kid and raised him to be a Marine.

Next week is going to be huge.

robox

Wait who is talking with Doffy on the first page about giving him the power of revenge

i'm still trying to figure out the first page.
from right to left it's vergo, trebol, rocinante, ??? trebol again? diamante? lao g? the different sunglasses are throwing me off.

and when did that happen?
did donki already exhibit emperor's haki? did he already start forming his family?
i want to think these panels mean something. just like the dorry-drake thing. i thought it was more throwaway panels until you sleuths made the connection

Grexeno

i'm still trying to figure out the first page.
from right to left it's vergo, trebol, rocinante, ??? trebol again? diamante? lao g? the different sunglasses are throwing me off.

and when did that happen?
did donki already exhibit emperor's haki? did he already start forming his family?
i want to think these panels mean something. just like the dorry-drake thing. i thought it was more throwaway panels until you sleuths made the connection
From right to left: Vergo, Trebol, Rocinante, Doflamingo, Trebol again (the snot dribbling from his nose is the giveaway.)

I agree but not so much because I hate his guts. They've been building to a massive shake-up when Joker goes down and I can't wait to see it.

Yeah it's definitely because of the build up in part, but I also just hate his motivations/personality/etc.
So it looks like Doffy first used Conqueror's Haki when he was a wee youth. Presumably when his family was pinned to the wall, being attacked by the crowd. It's how he survived that situation. Then offed his dad.

Maybe the idea is that Trebol was there, and saw what happened, and took Doffy under his wing or something. Gave him his string fruit.

I'm confused as to why Vergo is there though, as a kid.

This will likely be the next flashback. Either during or after the battle proper.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
So it looks like Doffy first used Conqueror's Haki when he was a wee youth. Presumably when his family was pinned to the wall, being attacked by the crowd. It's how he survived that situation. Then offed his dad.

Maybe the idea is that Trebol was there, and saw what happened, and took Doffy under his wing or something. Gave him his string fruit.

I'm confused as to why Vergo is there though, as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom