• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Doflamingo is one mean sociopath. 😭

Found a well-done animated version of the panels again where
Doflamingo executes Corazon.

http://bitterbeetle.tumblr.com/post/102553039677/i-love-you

Spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the current chapter yet.

Just found this here as well. Really cute fanart.

tumblr_nezu040S9z1rz5dl4o1_r1_1280.png

Jigolo

hpLkKxp.png

EDIT: ODAAAAA PLS. PLSSSS. Read this on /r/OnePiece

"The exact panel Rosinante died...his face is covered with snow, resembling the effects of Amber Lead Syndrome" - God damn I didn't catch this

"why law is in treasure box ? because law is corason treasure :'( :'(" - FUFUU

hpLkKxp.png

EDIT: ODAAAAA PLS. PLSSSS. Read this on /r/OnePiece

"The exact panel Rosinante died...his face is covered with snow, resembling the effects of Amber Lead Syndrome" - God damn I didn't catch this

"why law is in treasure box ? because law is corason treasure :'( :'(" - FUFUU

yeah that stuff really hit me

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
So who will get credit for beating Doffy? Luffy and Law will both beat him together I think (Luffy normally beats the "big bad" but Law has the true axe to grind here) but the World Government always covers up the truth when a Warlord gets beaten.

In other words, will Luffy's bounty skyrocket?

Interesting how Oda still didn't make Doflamingo 100% evil, with the small shakes of his hand before he shot Corazon and his hesitation, saying he look too much like their father

Allways kind of funny how people get the shit kicked out of them over and over or some even get shot, but when the big bad pulls out a gun and shoots you, your dead for sure lol

Principate

Saint Titanfall
So it looks like Doffy first used Conqueror's Haki when he was a wee youth. Presumably when his family was pinned to the wall, being attacked by the crowd. It's how he survived that situation. Then offed his dad.

Maybe the idea is that Trebol was there, and saw what happened, and took Doffy under his wing or something. Gave him his string fruit.

I'm confused as to why Vergo is there though, as a kid.

Trebol had a crew or at least a group of individuals, mangastream scan made a mistake (surprises, surprise...), Vergo's panel was him introducing Trebol as the boss, So the implication is Trebol saw Don use his haki and scouted him for his crew and gave him the string fruit.

Basically he manipulated Don who probably then went off to kill his father and left with Trebol's crew which Don later took over.

Allways kind of funny how people get the shit kicked out of them over and over or some even get shot, but when the big bad pulls out a gun and shoots you, your dead for sure lol

TBF mostly fodders (strength wise) die only to guns, or at least rarely anyone shown to have reasonable degree of strength, and Corazon had already sustained heavy damage from the prior event so that's not accurate in this context.

So is Trebol some ring leader?
he is way older then Doffy and in this flashback he is the one pushing him over

He acts like a imbecile in the present time (like some lackey) but what if he is the real brains of everything and is pulling the strings

Jigolo

So is Trebol some ring leader?
he is way older then Doffy and in this flashback he is the one pushing him over

He acts like a imbecile in the present time (like some lackey) but what if he is the real brains of everything and is pulling the strings

There's no way he's pulling the strings. He's just Donflamingo's right hand man; think Frank Underwood and Doug Stamper type of relationship. He certainly has a good input and Doffy trusts him but Donfalmingo is still king.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
There's no way he's pulling the strings. He's just Donflamingo's right hand man; think Frank Underwood and Doug Stamper type of relationship. He certainly has a good input and Doffy trusts him but Donfalmingo is still king.

He has at the very least manipulated Don when he was young (seeing Don use Haki and giving him the power for "revenge" and Don later joining him) it's far too obvious he was using Don, and lets be honest Don wasn't exactly intelligient at that age.

I doubt he has any other plans, though there's enough room for one but it seems unlikely to me right now.

I view it more like Trebol put Don on the path after seeing his potential. Pissed off self entitled kid with conqueror's haki? Give him a devil fruit and set him loose

or is he

Trebol had the vision of making Doffy the way he was... he acts like a idiot but it just goes to show that his heart is likely extremely dark

Jigolo

He has at the very least manipulated Don when he was young (seeing Don use Haki and giving him the power for "revenge" and Don later joining him) it's far too obvious he was using Don, and lets be honest Don wasn't exactly intelligient at that age.

I doubt he has any other plans, though there's enough room for one but it seems unlikely to me right now.

I'd be completely shocked if he was calling the shots in the present. Donflamingo just doesn't seem like that kind of person. But hey, it's possible. We'll see soon enough (I think) because the flashback is seemingly over so we'll see what happens with Law & Luffy vs. Doffy & Trebol

I view it more like Trebol put Don on the path after seeing his potential. Pissed off self entitled kid with conqueror's haki? Give him a devil fruit and set him loose

Yup I agree.

smurfx

get some go again
what if trebol has been working with kaidou all this time? if kaidou turns on doflamingo it would be a huge twist if trebol is the one who backstabs and kills doflamingo.

There goes one brave as fuck marine... With a smile on his face.

I love that this manga shows that nothing is black or white, there's bad and good pirates, bad and good marines, it's the people not the institution or group.

RIP Rocinante...

Lirlond

I'm rereading One Piece, I can never get over the impact I feel with "Luffy vs Usopp" and "Captain". An amazing pair of chapters. The idea of having to wait for this to come out live seems horrible to me. Now onto my favourite arc of the series. Enies Lobby!!

I'm rereading One Piece, I can never get over the impact I feel with "Luffy vs Usopp" and "Captain". An amazing pair of chapters. The idea of having to wait for this to come out live seems horrible to me. Now onto my favourite arc of the series. Enies Lobby!!

I think I remember reading those in monthly (english) jump back in grade school. That totally turned me on to this style of manga.

Kater

Banned
Found an analysis of the relationship between Law and Corazon and nearly cried again. Thought I'd share it here.

Corazon and Law Relationship Analysis: The Bittersweet Edition

Just… first off, these panels are so incredibly important to me. As is evident from the first two images, Corazon is, like his brother, an intrinsically manipulative character. While he channels his flaws into far more noble goals than Doflamingo, it’s still practically impossible to deny the fact that Corazon has extensively lied to and manipulated those around him.

And his ready brand of deception is a defining aspect of his character. As we also see from the earlier images, Corazon has allowed deception and manipulation to shape his personality as well. Among other things, he pretends to be mute and he cloaks himself with a serious, stoic demeanor. He even manipulated Sengoku and the Marines when he stole the Op Op Fruit from beneath their noses. Nobody knew who he truly was.

But then… Law came along. And suddenly, as we see in the fourth image, Corazon finally begins to reveal just who he really is. And we all see him for the kind, goofy, and loving man that he really is. He only revealed this because Law is the only one with whom he feels comfortable enough to be himself. Corazon cares for, trusts, and loves Law so much that Law is legitimately the only person who really ever knew Corazon for the man he really was.

Expressing himself as he truly is is one of the major ways that Corazon expresses his love for Law.

So, in the last moments of his life, Corazon simply couldn’t stand the thought of deceiving Law the way he did others, of having died with Law not knowing who he truly was. So he sheds his shield of deception and confesses that he’s a Marine. He confesses this despite Law having made it explicitly clear that he hates Marines with a passion. Corazon would rather confess and have Law hate him rather than not express his full love for Law and lie to him.

He wants Law to remember him. And, like pineappleheadmarco eloquently stated, because of this, Law is the only one who really remembers Corazon for the man that he truly was. He was the only one who didn’t remember Corazon as a dimwitted mute, turncoat, thug, or Celestial Dragon. Law is the only one who remembered Corazon for the man he truly was: a kindhearted, extremely altruistic man that valued others above himself.

Here's the full post on Tumblr, with said panels that are mentioned in the analysis.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This might be my favorite flashback in the entire series. Not only is Rocinante painted to be one of the most likeable characters the series has ever seen in a sea of likeable characters, Doflamingo has cemented himself as the biggest grade A asshole in a series full of those too. He's all the unlikeable aspects of the Celestial Dragons we've seen before given power and authority.

I hope he dies.

Also, RIP Donquixote "Cora-san" Rocinante. :(

smurfx

get some go again
This might be my favorite flashback in the entire series. Not only is Rocinante painted to be one of the most likeable characters the series has ever seen in a sea of likeable characters, Doflamingo has cemented himself as the biggest grade A asshole in a series full of those too. He's all the unlikeable aspects of the Celestial Dragons we've seen before given power and authority.

I hope he dies.

Also, RIP Donquixote "Cora-san" Rocinante. :(
doflamingo seriously needs to have a terrible end. i kinda think doflamingo and his main crew will all be executed by kaidou in the arc after this. those who were kids in the flashback will likely be spared and maybe senor pink. i'm guessing kaidou probably goes after doflamingo because he already paid him the money for future smile fruits. knowing doflamingo he already spent the money on his other shady businesses. since kaidou murdered moria's crew then he might first kill doflamingo's crew in front of him before doing him in. we need to have an emperor who is brutal vs other crews.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
doflamingo seriously needs to have a terrible end. i kinda think doflamingo and his main crew will all be executed by kaidou in the arc after this. those who were kids in the flashback will likely be spared and maybe senor pink. i'm guessing kaidou probably goes after doflamingo because he already paid him the money for future smile fruits. knowing doflamingo he already spent the money on his other shady businesses. since kaidou murdered moria's crew then he might first kill doflamingo's crew in front of him before doing him in. we need to have an emperor who is brutal vs other crews.

Are we talking about the same manga ?

smurfx

get some go again
Are we talking about the same manga ?
big players always squash some other powerful character to build up the hype. we haven't really had a completely ruthless emperor yet and he fits that description. you expect doflamingo and crew to go on cover story adventures after all the things they have done?

cw_sasuke

big players always squash some other powerful character to build up the hype. we haven't really had a completely ruthless emperor yet and he fits that description. you expect doflamingo and crew to go on cover story adventures after all the things they have done?

So ? Sir Croc, Captain Black, Krieg etc. all done terrible things and didnt get slaughtered for them, we are talking about OP. And yeah Dofla might get killed ( dont think so), but no way in hell will the whole crew be erased.

We are OP, Oda can display a new badass without having to kill other Mayor characters. Also i dont see how killing an already weakened and beaten Dofla will show how powerful Kaidou is. He is a Yonkou, wanted to attack Whitebeard head on and DoFla is working more or less for him.

smurfx

get some go again
So ? Sir Croc, Captain Black, Krieg etc. all done terrible things and didnt get slaughtered for them, we are talking about OP. And yeah Dofla might get killed ( dont think so), but no way in hell will the whole crew be erased.

We are OP, Oda can display a new badass without having to kill other Mayor characters. Also i dont see how killing an already weakened and beaten Dofla will show how powerful Kaidou is. He is a Yonkou, wanted to attack Whitebeard head on and DoFla is working more or less for him.
it's about showing how ruthless he is when people let him down. remember that doflamingo will likely still be a warlord after this so he isn't going to be arrested by the marines after he loses. luffy isn't going to kill him and i don't think fujitora will allow law to kill him either. somebody else will most likely have to take doflamingo and his top guys out of the story and that will probably be kaidou.

cw_sasuke

Well then let's just agree to disagree :)
I don't think the DoFla Family will or has to be killed to show how badass Kaidou is. Doesn't fit the three of the Manga imo, just getting killed would be a disappointing end for a character like DoFla.

Well then let's just agree to disagree :)
I don't think the DoFla Family will or has to be killed to show how badass Kaidou is. Doesn't fit the three of the Manga imo, just getting killed would be a disappointing end for a character like DoFla.

Elaborating on this a bit, Oda has explicitly said why he never has anyone die.

D: Why doesn't Luffy ever kill his enemies? If you look back, he didn't kill Mohji, he didn't kill Helmeppo or Captain Morgan, or anyone. Well, Zoro was the one who beat Morgan, but still. Why?

O: Ahh, good question. First of all, Morgan is still alive. He's being held in prison now by his former subordinates. So why didn't Luffy kill him? In this era, people put their lives on their beliefs and convictions, and fight. When he goes into battle, Luffy is destroying others' beliefs. And when these enemies' beliefs are shattered and defeated, they feel a pain equal to death. I think that for these pirates, killing or not killing is secondary to winning or losing.
Source: SBS Volume 4

Also, keep in mind that Oda has ever only killed off two characters (Ace and Whitebeard respectively), and when it was absolutely necessary for the story to progress. I don't think I need to bring up Pell surviving the bomb in Alabasta, CP9 surviving the Buster Call on Enies Lobby, etc.

Doflamingo might get killed off for the sheer fact that keeping someone like that alive casts a pretty large shadow over the series. I don't see him having the turnaround potential that the other bosses have had.

Taborcarn

But didn't Doflamingo (and the Pacifistas) execute Moria after the war? It would be poetic justice if he was taken out the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom