• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Fuck he killed Pekoms, son of a bitch. Of course this is One Piece and he is alive, but goddamit.
Doubt Pekom is dead - he will be back.
I don't get why Sanji and co with the help of Ceasar couldn't take down Capone though? So far it seems like the only thing speaking for him is the number of men.

Also what did happen at the table? did he materialize out of liquid or what was that?
Capones bounty made it clear that he is on a diffrent level, also Sanji and co. didnt wanna put the Minks in Danger.

TheFlow

Banned
Considering the last name is Bismark, powerful might be putting it lightly.

Only spoilers get tags, once it's in English its fair game. Same as the other manga thread.

ahh ok gotcha, and lol the other manga thread actually use spoiler tags even if it was released in english but k.

wilstreak

Biscmark is cooler for a noble name without a doubt

To be honest though if Chopper turned himself into Monster Chopper, Capone and his gang would have a really bad bad time

Lunar15

To be honest though if Chopper turned himself into Monster Chopper, Capone and his gang would have a really bad bad time

I think numbers count here. Capone's whole thing is the ability to summon an army at a whim, and I doubt they're chumps. They also had the element of surprise and had them surrounded.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
... Maybe I should wait for the Viz translation. Stream's translation seems really off this week.

Kreed

One Piece 812:

Capone making a reappearance and doing so much was a nice surprise, but I don't really like how quickly he took out Pekoms or how easily he made Nami and Chopper into hostages. Considering how often the Straw Hats have had guns pointed at them, it's silly that Chopper and Nami couldn't have fought back even a little bit. But as I said Capone looked great here so I won't complain too much. Chapter was good otherwise/I'm glad Oda is giving out more info on Sanji already vs drawing it out too much.

Oda puts the puns in himself with character like Orlumbus. Probably some Japanese speaker will have to tell us if Vinsmoke is some play on word with Bismarck. Like with Columbus the Co in japan means small so changing it to Oh as in large changes his name from small-lumbus to big-lumbus. But if anyone translated his name to big lumber or something it wouldn't be helpful at all.

dani_dc

So I'm guessing Sanji saw a picture of the bride, she was beautiful, thus he decided to go ahead with the marriage.

Then he'll get here and find out the picture was outdated/doctored, but it will be too late for him to get out of the situation by himself, thus needing to be rescued.

Sanji's expression in the final panel is interesting.

There's a level of distress on his face that'd make no sense if that surname didn't mean something to him.

daveo42

Banned
Sanji being a noble isn't that surprising. The fact that he's getting married threw me for a loop . More surprising is that he's supposed to get married to someone related to Big Mam.

I uh...good luck Sanji.

For some reason when I read that, I didn't think pudding was a Big Mom crew member but of course that makes sense. I though it was some arranged marriage he ran away from as a kid he was getting dragged back to. That doesn't make sense though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's likely that Big Mom's daughters are "related" in the same way that all of Whitebeard's men were his sons.
No blood relation, just a very strong bond.

Chariot

Don't butcher his name. It's Otto von Motherfucking Bismarck, the greatest chancellor Germany ever had. (not without his flaws, he was as sexist and anti-semitic as most people at the time).
It's likely that Big Mom's daughters are "related" in the same way that all of Whitebeard's men were his sons.
Or at least like Capone, where she is seen like a Don, who you call with that kind of paternal name out of respect, not because you necessary like them on a personal basis.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I'm liking how how Capone rolls! Looks like he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve. Would love to see how he does in a fight.

Oda has been on an amazing roll last few chapters or so.

Lunar15

Yeah, that was a good chapter. So, what's the chance of Lola being Pudding?

I'd say slim considering the last time we saw her she was on the other side of the red line, however, I think that Big Mom having 35 (or more?) daughters lends a huge amount of credence to Lola actually being one.

Also, the name Big Mom makes a lot more sense now.

daveo42

Banned
I'd say slim considering the last time we saw her she was on the other side of the red line, however, I think that Big Mom having 35 (or more?) daughters lends a huge amount of credence to Lola actually being one.

Also, the name Big Mom makes a lot more sense now.

That was always my assumption, though this:

Makes a bit more sense in terms of who her daughters are. I'm still going to wager that Lola is an actual daughter of Big Mam and not just one of her crew.

Lunar15

That was always my assumption, though this:

Makes a bit more sense in terms of who her daughters are. I'm still going to wager that Lola is an actual daughter of Big Mam and not just one of her crew.

Hmm if you're announcing her as a bride, I think they're all actually blood related daughters. Especially since they announced Sanji's two siblings in the same manner.

My other guess: Bonney is not only Big Mom's daughter, but also Whitebeard's daughter. That's right: the revelation is going to be that Whitebeard and Big Mom were a fling at one point.

daveo42

Banned
Hmm if you're announcing her as a bride, I think they're all actually blood related daughters. Especially since they announced Sanji's two siblings in the same manner.

My other guess: Bonney is not only Big Mom's daughter, but also Whitebeard's daughter. That's right: the revelation is going to be that Whitebeard and Big Mom were a fling at one point.

I'd like to think Whitebeard had better taste in women...or Big Mam was more of a looker before she got "big."

Lunar15

I'd like to think Whitebeard had better taste in women...or Big Mam was more of a looker before she got "big."

Please, you think Oda's gonna pass up the chance to do a flashback gag where Big Mom was once a sexy lady pirate with big boobs? That kind of gag is his wheel house, man.

Chariot

Well, to be fair. If you think about it, Whitebeard with all his strength would probably need a sturdy woman, if you're a big giant that's easier.

daveo42

Banned
Please, you think Oda's gonna pass up the chance to do a flashback gag where Big Mom was once a sexy lady pirate with big boobs? That kind of gag is his wheel house, man.

The One Piece universe is lacking a reverse-Alvida...

Well, to be fair. If you think about it, Whitebeard with all his strength would probably need a sturdy woman, if you're a big giant that's easier.

You do make a good point. A a real sturdy woman could handle that much earth-shattering sex.
I'm not sorrry.

My crackpot theory: Pudding is Jewlery Bonney.

Also, something tells me our good friends are off on the name translation. I'm going to guess it's Bismark.
Fuckk

Bonney is Sanji's bride and then Bonney joins the crew! Damn.

As for the chapter, wow....
Great chance for Capone to shine and show his stuff.

Fucking knew Sanji was a noble! Now it seems we're heading towards Whole Cake Island and getting Sanji back.

Peckoms probably has a permanent turtle shell on his back for just this occasion. I keep forgetting he has a Devil Fruit.

Also, pretty sure Lola is at least ONE of Big Moms daughters. How else are they going to rescue Sanji than by using the Vivre Card?

I don't think Bonney will appear relevant in the story until the Blackbeard arc.

Also also, this made me laugh.

Squishy3

Zou is effectively over now, they just need to find the ninja and then they'll probably end up going to Whole Cake Island to go get Sanji

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zou is effectively over now, they just need to find the ninja and then they'll probably end up going to Whole Cake Island to go get Sanji

Pretty much, though I would not be the slightest bit surprised if they come back to Zou after Whole Cake Island. It makes a good home base for the Straw Hats and I'd put money on there being a lot they could still learn on the island.

Luffy and the gang still need to meet the cat boss but yeah, unless Weevil or Jack come out of nowhere, I don't really know how Zou will continue. People were theorizing that there's a ponegylph here so maybe that.

The minks seemed to have allied themselves with the Straw Hats but I feel like they'll eventually find out that Kinemon is with them and Momonosuke is a samurai.

Anyway, bring on the Wedding Crashers arc.

NZerker12

I don't think big mum has 35 daughters but her daughter is the 35th daughter of the entire family meaning 35th female descendant/female born.

smurfx

get some go again
muahaha i love reading all these bonney theories. now all of you are falling in line and seeing that bonney might really become the next strawhat. i don't think she is pudding but she will show up if she is big mom's daughter and i'm assuming her other daughters might show up as well to witness the wedding. so this means bonney and lola might be part of the next arc. jimbei was looking to plead his case with big mom so he will likely also be part of that arc. they all team up and after bonney and jimbei join the strawhats and completing the crew. also since big mom is in the habit of marrying off her daughters then it's likely that she married bonney off to some celestial who wanted her powers in exchange for something.

Grexeno

Eagerly awaiting Capone getting fucked up by Luffy or Sanji or whoever.

I've frankly lost all sense of where the story goes from here. We have both the Big Mom and Kaido plots coming to a head at the same time. Either they both happen at once (which doesn't make any sense) or one gets put on the backburner for the other one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Eagerly awaiting Capone getting fucked up by Luffy or Sanji or whoever.

I've frankly lost all sense of where the story goes from here. We have both the Big Mom and Kaido plots coming to a head at the same time. Either they both happen at once (which doesn't make any sense) or one gets put on the backburner for the other one.

Kaido can sit for a while, Big Mom seems to be the more pressing issue right now.

daveo42

Banned
Kaido can sit for a while, Big Mom seems to be the more pressing issue right now.

Part of the whole Kaido arc anyway involves Caesar, who appears to be in the care of Big Mam now. Getting the rest of the crew back together and grabbing Caesar are top of the list for Luffy and Law at this point.

Grexeno

Part of the whole Kaido arc anyway involves Caesar, who appears to be in the care of Big Mam now. Getting the rest of the crew back together and grabbing Caesar are top of the list for Luffy and Law at this point.
Speaking of Law, I think he might be done in the story for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom